Author Topic: 2014 SF Giants  (Read 782 times)

Offline Jeep99tj

• Star
  • I shoulda been a pirate.
Re: 2014 SF Giants
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2014, 07:31:29 PM »
Giants win 12-10 in 11. They hit 6 homers, 2 by Sanchez and Morse and 1 each by Belt and Hicks. Sanchez had the game winning grand slam in the 11th. Romo almost tosses it away by giving up a 2 run shot to Morneau with no outs before closing the door. Back home for a weekend series with the Indians and to celebrate the 60th anniversary of their WS win over the Indians. Friday night is Duane Kuiper bobble head night. Interestingly his bobble head will be in an Indians uniform as they are celebrating the anniversary of his one and only homer in the majors.
I drink tequila and listen to southern rock.
Ain't none y'all funny!
I'm the black Jeep of the family.

Offline ninermanic63

• %*&$##@&^
  • Icon
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2014, 09:33:06 AM »
Nice sweep by the Giants.  On to the Padres.
Everyone should believe in something.  I believe I'll have another beer.

Offline Cali Cat

• Once she sinks her claws in...it's OVER
  • Site Moderator
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2014, 05:05:22 PM »
memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Jeep99tj

• Star
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2014, 05:15:08 PM »
Nice sweep by the Giants.  On to the Padres.

Upside looks like the pitching is slowly coming around. Lincecum still needs to get his pitch count down. 100 pitches by the fifth ain't gonna work. Pence is heating up and it looks like Hicks (we call him B3) is making a strong case for being the every day second baseman. Down side was Belt. They found the hole in his swing and exploited it big time. He'll work through it (I hope) and get back on track.
Ain't none y'all funny!

Offline Jeep99tj

• Star
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2014, 05:16:15 PM »
Some funny stuff on this video!

http://blog.sfgate.com/giants/2014/03/19/see-a-preview-of-the-sf-giants-2014-commercials-here/

Having extra innings I get to see the Giants commercials. They seem to be heads and shoulders above some of the other teams.                         
Ain't none y'all funny!

Offline Cali Cat

• Site Moderator
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2014, 05:22:41 PM »
Having extra innings I get to see the Giants commercials. They seem to be heads and shoulders above some of the other teams.                         

I keep posting them because I enjoy them so much, and I figure many others don't get to see them.  The organization definitely has a sense of humor.

This is still my all-time favorite, although there's one from this year, it hasn't been uploaded, yet, which gives it a run for its money, although it's totally different.

memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline ninermanic63

• %*&$##@&^
  • Icon
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2014, 06:17:54 AM »
Keep posting them, Cali.  Hunter Pence cracks me the hell up. 

I don't have Extra Innings anymore.  I live in Iowa and in case you didn't know, Iowa is blackout hell.  We are claimed by 6 teams as their "home territory", Twins, Brewers, Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals and Royals.  So if the Giants are playing a game at one of those stadiums, it's blacked out on Extra Innings, even the telecast with the SF crew.  You know, because that motivates me to hop in my lear jet and fly to Minneapolis so I can watch the game in person.

Throw in the late start times (for me) with many of the Giants homes games or vs divisional foes and it was amazing how many Giants games I didn't watch.  The time zone difference is on me, I get that, but the fact that I can't watch Giants at Cubs, Brewers, Cardinals, etc., is inexcusable.  Those cities are 4-5 hours away.

Offline Jeep99tj

• Star
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2014, 10:22:29 PM »
Giants start a 9 gme road trip with a 2-1 win at Atlanta. Morse and Pagan each go yard. Lincecum throws 6 solid innings for the win and The Serg gets the save. Nice way to start the road trip after a 5-1 home stand.
Ain't none y'all funny!

Offline Jeep99tj

• Star
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2014, 08:05:55 PM »
Giants sweep the Braves. They score 9 runs, hit 7 homeruns of which 6 were solo. The starting pitching is coming around. The Giants did place Cain on the 15 day DL today because of the cut on his finger. On to Pittsburgh for a three game set.

I do want to apologize. I stated in an earlier post the Giants are on a 9 game road trip. It is actually a 10 game with the final 4 in LA.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 09:01:41 PM by Jeep99tj »
Ain't none y'all funny!

Offline ninermanic63

• %*&$##@&^
  • Icon
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2014, 06:54:04 AM »
The Giants are playing solid baseball right now.  That was a very nice sweep in Atlanta.

Offline Jeep99tj

• Star
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2014, 04:19:09 PM »
yes they are. Solid pitching when the bats aren't putting up big runs. The pen has been outstanding. Gutierrez, Lopez, Machi, Petit, Affeldt, Casilla and Romo have been lights out. I think Bochy has his middle relief set until the starters arms finally catch up.
Ain't none y'all funny!

Offline ninermanic63

• %*&$##@&^
  • Icon
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2014, 12:25:42 PM »
I sure hope the starters catch up.  The Giants need a couple of CGs thrown in here and there.  The bullpen has been lights out but I'm afraid they'll wear down as the season progresses, especially during the dog days.

