Author Topic: VIKINGS 2014 NFL DRAFT  (Read 7818 times)

Offline kokomodan

• Star
  • Where the white women at?
Re: VIKINGS 2014 NFL DRAFT
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2014, 11:07:51 AM »
 That WR will be gone before the #13 pick that's for sure and if the Rams want to solidify their WR corps they have a chance here to do that. Austin and Wadkins give Bradford something he's never had. Solid young weapons moving forward. Spielman wants picks and the Rams have them! I guess it's all about what they will give for the #8 pick?
min1          stl3          indiana1

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2014, 12:36:46 PM »
Hutch they won't get some teams #1 pick next year by moving back. That's just not happening...I could see them dealing with the Rams should they covet someone dearly. They have the #2 and #13 and MAYBE the Vikings drop there? Of course the Rams have to want a guy really bad...That would probably get them an OT and Watkins the best WR in the draft. Buffalo is probably taking him at #9?

What I'd like is trade the #8 pick for the Rams #13. The Rams also give the Vikings pick #40 and #106...The Vikings would then have 8 picks in the top 140 of this draft. They would be picks 13, 40, 44, 72, 96, 104, 106, 136...If Slick Rick can't do something with those then you'll know for sure I'm right in my assumption of the chump...There's a QB in that bushel of picks and plenty of help for the defense. Face it the Vikings are in total rebuild again for the 2nd time in 4 season...Thanks Rick!

Moving back from 8 to 13 and still grabbing a guy like Mosley would be fine if we add the other picks....I was referring to you wanting Nix and he's still a reach at 13 and not expected to get any interest until 20 or higher. If we moved back that far a season and 4th is IMO no where near enough.

Reading some posts about what the rams got a few years ago IMO is not comparable to us. They had an elite QB prospect and that pick commanded a steep price.....we have the 8th pick which is much different and no elite QB's period .....the only plus is there is a limited amount of what scouts call elite players and our pick is within that range so we can command more......really depends on who drops and other teams needs.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2014, 12:37:39 PM »
sorry....ment second and 4th not season and 4th lol

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2014, 12:40:52 PM »
unless FA adds us a few starting LB's I really don't know how the Vikings can not take a LB in the 1st round ...we need speed and covering skills at those positions and we currently have none...that IMO is the most dire area for our team along with DB.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2014, 05:08:10 PM »
Sorry....my bad....about the rams swapping picks. Reference was to last years and not years ago. I tend to agree with Koko in that how important is it for rams to get a WR like Watkins or another team if an elite Tackle slides. I think the Vikings are in a really nice spot at 8 for what could or should be available. If someone falls in love with Gilbert or the other CB they may pay up to get ahead of the Lions.....if Mack slides we could get a boat load of picks and still get Mosley. can't wait

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2014, 10:43:40 AM »
I think at 13 Nix is a slight over draft, but look at how bad the Vikings have been since Pat Williams has left and you really see what has happened to the Vikings defensively. Teams gashed the middle of the line running the football and with middle screens. Of course the Vikings need LBs and CBs, but on both sides of the ball it starts up front.

I'd like to see the Vikings sign say Willie Colon at guard. He's got some tread left and would be a huge upgrade over Charlie Johnson...If the kept Johnson for depth they would have a Colon and an Johnson on the same line sometimes...But I digress!

DT in round 1. QB in round 2 or 3. Then back hard on the defense the rest of the way. Whatever they do they need a nasty Mo Fo like Steve Hutchison at LG moving forward. That guy can and should be pursued in free agency, in my opinion.

I love Nix and perhaps moving back 2 times still nets who I think the best DT in this draft is. It's not a sexy pick, but at this point there are just so many holes on defense and should m ore players defect on defense for greener pastures the Vikings will have even more to plug...

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2014, 10:56:35 AM »
I think at 13 Nix is a slight over draft, but look at how bad the Vikings have been since Pat Williams has left and you really see what has happened to the Vikings defensively. Teams gashed the middle of the line running the football and with middle screens. Of course the Vikings need LBs and CBs, but on both sides of the ball it starts up front.

