Author Topic: Congrats Zimmer  (Read 2839 times)

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
Re: Congrats Zimmer
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2014, 08:14:02 AM »
No Problem Hutch! I know you are a Harvin fan extreme! I like Harvin for his talent, but I like CP for his talent and his attitude! I also like the fact that CP has the size that Harvin lacks. CP can and will go up and get a ball. I have no doubt that Harvin will try to go up and get one, but he just isn't physically as big as CP and I think CP has every bit as much talent as Harvin. The Vikings have been better without Harvin than they were with him. I think he is a locker room cancer. When your winning everything is fine, but if you start to lose he will throw teammates, coaches, and everyone else under the bus to avoid criticism of himself. I respect your opinion Hutch and I enjoy reading your posts, most times I agree with you, but on this one we will have to agree to disagree. Ven thanks for the support glad to see that I am not alone in thinking that Harvin is "an injury prone punk ass bitch!" LOL!

Skol Vikings!!!
min1 stl3

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2014, 10:00:43 AM »
No Problem Hutch! I know you are a Harvin fan extreme! I like Harvin for his talent, but I like CP for his talent and his attitude! I also like the fact that CP has the size that Harvin lacks. CP can and will go up and get a ball. I have no doubt that Harvin will try to go up and get one, but he just isn't physically as big as CP and I think CP has every bit as much talent as Harvin. The Vikings have been better without Harvin than they were with him. I think he is a locker room cancer. When your winning everything is fine, but if you start to lose he will throw teammates, coaches, and everyone else under the bus to avoid criticism of himself. I respect your opinion Hutch and I enjoy reading your posts, most times I agree with you, but on this one we will have to agree to disagree. Ven thanks for the support glad to see that I am not alone in thinking that Harvin is "an injury prone punk ass bitch!" LOL!

Skol Vikings!!!

Yeah...I think I am very much in the minority on this one. Patterson has a great attitude and have to love his smile.

For me I think most of my disgust hasn't been with any particular player (outside of Ponder) but it was with the Wilfs and getting cheap and handing Frazier the HC job....That one move set the team back further than any thing else. We finally have an OC in Turner and he is more valuable to this team than any other coach or player. Next is Zimmer. Coaching matter so much now.....we've had players and talent over past 3 years but we just didn't have coaches or co-ordinators who could game plan and adjust......anyway enough on the past, the future looks bright.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
  • Where the white women at?
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2014, 08:34:00 AM »
With Harvin the Vikings were in the playoffs 2 times and the NFC CG his rookie year. Without him the Vikings were 5-10-1. He is a major talent in the NFL. I'm starting to feel that Harvin had the coaching staffs number when we see how far a team fell in a year. He knew Ponder couldn't be the guy and was asking for a better option, or at least NOT Christian Ponder...Don't get me wrong, I really like what Patterson brings to the table, but make no mistake, Harvin Broke that Super Bowl wide open with the 2nd half KO return. he could have been the MVP of that game as well, just sayin!
min1          stl3          indiana1

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2014, 08:51:46 AM »
That game was in the bag.  I am in no way doubting or down playing Harvin's talent.  I am just saying I thought he was a complete douche and haven't missed him since.
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2014, 09:33:33 AM »
The score was 22-0 and the Broncos were only the highest scoring offense in history. That KO return broke the game wide open! The 2 INTS were responsible for the lions share of the points. 1 of them was returned for a TD. I still don't have a clue why they didn't kick the FG toward the end of the half to get on the board?

As for Harvin you all know I wasn't his biggest fan either, considering his antics, but talent and speed can't be taught...

As for this week, if Rhodes can't go that creates a huge problem for the Vikings press coverage. The Captn' and Rhodes can disrupt the timing patterns. If Rhodes can't go Brady could have a field day on that side of the defense. That would negate a quick pass rush and the Vikings would be in real trouble should that happen...The Vikings need "The Captain and Rhodes, not "The Captain and Tennille"...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 09:39:46 AM by kokomodan »

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2014, 10:44:34 AM »
With Harvin the Vikings were in the playoffs 2 times and the NFC CG his rookie year. Without him the Vikings were 5-10-1. He is a major talent in the NFL. I'm starting to feel that Harvin had the coaching staffs number when we see how far a team fell in a year. He knew Ponder couldn't be the guy and was asking for a better option, or at least NOT Christian Ponder...Don't get me wrong, I really like what Patterson brings to the table, but make no mistake, Harvin Broke that Super Bowl wide open with the 2nd half KO return. he could have been the MVP of that game as well, just sayin!