The one guy I'm most worried about is Cain.  Triangle sandwiches aside, he's had a slow start.  I wrote off last season to World Series fatigue but the inconsistency has continued into this one.  I'm not going into a panic or anything, I just wish he would start pitching like he's capable of.

Offline Jeep99tj

• Star
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2014, 05:20:31 PM »
I think he will. The big problem I see with him and Lincecum are pitch counts. They go too deep in the counts on hitters. Trying to be too fine with their itches gets them in trouble. Bochy will continue to carry 13 pitchers until he sees that he can let one go for another bench player. Right now though he has it where he likes it and can make the moves he needs to. Last night he used his bench and ended up using Bumgarner to pinch hit but in the end it all worked out. He's managing a lot like he did in 2010 and 2012 when it seemed just about everything he did was golden.
Ain't none y'all funny!

Offline ninermanic63

• %*&$##@&^
  • Icon
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2014, 06:33:40 AM »
7-3 road trip, including taking 3 of 4 at Chavez Ravine.  Not too shabby.

Offline Jeep99tj

• Star
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2014, 10:58:29 AM »
7-3 road trip, including taking 3 of 4 at Chavez Ravine.  Not too shabby.

Great game yesterday. Up 4-2 in the bottom of the ninth, the Serg gives up a 2 run homer to Rameriz to send it into extra innings. They end up scoring 3 in the top of the tenth and Machi closes it out. This team has character and won't give up until the last out is made.
Ain't none y'all funny!

Offline ninermanic63

• %*&$##@&^
  • Icon
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2014, 06:55:15 AM »
Interesting series coming up.  Strength vs strength.  The Giants are throwing out the teeth of their rotation and the Rockies are scoring in bunches at Coors. 

Offline Jeep99tj

• Star
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2014, 06:38:19 PM »
Giants win 6-4 and sweep the Mets. They are 42-21 and have the best record in baseball. This is a fun team to watch. They don't give up in fact all 3 wins against the Mets were come from behind with the Giants winning on a Posey HR friday in the 8th and a Morse single last night in the bottom of the ninth. If you get a chance watch this team take the time to watch. Pence, Morse, Panda, the Serg and all the rest are a breath of fresh air from all the deep pocketed teams.
Ain't none y'all funny!

Offline ninermanic63

• %*&$##@&^
  • Icon
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2014, 07:14:24 AM »
There's a Rockies fan here at work that tried to troll me with some article calling the Giants the luckiest team in baseball.  I asked where it was posted and who wrote it.  He said it was at a Rockies blog written by a Rockies fan.  LMFAO.  No bias there.

He wants so much for there to be a rivalry between the Rockies and Giants. 

Offline Cali Cat

• Site Moderator
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2014, 03:10:30 PM »
The rivalry between the Giants and Dodgers (F*** the Dodgers) is so storied and heated, it doesn't leave much room to despise another team.
There were a number of years a few years back when it looked like the D-Backs would become a legitimate rival, but they've had such down years, lately, that's kind of dissipated.
memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Jeep99tj

• Star
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2014, 03:19:52 PM »
Nothing could take the place of the Giants/Dodgers rivalry. There was a player on the Dodgers that has the same last name as me and people would ask if we were related. I'd say no because no relative of mine would ever play for the Dodgers.
Ain't none y'all funny!

Offline Cali Cat

• Site Moderator
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2014, 03:35:32 PM »
I agree...nothing could ever take the place of the Giants/Dodgers rivalry. 
I was just thinking there was a time when the D-Backs could have come in a very, very, exceptionally distant second.
memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline ninermanic63

• %*&$##@&^
  • Icon
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2014, 06:04:37 AM »
Of all the rival teams on my list, the Dodgers are the only one where if I see someone wearing an LA hat, I will walk up to them and say "That is one butt ugly hat you have there."  Total strangers, too.  Maybe it's a good thing I don't live in LA.

Offline kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Coach
  • See y'all later, TS65 and tg
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2014, 11:22:00 AM »
Maybe it's a good thing I don't live in LA.

And they say Giants fans are dumb   grin1
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

LIVE FREE OR DIE

As a general rule of thumb, it’s a bad idea to try to rob the home of people who decorate with animal skulls."

Offline ninermanic63

• %*&$##@&^
  • Icon
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2014, 06:35:02 AM »
I guess that's one way to avoid getting swept by the Padres.  Maybe that will help snap the starters out of their recent funk.

Offline Coach

• Contributing Member
  • Hall of Famer
  • Let's Go Caps!
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2014, 09:07:12 AM »
I guess that's one way to avoid getting swept by the Padres.  Maybe that will help snap the starters out of their recent funk.

LOL! Have the Padres swept anyone this year?
They got to have the worst lineup in MLB.
duke1 memphis1  wsh1  wsh2  bal3