Author Topic: Offense  (Read 1978 times)

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
Re: Offense
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2013, 08:11:46 PM »
Yeah...it's been awhile ...... I think it would be strength of schedule. Not sure if head to head matters but even if it did we don't play either the Jags or Bucs. Couldn't believe Bucs up 21-0 and lose in OT to the Seahawks.

Out of all the crap we have witnessed from our coaches and QB that last throw by #7 that was way short just really made me laugh in disgust........He can't even throw a hail mary for f%^%k sakes....just a sad day to be a Viking fan.   I can't wait til Thursday night to see what new screw ups will happen.

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2013, 02:29:32 AM »
I think it's strength of schedule. somebody is probably going to roll off a couple wins in a row late, hope it aint us. also I agree with Simmion if there is any chance Freeman could turn his career around and he proves it now;  we could look at another position with our high draft pick.
PAGE NAMED NFLS MVP — In 1971 Alan Page became the first defensive player to be named the Most Valuable Player of the National Football League by the Associated Press. Page headed a Vikings defense that held opponents to fewer than 10 points a game.

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
  • 😜I Ain't Got No Worries😜
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2013, 01:46:49 PM »
Yeah...it's been awhile ...... I think it would be strength of schedule. Not sure if head to head matters but even if it did we don't play either the Jags or Bucs. Couldn't believe Bucs up 21-0 and lose in OT to the Seahawks.

Out of all the crap we have witnessed from our coaches and QB that last throw by #7 that was way short just really made me laugh in disgust........He can't even throw a hail mary for f%^%k sakes....just a sad day to be a Viking fan.   I can't wait til Thursday night to see what new screw ups will happen.

omg hutch before the play even started troy aikmen how ever you spell his last name said..Ponders gotta buy time in the pocket!!! im thinkin POCKET??? Get the hell out of the pocket!!!!!!! u idiot!!! all you had to do was roll out and throw it into the endzone!!! lmao he cant even do that!!! thats how bad he is!!! thats twice!!!! hes Fd up a hail mary!!! the easiest play in the playbook!!! lmao what a loser!!!! 2 things you gotta do... not take a sack and get it into the endzone!!! and what does he do a couple weeks before ....take a sack...what does he do last week...doesnt get it into the endzone! lol Not that i was dissapointed that he didnt..lol its just the fact that the HC allows him to keep playing!!!!!
virginia1 atl3 duke1 min1

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2013, 03:38:15 PM »
Exactly Mary Jane......You don't know whether to laugh or cry with some of this garbage. What really kills me is and I'm not sure it's by design or not but #7 won't throw to the end zone. Every time they are in the red zone it's either a run or check down. Nick follows in 3 quarters has thrown more passing TD's than all our QB's combined the entire season. If you have a QB that you won't allow to throw to the end zone why are you playing him. We are running on downs we should be passing....I don't care how good AD is he's not that good.

Another prime time game and I can't wait to hear the announcers with this one.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2013, 03:39:29 PM »
Sorry.....it's not nick follows lol.....my typing stinks as bad as #7 at QB.

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
  • 😜I Ain't Got No Worries😜
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2013, 06:45:56 PM »
it dont make sence we are running on plays we need to be passing and passing on plays that we need to be running on...just like last game all we had to do is hand off to ap at the end of the game..yet our OC tries to get cute and comes out five wide like we are the Fkn saints!! lmao our oc is soooo oooooo sooooo ooos oooososoooooo bad..... its different if you got  rodgers  brady or manning then yea i would agree to play to win!!! but when you got the best rb in the leauge and you are a suppose to be a so called running team!!! i dont get it!!!! whats the deal with running it 3rd and goal 5+ yards in the first half then you get to the end of a game with a chance to win and you passs!!!!!! it makes no fkn sence!!!!!!!! how he calls plays.
virginia1 atl3 duke1 min1

Offline SithEvolution

• Star
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2013, 10:55:15 PM »
The Vikings suck right now with or without AD. His cap hit is fine so keep him, period.

The Cowboys have as many issues as the Jets and the Vikings. The Vikings are better off than either of them since they aren't committed to under achieving piece of chit QB's. Plus us Vikings fans aren't dickwads looking at other teams boards.
Glad to see your gash hasn't gotten any smaller since the move from CBS, CMC.

Well.....good luck in next year draft!
The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is

Offline mst3m1

• Adapt to talent
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2013, 06:53:45 AM »
Hutch, #7 is as laughable as they come.  I will always remember that hail mary as so pathetic it was funny.  Speilman was blown away by his combine (done in shorts with no pass rush mind you) and ridiculously unimportant Wunderlick test and completely ignored his performances in every college game he played when it was crunch time.  I hate the combine but more hate GMs who are so dimwitted they put more stock in that than actual on the field performances.   
"Apes don't read philosophy." "Yes they do, Otto. They just don't understand it."

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2013, 04:08:50 PM »
Hutch, #7 is as laughable as they come.  I will always remember that hail mary as so pathetic it was funny.  Speilman was blown away by his combine (done in shorts with no pass rush mind you) and ridiculously unimportant Wunderlick test and completely ignored his performances in every college game he played when it was crunch time.  I hate the combine but more hate GMs who are so dimwitted they put more stock in that than actual on the field performances.   

Exactly......you hear it all the time from Mayock.....he always says the combine might move a player 1 or 2 spots but the tape doesn't lie yet every year teams reach. The Vikings have been doing ok in recent years not reaching except at QB. College and NFL are so different yet some try and sell themselves that they can fix certain players when they can't. Ponder was a mid 2nd round pick at best for a reason and that was a reach yet we reached by a whole round plus...what a waste.

Offline VeN 1473

• Backup
  • I do what I do
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2013, 04:42:16 PM »
Workout warriors at combines get coaches to ignore said tape and think, "yea I see what he did in college, but imagine what I could do with those physical tools. I can make this player into something he wasn't in college; therefore, we should draft him 30 spots before what he should be drafted."

Scouting departments need to do a better job of tempering those expectations. This is such a lost season. I'm am a full blown Bucs and Jags fan the rest of the season. I'm don't watch enough college football to talk about potential quarterbacks or lineman or defensive players worth a top pick, but the top pick in each round would be nice.

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2013, 09:48:28 AM »
I knew the Vikings were going to lose that last game as soon as we went 3 and out after that interception! When AD scored that touchdown to take the lead a buddy texted me to say Go Vikes! I replied that there was almost 3 minutes left they could still blow it. When the Cowboys got inside the 20 I texted him saying told ya so! We need to play Freeman to see if he could be the guy at QB. I knew #7 didn't have the arm to throw it into the endzone from 50 yards out. They should have put Freeman in so the ball could have at least made it to the endzone. We need a good QB and several good CB's. Cook might have been hurt this year, but his play has sucked all year even when he wasn't hurt. I have to agree with MJ on keeping AD on the roster. This team is going to be playing outdoors for the next 2 years and a good running game will be very important. Another reason to keep him is to help a rookie QB be successful you need to have a threat of a running game. Gerhart is a very good backup, but he is never going to break a long run like AD. Keep them both! Let Allen and Williams go after this season to free up cap space and draft well. Most important, get a new coaching staff and a new defensive scheme. This Tampa 2 crap is not working anymore! 2c

Skol Vikings!!! Go Bucs and Jags!
min1 stl3

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.