Author Topic: Freeman Conspiracy  (Read 2141 times)

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
Re: Freeman Conspiracy
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2013, 08:28:19 PM »
I emailed him a couple times and tried to get him to come back. There was zero chance of that.

That's too bad.........It would be nice if there was one site that could be good for all.....most people I have encountered have been pretty good with only a few odd exceptions and usually those exceptions move on pretty quick.

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2013, 08:20:16 AM »
Maybe we could get Pfish to come over here for comedic relief!  j/k
min1 stl3

Offline kokomodan

• Star
  • Where the white women at?
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2013, 12:13:53 PM »
There's still so many rumors about who the Vikings will keep, and let go, at QB, after the season...I still believe they keep Freeman? Don't forget who brought him in, Slick Rick. He played Freeman after 12 days in house. Then he allowed Fraizer to chit his entire bed by playing Ponder even after the season was over. He did this to drive in his point about whom runs this team. Now, he'll get HIS guy as the head coach. I felt he might do this to Frazier a couple years ago, but they somehow made the playoffs last year. Still scratching my head there? AP for 2000 had to help in that regard.

I really believe Ponder is out at QB. Now that the Vikings are 7th or 8th in the draft position I don't see them reaching for a QB again. Cassel and freeman will battle for the spot next year. If Freeman starts and then struggles we Viking fans will again have a controversy. Then again, maybe Cassel voids his contract and goes somewhere else for a chit ton more dough? Then the Vikings have Freeman and Ponder. No controversy there either. (Sarc) One thing is for sure this team will remain in flux throughout the off season. SMFH...Why can't the Vikings be stable for a couple years? Oh yeah, no stability at the big 3. GM,HC, and QB...Just look at the consistent teams!
min1          stl3          indiana1

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2013, 12:47:05 PM »
There are so many rumors Koko and, especially at QB , they will persist until the new coach and coordinators are brought in. Freeman is Ricks guy and Cassel is playing well so can see both here next season...the one I can't is Ponder...he'll be traded for what ever we can get IMO.......Whom ever the coach is I'm sure they will have a huge say in drafting a QB....just don't see it being in the 1st round. As far as dollars and cents go.....neither Cassel or Freeman will get starters money...With a lot of talented QB's (not great) coming out this year I don't see either making big bucks. Think teams learned after Cassel in KC and especially Flynn.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2013, 01:16:00 PM »
Does anyone miss, Percy Harvin these days?

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2013, 04:07:07 PM »

Let me think......hell yes.......If the Wilfs would have just canned Frazier and Ponder and kept Harvin life would have been great.....too bad about his hip, Seattle is doing it right with him and hopefully he makes a great contribution come play offs. I know Jennings was the pick up when Harvin left and it's nice to see Jennings final contribute but man could we have been deadly with Patterson and Harvin together. I'm just so glad everyone was able to see what type of offense we can have when not forcing the ball through AD all the time...be real interesting the rest of this season and especially next season how our offense will operate...real interesting.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2013, 04:37:43 PM »
Face it Hutch. The Eagles were licking their chops about facing that deplorable secondary and didn't run McCoy like they should. They fell in love with the pass, like Dallas, and lost control of the game. Had Philly got a FG instead of crapping out going for a TD that game could have turned. The Eagles failed to convert like the Vikings have done so often this year...Some of the WORST coaching I've ever seen is going on this year...SMFH

Offline Mercury

• Contributing Member
  • NGS is the Best
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2013, 04:40:58 PM »
Vikings were the epitome of hopelessness with Freeman on that Thursday Night Game of the Week, tainted their whole season. Has been rough proclaiming to ba a Vikings fan this year as a result.never the less the Vikings are a better team than most will give, if they could have held onto a lead with 2 minutes remaining would still be in the playoff hunt...
phi3 mtl2 min1

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2013, 08:25:28 PM »
Face it Hutch. The Eagles were licking their chops about facing that deplorable secondary and didn't run McCoy like they should. They fell in love with the pass, like Dallas, and lost control of the game. Had Philly got a FG instead of crapping out going for a TD that game could have turned. The Eagles failed to convert like the Vikings have done so often this year...Some of the WORST coaching I've ever seen is going on this year...SMFH

