Author Topic: The Viking Lounge  (Read 70168 times)

Offline Simmion

• Star
Re: The Viking Lounge
« Reply #2150 on: October 13, 2013, 02:58:22 PM »
You know, I have been Fraiser's biggest supporter, and have always been a level headed guy that says, "lets just wait".  But this year has been really bad. (Defense first, I'd give the offense a little slack even though I think Musgrave's offense is rather bland, but he is 4th in the NFL in scoring offense).  But I am all about starting fresh now, I am so fed up.
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline Badd_Man1

• Badd as Badd can be
« Reply #2151 on: October 13, 2013, 03:00:50 PM »
i just don't get it Frazier looks lost,Cam Newton is just looking oh well this wasn't that tough,again they looked like they were not ready to play

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
  • 😜I Ain't Got No Worries😜
« Reply #2152 on: October 13, 2013, 03:22:39 PM »
2 weeks to prepare and your on your own field!!! Our players are not this bad. the gameplanning is horrible, the playcalling is horrible, key situation decisions are horrible!!! You have absolutly no clue how to get your playmakers the ball!!The wrong players on the field at the wrong time!! you throw what our secoumd screen pass all year!!!!!! to toby gehart!!!!!! down 30+ points!!!! are you F***ing serious!!!!! where the F*** is cp!!!!! you run a fake end around to him to obvisously set up a end around to him later in the game...but no!!!!!! nothing!!! and lets not forget cp can throw the ball what the F*** the playcalls and key situational moves and players on the field all make absolutly no sense!!!!!!!! its pathetic that ap gets hit in the backfield every running play!Our HC has no fire! Worst coaching staff in the leauge hands down!!
virginia1 atl3 duke1 min1

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
« Reply #2153 on: October 13, 2013, 03:24:15 PM »
The only positive i can get from this game is our punter can kickoff.......

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #2154 on: October 13, 2013, 03:36:15 PM »
2 weeks to prepare and your on your own field!!! Our players are not this bad. the gameplanning is horrible, the playcalling is horrible, key situation decisions are horrible!!! You have absolutly no clue how to get your playmakers the ball!!The wrong players on the field at the wrong time!! you throw what our secoumd screen pass all year!!!!!! to toby gehart!!!!!! down 30+ points!!!! are you f***ing serious!!!!! where the f*** is cp!!!!! you run a fake end around to him to obvisously set up a end around to him later in the game...but no!!!!!! nothing!!! and lets not forget cp can throw the ball what the f*** the playcalls and key situational moves and players on the field all make absolutly no sense!!!!!!!! its pathetic that ap gets hit in the backfield every running play!Our HC has no fire! Worst coaching staff in the leauge hands down!!

Well said. claps all around.

You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
« Reply #2155 on: October 13, 2013, 03:59:06 PM »
Simmion between this coaching staff,the Qb situation,and our handicapped defense!!! Im loosing my mind!!! I dont even know whats wrong wit our d maybe we are playing too conservative idk its jus too much for me to handle embarrasing...

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
« Reply #2156 on: October 13, 2013, 04:01:29 PM »
I take that back i know 1 thing wrong with our d!!! Josh robinson!!!! Lol

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
« Reply #2157 on: October 13, 2013, 04:14:15 PM »
Aint nothin gonna change with josh freeman...hell we could have peyton manning and our coaches would probally start running the read option lol y havnt we seen cp line up in the backfield with ap??

Offline VeN 1473

• Backup
  • I do what I do
« Reply #2158 on: October 13, 2013, 07:03:25 PM »
First of all, it is absolutely terrible what happened to Adrian's son. That poor mother. One of my best friends from South Dakota was actually pretty good friends with her in high school and saw a bunch of stuff on Facebook about it happening before it was even related to AD. Such a terrible story.

Second, I am curious if there is any way we can get rid either Cassel or Ponder and get something for them. Buffalo's practice-squad, undrafted free agent QB is having an MRI tomorrow. Any package that includes bring safety Jarius Byrd to Minnesota would be great.

