Author Topic: Offense  (Read 2315 times)

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
  • 😜I Ain't Got No Worries😜
Re: Offense
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2013, 06:29:35 PM »
I was pissed too when they traded Harvin.....He was a player IMO you build an offense around. Patterson is a player I hope they use a lot more in the coming years.

It's not whether you like AD or not.....the guy is the ultimate football player, great attitude and what being competitive and team player is all about. The thing is unless we get a lead and keep games close AD's value drops dramatically....you never hear how a defense takes away another teams passing game do you ??? The league has made it way too easy for the QB and WR's and that is just the way it is and seems will be for a while now. IMO we need to develope an offense that can adjust and compete no matter what the situation.

The other is what's wrong with Gerhart as a RB and adding in another slash type player to compliment ? If the name of the game clock management then Gerhart gives you a great option at RB at a fraction of the cost.

AD is again...28 years old and I'm just not sure where we are going to find an above average QB, have him learn the offense and get chemistry with our WR's in the next 2 years ??? If you do find one they are going to want to be the focal point of the offense...not the RB.

Respect opinions but not really sure how AD benefits this team moving forward ..... Not sure you'll find many coaches that'll want to go in the same direction we have been going.

Hutch i dont even know where to start. but ill try.lol ill start off by saying i agree the leauge has made it easy for QBs and WRs. but i dont understand why you are saying we need to develope a offense when all we need is a QB which weve never had!! besides in brett favre which if i remember he got us to the nfc championship game!
and for whats wrong with gehart...nothing...other then hes not a 1/4 of ap lol and i dont get it if your saying clock managment is the name of the game how is gehart gonna be any differnt and our offense gonna be any different..your saying basically we need to evolve into a passing team but your clock management is the name of the game ...idk if you get what im saying idk how to say it..
and idk how we wouldnt find a QB sitting at the top 3 picks in the draft..and when we do i dont see a problem with the Qb not being the focal point i mean reslly i dont see why he cant be the focal point anyway with ap! idk
and you said you dont know how ap benifits this team..im lost for words i could write a book to tell you how he benifits this team
and mst3m1  keyword you said most RBs diminish around 1500 carries lol i speak for everyone ap is no where close to most rbs hes simply one of the greatest of all time...a freak!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 06:33:34 PM by MaryJane »
virginia1 atl3 duke1 min1

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2013, 06:38:13 PM »
sorry about my literature skills i lack almost as bad as ponder is at QB ima work to clean it up after this post

Offline SithEvolution

• Star
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2013, 06:41:32 PM »

sorry about my literature skills i lack almost as bad as ponder is at QB ima work to clean it up after this post
The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is

Offline mst3m1

• Adapt to talent
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2013, 06:41:57 PM »
MaryJane, I will agree AD is not human.  But take away his first carry of the season and he's averaging well under 4 yards per carry this year.  I think of Ladanian Tomlinson.  He was a monster for a long time then when he hit the wall, it happened fast.   
"Apes don't read philosophy." "Yes they do, Otto. They just don't understand it."

Offline SithEvolution

• Star
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2013, 06:43:34 PM »
MaryJane, I will agree AD is not human.  But take away his first carry of the season and he's averaging well under 4 yards per carry this year.  I think of Ladanian Tomlinson.  He was a monster for a long time then when he hit the wall, it happened fast.   
I'd trade you! Someone breathes funnny on my RB and he's out of three weeks
The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2013, 06:49:02 PM »
So your saying AP is diminishing as we speak? Or your saying we need a QB?

Offline mst3m1

• Adapt to talent
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2013, 06:57:21 PM »
Not necessarily but I think his ceiling is lowering, but slowly at this point.  Yes, we desperately need a QB. 
"Apes don't read philosophy." "Yes they do, Otto. They just don't understand it."

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2013, 07:06:05 PM »
Ummmmmm,

Cowboys = 5
Vikings     = 0

The team has played in four Super Bowls, and every time.......................

U Lost The Game!
lol i knew you were gonna go there! OK but the beauty of the situation is thats the past!!! Lets look at this season. Your more then likely gonna beat us, which in all reality is doing nothing but helping us lmao! Now in your case it does nothing because your overpaid toddlers arnt going to the superbowl this year,so all it does is drop you farther back in the draft! lol...which doesnt even matter because yall cant draft for chit!! anyway!!! You cant buy the superbowl!!!!!!!!!! Same for the yankees!! lmao!!!

Know Your Role!!!!!!!!!

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2013, 07:16:13 PM »
Thats right!!! leave!! go do some more research and come back later! lol.SMH

Offline SithEvolution

• Star
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2013, 07:17:41 PM »
Know Your Role!!!!!!!!!

I must be missing something or is this the new "in" catch phrase for the youngins?

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2013, 07:18:32 PM »
you tell me....

Offline SithEvolution

• Star
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2013, 07:28:23 PM »
you tell me....
So that must be my role....to tell you what you should believe.

Ok. I'll give it a try...............

Instant noodles, weed and milwaukee's best are not 3 major food groups.
 That crusty feeling on the small of your back when you woke up was not from you
 and the Vikings will..........................

Lose The Game! 

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2013, 07:33:38 PM »
Personal attacks!...lmao! im not about to even go there because i dont know you but i know enough to keep it to myself because theres no point in it! Now where i live we would just punch you in your mouth! but anyway...the yankees just sighned Derek Jeter to a 1 year 12 million dollar deal!!! lmao how do you feel about that..Tisk Tisk!