The Eagles still threw for 428 yards so they were moving the ball....the Dallas game was a lot different in that the cowboys where up huge and the Eagles were down 18 with 4 mins left in the 3rd. We put up 48 points without AD or Gerhart.....and averaging 2.4 yards a run...our feature back averaged 1.7 yards a carry.......The Eagles secondary is average at best and what this proves is we have a very talented WR unit and took advantage of that. Cassel is average at best but in a short time he has gain solid chemestry with our number 1 WR in Jennings and Patterson along with others are showing what they are capable of.......If AD does come back it will be interesting to see how many 8 man fronts we will see and if we do how they will attack it.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2013, 08:27:57 PM »
Cowboys freakin blew that game......Being up what they were and not running the football was just pathetic. Romo needs to go and so does the owner.

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2013, 09:03:59 AM »
The Cowboys loss should go on the coach! Why the hell would you move away from a game plan that has you up 26-3? Romo has proven that he chokes at key times and he will always be known for that, but he has played pretty well for most of his career. I would be only too happy to trade him for #7.
min1 stl3

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2013, 12:37:28 PM »
The Eagles still threw for 428 yards so they were moving the ball....the Dallas game was a lot different in that the cowboys where up huge and the Eagles were down 18 with 4 mins left in the 3rd. We put up 48 points without AD or Gerhart.....and averaging 2.4 yards a run...our feature back averaged 1.7 yards a carry.......The Eagles secondary is average at best and what this proves is we have a very talented WR unit and took advantage of that. Cassel is average at best but in a short time he has gain solid chemestry with our number 1 WR in Jennings and Patterson along with others are showing what they are capable of.......If AD does come back it will be interesting to see how many 8 man fronts we will see and if we do how they will attack it.

It will be interesting, if AP even plays again this year? Like I've been saying. What Cassel has that #7 doesn't is confidence when he hits the last step of the drop to deliver the football on time in a tight window. Check Down Charlie ALWAYS waits an extra beat and then the timing is gone. Jennings made a living with that in Green Bay. You could see how much Jennings hated playing with #7. Finally the Vikings see what all of have said from week 3. Cassel gives them a better chance to win. Nobody claimed he was the savior, but how much did the coaches have dwell on their shitty pre ordained starting QB. I took from Cassel's words after the Steeler game that he felt he should have always been the starter...(paraphrasing) "Now that's what we should have been doing all along. Feels a lot different, huh?"

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2013, 12:52:07 PM »
Vikings were the epitome of hopelessness with Freeman on that Thursday Night Game of the Week, tainted their whole season. Has been rough proclaiming to ba a Vikings fan this year as a result.never the less the Vikings are a better team than most will give, if they could have held onto a lead with 2 minutes remaining would still be in the playoff hunt...

I don't feel that way. This team has struggled on offense staying on the field, and on defense getting off the field, all on 3rd down. I understand the NFL is as competitive as any sport out there. Teams are separated by 1 score most weeks, unless you are superior in talent, like what Seattle has going on. The good teams win in blowout fashion when the pressure is turned up. Why? Because they make plays! The Vikings have not been able to make plays consistently enough more often than not. Their core and depth is in question. The next man up theory doesn't exist at Winter Park. The next man up is no where near the caliber player this team needs. I loathe watching Marcus Sherels TRY to cover. Same goes with Josh Robinson a starter for much of the year. The LBs have left much to be desired too. No pressure means the already poor secondary has to TRY to cover even longer than they can and that means huge numbers for the opposing offenses. While I do like the offense that being amassed they need 2 starting guards and depth behind them.

Now we come to the elephant in the room. I don't see how this coaching staff is allowed in the state of Minnesota next year. The legislature should place them in exile. NEVER allow them to cross state lines again! Spielman released the starting MLB a week before he was named the starter following a bone headed move by the man that the starter. He wouldn't start for ANY other team in this league even at his former position, WLB. This defense is pretty much as bad as it can be. No way to get all they need in 1 draft and free agency. NT, WLB, MLB, SS, LCB and depth to go along with. These are starting positions that need addressed.

