Author Topic: Teddy Bridgewater...  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Simmion

• Star
Teddy Bridgewater...
« on: June 18, 2014, 09:48:22 PM »
I know I am his biggest fan boy on here.  cheer1

First let me start off at saying I know that coaches and video show all the good stuff.  Compliment the good stuff.  I will also state, that I don't give a rats ass about the glove issue.  I honestly don't know why such a big deal is being made of it.  If it helps him, then wear the damn gloves.  ::QUICK TANGENT::  I remember in high school feeling you were a little bitch for wearing gloves as a DB.  "Oh your hands aren't good enough to catch a ball"  Looking back, I am like.  It helped, who gives an Eff?  Same with those who didn't wear sleeves when it was cold.  John Sullivan will never wear sleeves.  He said it on the radio.  I don't care... If you think it makes you look tough I don't see it that way. Play the game the way it makes you succeed the most and feel most comfortable. 

Ok, back to topic.  I have such high hopes for this kid.  I have a good feeling.  Ponder I supported the heck out of because a noobie deserves his time.  I wasn't excited about him because his college level was underwhelming especially at 12 overall, I just wanted him to end our search for a Franchise QB. But, I have been a Bridgewater fan for his last two years in college.  He had something going.  Is it the famous "knack"?  I freaking hope so.  It's probably because we as Vikings fans just don't see this very often.  But there is a different feel about this guy compared to previous QB trials.  Please....pleeaaaase be the guy. 

Aaron Rodgers had his haters when Favre left and I can understand.  He was completely unknown after a legend.  So I know there will be skeptics for a few years.  Bridgewater's comparison by many analysts was Aaron Rodgers.  Hope they are right.
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
Re: Teddy Bridgewater...
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 10:12:13 PM »
Hey Simmion

Man, I wish the preseason could get hear and this year can start to unfold. I've never been this excited about our coaching staff.
Regarding Bridgewater I was hoping for him to sit the first year but now I think I'm swaying on that. I still want him to sit until he's ready because once we go to him there
is no going back. Give Cassell at least the first 4 games. If he plays well and we win a couple of them then keep going with him, if he doesn't play well and or we start out 0-4 then
put in the kid. I'm now on the side of finding out as much about Bridgewater as we can this year. We have to....if we finish the way some "expects predict" we will be looking at a top 3 pick next year. Bridgewater needs to prove he can be that guy and if there is any doubts and we can get one of the top 2 QB's next season IMO you do it. You then have two hopefully talented QB's locked up for 4-5 years. With the exception of Favre we have been QB starved for way to long...we could actually be in a position to have 2 young and talented QB's to work with at a bargain price for many years.

Hopefully Bridgewater makes that leap to the NFL and we can trade a low pick for a boat load of pick next year....any doubts get another one.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 01:51:37 PM »
I am excited about our new coaches too.  Like last time with Ponder.  I wanted to see what Fraizer could do, but I wasn't excited because I knew his defense was the most boring and swiss cheese crap style ever played, but hoped he let his new DC offer some help or new schemes.
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 09:30:28 PM »
I have to agree...it was real different with Frazier. He was a likeable guy but many of us didn't hold out much with with that predictable boring defense and no creditable OC. Now we get Norv and the air coryell (spelling) offense.....this is exciting. Add in Zimmer and players being put to their strengths like Chad Greenway and Robinson it should be fun

Offline CMC18V

• Hates stupid people!!!
  • Star
  • I see what you did there!
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 09:43:09 PM »
I'm still hoping they cut Ponder before training camp. No sense having him there even as an insurance policy. Especially with his misses pentiant for Twitter use.
If someone tells you they don't like fighting in hockey every other word out of their mouth might be a lie.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 05:42:26 AM »
The only thing IMO CMC18V is they are waiting for a team to have an injury that will increase Ponders value. His current year is fully guaranteed so it really does us no good to get rid of him now when everyone is healthy......As long as Cassell and Bridgewater stay healthy Ponder could be around for a few weeks into the season (hopefully not though)...any injury concerns at all with either and Ponder will be will the team all year.

Offline VeN 1473

• Backup
  • I do what I do
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 10:22:25 AM »
I agree that this feels so much different than Ponder. Instead of convincing myself to be excited and give him a shot, I am thrilled that Bridgewater fell when he could have went so much higher.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 07:42:29 PM »
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000360769/article/turner-vikings-trying-to-get-peterson-in-passing-game

This is why I'm so excited about Norv Turner.......No more AD being a two down back that just runs the ball. Turners offense will force him to be a 3 down back and if Turner succeeds and AD succeeds we have a real good chance of another AD winning offensive player or MVP. I'm not sure he can be a 3 down back but if anyone can help him it's Turner.

