Author Topic: Offense  (Read 2583 times)

Offline SithEvolution

• Star
Re: Offense
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2013, 08:49:53 PM »
 Frazier is terrible, at least in my opinion. I've never been impressed with him. Your OC and DC are virutal no names. I've heard of the OC but I don't think he has any proven track record for another organization.
 As pointed out earlier.......you've allowed talented receivers go and that certainly doesn't help your offense. Freeman is not the answer nor is Ponder or (I think you have) Cassell.
The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is

Offline mst3m1

• Adapt to talent
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2013, 08:53:44 PM »
Bill Musgrave, the OC, was the OC at Atlanta before coming here.  He was pretty vanilla there but it was before Julio. 
"Apes don't read philosophy." "Yes they do, Otto. They just don't understand it."

Offline SithEvolution

• Star
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2013, 08:56:47 PM »
 Yeah....that's where I heard the name from. You're right, he didn't do anything there either.
The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is

Offline CMC18V

• Hates stupid people!!!
  • Star
  • I see what you did there!
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2013, 11:42:06 PM »
The Vikings suck right now with or without AD. His cap hit is fine so keep him, period.

The Cowboys have as many issues as the Jets and the Vikings. The Vikings are better off than either of them since they aren't committed to under achieving piece of chit QB's. Plus us Vikings fans aren't dickwads looking at other teams boards.
If someone tells you they don't like fighting in hockey every other word out of their mouth might be a lie.

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
  • 😜I Ain't Got No Worries😜
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2013, 06:24:52 AM »
LOL...I'm only fooling with you but coming from someone from the inbred state, I understand you don't get it. And they certainly were not personal attacks kid. If you think they are, you've got some real thin skin.
 And the punch in the mouth thing I just ignored........It's not like Virginia is really known as the tough guy state..LOL!

Jeter........eh? He was gettting enough with the option. There was no need to give him another 2.5 million.   

Richmond, VA was the murder capital of the world for a while you fool..and i knew you were just playing, but still the funny thing is, the truth hurts and you still had to resort to personal attacks when you know absolutly nothing about me which is funny as chit!!!..and i have no brain lol...and dont come over here preaching whats wrong with are team when you dont have a clue...just like i dont have a clue whats wrong with your team other then jerry jones...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 06:47:51 AM by MaryJane »
virginia1 atl3 duke1 min1

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2013, 06:29:43 AM »
Don't want to argue Mary Jane...obviously AD is huge for you and many. Regarding clock management Gerhart would be great at it as he is your move the chains type player and that is clock management. He's no AD running the football and isn't going break off 80 yard runs but he's twice the blocker and pass catcher AD is......and cost a fraction of what AD makes. Any QB you draft is not going to light it up where they can take us deep into the play off any time soon...they, like any QB will need a number of years to get to a certain level. The biggest thing for me is if AD is on the team the team will make him the focal point of the offense and you can't develope a QB with the RB being the focal point...the top QB's need running games but the offenses are designed around the QB not the RB.

AD is a treat and pleasure to watch waiting for him to make a huge run but I'd rather have wins and no matter how good AD is I just don't see him benefiting us in that area in the next few years...if you can come up with a way to do that and stay within the cap while getting the other areas to a competitive level I'd love to hear it. I do agree it all starts with solid coaches.....enough is enough with that...pay for some decent ones and see where we go.

Hutch i aint arguing with you..more of trying to convence you that we can keep AP
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 06:32:02 AM by MaryJane »

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2013, 10:29:41 AM »
If we do keep AD I'll be ok with it.....I'm a Gerhart fan so that's part of it...I want to see what he can do. The biggest for me is we ditch the entire coaching staff......If we go into next season with the same staff I will lose it.

Offline mst3m1

• Adapt to talent
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2013, 12:20:20 PM »
Open the checkbook and try to get Jon Gruden.  He wants to coach again, he'll have a new high draft pick QB to mold and open slate to build his own team.  We have young talent (that the current staff is clueless as to how to utilize).  Not to mention a new stadium and a fan base desperate for a big name to rally around.  It's too perfect of an opportunity.     
"Apes don't read philosophy." "Yes they do, Otto. They just don't understand it."

