Author Topic: 2014 Vikings Training Camp  (Read 3911 times)

Offline kokomodan

• Star
  • Where the white women at?
2014 Vikings Training Camp
« on: July 26, 2014, 08:09:18 PM »
 deadhorse

I'm ready for some football y'all! Hearing Felton may not be with the club soon?  Haven't heard of any injuries yet. Let's hope it stays that way. I'm hoping Teddy wows the coaches and he gets the nod. The ceiling on Ponder and Cassel have been reached and Teddy all things being equal would seem to me the best route, if he's that good? Which I think he is...
min1          stl3          indiana1

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
Re: 2014 Vikings Training Camp
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 05:57:39 PM »
It'll cost a bit to release him but Felton needs to go......

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 07:28:48 PM »
I think Felton is pretty good.  But when we got a TE loving OC that could line these guys up in the FB spot.  You can save that money.  Did Turner use a FB in SD?
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 08:48:56 PM »
Just watched a video of training camp.  The "highlights" from first day.  One play stuck out in my mind.  There was a play where Teddy B takes the snap pump fakes, checks off on another WR. Goes back to original.  Then takes off on a scramble.  And you better believe he isn't a complete dolt and actually slides on those plays. 
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 10:15:33 AM »
Just watched a video of training camp.  The "highlights" from first day.  One play stuck out in my mind.  There was a play where Teddy B takes the snap pump fakes, checks off on another WR. Goes back to original.  Then takes off on a scramble.  And you better believe he isn't a complete dolt and actually slides on those plays. 

I've been on this guys bandwagon for a couple years now. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he exits training camp as the guy...I also wouldn't be surprised if Cassel gets the nod, but like I said we've seen his ceiling. The O-line should be healthy enough to keep Teddy, or any QB the Vikings trot out, upright. Kind of leery about the contract signed by Kyle Rudolph. Don't get me wrong I love the guy, but injuries have been his MO. At Notre Dame and last season. I hope he stays healthy, but I can see this AC Leonard being an absolute monster should he have his head screwed on right. Think Antonio Gates in purple!...NO INJURIES! Keep that the mantra of training camp fellas!

Offline kokomodan

• Star

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 10:34:57 AM »
Has anyone heard if any Vikings failed the conditioning test this training camp?...Zimmer wants em to be accountable and slackers or out of shape "Fat Bodies" will be on his radar if they fail...

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 07:34:13 PM »
So Zimmer was mic'd up for practice.  Had the best line I've heard in a while.

""You can find a Cover 2 corner anywhere. I can go down to the 7-11 in Bloomington and get one."

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 09:21:08 AM »
So Zimmer was mic'd up for practice.  Had the best line I've heard in a while.

""You can find a Cover 2 corner anywhere. I can go down to the 7-11 in Bloomington and get one."

Nice!...Saw where Cassel struggled yesterday. Teddy faired a bit better, but his 1st accuracy issues. Never the less, I'm hearing great things about my boy Teddy! Even if he isn't the day 1 starter, I think he might be, the early season schedule is brutal. The defense is gonna have to be the side that keeps this team in the playoff hunt. Come on 1st preseason game I wanna see what the kid has!

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 05:12:02 PM »
Has anyone heard if any Vikings failed the conditioning test this training camp?...Zimmer wants em to be accountable and slackers or out of shape "Fat Bodies" will be on his radar if they fail...

I havent heard any fat boys not in shape.  Well today I guess Shariff was asked to slim down 10 pounds after being asked to gain 20 with coach fraizer.  A lot of guys are being sat just as precaution.  Like Captain, Cordarrel, Kalil.  But it seems they are back the next day.  Sounds like a lot of hamstring cramps more so than actual injuries.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 05:13:50 PM »
Nice!...Saw where Cassel struggled yesterday. Teddy faired a bit better, but his 1st accuracy issues. Never the less, I'm hearing great things about my boy Teddy! Even if he isn't the day 1 starter, I think he might be, the early season schedule is brutal. The defense is gonna have to be the side that keeps this team in the playoff hunt. Come on 1st preseason game I wanna see what the kid has!

Zimmer was pretty blunt when he said Teddy had his worst day (playing in pads for first time with first team).  Not that it was a bad day.  But you could tell he wasn't as sharp as before.  Learning curve thing.  I am not surprised. 

This isn't Madden where I dumped Ponder and drafted whoever was there for QB in the first round and won MVP with him because of how easy Madden has become.   

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 08:16:55 AM »
Teddy had 2 picks yesterday. Cole took one back for a TD...He's gonna learn the hard way like everyone else. Better INTs in training camp than on the field On Any Given Sunday, I suppose?

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 06:20:13 PM »
Yeah....Teddy will learn, just like every other QB, the hard way. You have to make a lot of mistakes before you can be good.....doesn't matter who you are. The kid has skills, just hope he keeps his confidence when things go south ...and they will go south. The good news, Turner will know how to take care of him,Teddy has the right OC working with him.

