Author Topic: The Viking Lounge  (Read 80892 times)

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
  • 😜I Ain't Got No Worries😜
Re: The Viking Lounge
« Reply #2250 on: October 27, 2013, 05:38:29 PM »
< ber
virginia1 atl3 duke1 min1

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #2251 on: October 28, 2013, 12:10:43 PM »
So like the good Republican I'm not... I have flip flopped. I am going on record... We need to trade AD.  A franchise QB is so important these days and as much as I love AD... He deserves better.. And we need a QB. The 2 #1s we could get for him gives usthe ammo to get whatever guy we want. The reality is our roster needs a major aadjustment. The only players that are worthy of sticking around... our rookies this year...Rudolph.... Kahlil.... Harrison Smith... Everyone else can go.... Coaches especially. Sometimes you just need to tear it all down...
"I, too, once dabbled in Pacifism."

"In Heaven, there is no beer,  that's why we drink it here"
iowa1 chc3 chi4 min1 alabama1 We love you RJ!

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
« Reply #2252 on: October 28, 2013, 12:38:13 PM »
ok 1hotchev.....that has got to be on of the hottest avitars in a while......maybe she can play QB for the Vikings
She has got a better arm than #7! The rest of her is much, much better.
min1 stl3

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
« Reply #2253 on: October 29, 2013, 02:51:35 PM »
Here is hoping the Vikings and Broncos are able to get the Allen trade done...it's almost 4 pm. Really not sure why we are not trading one of our QB's .....this makes no sense.

Offline CMC18V

• Hates stupid people!!!
  • Star
  • I see what you did there!
« Reply #2254 on: October 29, 2013, 10:55:56 PM »
Here is hoping the Vikings and Broncos are able to get the Allen trade done...it's almost 4 pm. Really not sure why we are not trading one of our QB's .....this makes no sense.
The best offer they got was a bag of stale peanuts for all three QB's.
If someone tells you they don't like fighting in hockey every other word out of their mouth might be a lie.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #2255 on: October 30, 2013, 07:04:04 AM »
The best offer they got was a bag of stale peanuts for all three QB's.

I heard they were holding out for a bag each.......That's too bad, a bag for all of them would have been lots. It would have been nice if the deadline was Friday....surely, that gross hard halloween candy most kids just throw out would have closed the deal.

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #2256 on: November 02, 2013, 09:35:11 PM »
too bad about the trade deadline coming and going. so on the bright side, lets hope Allen has a great second 1/2 and knocks some QBs around. go Vikes
PAGE NAMED NFLS MVP — In 1971 Alan Page became the first defensive player to be named the Most Valuable Player of the National Football League by the Associated Press. Page headed a Vikings defense that held opponents to fewer than 10 points a game.

Offline DLPackers

• 2011 NFL Champs - Packers!!!
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Packers number one!!!
« Reply #2257 on: November 02, 2013, 10:04:22 PM »
More Ponder this weekend? I don't get it...
So I am a Packers fan in North Carolina, that just means I'm smarter than the rest of 'em!!!

Offline CMC18V

• Hates stupid people!!!
  • Star
  • I see what you did there!
« Reply #2258 on: November 02, 2013, 10:16:44 PM »
ponder as we may, none of us will ever get it.
If someone tells you they don't like fighting in hockey every other word out of their mouth might be a lie.

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #2259 on: November 02, 2013, 11:00:08 PM »
they all look bad.
after seeing the backups Ponder don't look so bad. please bring us a franchise QB next year and ponder can be the backup.
PAGE NAMED NFLS MVP — In 1971 Alan Page became the first defensive player to be named the Most Valuable Player of the National Football League by the Associated Press. Page headed a Vikings defense that held opponents to fewer than 10 points a game.

Offline Arasmis

• NFC North Champions 4 years running: Green Bay Packers!
  • Battle God
  • Star
  • Is it Football season yet?
« Reply #2260 on: November 03, 2013, 07:45:09 AM »
Just saw on Sportscenter where Jerruh says he needs to spend more time on the Dallas sideline to help supervise Garrett.   