SLOW CLAP

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2014, 10:48:08 AM »
The score was 22-0 and the Broncos were only the highest scoring offense in history. That KO return broke the game wide open! The 2 INTS were responsible for the lions share of the points. 1 of them was returned for a TD. I still don't have a clue why they didn't kick the FG toward the end of the half to get on the board?

As for Harvin you all know I wasn't his biggest fan either, considering his antics, but talent and speed can't be taught...

As for this week, if Rhodes can't go that creates a huge problem for the Vikings press coverage. The Captn' and Rhodes can disrupt the timing patterns. If Rhodes can't go Brady could have a field day on that side of the defense. That would negate a quick pass rush and the Vikings would be in real trouble should that happen...The Vikings need "The Captain and Rhodes, not "The Captain and Tennille"...

I used to watch Captain and Tennille when I was a kid lol.......Regarding Rhodes and Captain I totally agree. Without them our Pass rush won't matter. By the sounds of things they will be playing Sunday. I can see a 34-31 score in this one, hopefully we are the 34.

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2014, 11:17:51 AM »
We are definitely going to need Rhodes to keep Brady honest, but a good pass rush will help anybody that is playing in coverage. The problem is with out Rhodes our coverage sucks! LOL! Captain can't be everywhere! 2c
min1 stl3

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2014, 07:17:13 AM »
OK, no AP no chance is what I'm now hearing. This is when a team either becomes galvanized like the Ravens did or comes apart at the seams, like many other teams have when there is a distraction. I'm certainly glad that Zimmer is the coach, rather than Frazier come Sunday. Asiata looked good in the pre season, so don't give up hope. The o-line struggles the Patriots have should still be there tomorrow. That's something that's NOT fixed over night.

After what occurred this week with Rice the Vikings HAD to deactivate AP, if only to send the right message. Is it right? I'm not too sure. The NFL allowed the guy in San Fran to play even though he was accused of domestic violence. I too disciplined my children. A switch wasn't my preferred method, but hey, those are his children and if you ever received a whipping from your folks I'm sure your arms and hands went down to try and deflect the belt, switch, or fly swatter. The media is getting all too intrusive into people's personal business these days. I do not condone what transpired in that elevator, and the NFL and the Ravens could well have handled it the correct way. He informed the league and the Ravens that he KNOCKED HER OUT prior to the imposed penalty. That should have been the day he was suspended and released. The NFL and the Ravens tried to deflect any wrongdoing upon Rice after the fact. I, for one didn't need to see that damning video. I knew what was on it when Ray Rice told everyone involved. Was it heinous? Absolutely! Like the videos circulating on many outlets of ISIS beheading their captives. I simply don't need to see that stuff. We already know the end result. The media tries to sensationalize every story for financial gains. They do have freedom of the press, but do they not have a responsibility as well? That responsibility is to be fair, but that doesn't happen these days, because once the video is posted the court of public opinion usually speaks louder than a court of law, and regardless of the outcome there the 1st story is the one the public has seen and is outraged with. There has to be some form of accountability, or like FOX news you get a skewed viewpoint that regardless of the real truth a grain of truth is turned into a sensationalized item that gets played over and over until the unwashed masses take it at face value and destroy something that wasn't what it seemed.

Now if AP is convicted of child abuse, by a court of his peers then, and only then, should he be vilified. The truth is always there, but how many times has someone been wrongfully accused and the moniker of evil been hoisted on an innocent man or woman? When that innocent person is exonerated there is NEVER a story saying, sorry we were wrong and rushed to judgment. Something tells me that AP will get his day in court, if it even goes that far? I don't know about you, but I wanted to raise my children as I saw fit, not what some news outlet, neighbor, or organization tells me, "this is how you have to do it." After all, those entities don't live in my home, see what my children do, or know the circumstances that occurred to have a situation materialize...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 07:20:01 AM by kokomodan »

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2014, 09:00:09 PM »
I agree the Vikings did what was right and deactivated AD ....... AD will have his day in court and from has been told and what AD has admitted to it will be child abuse. Whether you believe in spanking your child or not that's debateable (I'm on the side of not but that's my choice). What AD did to a 4 year old is wrong. This wasn't a little tap on the behind, it was a stick that was used as a whip that left cuts on a 4 years legs and bottom. We are talking a 4 year old and sadly guys like AD grew up with parents that lacked the ability to communicate properly to a child and resorted to violence to force their will on a defenseless child and now he thinks that's ok to do to his children.....it's not. There is a huge difference between mild  spanking and what AD did. That said, AD needs help to understand why its wrong as I'm sure in his mind he wasn't doing anything wrong.

Regarding then football side of things I'm glad we have Turner...win or lose on Sunday he'll atleast make it interesting. Even with AD we were under dogs..

