Author Topic: Stanton vs Fernandez  (Read 88 times)

Offline blacktopbully

• Icon
  • The Grandbabies :)
Stanton vs Fernandez
« on: April 21, 2014, 01:00:52 PM »
I know the Marlins are not very good, but they have two of the most exciting young players in the game in pitcher Jose Fernandez and right fielder and slugger Giancarlo Stanton.... If you were starting a team, which guy would you rather have?

Personally, I would take Fernandez. Normally I take the slugger since pitching is really an un-natural movement and injuries are becoming so much more prelevant, but this kid is electric... and the excitment he brings to the park is amazing. The park is a pitchers paradise and his stuff is nasty. He was 12-6 on last years HORRIBLE Marlins team and did not a single home game!

Stanton is a great building block to a team.. He'll be in the 3 or 4 spot for years to come and if he stays healthy, he'll hit 35-40 bombs and drive in 110-120 per year for years and years to come..

Who you would guys take?
Hello. I'm Bully. What's your name?

Offline kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Coach
  • See y'all later, TS65 and tg
Re: Stanton vs Fernandez
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 04:17:51 PM »
Fernandez    Pitching it's always pitching
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

LIVE FREE OR DIE

As a general rule of thumb, it’s a bad idea to try to rob the home of people who decorate with animal skulls."

Offline FOREPLUS

• Site Moderator
  • Icon
  • LADY SPORTSTER
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 10:57:29 AM »
Fernandez. The pitchers is the quarterback of baseball. Start with them and then fill in the rest.
In order:
Pitcher
1st or thirds
Third or 1st
Centerfield
nym3 nyg1 notredame1 nyr2

Offline blacktopbully

• Icon
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 03:11:22 PM »
Fernandez. The pitchers is the quarterback of baseball. Start with them and then fill in the rest.
In order:
Pitcher
1st or thirds
Third or 1st
Centerfield

I always felt build up the middle (C, 2B, SS, CF) and fill in the rest.... That is not including pitchers, though..

The reason I asked about Stanton is because he is such a different player... A Latin player in a hugely Latin town and wildly popular.. A different type of slugger for sure. He is young and ready to hit 50 jacks a year for years and years to come. Only Fernandez could knock him off the cover of the Marlins media guide!

He is more of a sure thing... but yes, gotta take the pitcher.... but what a consolation prize! Ever watch MLB Network? They show his every at-bat!

Offline FOREPLUS

• Site Moderator
  • Icon
  • LADY SPORTSTER
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 07:04:21 PM »
Watch it every night. 

Offline blacktopbully

• Icon
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 12:17:05 PM »
Personally, I would take Fernandez. Normally I take the slugger since pitching is really an un-natural movement and injuries are becoming so much more prelevant

Wow. Hernandez done for the year as he needs Tommy John surgery. This is really too bad for him, the Fish and MLB. What a devestating injury.

Offline FOREPLUS

• Site Moderator
  • Icon
  • LADY SPORTSTER
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 05:49:43 PM »
The pitchers of today just don't know how to prep for a season. Baseball is a Marathon not a sprint. Kids these days figure they can go out throw as hard as possible and hand it to the bullpen. There is no finesse anymore.

Offline Coach

• Contributing Member
  • Hall of Famer
  • Let's Go Caps!
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 08:13:15 AM »
I would take Fernandez first, (before this injury happened) but I'm an O's fan and we are desperate for good starting pitchers...lol.

Seriously, I love Camden yards. It's still gotta be one of the best parks to experience a game. But it's hitters paradise, and no pitchers want to pitch there. Been that way since shortly after it's birth. I'd say after Coors field, it's 2nd to last in desired places for pitchers to play at.
duke1 memphis1  wsh1  wsh2  bal3