What a circus.  Go Vikes! 

Offline kokomodan

• Star
  • Where the white women at?
« Reply #2261 on: November 04, 2013, 07:42:01 PM »
Thoughts from vacation...The Vikings still suck dirty donkey balls. #7 is still the worst option at QB. Can I wait any longer to throw the ball? Oh, and that Fail Mary pass! He can't throw the ball 40 yards in the air for Christ's sake!...Frazier said he gets the start on Thursday, great...On a brighter note the Grouper were biting and I caught a nice one that fed the entire group of vacationers...I still enjoy watching Jared Allen. The guy just doesn't stop...Rudolph has a broken ankle there goes another FFB player. At least he wasn't my starter...Frazier is the absolute worst coach in the entire NFL, at this point. A failed 4th down try in the 1st quarter cost the Vikings. Walsh Misses an extra point and then he's not allowed to try a 53 yard FG? Really? Let's not give the Cowboys a short field. Perhaps the defense will keep the Cowboys out of the end zone if they have to go 80+ yards. Wait that's the Vikings defense back there!...I hate to say what I really feel about the entire management system in Vikingland...1-7 with no relief in sight. SMFH and we thought we had turned the corner last year...Boy were we hoodwinked?...SKOL Brother!
min1          stl3          indiana1

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #2262 on: November 04, 2013, 08:02:55 PM »
Frazier said he gets the start on Thursday, great.

My buddy invited me to the game Thursday,  i'm going because my buddy is good chit and I haven't been to a game since Favre's Monday night start against the Packers in 2009.  THE best game i have ever been to.  But I was hoping to see that Freeman would start. 

And I love the crowd atmosphere.  I have never been a "Boo" man cause usually they boo cause the Vikes didn't sack the quarterback every drop back of the game.  But if I see the same crap I saw this whole season on TV.  I might join in.
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #2263 on: November 05, 2013, 09:40:23 AM »
Simmion said- "My buddy invited me to the game Thursday,  i'm going because my buddy is good chit and I haven't been to a game since Favre's Monday night start against the Packers in 2009.  THE best game i have ever been to.  But I was hoping to see that Freeman would start."

Hey Simmion, I was at that game! I paid $900 to sit on the front row with my wife. End zone seats. Clay Mathews stole the ball from AP and threw it up in the 2nd level right in front of me. I flipped his ass off on that play. He had to see me I was in his face!...

Anyway I echo your thoughts here. WHY play Ponder anymore? The Vikings are paying Freeman to see what they may have in him and we already know what they have in Ponder. No pocket awareness coupled with accuracy issues and an arm a that doesn't make a Pop Warner QB envious...It's comical most times, and I find myself shaking my head most of the game.

Anyway, try to enjoy the game. The Boo Birds are sure to be out, but the Redskins secondary is nearly as inept as the Vikings, nearly!...What I find hilarious is that there are still people that believe the Vikings should have tried to play BMT. It amazes me that a guy playing vs. 3rd string competition that couldn't even start for Sacramento St. would even be kept on the roster with Joe Webb making the squad. The Vikings could have had another DB on the roster instead of a ,never was, potential QB. His family has got to have something to do with the NFL for the guy to be on ANY NFL roster. His only attribute was a big arm, and that wasn't accurate...

Now begs the question, will the Vikings try to win games as this gawd awful one drones on? At 1-7 we are poised to lose the string. This team can win games by riding AP. Give him 30 carries and they stand a chance to win some. Have Eenie, Meenie, or Mynee  (the Moe brothers)
 throw it 40+ times and the Vikings will be among the dregs fighting for the #1 overall selection in April or May, whenever they choose to draft this next year. Either way the comedy of errors is sure to continue with this coaching staff that has officially lost the locker room. Listen to the comments made by several players after the loss in Dallas...

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #2264 on: November 07, 2013, 06:12:58 PM »
It's getting on toward game time. Here are some of my thoughts on tonight's game...