Also, trade Jared Allen and get whatever you can for him. They obviously aren't interested in resigning him considering Robison was resigned and they are talking to Everson Griffen. Get him to New England or Denver or someplace where he'll have a chance to win a championship with an AFC team.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
  • Where the white women at?
« Reply #2159 on: October 13, 2013, 07:26:51 PM »
This is Frazier's MO. 0-3 in weeks after a bye. I just don't understand how that happens, and I mean in a manner as this. 35 -10 drubbing at the hands of a team that has been as bad or worse than the Vikings all year. So much for sending the Metrodome out with a bang...

The defense gets ZERO pressure. The blitz is handled EVERY time they try to bring it. I really question the toughness of the offensive line at this time too. Remember last year when the line took care of what was the best d-line in the league? Well apparently those days are long gone? I watch Smith get carted off and had to laugh about the lineup in the secondary. Steve Smith out played Rhodes and laid the lumber to Chad Greenway...

They always say that a team develops the personality of their head coach and after watching what has gone on in Minnesota I believe we are seeing that come to fruition...

2 horrible over throws by Cassel and a defense that looked like they'd rather be anywhere else. Perhaps the ordeal with AP was a factor. I'm sure it happens. Sometimes it pulls a team together and many more times it makes them look, well, like they did this afternoon...

This, if Freeman is ready to take on the playbook, and why shouldn't he be at this point, will usher in the Josh Freeman era in Viking lore? There's 1 thing for sure. This defense is highly offensive to each and everyone of the Viking faithful on this page! Everyone will be calling for coaches heads after this debacle, but who is on the team's coaching staff could take it over and would we really want that to happen anyway?

1-4 is fitting the way this team has presented themselves. Like an old grizzled dude I know always used to say, " there's a whole lot a quit in that boy!" Watching today had me thinking that about this squad...SKOL Brother!
min1          stl3          indiana1

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
« Reply #2160 on: October 13, 2013, 08:40:11 PM »
Well....I had to tape this game as I was out of town......after hearing about it I just hit delete on the tape....not wasting one minute on this crap.

I'm really not sure why any of us are that surprised about what we are witnessing this year. We were all trying to stay positive but many of us have been stated what is now painfully obvious.......Ponder is not an NFL starting QB and Frazier is not an NFL coach. The season is over and outside of the O-Line (never would have thought they would be that bad this year) this team is what most of us thought it would be.

Every level of coaching has been below average this year and the majority of the blame falls on Frazier.......

The players may be bad on defense but the schemes are worse......the offense is out of sink and even with a solid QB we will still need better schemes and a major attitude adjustment for the O-line.

There are a few realities the fan base and ownership need to face......there is a decent chance we don't win another game this season.....at best and barring an opponent having major injuries 3 wins total would be a high ceiling for realistic expectations this year.

The Wilfs need to realize they guessed wrong on Frazier and let him and his staff go.....they need to dedicate the next 2 years to bringing in a new HC and staff and start getting brand new schemes and players in on both sides of the ball. It's also time to try and trade Allen, Greenway and  Ponder and get what you can for them........Sadly...if someone is willing to pony up a 1st then AD too as he is officially wasted being a Viking right now and that won't change anytime soon, especially not in the next 2 seasons.

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #2161 on: October 13, 2013, 09:16:01 PM »
I agree with Hutch. too many problems at this point. I would cash in. I would  sadly trade  A.D let him have a superbowl run. you could get multiple high picks, also trade Allen and try to get something for Ponder. stockpile picks this year, Dump the coaching staff dec 30. bring in Gruden  or somebody and try again.
PAGE NAMED NFLS MVP — In 1971 Alan Page became the first defensive player to be named the Most Valuable Player of the National Football League by the Associated Press. Page headed a Vikings defense that held opponents to fewer than 10 points a game.

Offline CMC18V

• Hates stupid people!!!
  • Star
  • I see what you did there!
« Reply #2162 on: October 13, 2013, 10:50:23 PM »
I was on record of hating Frazier from day 1. His defense's sucked when he was a coordinator and now they are worse with better guys.
I think he is trying to be the players buddy. He's a F***ing moron is all that needs to be said.
If someone tells you they don't like fighting in hockey every other word out of their mouth might be a lie.

