Author Topic: To the NGS Powers that be...  (Read 437 times)

Offline red hessian

• Professional Lawn Darts
  • Coach
  • Sharpens you up for a bit of the old ultraviolence
  • Pickems Record: eleventy
To the NGS Powers that be...
« on: April 19, 2014, 04:10:23 PM »
so guys, is there a way to erase what comes up in my "Show new replies to your posts" area?

I mean, there probably is and I just am too stupid to figure it out, but I'd love to know how.

I dunno about any others, but this is my main shortcut to get to the threads I typically post on. If I click and nothing comes up, then I know nobody had responded. Otherwise hunting can be tedious. I know, I know. Waaaah.

However, there are a few threads I'd LOVE to take off of my "recents". Specific ones. Like this particular one once somebody responds and answers my question, for example. I know I can just block the Bulletin Boards, but I don't want to go that far! What if I want to see something on the Bulletin Board later, y'know?

So can I do this? Is there an 'uncheck' thingamajig I'm missin? Or is this too much to ask and I should just click "Mark All As Read" and stop whining.
Light fuse, get away

Offline 44Diesels

• COUNTRY STRONG !
  • Site Moderator
  • Icon
Re: To the NGS Powers that be...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 04:12:48 PM »
so guys, is there a way to erase what comes up in my "Show new replies to your posts" area?

I mean, there probably is and I just am too stupid to figure it out, but I'd love to know how.

I dunno about any others, but this is my main shortcut to get to the threads I typically post on. If I click and nothing comes up, then I know nobody had responded. Otherwise hunting can be tedious. I know, I know. Waaaah.

However, there are a few threads I'd LOVE to take off of my "recents". Specific ones. Like this particular one once somebody responds and answers my question, for example. I know I can just block the Bulletin Boards, but I don't want to go that far! What if I want to see something on the Bulletin Board later, y'know?

So can I do this? Is there an 'uncheck' thingamajig I'm missin? Or is this too much to ask and I should just click "Mark All As Read" and stop whining.
I believe blocking the board is your only option.
wsh1  pit2  wsh1  atl3  wsh1

Offline red hessian

• Coach
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 04:13:34 PM »
I figured as much. thanks, D!
Light fuse, get away

Offline Fog

• RIP TS65
  • Administrator
  • Coach
  • Selfies R Cool
  • Pickems Record: 12/16
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 04:18:26 PM »
There is probably a couple of things you can do...

after you click on recent replies look to the upper right if you click on "mark all replies read"

then if you want to ignore a board you can go to your profile

NGS Forums » Profile » Ignore Boards Options
NAPA KNOW HOW sea1

Offline red hessian

• Coach
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 04:22:18 PM »
appreciated, fog!

I've been looking at that as an option, but ignoring a whole board is a little overkill in many instances. There are a lot of threads I like, and many are fleeting. I don't want to ignore the board as then I'll miss out on the others, y'know? I just want to trim a few. I know. I'm nitpicking. I don't mean to be. I was just seeing if there was a way to accomplish deleting a few threads without deleting the whole board.

Perhaps like an 'unpin' area that I wasn't seeing.

It's really no biggie.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 04:23:54 PM by red hessian »
Light fuse, get away