Author Topic: 2010 and 2011 Draft Picks and Rick Spielman  (Read 1199 times)

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
Re: 2010 and 2011 Draft Picks and Rick Spielman
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2014, 08:40:37 PM »
Your gonna give yourself an ulcer Koko.........

Offline kokomodan

• Star
  • Where the white women at?
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2014, 07:36:42 AM »
Probably?...What I'm seeing is more of the same from Spielman. When they drafted Ponder everyone should have known. Watch Gruden laugh when the pick is made. That pretty much tells the story. Then he tried to cover up his enjoyment knowing that Spielman was out classed on draft day in 2011...Go back and really look at that Dolphin team and the deals he  made. Similar scenario as here in Minnesota...Deals that never panned out. QBs that failed. Seemingly solid selections that never made it...That's why he was 4-12 there and Ricky Williams quit...
min1          stl3          indiana1

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2014, 07:43:44 AM »
2004 with Miami, 4-12...after Chilly's debacle at 6-10 Spielman drafts Ponder. 2011 3-13...2012 10-6 by the grace of AP. That team should have been 6-10! 2013 5-10-1...His record as a GM of note is 22-41-1...How do people continue to defend that? It's really beyond me! That's NOT what I'd consider the record you'd want for your GM. The only way those are GOOD numbers are if they are for your combination lock!

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2014, 01:51:51 PM »
2004 with Miami, 4-12...after Chilly's debacle at 6-10 Spielman drafts Ponder. 2011 3-13...2012 10-6 by the grace of AP. That team should have been 6-10! 2013 5-10-1...His record as a GM of note is 22-41-1...How do people continue to defend that? It's really beyond me! That's NOT what I'd consider the record you'd want for your GM. The only way those are GOOD numbers are if they are for your combination lock!

IMO the past is past......we had a very solid draft IMO last season, we have a top end kicker in Walsh........Everything is about what have you done for me lately and in Ricks case his most recent lately thus far has panned out ok.......like him or not he will be part of then Vikings for atleast 2 more years anyway...personally I think |Spielman will end up doing well moving forward...IMO time to put the past in the past and look forward to a solid team in a few years.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2014, 06:14:33 PM »
Your gonna give yourself an ulcer Koko.........

Haha!
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline mst3m1

• Adapt to talent
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2014, 01:37:35 PM »
Hearing what some players are saying maybe there is talent there that hasn't been utilized.  That pathetic Tampa 2 is a joke and when they had the lead they played a ridiculous prevent which allowed the offense to dictate.  The Tampa 2 is dead because it's been figured out and I can only imagine offensive coordinators playing the Vikings the last couple years saying, "Are they seriously staying in this defense?"  Frazier needed players to fit his system, which is a horrible way to coach.  Zimmer has already been saying he knows how to fit a defense around certain players.  You can't draft the best player when you have to delete certain talents since they won't work for a stubborn and/or simple coach who doesn't have the skill to adapt.     
"Apes don't read philosophy." "Yes they do, Otto. They just don't understand it."

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2014, 12:08:10 PM »
What has happened to the Tampa 2 is this. It relys heavily on hard hitting safeties that used to be able to patrol the field and have no reprecussions when laying the wood. The only real soft spot was the deep out as everyone is responsible for an area. Only the more accurate QBs could consistently hit those spots. You know, the ones Ponder couldn't throw? Now that the rules have changed to protect the defenseless receiver the safeties have been relagated to a personal foul waiting to happen...Rules change to make offenses more prolific and the teeth of a solid defense are plucked like bad molars...Then again your safeties have to be built to take a pounding also. Smith has had some issues in this area as did Bob Sanders...

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2014, 11:38:31 AM »
I know the Vikings received Patterson, but Logan Ryan was one of the Picks the Patriots received and he had 5 INTs and  forced fumble last year...That's better than any CB the Vikings have had in a few years...

But who were to say we got someone with that caliber.  I won't judge after that fact. Patterson was a great pick up in my opinion and out weighs what the Vikings COULD HAVE drafted.
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2014, 12:30:43 PM »
Thought he was also, but the Vikings can not continue to miss on the later rounds and in FA rookies year after year...I'd offer that Ryan played better than Rhodes and Floyd put together for impact plays...The production of Floyd was disappointing  in my opinion, perhaps that's why he slid to the Vikings last year? The draft this year at least had a look of reason to it...

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2014, 01:07:05 PM »
Maybe he did.  Although, you can say they ran a different defense as far as CBs go maybe letting them more free reign.  But even then, those two first picks are what we had already.  I would have drafted the same guys Spiels did with those two picks.  I also think Floyd will benefit with an actual DT that is meant for that other position in Linval, but he was still disappointing.  I agree still, we have to start hitting on our late round picks.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2014, 10:34:04 AM »
Perhaps with a guy like Zimmer having a back bone, and the probability of Spielman really being on the hot seat, coupled with a perceived offensive guru in Norv Turner, the Vikings actually put their brain power together to start something a bunch more consistent moving forward?...When Spielman gained all the power, after Chilly's demise, this team turned in a way I was completely uncomfortable with...I'm going out on a limb here, but I truly believe that Bridgewater will move this team toward championaship status with 5 years. Unless Spielman somehow sabotages the organization by releasing AP in the next 3 years...Should they move in that direction I only hope that AP gets a shot with a contender and wins a Super Bowl and scores a TD unlike how Walter Payton was dissed by the Bears back in 85...

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.