I'd like to see the Vikings sign say Willie Colon at guard. He's got some tread left and would be a huge upgrade over Charlie Johnson...If the kept Johnson for depth they would have a Colon and an Johnson on the same line sometimes...But I digress!

DT in round 1. QB in round 2 or 3. Then back hard on the defense the rest of the way. Whatever they do they need a nasty Mo Fo like Steve Hutchison at LG moving forward. That guy can and should be pursued in free agency, in my opinion.

I love Nix and perhaps moving back 2 times still nets who I think the best DT in this draft is. It's not a sexy pick, but at this point there are just so many holes on defense and should m ore players defect on defense for greener pastures the Vikings will have even more to plug...

This is what I love about this draft.....there are so many options on who to pick where and for what to trade and we can all argue great points on why a number of players are the best option. Now i don't know Nix but if he can be dominant that would be a nice addition.....it's tough to get a good ready on a few players as there are so many varying opinions from these so called "experts"....read one thing saying positive things about Nix and others saying his stock is dropping because he won't be able to handle the gaurds at the NFL level......this isn't just him as there are many players getting such varying opinions.......everyone loves to mislead this time of the year,

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2014, 09:40:10 AM »
I am seeing Justin Gilbert CB in a lot of Mocks for the Vikings now.
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2014, 09:42:02 AM »
I am seeing Justin Gilbert CB in a lot of Mocks for the Vikings now.

What's wrong with the CBs the Vikings have now? Oh yeah, they aren't any good outside of Rhodes!

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2014, 11:12:02 AM »
I've seen Mack in a few too....after his pro day I'm not so sure......some have Bridgewater falling to us. The worst one I've seen and the idiot on CBS hasn't changed his mind since he started his mocks....and that's David Carr........Some one should just fire the idiot for even suggesting it.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2014, 02:03:10 PM »
 facepalm

David Carr... barf

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2014, 02:16:13 PM »
I've seen Mack in a few too....after his pro day I'm not so sure......some have Bridgewater falling to us. The worst one I've seen and the idiot on CBS hasn't changed his mind since he started his mocks....and that's David Carr........Some one should just fire the idiot for even suggesting it.

He is stubborn isn't he?
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2014, 07:21:59 PM »
The more I hear about him the more I hope we get Mack......This guy just sounds exactly what we need. I'm not a big fan for trading up this year but I would a few spots for Mack if it didn't cost a lot. We need impact players and he would be a huge upgrade for us.

Offline VeN 1473

• Backup
  • I do what I do
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2014, 02:34:07 PM »
While free agency classes shouldn't dictate how the Vikings draft, especially since they are not a player or two away,  the fact that this is a weak linebacker year for free agents makes me hope Mack falls even more.

As for free agency, I think there is a lot of potential for good players that can be a part of this team for a long time like Winfield and Pat Williams were. I really hope they get Verner, but Davis out of Indy would be solid too. Michael Johnson, Brian Robison, and Everson Griffen would make a great defensive end team and keep them all fresh. Safety and defensive tackle also could be helped but no one in free agency excites me much. Byrd and Ward are definitely upgrades, but I don't want the Vikings to be in cap hell in two seasons like I hear the Bucs are from that year they signed Jackson and Nicks.

As for offense, Sproles would be perfect back with Norv and to compliment AD. I really like Roger Saffold too, but that might be too much and maybe they Vikings like the guard they drafted out of UCLA last year enough to not worry about Charlie Johnson leaving.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 02:39:15 PM by VeN 1473 »

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2014, 08:19:05 PM »
While free agency classes shouldn't dictate how the Vikings draft, especially since they are not a player or two away,  the fact that this is a weak linebacker year for free agents makes me hope Mack falls even more.

As for free agency, I think there is a lot of potential for good players that can be a part of this team for a long time like Winfield and Pat Williams were. I really hope they get Verner, but Davis out of Indy would be solid too. Michael Johnson, Brian Robison, and Everson Griffen would make a great defensive end team and keep them all fresh. Safety and defensive tackle also could be helped but no one in free agency excites me much. Byrd and Ward are definitely upgrades, but I don't want the Vikings to be in cap hell in two seasons like I hear the Bucs are from that year they signed Jackson and Nicks.

