Author Topic: 2014 Trade Deadline...  (Read 193 times)

Offline Rottie500

• Star
2014 Trade Deadline...
« on: July 08, 2014, 11:26:46 AM »
Yeah I know, it's MLB and there are more loopholes than we can count, but the "hard" deadline is July 31st.  So that begs the question, what would you like to see your team do, or who would you like them to get?

Me: I'm a Pirates fan, and I think they need starting pitching.  I would have loved to see them get Smardja (sp) but I knew the Cubs wouldn't trade in the division.  Otherwise the only spot they NEED to upgrade is 1st base.

Offline kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • See y'all later, TS65 and tg
Re: 2014 Trade Deadline...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 12:37:22 PM »
Yeah I know, it's MLB and there are more loopholes than we can count, but the "hard" deadline is July 31st.  So that begs the question, what would you like to see your team do, or who would you like them to get?

Me: I'm a Pirates fan, and I think they need starting pitching.  I would have loved to see them get Smardja (sp) but I knew the Cubs wouldn't trade in the division.  Otherwise the only spot they NEED to upgrade is 1st base.

Change Pirates to Brewers and you get the same thing
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

LIVE FREE OR DIE

As a general rule of thumb, it’s a bad idea to try to rob the home of people who decorate with animal skulls."

Offline FOREPLUS

• Site Moderator
  • Icon
  • LADY SPORTSTER
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 01:17:26 PM »
The Mets have an over abundance of oitfielders. They need shortstop and relief pitching
nym3 nyg1 notredame1 nyr2

Offline Coach

• Contributing Member
  • Coach
  • “Out of my way, ice wagon. I’m coming home.”
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 03:21:50 PM »
My Orioles need starting pitchers too.
Some things never change.
duke1 memphis1  wsh1  wsh2  bal3

Offline Rottie500

• Star
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 08:02:08 AM »
Change Pirates to Brewers and you get the same thing

Ewww You're a Brewers fan?  Yuck. :P

Offline Rottie500

• Star
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 08:05:46 AM »
Seems as though most teams have that need, starting pitching.  Locally everyone (bandwagon fans that don't really understand MLB) was so upset that the Pirates wouldn't pay AJ Burnette 13mill a year.  So the pirates signed Volquez and have basically gotten the same pitcher for less than 1/2 the money.  But it's scary when Volquez is your #2 YIKES.

Offline Coach

• Contributing Member
  • Coach
  • “Out of my way, ice wagon. I’m coming home.”
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 01:23:12 PM »
Seems as though most teams have that need, starting pitching.  Locally everyone (bandwagon fans that don't really understand MLB) was so upset that the Pirates wouldn't pay AJ Burnette 13mill a year.  So the pirates signed Volquez and have basically gotten the same pitcher for less than 1/2 the money.  But it's scary when Volquez is your #2 YIKES.

Morton and Locke are pitching very well of late.
duke1 memphis1  wsh1  wsh2  bal3

Offline Rottie500

• Star
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 02:43:35 PM »
Morton and Locke are pitching very well of late.

Yeah not bad, but still no true #1 on the team.  I like Cole a lot but he's a solid #2 or 3 on most teams.  Plus he's had a rough year so far health wise.  How bout you guys, seriously that offense is just sick!  Which is good cause they need to put up about 10 runs every game that Norris pitches :)