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2013, 04:57:35 PM »
I get a kick out of Spielman saying Frazier is 100 percent safe lol.......I guess the reporters have to ask but what did they expect him to say.....unless this team goes on a tear and wins 6-7 games then Frazier better be toast...if not the Spielman can go with him. I'm ok with Spielman but if he truely backs our coaching staff like he says then he is one of the stupidest idiots on the planet.....have to be related to Prisco.

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2013, 08:53:06 PM »
Ummmmmm,

Cowboys = 5
Vikings     = 0

The team has played in four Super Bowls, and every time.......................

U Lost The Game!
      there's no doubt Dallas has been impressive these last few years  time to deploy to another site son. I don't care about the cowboys if you are big on Dallas good for you. we are big on the Vikes kinda like a family member, we bitch and moan about Uncle Roy but throw him under the bus and your not a family member and we become unhappy, very unhappy, the Vikes during there 4 losses owned the NFC, bad times in the big game but anybody who's team is nfc can back off.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 09:13:45 PM by 1hotchev »
PAGE NAMED NFLS MVP — In 1971 Alan Page became the first defensive player to be named the Most Valuable Player of the National Football League by the Associated Press. Page headed a Vikings defense that held opponents to fewer than 10 points a game.

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2013, 09:21:06 PM »
Open the checkbook and try to get Jon Gruden.  He wants to coach again, he'll have a new high draft pick QB to mold and open slate to build his own team.  We have young talent (that the current staff is clueless as to how to utilize).  Not to mention a new stadium and a fan base desperate for a big name to rally around.  It's too perfect of an opportunity.     
  I'm with you, we need to become tough again.
PAGE NAMED NFLS MVP — In 1971 Alan Page became the first defensive player to be named the Most Valuable Player of the National Football League by the Associated Press. Page headed a Vikings defense that held opponents to fewer than 10 points a game.

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2013, 09:51:04 AM »
I get a kick out of Spielman saying Frazier is 100 percent safe lol.......I guess the reporters have to ask but what did they expect him to say.....unless this team goes on a tear and wins 6-7 games then Frazier better be toast...if not the Spielman can go with him. I'm ok with Spielman but if he truely backs our coaching staff like he says then he is one of the stupidest idiots on the planet.....have to be related to Prisco.
wow well somebodys!!!!! Gotta BE in THE hot SEaT!!!!!!!.... lololol...if not whata joke

frazier can keep on saying these are the players that we have!!! and keep throwing them under the bus but in in all reality you POS you cant deny the truth!!!!!!  you peanut headed some bich!! you were responsible for getting some of those players you have!!!! so you can sit there and throw all the blame out to try to keep your job!!! butit aint gonnnna work bich!!!! you are done!!!!!!!!! lol what a dick!! who wants to play for a guy like that?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 10:09:37 AM by MaryJane »

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2013, 09:56:51 AM »
      there's no doubt Dallas has been impressive these last few years  time to deploy to another site son. I don't care about the cowboys if you are big on Dallas good for you. we are big on the Vikes kinda like a family member, we bitch and moan about Uncle Roy but throw him under the bus and your not a family member and we become unhappy, very unhappy, the Vikes during there 4 losses owned the NFC, bad times in the big game but anybody who's team is nfc can back off.
exactly!

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2013, 10:24:50 AM »
"Leslie Frazier is not going anywhere," Spielman said, via the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "I am telling you that we are very committed to Leslie Frazier and this coaching staff. We back Coach Frazier 100 percent and we'll do everything we can to help him get this thing turned around."

if he honestly believes in this coaching staff... he needs to get fired!!! i dont get how a man of his knowledge of the game can not see how bad these coaches are!!!and how millions of fans do!!!