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2014, 10:18:04 PM »
as far as deactivating A D, The Vikings showed class, the Raven's and Niner's not so much. when I was a kid it was a different world, we got our asses kicked pretty steady at least if you screwed up as much as I did you did, I can't say I got the wrath at 4 but I don't remember. my boy's are 19 and 21, I never played that game with them, but they seemed to know, better stay within the lines or the old guy might go off. I was raised to believe that boys don't hit girls and men don't hit woman, my boy's were raised that way too,  I'm not condoning what AD did,  children and women are to be protected by men, never ever hurt. let's hope the media has this overblown as they do everything and the great one didn't go way over the line with a 4 year old child.  we do know that Goodell is thanking God this happened since he is about to be ran out of town, so long AD we might not see you for a while.
PAGE NAMED NFLS MVP — In 1971 Alan Page became the first defensive player to be named the Most Valuable Player of the National Football League by the Associated Press. Page headed a Vikings defense that held opponents to fewer than 10 points a game.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2014, 01:39:48 PM »
Well, that was a disappointing first half. Cassell with 2 bad ints and missing a wide open Patterson before the end of the first half. Just an off day for him even with many of his other throws they are just not insinc. Defensively for the most part pretty good other than Rhodes who is guessing wrong and when he has good coverage he is not making any plays. Edelman is abusing the middle of the field form the slot. Really to bad as we have a majority of our guys playing really well and it just goes to show you one or two guys can cost the entire team...so far that is happening today. That blocked field goal was a joke, there is no may in hell someone should get that type of penetration.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2014, 02:29:19 PM »
For Pete's sake, I will not be able to watch the NFL if these pansy ass PI and holding plays every other GD play.  Just an effing joke!
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2014, 02:45:01 PM »
For Pete's sake, I will not be able to watch the NFL if these pansy ass PI and holding plays every other GD play.  Just an effing joke!

They are getting a little carried away but it seems to being against both teams....the Pats seem to be picking on Rhondes and he is not responding at all. Who would have thought he's be our biggest liability so far.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2014, 04:59:49 PM »
He was in position, but the transition of finding the ball to defend was his down fall.  But I mean in general.  These PI calls are utter BS.  Let them play a little bit.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2014, 06:12:26 PM »
He was in position, but the transition of finding the ball to defend was his down fall.  But I mean in general.  These PI calls are utter BS.  Let them play a little bit.

This is what happens when Seattle beat the NFL's poster QB to a pulp last year. I agree that they are carrying this a little too far but it looks like its here to stay.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2014, 06:44:27 PM »
It's sad in my opinion.  I agree if you are grabbing arms but when there is a little shove like trying to move your hands up mid play and happen to get your arm on a chest piece, they call it.  I am honestly bummed at this new system.  Since I agree it's here to stay.  You can't play defense anymore.  Again, I would act like this when the other team is called. 

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2014, 07:42:57 PM »
What did you think of the rest of the game Simmion? Cassell had a bad day and it happens, hopefully he rebounds next week at New Orleans. That will be a real tough game on the road especially after they have started 0-2. Our O-Line isn't as good as advertised IMO. Kalil had a rough day too and so did a few others.  Rhondes better wake up or teams will be attacking him every week and this week guys tried doing too much and gave up their assignments. The biggest surprize for me was everything on offense changed after that first drive. We had lots of separation from misdirection plays but after that first TD guys weren't able to separate well and when we did call a great play Cassell couldn't execute. I can see Cassell getting 3 games like this one before Teddy goes in.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2014, 07:54:47 PM »
Hutch.... Spot on.  We had guys open by 10 yards the first drive.  What the heck happened.  I didn't watch close enough to see what the Pats did different.  They did let in some sacks, but the play calls were all 5-7 drop plays that required too much time to develop, imo and multiple times didn't use the relief valve of rb dump off.  Kalil let in some bad plays.  He is not the next best LT he looked like his first year. 

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2014, 08:06:57 PM »
Hutch.... Spot on.  We had guys open by 10 yards the first drive.  What the heck happened.  I didn't watch close enough to see what the Pats did different.  They did let in some sacks, but the play calls were all 5-7 drop plays that required too much time to develop, imo and multiple times didn't use the relief valve of rb dump off.  Kalil let in some bad plays.  He is not the next best LT he looked like his first year. 

Our O-Line was getting pushed around today and I agree Kalil doesn't look at all like he did in that first year. What surprized me is not using Patterson in the run game like we did the first week, especially with AD out. I agree about RB dump off thing too, that was really non existant today. I didn't realize Cassell has been that bad on throws down field so far...he hasn't hit one yet.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2014, 08:49:24 PM »
anyone here anymore news on Peterson?