As for offense, Sproles would be perfect back with Norv and to compliment AD. I really like Roger Saffold too, but that might be too much and maybe they Vikings like the guard they drafted out of UCLA last year enough to not worry about Charlie Johnson leaving.

Have to agree.....We have to be careful with cap issues down the road. the big picture is when we move into that new stadium in 3 years and we need to be in a solid cap situation by that time. There area  few solid FA's that don't have to break the bank but can help out team. I don't mind paying for a few as long as they are for long term gain not just the next few years. So far I'm glad the team is releasing the guys they have and really starting fresh. Listening to Zimmer that he really wants to focus on stopping the run and especially gap integrity is positive step forward. For me there is nothing more important than gap assignments and being where you are supposed to be. It's the easiest thing in the world to do yet it's the most messed up from guys trying to be heros and they end up being zeros instead costing the entire team.

Hopefully we get some rumors on who is talking to who over the weekend before teams can start signing players on tuesday......man I hope we get spoles once he is released.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2014, 02:43:52 PM »
Power Trip Morning show are convinced that the Viking fan base will blow up in hatred if the Vikings pass on Manziel if he is there.  Any of your guys think that will happen?  The fan base part?

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2014, 05:32:39 PM »
Power Trip Morning show are convinced that the Viking fan base will blow up in hatred if the Vikings pass on Manziel if he is there.  Any of your guys think that will happen?  The fan base part?

Really ??? I will blow up if they do draft him......he's a huge risk and that's a risk I doubt Spielman would take and i wouldn't blame him......we can trade back and get either Mosley or one of the top CB's and add a pick or so.

I like to think that Vikings fans are atleast smart football  fans......Manzeil is a guy IMO that could free fall.

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
  • 😜I Ain't Got No Worries😜
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2014, 06:21:51 AM »
If Johnny's there when we pick I'd take him..the risk is huge but the reward could be huge!
virginia1 atl3 duke1 min1

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2014, 08:40:18 AM »
Now that the Vikings signed Linval Joseph to shore up the defensive line along with Sharif Floyd, I think they absolutely need to get a LB with their first pick. I would love to see them get Kahlil Mack at #8. If they trade back then I think they look at CB for the position of need. C.J. Mosley would be nice, but I would rather get Gilbert or Dennard if they are still there. thanx
min1 stl3

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2014, 11:36:16 AM »
Another story about drafting or trading for a QB...Enjoy!

MINNEAPOLIS -- Over the course of the past few weeks, I've been chipping away at the Hot Read piece that was published today on why evaluating quarterbacks is so difficult -- and hasn't gotten any more precise in an era where teams have more information at their disposal than ever. In the process of talking to more than a dozen GMs and coaches for the story, I came across a number of interesting tidbits that didn't make the final edition.

I thought I'd pass them along here, in case they're of interest to you:

•First, for Vikings fans, I had a good conversation with offensive coordinator Norv Turner about what he looks for in a quarterback. Turner was Troy Aikman's offensive coordinator in Dallas, worked with Philip Rivers as the San Diego Chargers' head coach and was the Chargers' offensive coordinator when they drafted Drew Brees (which is a prominent part of the story). He places a high emphasis on a quarterback's ability to learn quickly, understand complex systems and boil those systems down into manageable terms for the rest of the offense. Aikman and Brees both excelled at that, Turner said, and he also mentioned former Vikings quarterback Brad Johnson, whom Turner coached with the Redskins. One thing teams are doing now, as they try to put young QBs on the field sooner, Turner said, is simplifying the terminology of their offenses. "They're cutting down some of the verbiage, code-naming more things and helping them, where it's not just so much rote memorization and you don't get into the concepts," Turner said.

•We talked in the story about the issue of short quarterbacks, and after talking to Turner and Colts GM Ryan Grigson in particular, the sense I got is that smart teams aren't dismissing short QBs simply because they're short -- they're looking to see how many batted balls come about because of a quarterback's stature. In some ways, shorter quarterbacks actually fare better here, because they've already learned how to compensate for their lack of height. In fact, Brees and Russell Wilson were tied for just 21st in the league in batted passes last season, with six each, according to Pro Football Focus. The leaders? The 6-foot-2 Chad Henne (with 20), the 6-2 Matthew Stafford (with 17) and the 6-5 Matt Ryan (with 14). Said Turner of Brees: "He'd been playing like that his whole life. It's not like he was 6-4 or you're going to make him 6-4. He understood how to play that way. He created lanes, he moved and he was very competitive against the rush. That's what it comes down to: that ability to visualize. You don't have to actually see the guy running free -- you 'see' him, you see where the defense is and you know where you're going to throw it."