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 08:30:27 PM »
I'm surprised and happy that at this point Bridgewater has had nothing but rave reviews, this has a chance to be really fun. I was listening to the my local sports radio recently , and the guy was talking to a writer for the Oakland Tribune he said I heard you were at ... and you saw Johnny Manziel what did you think? his answer,  I'm sure glad we drafted Carr,        go Vikes.
PAGE NAMED NFLS MVP — In 1971 Alan Page became the first defensive player to be named the Most Valuable Player of the National Football League by the Associated Press. Page headed a Vikings defense that held opponents to fewer than 10 points a game.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 06:44:16 PM »
I'm surprised and happy that at this point Bridgewater has had nothing but rave reviews, this has a chance to be really fun. I was listening to the my local sports radio recently , and the guy was talking to a writer for the Oakland Tribune he said I heard you were at ... and you saw Johnny Manziel what did you think? his answer,  I'm sure glad we drafted Carr,        go Vikes.

Johnny Football comes off as such a douche.  Answering a "phone" of a stack of bills saying he can't hear because of all the money he has.  Maybe his little clique thinks thats funny. And the way it sounds thats all he cares about.  But the rest of the world just thinks you are dumb.  I mean I do a giant ::Eye Roll:: and SMH every time I hear of one of his stunts. 

He's that guy in a group of friends who is just there to do dumb stuff, like stick a plunger to his stomach,  head butt a tree, throws champagne on a group of strangers thinking we'd laugh that someone famous is doing it to us.  He laughs as if he is cool, everyone else just thinks he's a loser (but a winner depending on his talent!?!?!).   I would not get along with him,  I know it for a fact.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 07:02:29 PM »
I take that back.  He comes off as the guy who has "friends" he sticks the plunger to, laughs at the guy head butting the tree, but still throws champagne on you. 

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 07:34:05 PM »
I'm not a fan of Johnny Football but I will say this about him, he has no problem putting himself on the line to either win big or lose big. Personally I don't think he has the physical talent to be a top end QB in the NFL but that's just my opinion.......What I do like is he has total confidence in himself and isn't afraid to put it out there for someone to knock it down....bring it on...so far in his college career no one has been able to knock it down so you have to give the guy props for that....I'll wait to judge him after his second year as we all know every defender  will be gunning for him...I kinda thinks he likes it that way. Am I glad we didn't draft him?  YES   But that's purely on his skill set IMO that doesn't fit our team or OC . I do love his attitude though and think he's young and should be able to enjoy himself anyway he likes ...so far I haven't witnessed him being ignorant or disrespectful to anyone.......he's young and enjoying his celebrity status and so he should.....I can't wait to see if he can back it up on the field.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2014, 09:14:54 PM »
I agree he can do what he wants as long as it's not detrimental to the team.   But there was a story of him doing what I said, Pouring champagne on a group of bar goers.  I would not tolerate that and would want to upper cut his lower jaw, but I am sure he has an entourage that protects him as he smiles behind his beefy body guards.   And I have seen these type of guys (at the D2 level mind you) and I am confident in how I described him.  No one should dictate that you can't have fun.  But I still hold belief he is a douche.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2014, 09:20:58 PM »
The Rundown has a scene where The Rock goes after a QB who has a championship ring but needs to give it up because of debt. That is the exact scene I picture what I think of Johnny Football.

Cheap movie but one of my most favorite scenes of all time.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2014, 11:53:11 AM »
The Rundown has a scene where The Rock goes after a QB who has a championship ring but needs to give it up because of debt. That is the exact scene I picture what I think of Johnny Football.

Cheap movie but one of my most favorite scenes of all time.

That movie was awesome......No matter how many things I see the other guy in he'll always be Stiffler to me lol......I must have missed the incedent at the bar with Manzeil.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 07:29:01 PM »
That movie was awesome......No matter how many things I see the other guy in he'll always be Stiffler to me lol......I must have missed the incedent at the bar with Manzeil.

Lol!  I think the exact same thing regarding Stiffler. HAHA!

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2014, 02:27:29 PM »
Lol!  I think the exact same thing regarding Stiffler. HAHA!

