Author Topic: Congrats Zimmer  (Read 3911 times)

Offline kokomodan

• Star
  • Where the white women at?
Re: Congrats Zimmer
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2014, 10:13:58 AM »
Well this wasn't what I wanted to see. Cassel getting hurt and all, but Teddy hasn't been getting 1st team reps, until now. As you all mentioned the O-line was awful again. No AP makes this team so 1 dimensional it's not even funny. The call was probably correct even though I'm not a fan of how they protect some QBs differently than others. There's like 6 QBs they call that for and the rest are just players, in my opinion...

Breaking the 1st contact is where AP is so much better than the other options the Vikings currently employ. The defense only gave up 20 points, so I'm ok with that. The team just can't comeback time after time. Being down 13-0 is a huge detriment. A faster start could well result in a more competitive team. The Vikings haven't scored a TD in 7 quarters, and the red zone offense is awful. This again is because the defenses now don't have to play the run honest. Rudolph is hurt again and that's a problem moving forward.

We all knew this type of start could and probably would happen. At the end of the day it's only 1 game and still the Vikings are only 1 game back with all the division games remaining. The packers don't look like world beaters either. Hoping AP takes the plea deal and gets back sooner rather than later, but I fear the NFL will have more to say about the entire ordeal...SKOL Brother!
min1          stl3          indiana1

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2014, 04:32:49 PM »
Totally agree Hutch! I didn't get to see this game, because I was travelling, but it sounded like the Vikings were in it until the call that Brees got. I don't think anyone expected the Vikes to come out like gang busters this year. The first game was nice, but the reality is setting in now. We have a brutal schedule to start hopefully Teddy can get some chemistry going with the rest of the team so we can finish strong.

In a way you probably saved a lot of frustration (or yelling) by not seeing the game BtlsFan. The defense would make a solid play or two and then give up a big one. I'm not sure what the Saints 3rd down percentage was for the saints but it would have been high. Offense we would move the ball ok then when we hit the red zone it was nothing.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2014, 04:37:41 PM »
Koko, do you really think AD will play again this season?  Personally I don't see how. Once that trial starts the press will be all over it and any and all pictures will be out there for all to see. With all the attention this has and will continue to get the Commish will be put in a real tough spot and so will the Vikings too.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2014, 11:45:59 AM »
I love how blunt Zimmer is.  Haha,  on the radio network post game interview.  It took him all of two seconds to tell all that's listening that Matt Cassel fractured his toe.  None of this hush hush stuff that leaves everyone in speculation until the proper press at Noon Monday.  Haha.  And my gosh, how awesome is it when the guy doing the interview, you guys fought hard and played a good game.  "Huh?  I don't think we played a great game, fighting hard doesn't always win games."
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2014, 01:09:48 PM »
I love how blunt Zimmer is.  Haha,  on the radio network post game interview.  It took him all of two seconds to tell all that's listening that Matt Cassel fractured his toe.  None of this hush hush stuff that leaves everyone in speculation until the proper press at Noon Monday.  Haha.  And my gosh, how awesome is it when the guy doing the interview, you guys fought hard and played a good game.  "Huh?  I don't think we played a great game, fighting hard doesn't always win games."

That line is so true Simmion......Fighting hard doesn't always win games......fighting smart will win more.

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2014, 12:23:24 PM »
I hope we can slow down Matt Ryan on Sunday! We need the defense to step up in a big way. gtrdude
min1 stl3

Offline kokomodan

• Star
  • Where the white women at?
« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2014, 09:36:01 AM »
Here's a nice article on the Vikings defense and what they are doing to create opportunities on the D-line...Enjoy!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2248530-vikings-defensive-line-becoming-strength-of-minnesota-defense
min1          stl3          indiana1

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.