Author Topic: Teddy Bridgewater...  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Simmion

• Star
Re: Teddy Bridgewater...
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2014, 08:50:50 AM »
I can't stand media hype either.  And I could also see Manziel doing this act just to mock how the media takes things and runs without knowing anything usually. Just to get the ratings.  I say again... I... can't.... stand..... news now-a-days.
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
  • Where the white women at?
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2014, 10:05:39 AM »
I can't stand media hype either.  And I could also see Manziel doing this act just to mock how the media takes things and runs without knowing anything usually. Just to get the ratings.  I say again... I... can't.... stand..... news now-a-days.

I 2nd that motion Simmion...Scumbags is the word that comes to mind...Don't get me going on Pete Prisco.
min1          stl3          indiana1

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2014, 11:12:20 AM »
I 2nd that motion Simmion...Scumbags is the word that comes to mind...Don't get me going on Pete Prisco.

Haha, Pete Prisco is terrible. 
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2014, 09:08:48 AM »
..At this point I'd love to see the guy excel all the way to the Super Bowl and lose to the Vikings...

I don't because I still think he is a giant douche.  I mean he parties with the Musical "artist" Drake.....

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2014, 09:11:09 AM »
I don't because I still think he is a giant douche.  I mean he parties with the Musical "artist" Drake.....

That pretty much tears any shred of credibility he could have had, for sure...Douchebag will be the term we then refer to him then... Johnny Douchebag.

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2014, 12:24:08 PM »
I double douchebag that

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2014, 03:10:13 PM »
So Jaws rated Matt Cassell the 32nd rated QB in the league for this upcoming year.  I think I would disagree with him there.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2014, 07:01:16 PM »
So Jaws rated Matt Cassell the 32nd rated QB in the league for this upcoming year.  I think I would disagree with him there.

Jaws is an idiot.....although Cassell is not a top 10 QB he is now with a an offensive style (Turner) that plays to his strengths. There is enough talent in Minnesota for him to succeed. Cassell IMO probably fits somewhere between 20-25 but not 32.

Offline Handi

• Star
  • Pickems Record: first place
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2014, 07:03:33 AM »
Terry Bridgewater has mad skills.  He should have been the first QB in the draft, but I'm glad that he went to a division where he will be the best QB.
You better check yo'self, fool.

B&G Founding Father
Soccer Guru
Fists of Fury
Octagon of Pain

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2014, 07:39:18 AM »
I'm starting to lean that Teddy may indeed start. Here's my evidence. Exhibit A) Mat Cassell does indeed suck. Is he the worst starter in the league? That's debatable! Is he good? That's NOT! Exhibit B) Christian Ponder is worse than Cassell!

I liken this to what the Seahawks went thru prior to starting Russell. Let's say they are all equal going into the season. What QB has the higher upside moving forward? Obviously Bridgewater, as we have seen what we are in store for with the other 2 pedestrian passers. There are more similarities. Flynn had just received a large contract to become the starter and was ultimately released when he couldn't beat out TJack as the backup in Seattle.

I had mentioned the QB situation in Seattle some time back. That what Carroll was doing by bringing in multiple QBs year after year would result in his firing if had continued to miss. Well he hit on Russell, (that sounds gay) and won a Super Bowl. The Vikings seem to have a situation like Seattle had a couple years ago going on in camp this year. None of these QBs want to be 2nd or 3rd string. The question is. Is the upside of Teddy worth taking the chance of throwing him to the wolves? I believe he was the best QB entering the draft. I believe he will be the best of this draft class as well. As for me, I'm with Elvis on this one. I'm singing "Teddy Bear!" The other option is "Send in the Clowns." Yeah, NO!...SKOL Brother!

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2014, 06:55:49 PM »
Send in the clowns...that's funny Koko. lol

I said before I've swayed in that I'd be ok if Teddy starts and it really depends on how quick he learns the offense and gets insinc with his players. One thing for sure, with Zimmer being a new coach he will be given a break if the team doesn't fair well in the win/loss column but he won't accept getting blown out. Teddy is the long term answer and I'd be fine if he started but I don't see it happening because of that blow out factor. I like Teddy more and more but he is still a rookie and he will make many rookie mistakes. If it's strickly about win and losses which I believe it will be early on then Cassell is the best option early on.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2014, 06:58:59 PM »
Regardless of who is QB this is going to be a totally different offense....This is going to be fun watching it develope and watching the RB position being used a lot more in the passing game.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2014, 10:04:54 PM »
Terry Bridgewater has mad skills.  He should have been the first QB in the draft, but I'm glad that he went to a division where he will be the best QB.

It's been a while since I conversed with Handi.  I can't tell if he is being Handi or being truthful.  Because.  A Rog.... is the best QB. I personally think Teddy B will be legit, don't think we ever came off claiming he is the next Unitas (bait for Handi)... But someone who can actually QB a NFL team. 

And Handi is usually pretty legit when it comes to responding to my posts (we got a vibe,  since he lets me call him Handi for short).

Offline Handi

• Star
  • Pickems Record: first place
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2014, 11:36:47 PM »
It's been a while since I conversed with Handi.  I can't tell if he is being Handi or being truthful.  Because.  A Rog.... is the best QB. I personally think Teddy B will be legit, don't think we ever came off claiming he is the next Unitas (bait for Handi)... But someone who can actually QB a NFL team. 

And Handi is usually pretty legit when it comes to responding to my posts (we got a vibe,  since he lets me call him Handi for short).

I'm being truthful.  Sure A-Rod is a great QB, but Terry Bridgewater will be better.

Who is Unitas?
You better check yo'self, fool.

B&G Founding Father
Soccer Guru
Fists of Fury
Octagon of Pain

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2014, 11:22:03 AM »

Who is Unitas?

Some guy from the 1890s I think.

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.