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 10:36:11 PM »
Any news on Barr? I have heard nothing about him. 
PAGE NAMED NFLS MVP — In 1971 Alan Page became the first defensive player to be named the Most Valuable Player of the National Football League by the Associated Press. Page headed a Vikings defense that held opponents to fewer than 10 points a game.

Offline VeN 1473

• Backup
  • I do what I do
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2014, 09:21:04 AM »
Here are a few things I've heard. Teddy has won some days at practice. The best thing though is that he got right back up after the picks and kept firing. Someone on the radio said you could see it in Ponder after he made a bad play,  but Teddy has a short memory.

Barr is a physical beast. They've been throwing him in at outside linebacker and right defensive end and he's been learning and holding his own. Sounds like Robison, Flloyd, Griffen,  Barr could be a rush package on the line.

Haven't heard much about our third round picks, which disappoints me. I've heard that Yankey is pushing for the left guard spot but it will more likely be next year. Not a rookie, but John Sullivan said Fusco is quickly becoming the best offensive lineman on the team.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2014, 12:20:13 PM »
Here are a few things I've heard. Teddy has won some days at practice. The best thing though is that he got right back up after the picks and kept firing. Someone on the radio said you could see it in Ponder after he made a bad play,  but Teddy has a short memory.

Barr is a physical beast. They've been throwing him in at outside linebacker and right defensive end and he's been learning and holding his own. Sounds like Robison, Flloyd, Griffen,  Barr could be a rush package on the line.

Haven't heard much about our third round picks, which disappoints me. I've heard that Yankey is pushing for the left guard spot but it will more likely be next year. Not a rookie, but John Sullivan said Fusco is quickly becoming the best offensive lineman on the team.

Never been a Fusco Fan, but I can love him if he continues to excel. I've heard great things about Barr. I'm hoping for a talent like him to continue to grow and become Zimmer's Lawrence Taylor. I can dream can't ?...As for Teddy, he's my guy. I've heard former GMs say he's the real deal. I'm really hoping I get to be the "I told you so" guy with his selection...LOL

Offline VeN 1473

• Backup
  • I do what I do
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2014, 12:57:31 PM »
The thing about Fusco is that he went to Slippery Rock. That's something Sullivan brought up. This guy is still learning because the competition difference from there to the NFL is drastic. He's constantly getting better, which will hopefully continue.

Yea I'm definitely on the Teddy bandwagon. I just didn't think much about him before the draft because it seemed like he went from possibly the first overall pick to the 20s after his pro day, so I didn't think we'd have a shot.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2014, 03:26:59 PM »
Barr is a physical beast. They've been throwing him in at outside linebacker and right defensive end and he's been learning and holding his own. Sounds like Robison, Flloyd, Griffen,  Barr could be a rush package on the line

To go with this.  Robison said (like you said) he is learning a lot.  Taking in a lot.  But that he is a specimen that has already put some guys on their backs.  He seemed impressed with Barr just by the tone of his voice changing when they brought his name up. 

Another guy I hear is doing well, is the McKinnon.  Sounds like he is a burner, with just sick talent all around.   Of course the biggest homer of them all, Paul Allen was the one that was saying this. 

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2014, 07:50:44 PM »
To go with this.  Robison said (like you said) he is learning a lot.  Taking in a lot.  But that he is a specimen that has already put some guys on their backs.  He seemed impressed with Barr just by the tone of his voice changing when they brought his name up. 

Another guy I hear is doing well, is the McKinnon.  Sounds like he is a burner, with just sick talent all around.   Of course the biggest homer of them all, Paul Allen was the one that was saying this. 

Im looking forward to seeing McKinnon and what he can do. So many young, talented guys on our team. What I like about guys like Patterson, Barr and a few others is there seems to be no ceiling for what they can accomplish with proper coaching, game planning and experience. This is probably going to be an up and down year for a number of our guys but in a few years some of these guys could be great....really great. Cant wait to see Teddy in live action, all be it basic preseason......Nice to hear Fusco is doing well, hes one of those guys that just needed a few years and experience.....the fact he can play a few spots on the line is a real bonus too. I dont want to wish time away but in a couple of years this could be a very talented team and be in a great cap situation to do what they want too.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2014, 07:52:35 PM »
Is anyone hearing anything about any long shot guys doing well

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2014, 09:09:21 PM »
Is anyone hearing anything about any long shot guys doing well

Zimmer had a video on Vikings.com of his 5 under the radar guys.  He said 7th round pick Jabari Price is doing well in the nickel.  That he has impressed him.  Thats all I've heard of long shot guys.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2014, 09:10:17 PM »
I think that was his name.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2014, 12:28:42 PM »
It would be nice for one of them to turn out... like Audie Cole, hope he fits Zimmers plans.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2014, 10:06:07 AM »
Yankey? Slid to us in 5th and everything I hear is that he WILL be the starter at LG over Johnson?

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2014, 07:05:47 PM »
Yankey? Slid to us in 5th and everything I hear is that he WILL be the starter at LG over Johnson?

I think you are right.  But not right away I don't think.  I also heard Tiny Richardson (Anthony?)  is a freak guard.  But can't stay healthy.  Failed a bunch of physicals because of his knee.  Not bad pick up for a rookie FA.

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.