Author Topic: Storm Season  (Read 2355 times)

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Re: Storm Season
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2015, 10:06:52 PM »
Getting closer.  If we could shake this damn cold..

I remember well in 2012 there was a huge outbreak in RR's area right at the start of March.  Had I still been in Columbus I wiuld have been tempted to chase.  That was a super warm winter and the midwest had temps in the 80s by mid March when I got married.  These last couple cold years seem to have adjusted for it.
Don't give up.  Don't ever give up.

If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.

Jim Valvano

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2017, 12:53:53 PM »
We're in the height of storm season now!

ENHANCED risk for today from the Central Plains into the Ozarks and up to the Ohio Valley.

If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.

Jim Valvano

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2017, 12:57:07 PM »
A very strong cold front moving through.  Places like western Kansas and Nebraska will be in the upper 30s, while farther east into places like Tennessee it'll be pushing 90.

Snow in Colorado and northern New Mexico.  This time of year is fascinating!

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2017, 09:15:18 PM »
Thoughts and prayers to those in the Gulf region tonight.

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline River Rat

• Home of 2017 Rats Cup
  • Super Mod
  • Coach
  • Too old for this $&#@
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2017, 09:17:35 PM »

We're going to be talking about this one for years to come.

Went out last night and got really wasted. 
I woke up in the middle of the night next to some chick who was snoring and farting, so I knew I made it home OK.

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2017, 09:21:16 PM »
You are so right RR..I'm worried by the lack of lead time with this one.  Tropical depression to Cat 4 in under 48 hours!

And the Houston mayor is saying don't evacuate?

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline larry lava

• Star
  • RESPECT IS HUGE IN MY BOOKS
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2017, 10:44:56 PM »

Well said Blitz............I think Harvey hits Corpus Christi tonight...... rainin'

We're going to be talking about this one for years to come.

This could be another Katrina RR.......

I finally found the same radar map somewhere else.
This time, it's out of a station in Seattle.

CC.......KIRO TV........good station out of Seattle.... ber

Guys and Gals may I please ask a favour.

Your College Football Fans and could you please Post on "The Thread College Football Community"...
The NCAA season starts next week and the Thread has been really quiet as of late and we need some Quality Poster to give this thoughts about their team.....Predication for 2017 ???.....Who wins NC ???...

The Thread needs some impute as there is only 4 of us right now.......it was a very popular thread a couple of years ago and a lot of ICON Poster have not come back.......I'm just asking if you could Post and give The Thread another try..........you guys and gals are ALL very well respected and it would be great to read your thoughts about the College Football season 2017..........Thank You......... ber

Respect is huge in my books

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2017, 08:11:04 PM »
As I touched on, the mayor of Houston says not to evacuate and now untold people are stranded in a flood of Biblical proportions.  A complete lapse in leadership..I'm at a loss for words.

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2017, 08:13:23 PM »
If that were me and my family in that region I'd have been halfway to Canada by Friday night..

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline larry lava

• Star
  • RESPECT IS HUGE IN MY BOOKS
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2017, 09:13:54 PM »
If that were me and my family in that region I'd have been halfway to Canada by Friday night..

Blitz that is devastating damage.........reminds me of Katrina all over again.....did they learn nothing from New Orleans ???...........this is going to be a HUGE Test for President Trump......

This is only the beginning of Harvey..........yikes.
Respect is huge in my books

ten1   van2   wsh3