We are catching RGIII at the wrong time. He's getting closer to 100% and this secondary is just the recipe for a disaster in the dome. Conversely, I feel AP could be really successful tonight and perhaps keep the Vikings in the game until late where the defense will again be backed down the field like Charlie Johnson gets walked back into the Viking QB, whoever that may be at any given point in this silly assed season...The Vikings are on record as saying the QB job is #7's to lose. Leslie Frazier is safe until the end of the year, and there are less than 2 months of shopping days until Christmas...

That said, Redskins win with a late TD to send many of the Viking faithful into euphoria and hope for the 1st overall pick in the 2014 draft. Taking a page out of the Colts playbook and getting the kid out of Louisville...Somehow the coaching staff gets a win late in the year, in the oddest way imaginable, only to pull the rug out from under the fan base. Proving once again that the Vikings are a cursed franchise...Leslie Frazier will then be mentioned with the likes of Gary Andersen, Brett Favre, and the failed 4 Super bowl attempts...

I know way too negative! hard not to be as this year has progressed...SKOL Brother!

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #2265 on: November 07, 2013, 06:13:35 PM »
Play the over 49.5!

Offline Badd_Man1

• Badd as Badd can be
« Reply #2266 on: November 07, 2013, 11:53:35 PM »
wow they won...even with the very strange coaching

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #2267 on: November 08, 2013, 07:00:51 AM »
I really hope this isn't another 2011.......beat Washington in a meaningless game and lose out in the draft like we did then.

At this point in time IMO Ponder is done and the coaching staff is done....I don't care how well he plays in these meaningless games and they are meaningless. I don't care that the coaches put in a hurry up offense now, where was it at the beginning of the season when it really mattered.

Sports are all about performing under pressure, winning when it do or die......The Vikings went 1-6 when the games still mattered, there was no risk taking or hurry up offense when the games mattered. There was many blow outs and poor play. There was our worst game coming off a bye and our only win of the season. These are the games that mattered and these are the games players and coaches are evaluated on. Not in games where you have nothing in the season to play for and no one expects anything from you.

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
  • 😜I Ain't Got No Worries😜
« Reply #2268 on: November 08, 2013, 08:16:02 AM »
ive never been more dissapointed in a win..I have this sickening feeling that ponder gets 1 more year...
virginia1 atl3 duke1 min1

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
« Reply #2269 on: November 08, 2013, 08:22:42 AM »
Great! I called for the Vikings to lose the lead late in the game and lose. Then the unimaginable happens. Garcon drops a pass that would have tied the game. Reed drops a pass that would have tied the game. Finally, Santana Moss catches a pass that would have tied the game, but he can't get 2 feet in bounds. Result is a Vikings victory! Don't get me wrong I am happy that the Vikings won the game and I am even happy that #7 looked like he might belong on an NFL  roster, but I just keep feeling like this is a repeat of the 3-13 season of 2 years ago and this win just shot our draft pick in the arse! Time to try out Freeman now that #7 is hurt. We already know what Cassel has to offer, let's kick the tires on the new guy. wiggle
min1 stl3

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #2270 on: November 08, 2013, 09:08:57 AM »
The fact still remains that the Redskin's defense is as pitiful as the Vikings is...#7 throws 15, 4 yard passes and it makes him look like a hero statistically. His longest pass to Carlson was horribly under thrown and Carlson got hammered. Had it been delivered on time and in rhythm he'd still be running...Cassel came in and looked as good or better, so don't get me started on #7...I'm ready to see Freeman again...I wonder had the Vikings lost last night if Frazier would have been fired for the time outs late in the game giving the Skins a chance to set their offense?...Fire Spielman, now!...Jennings was beside himself when those were taken...What the Skins didn't know was that had they thrown to the TE they would have beaten the Vikings...I still don't see how that pass to Reed wasn't PI? Holding at the very least...Oh well, like I said, somehow the Vikings will screw up and somehow win a game...I love the Vikings, but again, as a failure, they are a failure...I used to say all the time, "if they sent me to screw up. I'd screw up on the way." Evidently the Vikings feel the same way...