The American pie series are the funniest movies I've ever watched...even the later ones with different characters were very funny.....Naked Mile is my favourite followed by american wedding.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
  • Where the white women at?
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2014, 06:33:33 AM »
I get the feeling that perhaps the Vikings are better than many imagine this year. Something tells me that similar to the 49ers a couple years ago when Kaepernick took over toward the back half of the season the Vikings may well do the same. The player ceiling is what is involved. Teddy may be special and we won't know till we know. (That's a statement like, It is what it is) If the Vikings are in a playoff push perhaps we see the future of the Vikings in full bloom late in the year. I still refuse to try to predict the season even before the roster is set, but let the Vikings get thru that 1st brutal 6 game stretch and the gauge may be there for all to see? SKOL Brother!
min1          stl3          indiana1

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2014, 07:30:37 AM »
Have to agree about the season...it really is impossible to try and predict......We could struggle trying to gel early on both sides of the ball or we could surprise a lot of teams early as everything will be new for them to try and game plan against. Playing outside in the cold later in the year should be interesting, the Vikings have struggled playing out doors but there is a huge difference being out doors and the visiting team and being out doors and the home team with the crowd noise in your favor. Really hope Teddy is the answer...we need an answer at that position...too many questions for too long.

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2014, 08:17:09 AM »
Hey Guys,

I agree with you on everything on this thread! I am excited about Teddy and the coaches. I haven't said that about a Vikings coach since Bud Grant. Speaking of Grant, I think Zimmer reminds me of him (Grant) when I see pictures of him (Zimmer) walking the sidelines in a ball cap. I can see the beginnings of a very good team. cheer1
min1 stl3

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2014, 08:24:05 AM »
Zimmer reminds me more of Parcells in a way. Maybe a little more high strung? I'm just hoping the talent prior to this draft comes along in leaps and bounds. Floyd has to play better, as does Rhodes. I know he looked better toward the end of the year, but it has to be consistent. Smith needs to stay healthy as well. LB, and I know I sound like a broken record, but LB has to be much better for the Vikings to be any sort of decent. I just can't wait for the Teddy era to begin. I said he was the best QB in the draft and now I'm waiting for him to prove me correct...

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2014, 10:34:51 AM »
What I am most curious about is Zimmer having Josh Robinson reported to be the starting outside CB on the right side.  Everyone and their grandma was telling Fraizer that Robinson doesn't belong in the nickel spot. But what who cares, right?  I am excited to see if Zimmer can make him an outside guy that can use his speed on faster WRs.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/07/manziels-latest-vegas-trip-creates-an-interesting-photo/

Back to Johnny Football, Hutch.  It's stories like this that make me sigh of relief.  I won't pass judgement because who knows, he could have been rolling those dollar bills to be shoved up some stripper's cooch and not snorting coke (what everyone is assuming).  But the fact he is caught in the act of doing something that could potentially hurt my teams future before playing a down of training camp. 

Meanwhile Teddy B's controversy is only in the news because a writer all of a sudden  re-wondered why he said he didn't want to go Cleveland 1 and a half months ago, and that he plays video games to improve his game.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2014, 10:47:49 AM »
I am actually almost positive he was rolling those things up just to be used at a strip joint.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2014, 03:56:04 PM »
Manzeil is a character for sure, I can't wait to see how he actually performs on the field.....I still think the media has nothing better to do but try and make something out of nothing. He's Clevelands problem or Saviour...there will be no middle anything when it comes to Manzeil lol.....

Regarding the coaches I just hope Zimmer is a good HC.....Too many time guys are great coordinators but not head coaches. Turner aws average at best as a HC but a great OC.....Wade Phillips is a solid DC but stinks as a HC. Just hope Zimmer can make that transition successfully.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2014, 07:53:13 AM »
What has to happen is that everyone must buy into what the coach is putting out and when there is descension in the ranks the erosion starts and ends up like what happened last year. Pretty hard to take a HC serious when everyone on the team knew exactly who was running the show. I have a feeling Zimmer isn't the type of guy Leslie is. He won't let Spielman run all over him. I suppose we all have to hope he's not like Wade Phillips and is a one trick pony.

As for Manziel, The media is a bunch of pricks. They are only after notoriety and self promotion. Tommy Kramer played drunk on many occasions, but the times were different back then. The beat writers wanted to just be one of the fellows. Could you imaging how they would have crucified Mickey Mantle in this day and age? I think much has to do with jealousy and self loathing when it comes to sports writers and the failings of their athletic lack of prowess...I'm not saying I would like Johnny Football leading my team as of today, but there are worse alternatives. ie Christian Ponder...At this point I'd love to see the guy excel all the way to the Super Bowl and lose to the Vikings..."Holla if you hear me!"

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.