Author Topic: Freeman Conspiracy  (Read 2322 times)

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
Freeman Conspiracy
« on: November 08, 2013, 08:55:15 AM »
The more I think about it the more this makes sense! Freeman was brought in to make #7 look better! The Vikings never wanted him to have any success. Think about it they bring in the QB that has the worst completion percentage in the NFL this year. They throw him into the starting role after 1 week with the team knowing that his "mechanics" are off a little bit according to Frazier, and no time to learn the playbook or gain any rapport with his receivers. Then they throw the ball 53 times out of 66 plays run when you have the best RB in football at your disposal. Then after the fans are disgusted with what just happened, they sit him down with a "concussion" and relegate him to the #3 QB slot. In comes #7 and while he still sucks it looks like he is doing better in comparison. What will the Vikings do if Freeman has to play because of injuries to the other 2 QB's and he actually does look good? Inquiring minds want to know! :tiphat:
min1 stl3

Offline Simmion

• Star
Re: Freeman Conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 11:27:02 AM »
I love a good conspiracy haha
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 02:45:27 PM »
Fraizer hasn't said who the starter will be in Ponder can't go.  JUST MAKE IT FREEMAN!
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 10:14:36 AM »
I hope they play Freeman. I want to know if he is worth the money. I would be willing to come play QB for 2 million a year. I'm pretty sure I could still play one game cheer1 cheer1 and complete less than 50% of my passes and then sit on the bench the rest of the year!
min1 stl3

Offline kokomodan

• Star
  • Where the white women at?
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 12:59:17 PM »
The way this season has gone they should continue to plat #7...That way we will not win anymore games!
min1          stl3          indiana1

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 09:13:55 AM »
I agree Koko! I still want Freeman to play so we know if he could at least be a competent backup, because we already know that #7 and Cassel are not capable. hiya
min1 stl3

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 07:56:09 PM »
Newest Freeman conspiracy, brought to you by Sim...

They played Freeman too early.... "it's aallll part of the plaaan..." in order to make him look just terrible.  They don't play him the rest of the year, because he is terrible and no one will want to out bid us to sign long term. While he studies his ass off late in the night (which I have heard he's done) and no one hears about.   We get the second pick, miss Bridgewater to the Texans, draft the next best player whoever it is.  Sign Freeman to a cheap 5 year $15 million contract because he sucked that one game.  He lights it up because he learned the system.   We win the next 5 superbowls....

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 08:12:54 PM »
As pathetic as it sounds,  I can believe what I just wrote.  Except the 5 superbowls.  But when they say they've seen enough of Freeman after one game having 1.5 weeks to prepare.  Having that much certainty,  I never bought it.  There is NO WAY! 

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 08:17:36 PM »
Newest Freeman conspiracy, brought to you by Sim...

They played Freeman too early.... "it's aallll part of the plaaan..." in order to make him look just terrible.  They don't play him the rest of the year, because he is terrible and no one will want to out bid us to sign long term. While he studies his ass off late in the night (which I have heard he's done) and no one hears about.   We get the second pick, miss Bridgewater to the Texans, draft the next best player whoever it is.  Sign Freeman to a cheap 5 year $15 million contract because he sucked that one game.  He lights it up because he learned the system.   We win the next 5 superbowls....

Kinda said that about the Vikings intentions with Freeman and hoping to resign him long term for a reasonable amount.....not sure if you are joking or not Simmion with your statement but I think there is a very good chance 2 of the 3 QB's remain with the team next season especially if there is no coaching change. The Vikings lose out and worst case we get the number 3 pick in the draft....I don't see the Vikings reaching on a QB like they did with Ponder because of how Ponder turned out so either they trade back a few spots or if we end up with the 2nd pick they draft Clowny (sp) DE. A lot can change by the end of the year but the more I think about where we will be playing next year the more I think outside of DC the Vikings will keep Frazier and Musgraves atleast one more year.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 08:14:42 AM »
I was serious with the thought of the Vikings signing him long term after this year and making him the starter (if we don't get the first pick).  But the part of us purposely playing him early so he could suck so we could sign him to the soft deal was tongue and cheek.  I do believe we keep him long term though. I hope they fire the entire staff and find someone that can run an offense that mimics the one he flourished with during that playoff/probowl year in Tampa. That HAS to be thought of by a GM right?  I mean it can't be just us who thinks of this stuff.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 10:44:43 AM »
The bad thing is that #7 is under contract and will probably be the back up on the team next year. Cassel will get traded to the Jets as Geno's back up. Freeman is the starter next year, in my opinion...His performance that Monday night will keep him a Vikings for 3 years. The Vikings won't get a chance at a great college QB in the 1st round. I believe they are 5th or 6th right now. Anyway, I want them to retool the defense, because that situation is dreadful as we witnessed vs. the Ravens...

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 11:16:20 AM »
I was serious with the thought of the Vikings signing him long term after this year and making him the starter (if we don't get the first pick).  But the part of us purposely playing him early so he could suck so we could sign him to the soft deal was tongue and cheek.  I do believe we keep him long term though. I hope they fire the entire staff and find someone that can run an offense that mimics the one he flourished with during that playoff/probowl year in Tampa. That HAS to be thought of by a GM right?  I mean it can't be just us who thinks of this stuff.