Offline mst3m1

• Adapt to talent
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2013, 07:34:24 PM »
How's that Dallas salary cap looking in the very near future?  Enjoy this very long era of complete averageness as it'll turn crap very soon.     

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2013, 07:34:36 PM »
I actually feel sorry for you...

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2013, 07:35:45 PM »
How's that Dallas salary cap looking in the very near future?  Enjoy this very long era of complete averageness as it'll turn crap very soon.     
lol yelp..

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2013, 07:44:55 PM »
The Cowboys and Yankees spent all that money yet   still!.......................................................

Didnt make the playoffs!

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2013, 07:50:01 PM »
Hutch i dont even know where to start. but ill try.lol ill start off by saying i agree the leauge has made it easy for QBs and WRs. but i dont understand why you are saying we need to develope a offense when all we need is a QB which weve never had!! besides in brett favre which if i remember he got us to the nfc championship game!
and for whats wrong with gehart...nothing...other then hes not a 1/4 of ap lol and i dont get it if your saying clock managment is the name of the game how is gehart gonna be any differnt and our offense gonna be any different..your saying basically we need to evolve into a passing team but your clock management is the name of the game ...idk if you get what im saying idk how to say it..
and idk how we wouldnt find a QB sitting at the top 3 picks in the draft..and when we do i dont see a problem with the Qb not being the focal point i mean reslly i dont see why he cant be the focal point anyway with ap! idk
and you said you dont know how ap benifits this team..im lost for words i could write a book to tell you how he benifits this team
and mst3m1  keyword you said most RBs diminish around 1500 carries lol i speak for everyone ap is no where close to most rbs hes simply one of the greatest of all time...a freak!

Don't want to argue Mary Jane...obviously AD is huge for you and many. Regarding clock management Gerhart would be great at it as he is your move the chains type player and that is clock management. He's no AD running the football and isn't going break off 80 yard runs but he's twice the blocker and pass catcher AD is......and cost a fraction of what AD makes. Any QB you draft is not going to light it up where they can take us deep into the play off any time soon...they, like any QB will need a number of years to get to a certain level. The biggest thing for me is if AD is on the team the team will make him the focal point of the offense and you can't develope a QB with the RB being the focal point...the top QB's need running games but the offenses are designed around the QB not the RB.

AD is a treat and pleasure to watch waiting for him to make a huge run but I'd rather have wins and no matter how good AD is I just don't see him benefiting us in that area in the next few years...if you can come up with a way to do that and stay within the cap while getting the other areas to a competitive level I'd love to hear it. I do agree it all starts with solid coaches.....enough is enough with that...pay for some decent ones and see where we go.

Offline SithEvolution

• Star
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2013, 08:04:42 PM »
Personal attacks!...lmao! im not about to even go there because i dont know you but i know enough to keep it to myself because theres no point in it! Now where i live we would just punch you in your mouth! but anyway...the yankees just sighned Derek Jeter to a 1 year 12 million dollar deal!!! lmao how do you feel about that..Tisk Tisk!
LOL...I'm only fooling with you but coming from someone from the inbred state, I understand you don't get it. And they certainly were not personal attacks kid. If you think they are, you've got some real thin skin.
 And the punch in the mouth thing I just ignored........It's not like Virginia is really known as the tough guy state..LOL!

Jeter........eh? He was gettting enough with the option. There was no need to give him another 2.5 million.   

Offline SithEvolution

• Star
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2013, 08:08:01 PM »
Like chit but Jerry has been f'en that up since the mid 90's so it's no suprise. He always borrows from the future, back loads contracts and over pays but who doesn't?
 And they have been nothing but average since the 90's, and sometime below that. It's hard being a Cowboys fan! Expectations usually do not meet reality.

Offline mst3m1

• Adapt to talent
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2013, 08:10:54 PM »
It's worse now though.  The thing I would be most annoyed with is the building of teams with talent being led by pathetic coaching staffs. 

Offline SithEvolution

• Star
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2013, 08:15:18 PM »
It's worse now though.  The thing I would be most annoyed with is the building of teams with talent being led by pathetic coaching staffs. 
Jerry only hires yes guys. He was so butt hurt that Jimmy Johnson got all the credit and he got none for the SB championships that  this is all you are going to get.
 Parcells.....I bet he was the only one since Jimmy that he'd reconsider a position or decision.
 Hell....we let Sean Payton go.....which was assinine but hey....that's my owner.

Offline SithEvolution

• Star
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2013, 08:19:16 PM »
 In regards to the game. Should the Cowboys arsehump the Vikings........Yeah!

Have I seen them totally play flat to teams they should pounce on..........hell yeah! Philly this year is just the most recent.
 And you always have a last minute melt down as you saw last week........Dallas has all the chit in the bag! They can pull it out at anytime.
 No team playing Dallas is out of it until there is no time left on the clock. It's happened way too many times

Offline SithEvolution

• Star
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2013, 08:22:49 PM »
Oh....and the Vikings problems are obviously QB, limited receiver talent and O-line. But your biggest issue is your coach. He sucks, but unfortunately he's a minority and you almost need an act of Congress to fire a minority coach

Offline mst3m1

• Adapt to talent
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2013, 08:29:33 PM »
I have no clue how our o-line went to schit to quick.  Their pass blocking sucked last year but they could run block.  The coordinators on this team seem under qualified in a noticeable way.  Why not play man to man with the pass rush we have?  The zone is obviously a failure with these players.  neither OC nor DC seem to have the ability to change their strategies to fit the personnel.   And Frazier lets it happen.     

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.