•A couple more good stories from Bill Polian and Ron Wolf about drafting Peyton Manning and trading for Brett Favre, respectively. Polian, who now works as a NFL analyst for ESPN, dispelled the since-developed myth that the Colts were split between Manning and Ryan Leaf until just before the draft. In reality, Polian said, the decision was made by mid-March.
"A lot of people now have amnesia, and said Ryan Leaf was by far the better product," Polian said. "The consensus of so-called experts on Peyton was, he had a weak arm, couldn’t make all the throws and was 'a product of the system.' We worked him out, and found out he had a better arm than Ryan Leaf. He was much better than people gave him credit for. The athleticism thing, that one I can understand, because he looked a little bit gawky. But he had an incredible work ethic, incredible desire to be the best, incredible accuracy when he threw the ball, a unique understanding of defenses. None of that was present with Ryan." And Wolf, when he told the Packers' board of directors when he explained he was about to trade a first-round pick for a player the Atlanta Falcons had taken in the second round and no longer wanted, said this: "I compared him to a player like Lou Gehrig -- a face of the franchise. I told them everybody would one day around Green Bay wear No. 4. I'm sure they were a little shaken. I'm sure they thought they hired some idiot."Wolf said he hadn't thought about the obvious ironman parallels between Favre and Gehrig until we discussed it in our conversation; rather, he saw an aura about Favre that put him in that class. Wolf rightly gets credit now because few others saw what he did, but as he admitted, those evaluations are almost the more obvious ones to make."I thought the field tilted in his team’s favor when he ran on the field," Wolf said. "He played teams [at Southern Miss] that did not have the same type of talent that he was playing against. By and large, he kept them in the game. I think [former Auburn coach] Pat Dye put it the best; was reading somewhere where he was asked 'Who’s the best player you've seen as a head coach?' He said right away, 'Brett Favre.' I think a lot of people would have said that. He won games he had no business being able to win. He's just a rare, rare player."

•Wolf, then, would agree with the point ESPN NFL scout Matt Williamson made -- that teams and executives who are often branded "quarterback experts" get that reputation unjustly, because all they had to do was be correct once. "If you do hit one, then you don’t have to do it any more," Williamson said. "It's hard to say, 'Boy, these guys are great at developing QBs," because they did it once. They don’t have to worry about it for 12 years."

•Lastly, I'd commend to you a Sports Illustrated story published just after the 2001 NFL draft. The magazine followed Brees around during his entire pre-draft process and chronicled what the experience was like, and there are lots of cameos from talent evaluators who are still in the NFL limelight, from Turner to Vikings GM Rick Spielman and Seahawks GM John Schneider. And for the Minnesotans in the crowd, the story ran in an issue adorned with a cover photo of former Twins outfielder Matt Lawton, discussing the upstart Twins' hot start to the 2001 MLB season.

Just wanted to pass those things along, before we return to the rhythms of the Vikings beat. Hope you enjoyed them.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2014, 03:34:37 PM »
Another story about drafting or trading for a QB...Enjoy!

MINNEAPOLIS -- Over the course of the past few weeks, I've been chipping away at the Hot Read piece that was published today on why evaluating quarterbacks is so difficult -- and hasn't gotten any more precise in an era where teams have more information at their disposal than ever. In the process of talking to more than a dozen GMs and coaches for the story, I came across a number of interesting tidbits that didn't make the final edition.

