Author Topic: Game 1  (Read 632 times)

Offline Simmion

• Star
Game 1
« on: August 09, 2014, 01:01:19 PM »
I loved that defense!  Teddy Struggled as expected.  Barr didn't make much noise but again i am not suprised because they are keeping him in a regular LB spot so he can learn to read the o-line.  But he did get that one sack.

Cassell should start for a while.
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
Re: Game 1
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 06:15:37 PM »
I'm just happy we had  no major injuries. Great to see the new guys just get on the field for their first taste of the NFL( even though it is blah preseason). Really looking forward to seeing more of Barr and that line once the regular season starts and the really play calling is in play. Regarding Teddy it is what it is.....he, like every college QB early on, has the college stair down of a receiver. It's going to take a while for him IMO just to get comfortable and really don't see him starting anytime soon. Atleast there is no hurry to get him in to play....if I'm coaching these rookie QB's the number one thing they need to learn is how to look off a defender and not stare down their target...biggest problem for college QB entering the NFL.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 11:17:58 AM »
Agreed hutch.  I am not a "start from day one" guy. Unless you are Andrew Luck.

I am a big fan of this Adam Thielen (sp?)  kid. From my alma mater looks to be a legit routes and posession guy for those 4 wide formations.  Jerome Simpson might be on his way out but who knows. I also liked the frame of Rodney Smith as being a great endzone target. Get Yankey in there soon.  Our line was horrible for Teddy.
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 09:56:48 PM »
It's going to be interesting Simmion who they keep at WR and how many.......That is one position that'll probably go right down to the final preseason game to determine. I wonder if we even keep a FB or not or how many DB's we'll keep and will we play mainly two LB's a good portion of the time  and use a safety more often......Right now it seems so much is up in the air.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 07:01:49 PM »
Alright, game 2.  Looking forward to seeing how this offense goes against one of the better defenses in the league.  Not all Bridgewater hype this time.  I want to see what the starting squad does and it looks as if Teddy needs some time. 

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 07:52:48 PM »
Doh'Kay... 2 things I already can't stand.  Marcus Sherels actually in the game to play CB.  He is only good at PR.  Its as if we just let the WR catch it and ask nicely for him to take a knee. I would love to see the stat of completions against him. I bet when only looking at catchable balls, it is the the 90%+ completion against him.

Everson Griffen has been neutralized EVERY play.  Doesn't try a move.  Runs right at the LT and gets caught up.  And we paid this guy?  Maybe I am naive and this is what Zimmer does with his DL (very possible, lock up the OL so the LBs pick up the tackles).  But it looks as if he is completely useless.

Offline VeN 1473

• Backup
  • I do what I do
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 11:01:25 AM »
Did Rhodes get beat up too? Saw an AP article about a second year Cardinals receiver that basically took a dump off pass and made him miss for a decent gain and then went up over him for a big gain down the sideline. That sounds frustrating

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 01:18:16 PM »
Game 2 in the preseason was interesting...never a fan of preseason but with everything being new it was just nice to set some chemistry even on the very basic stuff. It's still going to be awhile, especially on defense, to get everyone insinc and on the same page. What I really like about Zimmers defense is the emphasis he puts on engaging blockers and filling gaps...This could be a fun year for a few guys and a real test for some of our DB's. Regarding the offense, I'm going to make a prediction, barring injury, Cassell will be the starter the entire year and he and the offense will have a great season....sadly, I'm not going to hold out a lot of hope for the defense in the first year.

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 09:36:52 AM »
After the 3rd Pre-season game, I would say the offense looks good. This is due in part to Ponder not being a part of it! The defense is starting to come around. It could be a fun year to watch the Vikings again.
min1 stl3

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.