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2013, 11:29:13 AM »
Spielman hopefully is just saying what needs to be said in the middle of the season........I think the big thing coming out of interviews with him is...we need wins....we are evaluated on wins....Personally I think that's why #7 is starting and not Freeman today. I think Freeman is weeks away from going in IMO...he needs that time to give him the best chance to show what he can or can't do. We have 9 games left.....we don't win 5-6 of those and bye bye Frazier.

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2013, 12:24:35 PM »
look at our new offense hutch...lmao!

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2013, 11:10:41 AM »
Why the hell do we even have Josh Freeman on this team?
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline mst3m1

• Adapt to talent
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2013, 11:38:55 AM »
Not a clue Simmion.  It appears they have no interest in playing him.  But at this point the more Ponder plays the better draft pick we'll get so there is one positive in watching his QB play. 

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2013, 01:56:50 PM »
I can agree with that.  I am getting sick of this crap that is spewed from the HC GM's mouth.  Like how Fraizer said they can analyze a lot from practice.  NO YOU CAN'T!  Not enough to determine whether or not the signing was a bust.  Throwing him in after a week and judging him based on one game.  I mean, this is banking some significant moves on this determination.  We wanted to see if Freeman could possible cover our QB spot so we can possibly take a defensive player with our first pick or not.  Ponder can't be still considered our future with how the coaches and GM have handled the QB spot.  Or maybe after they signed him, they saw the good crop of QBs in the draft and said, "Huh, you know let's just screw it and take a QB next year."

"Ponder gives us the best chance to win"  Then why pick up Freeman the second he was available and do what you've done so far and why not name Ponder the starter at first notice and play that lame ass game of naming on Friday.  I am really fed up with this team this year.  I hope Zygi is too (to the point of significant changes). Doesn't have to be this moment, could even be during the time Fraizer is asking for an extention in the off season.   
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline mst3m1

• Adapt to talent
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2013, 02:33:06 PM »
Did you hear Tomlin's press conference?  He was not amused and ripped some ass.  Novel concept. 

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2013, 03:20:45 PM »
Instead of, "Just looked at the tape, saw some things we could have done better, some things we can work on."

I like Leslie's calm attitude as far as being cool and collected, but doesn't hurt to blow up every once and a while after the game to let people know you are pissed your team sucks at 1-7. 

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2013, 04:13:40 PM »
Thank goodness Dallas woke up and won that game yesterday........Want to get guys some experience but no way in hell do I want to see another win ........ never thought I would ever think this way but changes need to happen and losing games pretty much guarantees they will. An extra win or two will just cloud the issue of extending Frazier and moving further with number 7. I can personally see Freeman starting in a few weeks, IMO no sense in evaluating him before he can practice and gain some chemistry with WR's and understand/learn a fair amount of the offense. Even if he plays the final 3-4 games that should be able to tell us a lot. Every week now announcers are pointing out how open some of our WR's are and Ponder either just just see them or takes of running .... he's so pathetic of a QB it makes my blood boil when our idiot coach says he did some really nice things today.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2013, 04:26:24 PM »
I was thinking of this during the game too, FA WRs will be so discouraged when they see that on film if Ponder is our guy. They just won't want to come here. Jennings has shown so much frustration when that happens.  We need a guy that can actually pass, that's why I wanted to see another shot of Freeman to see if he can do that, cause he did step 1 by buying time in the pocket.  Now I just want to see if he can fine tune those passes.  Manziel and that Oregon guy run, you are asking to get hurt at this level doing that.  And we need stability.

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2013, 05:56:07 PM »
anyone know what happens if we tie jax. and tb with 1 win? i forget is it division wins that is the tie breaker or strength of schedule? i forget..

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2013, 06:02:54 PM »
I am not sure MJ, but for some reason I remember this situation a few years back and they actually did just a coin flip.  Someone want to correct me.  Then they alternate the picks per round.  Like Vikes get first overall, then get the second pick in the second draft while Jax gets the first. 

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.