I'd say that the Eagle took the Vikings lightly and they paid the price. The defense still gave up 30+ and until there is stability at the GM, head coach , and QB positions this team will continue to struggle. I HATE IT TOO!...SKOL Brother!

Offline VeN 1473

• Backup
  • I do what I do
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2013, 06:12:51 PM »

I honestly don't. Not even the slightest. I might feel a little different if we didn't have Patterson, but I would take Greg Jennings and Xavier Rhodes every day of the week over Percy Harvin. Neither of those two have chucked a weight at a coaches head or took to Twittier demanding a trade, disappeared for a day, then come back trying to play it off like it was nothing and trying to blame it all on the media and fans overreacting. I stuck up for him quite a bit during his migraine issues because my dad has them terrible, so I have seen what they can do to a person, but I don't believe that crap for a second anymore. It was weird how they came about during training camp a year after he saw how Favre was able to skip camp and then come back to play like he did in 2009.

I don't care if he has all the talent in the world. I don't care if Adrian Peterson thinks he is the greatest to ever play the game. Fact is he was far more valuable as a kick returner than he was as a receiver, and Patterson is just as good at returning kicks as he is. Patterson definitely isn't the receiver Harvin is, but he could be over time. I am incredibly happy that lil punk isn't on the Vikings team anymore.

I'm not saying that I am glad Ponder and Frazier are on this team, but I will take Ponder's work ethic, attitude, and talent over Harvin's work ethic, attitude, and talent every day.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2013, 07:39:42 PM »
I honestly don't. Not even the slightest. I might feel a little different if we didn't have Patterson, but I would take Greg Jennings and Xavier Rhodes every day of the week over Percy Harvin. Neither of those two have chucked a weight at a coaches head or took to Twittier demanding a trade, disappeared for a day, then come back trying to play it off like it was nothing and trying to blame it all on the media and fans overreacting. I stuck up for him quite a bit during his migraine issues because my dad has them terrible, so I have seen what they can do to a person, but I don't believe that crap for a second anymore. It was weird how they came about during training camp a year after he saw how Favre was able to skip camp and then come back to play like he did in 2009.

I don't care if he has all the talent in the world. I don't care if Adrian Peterson thinks he is the greatest to ever play the game. Fact is he was far more valuable as a kick returner than he was as a receiver, and Patterson is just as good at returning kicks as he is. Patterson definitely isn't the receiver Harvin is, but he could be over time. I am incredibly happy that lil punk isn't on the Vikings team anymore.

I'm not saying that I am glad Ponder and Frazier are on this team, but I will take Ponder's work ethic, attitude, and talent over Harvin's work ethic, attitude, and talent every day.

Thank goodness.....We were starting to agree on everything, about time something popped up we disagree on......beginning to get a little worried :)

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2013, 07:41:19 PM »

Amen iVeN.  A-Freaking-Men.
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2013, 07:43:04 PM »
It will be interesting, if AP even plays again this year? Like I've been saying. What Cassel has that #7 doesn't is confidence when he hits the last step of the drop to deliver the football on time in a tight window. Check Down Charlie ALWAYS waits an extra beat and then the timing is gone. Jennings made a living with that in Green Bay. You could see how much Jennings hated playing with #7. Finally the Vikings see what all of have said from week 3. Cassel gives them a better chance to win. Nobody claimed he was the savior, but how much did the coaches have dwell on their chitty pre ordained starting QB. I took from Cassel's words after the Steeler game that he felt he should have always been the starter...(paraphrasing) "Now that's what we should have been doing all along. Feels a lot different, huh?"

It feels a lot different...this was the first game in a long time that I really enjoyed the way the offense played and operated. being on the road in Cinci I hope the Vikings don't revert back to forcing the run again...by the sounds of it AD will be playing but I really hope he doesn't .

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2013, 07:45:50 PM »
Add in the fact he hasn't played at all this season except v the Vikes and was pedestrian besides that one kick return. Vikings were better off without. I was hoping the Vikings would take Patterson somehow.  And I do not care the amount we traded to get him because the way they draft depth.... 1 Patterson is worth about 10 depth players the Vikings draft.
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2013, 07:47:56 PM »
It feels a lot different...this was the first game in a long time that I really enjoyed the way the offense played and operated. being on the road in Cinci I hope the Vikings don't revert back to forcing the run again...by the sounds of it AD will be playing but I really hope he doesn't .