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
« Reply #2163 on: October 14, 2013, 07:22:41 AM »
im fine with trading allen,williams,greenway,and ponder...but not ad hes the only thing i can get excited for to watch every sunday.. i couldnt watch this team if not for him...

Offline Arasmis

• NFC North Champions 4 years running: Green Bay Packers!
  • Battle God
  • Star
  • Is it Football season yet?
« Reply #2164 on: October 14, 2013, 08:29:11 AM »
Where WAS Ponder slated to go in the draft?  I don't pay that much attention to the QB's but he was a reach right?

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
« Reply #2165 on: October 14, 2013, 08:42:15 AM »
I couldn't watch this game, because it wasn't on in my area. Thank God for small favors! I saw A.D. had 10 carries for 62 yards and thought oh he is averaging 6.2 yards per carry. Then they didn't run him again. WTF!!! I am in favor of dumping this entire coaching staff! I'm not sure on trading away the whole team. Josh Robinson is fast. Too bad he can't cover worth a chit!!! The Vikings deserve a coach that will get fired up and call them out when they screw up! It sucks big time when you tune in to see the highlights of the Vikings game and all you see are the Carolina Panthers throwing touchdowns. I wonder if Frazier saw the confidence in Robinson's eyes too?

Koko - The bang the Metrodome is going out with is the team imploding!  barf
min1 stl3

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #2166 on: October 14, 2013, 08:46:13 AM »
#7 being a reach is an understatement...Watch Gruden laugh when the pick is announced...I was like really? Many will tell you what I thought this was an awful pick. I questioned Spielman and have even said I believe he has set Frazier up to fail. The regression will determine Frazier's fate for sure, but changing Head Coaches and QBs is a sure fire way to tell how bad a situation really is. I know the Steelers are sucking this year, but look at the stability in both places...Until a team finds a good marriage between the 2 they will always be up and down. Frazier was never Spielman's guy and don't think for a minute that Spielman wants Leslie calling the shots. look how far Frazier goes to toe the company line. #7 is our starter if healthy. Well Leslie, he was cleared to play. Why is he not starting? Oh yeah, Spielman told you who was playing. Josh Freeman, your on! I wouldn't be surprised if Brian Billick is back in Minnesota next year?

Yeah, no chance. You have to have a coach too. What's up John Gruden? You too busy?

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #2167 on: October 14, 2013, 09:02:19 AM »
It's funny 1hotchev....I used to hate Gruden has he was always a head office guy and not a players coach but now I totally agree he is exactly what is needed in Minnesota. After witnessing the Frazier mess it would be so nice to see a fire ball on the side lines.

I really want to see a few of the HC coaches that get fired being brought in as coordinators. There are always guys that are good DC or OC but not head coaches and that can take a lot of responsibility and pressure off a head coach.

Gruden works for me and whom ever they bring in needs atleast 3 years as the the next 2 will be a mess out doors before moving inside the new stadium.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #2168 on: October 14, 2013, 09:23:58 AM »
Is anyone else tire of hearing Frazier"s "we gotta look at the tape." statement every question? What did you think of Josh Robinson's play? "well we gotta go back and look at the film." Leslie, what did you think of Matt Cassel's play? "Well, we are gonna have to look at the tape and evaluate his overall performance."...How would you say the O-line played? "We are gonna have to look at the tape, but we all have to play better."

Hey Leslie, are the Vikings going to get a new head coach next year? I'll tell you what, if you say they are goona look at the film, tape, body of work, you will be sitting back home hoping for a college team to come a courting...

Leslie Fraizer=Wayne Fontes...Maybe not? Fontes coached the Lions for 9 years and compiled a 66-67 record and was 1-4 in the playoffs...Frazier NEVER gets that much time unless he wins the Superbowl this year...Now that was a hilarious statement right there! SKOL Brother!

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #2169 on: October 14, 2013, 09:39:33 AM »
I was afraid of what might happen when the Vikings signed Josh Freeman. The major concern was what message would this the team? After watching yesterday it seems, at least to me, that the team doesn't believe a word the coaching staff is telling them.

