Author Topic: Minny Lands SB LII  (Read 602 times)

Offline CHASER

• Star
  • you gotta problem?
  • Pickems Record: 156-95
Minny Lands SB LII
« on: May 20, 2014, 04:28:32 PM »
PFT.com

The NFL has announced that Super Bowl LII will be played in Minnesota.

The game, played in 2018, will be the first Super Bowl in the new Vikings’ stadium in Downtown Minneapolis, which is currently under construction. Minnesota had previously hosted a Super Bowl in the Metrodome.

Minnesota was chosen over New Orleans and Indianapolis. As expected, Indianapolis was voted out in the early rounds of voting, but it was a surprise that Minnesota was able to beat out the bid from New Orleans, which has hosted 10 Super Bowls. New Orleans was founded in 1718, and the 2018 game would have had special significance as a part of the city’s tricentennial celebration.

New Orleans will likely get another Super Bowl soon, but today is the time for Minnesota’s host committee to celebrate. The Super Bowl is heading to Minnesota.

The greatest danger to any faith are the 'faithful'.

Offline VeN 1473

• Backup
  • I do what I do
Re: Minny Lands SB LII
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 05:07:49 PM »
New Orleans was previously 10 for 10 when making it to the final round.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 09:37:14 PM »
New Orleans was previously 10 for 10 when making it to the final round.

They built it up.. they interviewed Brees on ESPN saying that same thing.  300 year anniversary.  YEAH WELL WE FREAKING DESERVE IT THIS TIME!  They had it I heard like 2 years ago?  Eff.  Spread the wealth!!!!   I think we will surprise some folks even with our God forsaken cold weather.  They will appreciate our ice sculptors.  Our winter carnivals.  I am sure tons of bars will create ice bars for the occasion.  GDit they (ESPN) were so certain it was NAWLINS they interviewed their main QB to propaganda the idea.  Mardi Gra might be a great time but that city is trash (I am serious, that is not me trying to defend the Minny SB pick... that city is complete garbage). 
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline Arasmis

• NFC North Champions 4 years running: Green Bay Packers!
  • Battle God
  • Star
  • Is it Football season yet?
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 11:10:16 AM »
I must admit that Minny & St. Paul are really beautiful and clean every time I go through during summer to golf and see customers.  Tons of trees and very nice parks. 

Congrats guys.  Good to see the NFL give a little love to the NFC North.

Offline CMC18V

• Hates stupid people!!!
  • Star
  • I see what you did there!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 10:33:48 PM »
With global warming melting the ice packs NO will be under water by 2018. Lol
If someone tells you they don't like fighting in hockey every other word out of their mouth might be a lie.

Offline Arasmis

• Battle God
  • Star
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 10:49:06 PM »
I find it funny that both Minny & Detroit have hosted a SB with Chicago never getting a sniff. No one wants to play in that crap-hole of a stadium. Last thing I remember was the steel shank found during the Packers game a few seasons ago.

Offline SoCalSaint

• Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 01:32:37 PM »
Way to go Minnesota. Remember,, It wasn't all that long ago that you guys were only a few votes away from losing your team all together. But, don't make the same mistake we made,,,,make sure you keep the lights ON during the game. Trust me,,,,You'll never hear the end of it !!!!!

With global warming melting the ice packs NO will be under water by 2018. Lol

Oh, I don't know about that. Their very good at pumping out the water if that happens.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2014, 09:40:39 AM »
It's been a while SoCal.  Hope all is well.
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline SoCalSaint

• Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 01:22:38 PM »
It's been a while SoCal.  Hope all is well.

Doing great. Seeing as you guys got your stadium thing done, I don't need to come here for updates. Speaking of updates. Remember they were talking about building TWO stadiums here? One in downtown and the other 20 mi. east of LA? Well, the one outside LA is a dead deal. I drove by the property a couple of weeks ago and there were bulldozers and earth movers moving dirt around. But no stadium. Their gonna go with an industrial complex. DAMN  Would have been so nice to NOT have to drive into LA to see a game. But I guess their still going to build the on in LA. Now, who's going to move in ???? My money is still on the Chargers.

OH Yea,,,,,,,,See you guys in week 3.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 01:30:48 PM by SoCalSaint »

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 04:05:34 PM »
Chargers make the most sense in my opinion. 

Back at ya, see ya then.

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 09:09:45 AM »
By the time Minnesota hosts the Super Bowl, the Vikings might even have a team playing in it. Zimmerman seems to be building this team from the ground up and in 4 years they should be in good position to not only host the Super Bowl, but win it!

Skol Vikings!!!  cheer1
min1 stl3

Offline Arasmis

• Battle God
  • Star
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 09:16:40 AM »
Whoa!

Slow down there lil' Buddy!

uwish

Offline bluenosecanuck

• Attention Whore
  • Star
  • Aka SLKaos
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2014, 12:18:35 PM »
Ah, yes....the NFL's super-secret policy of "Build a dome, get a Superbowl" works again.

No, I'm not taking you seriously

Offline VeN 1473

• Backup
  • I do what I do
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2014, 08:32:13 PM »
Ah, yes....the NFL's super-secret policy of "Build a dome, get a Superbowl" works again.

Of course it worked again. Minnesota had that going for them plus put together a stellar plan. Other owners building new stadiums want the same treatment when they get new stadiums built.

And New Orleans let the F*ing power go out... that dump shouldn't have made it as far as it did.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2014, 05:41:42 PM »

And New Orleans let the F*ing power go out... that dump shouldn't have made it as far as it did.

I know,  and I hope SoCalSaint isn't offended when I talk about New Orleans in the manner I do.  But to add, that facility was on par with the Dome.  Yet gets considered every 5 effing years because of the party town it's known as now. 

::EDIT AGAIN::
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 05:48:21 PM by Simmion »

Offline SoCalSaint

• Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2014, 11:09:41 AM »

NO......Threaten to move to LA,,,Then build a dome,,,etc,etc

Offline SoCalSaint

• Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2014, 11:26:11 AM »
I know,  and I hope SoCalSaint isn't offended when I talk about New Orleans in the manner I do.  But to add, that facility was on par with the Dome.  Yet gets considered every 5 effing years because of the party town it's known as now. 

::EDIT AGAIN::

None taken. I don't get it either. How many have been held there?? 9 ?? Its not like NOLA is the only party town in the country. Miami, LA, San Diego ????? I'm just guessing, but I think between those three cities have held,,,what,,,6 or 7 ???

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.