I don't think they will, but I foresee Cassel doing what he does, and that is not playing consistent and end up down early making us pass more late leading to INTs.... Cassel was awesome, but he will come back to reality.  Bengals defense is better than the Eagles. And more hard nosed...

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2013, 07:49:48 PM »
Am I the only one that would welcome Harvin back with open arms???   I'd even take Childress back again too..

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2013, 07:56:52 PM »
I don't think they will, but I foresee Cassel doing what he does, and that is not playing consistent and end up down early making us pass more late leading to INTs.... Cassel was awesome, but he will come back to reality.  Bengals defense is better than the Eagles. And more hard nosed...

You may be right Simmion.....The Vikings have been awful on the road this year and Cinci really needs this game. I can handle if Cassel where to have an off game but I will lose it if the coaches call a pathetic game. You can't run a real conservative game and restrict your QB for 3 quarters then expect him to be able to totally air it out and light up a defense all of the sudden......chemestry, timing , flow just doesn't work that way.....but's that what you get when you have a defensive minded HC like Frazier running the show.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2013, 08:13:15 PM »
Am I the only one that would welcome Harvin back with open arms???   I'd even take Childress back again too..

I would if he stopped being a dbag and stopped yelling at coaches and talking to the media about how he hates the QB and making everything public.  Seriously he didn't know how to shut up.  I saw a video of Cordarrell Patterson where he went through the entire Winter Park doing low fives.  Nothing but positive energy and attitude.  I don't think I saw Harvin once having a positive attitude.  Only time he would, is probably when someone was spotting him some free weed. I can see him even being a dbag to Russell Wilson.  No way would I want that guy on this team back.  He is probably the most athletic guy I've seen, but far from the most talented.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2013, 08:14:24 PM »
[quote   Nothing but positive energy and attitude..
[/quote]

And he Patterson is damn near close to being as athletic as Harvin.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2013, 08:42:16 PM »
I would if he stopped being a dbag and stopped yelling at coaches and talking to the media about how he hates the QB and making everything public.  Seriously he didn't know how to shut up.  I saw a video of Cordarrell Patterson where he went through the entire Winter Park doing low fives.  Nothing but positive energy and attitude.  I don't think I saw Harvin once having a positive attitude.  Only time he would, is probably when someone was spotting him some free weed. I can see him even being a dbag to Russell Wilson.  No way would I want that guy on this team back.  He is probably the most athletic guy I've seen, but far from the most talented.

I know we are never going to agree on this one and I respect your opinion....they only thing for me is his team mates were fine with him and had no problems with him......outside of maybe Ponder. The guy was a hot head at times went over board but I'd take that for what he brings to the table in talent. That said if he has issues in Seattle then it's be problem......he needed to grow up in some areas and hopefully he has. Time will tell.

Offline VeN 1473

• Backup
  • I do what I do
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2013, 11:23:29 PM »
Thank goodness.....We were starting to agree on everything, about time something popped up we disagree on......beginning to get a little worried :)

Ha well even though I agree the Vikes could shift to more of a passing oriented scheme with the talent they have at receiver and tight end, I still don't think it would be in the Vikings' best interest to trade AD. So we've go that too ha! And I'm sure it is no surprise that I'll echo what Simmion said about welcoming Harvin back. I just don't want it. I honestly don't care how his career turns out. I am not going to wish ill things on him, but he just seems like a little punk that isn't going to get out of his own way. If he does, has a great career, lots of money, stats, and a ring or two... good for him and it sucks he didn't figure that out while he was in Minnesota. But I won't lose any sleep if he bottoms out like Rice did. The funny thing is, I was one of those guys arguing like crazy after 2010 to pay Sidney Rice so he'd stick around because he and Harvin complimented each other perfectly. Like Moss and Welker did with the 2007 Patriots. Maybe they figure it out in Seattle... maybe not.

I do agree with you about the coaching and the style of play I'd like to see from the Vikings though. I just think AD can be more valuable as a part of that scheme versus some draft picks.

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.