Remember Frazier has claimed that #7 is the Vikings starter if he was healthy. In the words of Maury Povich, "The lie detector determined that was a lie!" The united front has now been shown to be a full blown bag of horse chit. The Vikings now move on to Josh Freeman should he know enough of the playbook. I don't know how he couldn't. The Vikings run like 8 plays the whole game and nearly every play we all know what's coming. If you and I can tell what's coming then the rest of the league knows too. It would be different if the opponents couldn't stop it. Kind of like what the Panthers did yesterday. There is one thing I know about the NFL. You have to keep it simple for the most part. Like anything else, when you are winning it's the easiest thing ever, but when you are losing it's the most difficult thing on the earth...

The players, in my opinion aren't buying in now and that's when things can really turn ugly. Better hope Freeman gets in and gets the deep pass going. The same thing that made the offense work in 09. Winning is the only thing that makes a difference the rest of the season. Winning 9 of 11 is a lofty goal at this point! It could be worse, we could be Jaguar fans...Skol Brother!

Offline Arasmis

• NFC North Champions 4 years running: Green Bay Packers!
  • Battle God
  • Star
  • Is it Football season yet?
« Reply #2170 on: October 14, 2013, 11:50:54 AM »
USA Today -

MINNEAPOLIS — It's increasingly looking like a matter of when, not if, coach Leslie Frazier will be fired by the Minnesota Vikings.

He has one year left on his contract and Sunday's 35-10 smackdown at the hands of the Carolina Panthers was the ugliest at the Metrodome since a 31-3 loss to Green Bay in 2010, a day before Brad Childress was canned.

Most troubling for a defensive-minded head coach such as Frazier is the disconnect between the way the Vikings practice and the coverage breakdowns that keep occurring on Sundays.

"When you lose, things change," Vikings defensive end Jared Allen said. "When you lose, heads roll. That's just the way it is. Players, coaches ... I don't know who's going to make it to the end of the season."

The impact of coaching on NFL success can't be overstated, and Frazier and his staff — whose Vikings teams have been outscored 108-27 in three games out of the bye since 2011 — aren't the only ones trying to figure out how to regain playoff form.

Offline Badd_Man1

• Badd as Badd can be
« Reply #2171 on: October 14, 2013, 01:16:08 PM »
yeah i'm really sick and tired of hearing got to look at the tape,it just sounds like an asst. talking and not a head coach

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #2172 on: October 14, 2013, 02:56:36 PM »
USA Today -

108-27...You have got to be shitting me?...I knew it was 3 straight, but gawd Damn!

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #2173 on: October 14, 2013, 04:21:49 PM »
Yeah...it's definitely not "if" anymore ...it's definitely when.  I don't think it'll be til the end of the year that Frazier gets fired.....Like what was mentioned you really have no one to take over mid season.

Freeman can play some great football but he can't make up for all that is wrong with this team. Personally I hope they get away from the run game a bit and focus on developing the passing game and chemistry between Freeman and the WR's.  We all know what AD can do running the football but this is about what's best for this team and running the football is not.....Freeman will take his lumps but we need to develope that passing game ........ If the team does plan on keeping AD for a few more seasons then please reduce his role the remainder of the  season and focus on Jennings, Rudolph, Patterson and Simpson. on defense it's time to just let Robinson fight through his troubles....it's his second year....put Rhodes in a variety of situations just to get exposure.....sure, expect many mistakes but that's the only way you learn and get better. Let Floyd play both the run and pass and get a lot more reps......it's no longer about winning and losing...it's about development and future success of the team.

Offline CMC18V

• Hates stupid people!!!
  • Star
  • I see what you did there!
« Reply #2174 on: October 14, 2013, 06:31:03 PM »
Where WAS Ponder slated to go in the draft?  I don't pay that much attention to the QB's but he was a reach right?
Via Pete Prisco LMAO

NO. 12: VIKINGS SELECT: CHRISTIAN PONDER, QB, FLORIDA STATE   GRADE
   I love this pick. I think he will be the best in this class. Smart. Tough. Sees the field. Great move, Vikings.   
A
If someone tells you they don't like fighting in hockey every other word out of their mouth might be a lie.

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.