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #2271 on: November 08, 2013, 10:34:14 AM »
Just heard the Vikings only dressed 42 guys last night...A couple of things I was thinking about...

Musgrave has been much maligned this season as being a dip chit OC. Well he isn't the only one on the sidelines. That Shanahan kid screwed the pooch last night. I was wondering. Why did they stop running Alfred Morris? He was absolutely shredding the Vikings. After halftime they seemed to just quit giving him the ball. When they did, he still ripped the middle of the field, but RGIII just kept chucking it up. Soon the Vikings were back in the game. Then way ahead. I wonder sometimes about momentum in games. The Skins in the 1st half hadn't been stopped, really. They scored every time they touched the ball in the 1st half. Again 10 play drives were all the norm. This Viking defense gives up 1st downs on 3rd down WAY TOO MUCH...It's almost comical. The Redskins faced a 3rd and 19 and completed a screen pass that gained em' a 1st down. What a joke?

The pass rush finally got home in the 2nd half. Seeing the big cat get 3 sacks was refreshing. I've always liked Kevin Williams and was upset he wasn't the star of the game last night. The Vikings will miss that guy when he's gone next year. I hope he catches on with a contender, maybe the Patriots as a depth move? Once the Vikings got RGIII to stay in the pocket some they had success...That was good to see...

Carlson had his coming out party. No he's not gay!...It only took a couple of years. I believe he had more catches last night than all of his previous games as a Vikings. If not it's close?...Nice pick up Spielman!

The Redskins defense is as bad as the Vikings at this point. What's amazing is that they are STILL in the race to win that division. I really believe the Cowboys win that though. I also believe they win a playoff game this year should they do that. Their defensive line has been injured almost as much as the Vikings...Should they get their pass rush in line their secondary will get better FAST!...I hate the Cowboys and it pains me to say that...

#7 better not be available for the Seattle game. I look for Harvin to make his debut next week and possibly with a vengeance. I picked him up off waiver wire for my FFB team. Maybe Samantha is a Viking fan also and will put #7 in an arm bar hold and slip that thing back out of socket. I loath watching him play the QB position, BLEH!...Skol Brother!

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #2272 on: November 08, 2013, 11:21:33 AM »
That was a fun game to go to.  And I am happy we won, not for the point of me still wanting a good pick.  But if I were to attend a game (1 a year).  I do still generally want them to win.  Now this team can still very well finish 2-14.  And at the rate of the Jags and Bucs,  there might be two win less teams where we got the 3rd pick with with 1 win anyways.  And as far as "this just means the team will ride Ponder out."  Good, because he is inconsistent and will prove he isn't the guy and we more than likely will lose, (Redskins defense is as bad as ours). 

To top it off.  I hit up the tents before the game and got to meet Carl Eller and get his autograph.  Which was well worth the trip.  The excitement of the game was a lot of fun too.  And I did muster up a boo during one of their god awful 3rd down conversion allowed in the middle of the field.
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #2273 on: November 08, 2013, 11:30:53 AM »
Good pick up Koko......I guess Harvin was all smiles when asked if the Viking games would be his first game. He's going to tear us a new one....there isn't one defender on our team that can cover him.

I hope number 7 is healthy enough for next week......they will rip him apart in Seattle and hopefully finally put to rest he is not the answer for us.

Can't wait

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #2274 on: November 08, 2013, 01:12:53 PM »
Yeah, but I for 1 don't need to see him play another snap...The only reason he's still on the team is that nobody would give anything for him prior to the trade deadline...Harvin may well rip the Vikings a new one...Glad you had a good time Simmion. I hate when the Vikings lose, but being a rational human being tells me that if you have the overall #1 pick chances are good you get a better than average starter...The only real bust in a decade is Russell and Al Davis was a veg by then anyway...

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.