I thought I'd pass them along here, in case they're of interest to you:

•First, for Vikings fans, I had a good conversation with offensive coordinator Norv Turner about what he looks for in a quarterback. Turner was Troy Aikman's offensive coordinator in Dallas, worked with Philip Rivers as the San Diego Chargers' head coach and was the Chargers' offensive coordinator when they drafted Drew Brees (which is a prominent part of the story). He places a high emphasis on a quarterback's ability to learn quickly, understand complex systems and boil those systems down into manageable terms for the rest of the offense. Aikman and Brees both excelled at that, Turner said, and he also mentioned former Vikings quarterback Brad Johnson, whom Turner coached with the Redskins. One thing teams are doing now, as they try to put young QBs on the field sooner, Turner said, is simplifying the terminology of their offenses. "They're cutting down some of the verbiage, code-naming more things and helping them, where it's not just so much rote memorization and you don't get into the concepts," Turner said.

•We talked in the story about the issue of short quarterbacks, and after talking to Turner and Colts GM Ryan Grigson in particular, the sense I got is that smart teams aren't dismissing short QBs simply because they're short -- they're looking to see how many batted balls come about because of a quarterback's stature. In some ways, shorter quarterbacks actually fare better here, because they've already learned how to compensate for their lack of height. In fact, Brees and Russell Wilson were tied for just 21st in the league in batted passes last season, with six each, according to Pro Football Focus. The leaders? The 6-foot-2 Chad Henne (with 20), the 6-2 Matthew Stafford (with 17) and the 6-5 Matt Ryan (with 14). Said Turner of Brees: "He'd been playing like that his whole life. It's not like he was 6-4 or you're going to make him 6-4. He understood how to play that way. He created lanes, he moved and he was very competitive against the rush. That's what it comes down to: that ability to visualize. You don't have to actually see the guy running free -- you 'see' him, you see where the defense is and you know where you're going to throw it."

•A couple more good stories from Bill Polian and Ron Wolf about drafting Peyton Manning and trading for Brett Favre, respectively. Polian, who now works as a NFL analyst for ESPN, dispelled the since-developed myth that the Colts were split between Manning and Ryan Leaf until just before the draft. In reality, Polian said, the decision was made by mid-March.
"A lot of people now have amnesia, and said Ryan Leaf was by far the better product," Polian said. "The consensus of so-called experts on Peyton was, he had a weak arm, couldn’t make all the throws and was 'a product of the system.' We worked him out, and found out he had a better arm than Ryan Leaf. He was much better than people gave him credit for. The athleticism thing, that one I can understand, because he looked a little bit gawky. But he had an incredible work ethic, incredible desire to be the best, incredible accuracy when he threw the ball, a unique understanding of defenses. None of that was present with Ryan." And Wolf, when he told the Packers' board of directors when he explained he was about to trade a first-round pick for a player the Atlanta Falcons had taken in the second round and no longer wanted, said this: "I compared him to a player like Lou Gehrig -- a face of the franchise. I told them everybody would one day around Green Bay wear No. 4. I'm sure they were a little shaken. I'm sure they thought they hired some idiot."Wolf said he hadn't thought about the obvious ironman parallels between Favre and Gehrig until we discussed it in our conversation; rather, he saw an aura about Favre that put him in that class. Wolf rightly gets credit now because few others saw what he did, but as he admitted, those evaluations are almost the more obvious ones to make."I thought the field tilted in his team’s favor when he ran on the field," Wolf said. "He played teams [at Southern Miss] that did not have the same type of talent that he was playing against. By and large, he kept them in the game. I think [former Auburn coach] Pat Dye put it the best; was reading somewhere where he was asked 'Who’s the best player you've seen as a head coach?' He said right away, 'Brett Favre.' I think a lot of people would have said that. He won games he had no business being able to win. He's just a rare, rare player."

•Wolf, then, would agree with the point ESPN NFL scout Matt Williamson made -- that teams and executives who are often branded "quarterback experts" get that reputation unjustly, because all they had to do was be correct once. "If you do hit one, then you don’t have to do it any more," Williamson said. "It's hard to say, 'Boy, these guys are great at developing QBs," because they did it once. They don’t have to worry about it for 12 years."

•Lastly, I'd commend to you a Sports Illustrated story published just after the 2001 NFL draft. The magazine followed Brees around during his entire pre-draft process and chronicled what the experience was like, and there are lots of cameos from talent evaluators who are still in the NFL limelight, from Turner to Vikings GM Rick Spielman and Seahawks GM John Schneider. And for the Minnesotans in the crowd, the story ran in an issue adorned with a cover photo of former Twins outfielder Matt Lawton, discussing the upstart Twins' hot start to the 2001 MLB season.

