Author Topic: VIKINGS 2014 NFL DRAFT  (Read 7169 times)

Offline kokomodan

• Star
  • Where the white women at?
Re: VIKINGS 2014 NFL DRAFT
« Reply #325 on: May 14, 2014, 12:05:42 PM »
What about Bortels?
min1          stl3          indiana1

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
« Reply #326 on: May 14, 2014, 12:58:09 PM »
What about Bortels?

Obviously they liked him a lot....he was my pick and believe he in the long run will be the top QB of this draft...my opinion. That said I also said I wouldn't take any of them in the top 15 picks. I think the Jags could have easily traded in into the first round from the 2nd to take him but again that's my opinion. If I were to guess it would be more about the Jags not liking Bortles that much more than the others. I think in the case of the Vikings, Browns or Raiders they had their favorites but would have been happy with a few different ones.....One team reached for the guy they wanted the other chose not to..I'm just glad we are one of the ones who chose not to and drafted a real solid pick with tonnes of upside in Barr.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #327 on: May 14, 2014, 12:59:30 PM »
Should have said ...LIKING Bortles that much more than the others

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #328 on: May 14, 2014, 01:01:32 PM »
We all want a solid QB but you have to hit on those early firts round picks as you only get so many chances at them ...unless you are the Ram, Browns or Jags lol.

Offline CMC18V

• Hates stupid people!!!
  • Star
  • I see what you did there!
« Reply #329 on: May 18, 2014, 11:39:52 AM »
I'm just glad we are one of the ones who chose not to and drafted a real solid pick with tonnes of upside in Barr.
Barr's physical upside is huge but with his short time playing D it could easily be argued he was the biggest reach in the entire draft and not just the first round. Everyone in the NFL has the physical tools. It's the techniques and motors that seperate the cream.
If someone tells you they don't like fighting in hockey every other word out of their mouth might be a lie.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #330 on: May 19, 2014, 11:34:55 AM »
Ya'll hear about OTC?  We are going to win a lot of games.... Haha.  I can't read stories on these mini camps.  Or any camps, except for guys who might be sleepers to make the team. 
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #331 on: May 19, 2014, 12:32:56 PM »
The only sleepers i want to see is the lesbian gymnast's event at a motel near by...

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
« Reply #332 on: May 19, 2014, 02:15:20 PM »
The only sleepers i want to see is the lesbian gymnast's event at a motel near by...
CNA
min1 stl3

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #333 on: May 21, 2014, 08:02:15 PM »
Barr's physical upside is huge but with his short time playing D it could easily be argued he was the biggest reach in the entire draft and not just the first round. Everyone in the NFL has the physical tools. It's the techniques and motors that seperate the cream.

One can say the Vikings entire draft seems to full of risk/reward.....Barr being probably one of the biggest and next IMO is the RB we took..........For me, I expect a lot of head scratching rookie mistakes but hopefully we get some small taste of brillance too......

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #334 on: May 22, 2014, 06:36:29 AM »
Then again you never know when you might hit on a draft like the Steelers did back in the day...Who was it, Lynn Swann, Jack Lambert, Mike webster, and John Stalworth? Not four great players, 4 HoFers! Who cares if they cheated by hiding Stalworths game films and were the only team to actually see a good 40 time...There's a good chance that he would have gone in the 1st round to someone, maybe the Raiders had those fims been released like the NFL told the Steelers to do? Oh well, spilt milk I suppose?

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.