I kinda did get the playing him early part was a joke....just incase didn't want to be a jerk and say WTF lol.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 11:32:25 AM »
Everyone knows the jerks on this site. Me and whoever wants to be one!

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, 07:30:20 PM »
Everyone knows the jerks on this site. Me and whoever wants to be one!

This site seems to be a lot more civil......not that a good debate isn't healthy......just seems for the most part we all want the same things to take place.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 01:21:31 PM »
Yeah, once everyone got accustomed to everyone and saw their side of the argument it smoothed out. Not like the chit on facebook. That's like CBS x10...The names rain often times. Once you see their other threads you come to realize they make chit up as they go, instead of using the facts and stats like people that can think critically. I've heard what I don't know and what kind of fan I am. You know the whole gamut? Some of their takes are hilarious...

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2013, 03:25:50 PM »
Personally I don't use facebook.....A few years ago Yikes Vikes told me about how many Viking fans were on it and suggested checking it out but personally never got into the whole facebook thing.....by the sounds of it I'm glad I didn't for the Vikings part.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2013, 04:31:10 PM »
I only comment on sports on this site.  Facebook will make your nose bleed trying to hold back anger of stupidity.

And good old Yikes,  he had enough of CBS, went into retirement.  Miss that guy.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2013, 09:44:23 AM »
Man you said it about Facebook and the level of stupidity!

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2013, 11:35:41 AM »
Yikes always had very colourful and entertaining posts.....obviouysly, like everyone here, very much a huge viking fan.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2013, 09:37:22 PM »
Back to Freeman,  I am a fan of his game, always have been.  Will he consistently have 59-61% completion percentage seasons???  Yes. But his size,  he style of QB (deep accuracy, please that Giants game was a joke when having 6 days to learn this BS offense) is perfect for this team.  Might I be wrong?  Absolutely, he might have just dropped off the deep end of legitimacy in the NFL ranks due to whatever reason.  He career style and size at 6'6" while throwing a clock like 6 to 12 passes that are bread and butter for WRs to see is what this team needs.  Not all QBs will end up like Aaron Rodgers where you get anything and everything perfect.  With what's left of the available QBs (and that includes the draft), Freeman at the current moment offers the best counter part to what AP gives us. 

There will be a QB that can move the ball, my point is that this team needs to make the defense move that 8th and 9th guy out of the box.  A deep passer does that.  Freeman won't flourish with slants and crap like that, he guns it deep and guns it well.  Move that safety or winfield style CB out of that box.  Create that extra hold for AP to bust through.  Then watch the offense gel with Freeman tossing bombs deep to leapers like Simpson and Patterson. 

Was this a complete homer take... yes.  But this homer thinks there is some merit to it.  Draft defense defense defense.  So you be atleast be relevant. (Vikings defense especially on 3rd down is the worst i've seen in my life).

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2013, 10:02:55 AM »
3rd down defense has been epically BAD!...I agree with your take on Freeman, that he'll be the QB next year. I don't think the Vikings resign Simpson though. They have that WR in Patterson and I think Childs may be in line for the other spot. Money wise it makes sense.

Players I don't see in a Viking uniform next year:
Jared Allen
Chris Cook
Jerome Simpson
Charlie Johnson
Joe Webb
Toby Gerhart
Fred Evans
Desmond Bishop
Matt Cassel

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2013, 01:16:15 PM »
3rd down defense has been epically BAD!...I agree with your take on Freeman, that he'll be the QB next year. I don't think the Vikings resign Simpson though. They have that WR in Patterson and I think Childs may be in line for the other spot. Money wise it makes sense.

Jared Allen
Chris Cook
Jerome Simpson
Charlie Johnson
Joe Webb
Toby Gerhart
Fred Evans
Desmond Bishop
Matt Cassel

I like this list Koko. While I would like to keep some of these players it just doesn't make sense financially. Freeman will probably be around next year, unfortunately #7 will be because he is still under his rookie contract. I wish Gearhart would still be around, but he has played well enough for some team to offer him more money. The same holds true for Simpson. I say good riddance to Chris Cook! The guy has been hurt or facing charges more than he has played and he hasn't really played that well IMO.
min1 stl3

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2013, 05:03:27 PM »

Jared Allen
Chris Cook
Jerome Simpson
Charlie Johnson
Joe Webb
Toby Gerhart
Fred Evans
Desmond Bishop
Matt Cassel

Well after reports that have come out.....Cassel has a solid chance at being on the team next year and after the last few games and the chemestry with Jennings I think he's a for sure keeper now. The rest I tend to agree with ......the one I want to keep is Gerhart but unless they trade AD that isn't happening. One can only hope Jones offers the Vikings something huge to change their minds...dare to dream.

Offline CMC18V

• Hates stupid people!!!
  • Star
  • I see what you did there!
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2013, 06:03:46 PM »
Yikes always had very colourful and entertaining posts.....obviouysly, like everyone here, very much a huge viking fan.
I emailed him a couple times and tried to get him to come back. There was zero chance of that.
If someone tells you they don't like fighting in hockey every other word out of their mouth might be a lie.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2013, 07:04:44 PM »
I emailed him a couple times and tried to get him to come back. There was zero chance of that.

I remember that CMC,  glad to hear he was doing OK though.  Like I said before.  He was a good dude.

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.