Just wanted to pass those things along, before we return to the rhythms of the Vikings beat. Hope you enjoyed them.

Neat stuff.....the one word that I hear about for successful QB's is composure....They talked about Russel Wilson....now I don't (yet) consider him a great QB...he plays with the best defense in the league and a solid run game too. What he does have is composure ...some said that's his baseball back ground and learning how to stay even emotionally in various situations. I don't know if Russel Wilson could lead a average team to a Super bow and really I wouldn't even put him in the top 7 or 8 QB's BUT that composure allows him to make great choices and he seems, as what was mentioned above, reads defenses well....for me that one is HUGE. This is why I'm not a huge fan yet of Manzeil.....Personally I think he's a college hero but will end up being a NFL zero......well, maybe not that bad but .....composure and smarts  to play at the NFL level is night and day.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2014, 08:11:14 AM »
The way the Vikings have approached free agency we can see that they are addressing the dreadful defense 1st and foremost...Linval Joseph and the Capt'n are huge upgrades and I don't think the Vikings are through adding more and better pieces thru the draft. They added more D-line players in the last couple days too. More of the Spielman Dollar General Manager stuff though. The risk reward factor comes into play, but he let Schwartz go and look what he did in KC last year. You can't tell me he wouldn't have been an upgrade over Johnson and Fusco. Then Spielman turns around and signs Johnson again. That has me pulling my hair out. I know the Vikings need depth at LG especially, but Johnson is way past his prime if he even had a prime? Something tells me that Incognito might have come for about the same price considering and Zimmer has a way with players of his status...

I'd like to see the Vikings move down in the draft. Gain an extra pick around the start of the 3rd round and use that pick to draft Murray out of Georgia. That way he is mentored by Cassel. His injury is fully healed and when he has a grasp of what Norv Turner is trying to do can be the starter moving forward when the new stadium opens. The LB situation is still looking pathetic, so that may well be where the Vikings invest their #1 selection? maybe their #2 also. For those of you that haven't been watching the Vikings LBs outside of Greenway(who I believe is overrated) are not starting quality players. That includes ALL the young ones they have drafted recently...

The Vikings might draft a RB in the later rounds? Then again maybe there is a 3rd down back you believe will fit the Vikings scheme. Sproles is an Eagle now so he's out. Who you got?...SKOL Brothers!

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2014, 08:31:36 AM »
Well now Priscoe is on the Derek Carr bandwagon.  Idiots. If you have the Vikings taking a risk like that, make it interesting and incorporate trades so it would make sense if we move back and then try and draft him.

Oh and his explanation is what floors me.  "Vikings sign Matt Cassell to a 2 year deal, is he really the answer?  Didn't think so."  NICE ANALYSIS!!!!  whipdude

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2014, 09:58:35 AM »
I also see Rang verbally stroked Derek on his pro day.  "Even though he was vomitting constantly due to illness he didn't make a single bad pass."  Ok all he said, even though he was ill, but still Rang freaking loves this guy.  I will be upset if I put all this hatred into Carr and he turns out to be the best QB in decades. Not so much Hatred in Carr but him being picked at 8.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2014, 11:12:27 AM »
I also see Rang verbally stroked Derek on his pro day.  "Even though he was vomitting constantly due to illness he didn't make a single bad pass."  Ok all he said, even though he was ill, but still Rang freaking loves this guy.  I will be upset if I put all this hatred into Carr and he turns out to be the best QB in decades. Not so much Hatred in Carr but him being picked at 8.

I think says it all.....not hatred for Carr just hatred if we take him at 8. It's funny that these 2 idiots have us taking him at 8. Another has us trading back into the late first to take him and I've even seen a mock draft where Manzeil falls to the end of the first round....these gyts really need to take the "expect" thing away from their titles......I rather use a 3rd on one of the guys that had injury concerns but lots of potential...the buggest plus is having Turner here.....he'll have the biggest input and whether we guess right or not he's atleast one of the best at it.

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.