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2014, 07:25:02 AM »
I think they will address the media today.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2014, 08:55:20 AM »
Yesterday goes to show what AP does to a defense.

The 1st drive the Patriots saw what the Vikings had in mind and adjusted rather quickly the following series. They were then fine to allow Cassel to make mistakes, and boy did he. If you noticed Mayo was attacking the dump offs after the 1st series? His quickness and sure tackling stopped the Asiata threat the next series and pretty much the rest of the 1nd half. The second half that threat was long gone.

Brady didn't have a great game and the middle of the defense was exposed to Ridley continuing to pound it at Floyd, who wasn't 100%. The game still was hanging in the balance until the breakdown of blocking on the FG ending the 1st half. That 10 point swing sealed the Vikings fate. It was what we all feared. The Vikings falling behind early, and it happened in a blink of the eye. Instead of 17-10 at the half, and a competitive game, it was 24-7 and that was all she wrote...

The special teams breakdowns were many. The FG of course and then when the Vikings were caught with only 9 men on the field another time. Line drive punts allowed Edelman room to operate, as well...

Cassel, oh my 4 INTs, really? Some were just awful throws. The last was a pass behind Asiata that got tipped into the air, but the game was over by then anyway. The O-line breakdowns were just awful as well. 6 sacks coming on Cassel holding the ball to long on some plays, but still the pressure got to him and rattled him after the 1st drive. There is really no downfield threat to stretch the defense, again. Cassel's deep ball was awful and that may have been because of the pressure, but the 1st pick was his fault. He stared down the receiver (Wright) and the Safety had time to close and make the play. Cassel's inability to extend plays is a problem as well. He made a couple good runs, but face it, he's a pocket passer and a sketchy on at that. Zimmer has already named him the starter going into next week. Should AP be unavailable again I fear another long afternoon for the Vikings. The Saint defense isn't very good, as we have seen the 1st 2 weeks. Allowing comebacks vs. the Falcons and the Browns in a form that resembled what happened 3 years ago to these very Vikings...

The Vikings got little pressure on the QB and Edelman and Gronk exposed what will happen when that occurs...

There was one play where the referee said that Rhodes didn't play the ball, and he received a PI call. Well if he didn't play the ball explain how he made the play and knocked the ball down with his hand...Kind of wonder exactly what the NFL is doing after watching the Bears vs. 49ers last evening. When Chicago couldn't move the ball the flags came out in droves. The 49ers had well over 100 yards in penalties and it bogged the game so much it really sucked watching.

The Vikings became a one dimensional team, and if that happens again, and again, this will be a looooooong season. Really to bad for Asiata, because he was having a decent start when the threat of running was taken away. I wonder how the AP situation really effected the Vikings in this contest? Probably not that much considering the start they got, but he is a home run threat every time he touches the ball, where Asiata is not. One thing for sure, the Vikings better get better on the O-line in a hurry, or the RB will be inconsequential.

Now it's on to New Orleans and a team that is desperate for a win. Going on the road vs. a team that has to win, after a defeat like the Vikings just took appears a tall order. If Cassel throws a multi INT game again the whispers will grow louder for Teddy to play, and really how can they not? We know what he have in Cassel and the upside isn't all that up...Teddy on the other hand needs the time and I was hoping he'd actually get to game 6 or so before he was put in, but Zimmer won't stand for this chit for very long. The roller coaster of a transitional season has begun. I'll take solace that it's only one game and the Vikings are still tied for the division lead. Hey gotta look for something positive after this complete mess...SKOL Brother!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 09:00:41 AM by kokomodan »

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2014, 11:24:02 AM »
Vikings are tied for the division lead! I like it Koko! They looked like world beaters the first series! Right down the field for a touchdown and then "Bill" made the adjustments and it was lights out for the Vikings. That was hard to watch, but everyone knows that these first 6 games are tough. I'm hoping Turner can make the adjustments he needs to for the Saints and we get another win. Cassel flat out looked bad and he went down a notch in my opinion when he used the old Ponder line afterwards. " I know I need to get better and I will."  lame1
Don't say it, show it! Make me believe that you are capable of being a starting QB in the NFL! If not bring in Teddy and let him get the experience. Let's put this one behind us and move forward.

Skol Vikings!!! cheer1
min1 stl3

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2014, 11:50:39 AM »
Even with some of then throws Cassell was making he was hitting guys right infront of defenders on crossing routes which was nuts. No sure if it was the pressure or what but if he waits a second longer as the WR clears the LB we have a few big plays. I went back and watched the game again (like the punishment)...game plan seemed fine but the execution by the o_line and Cassell was just pathetic. I was like you Koko in hoping we could get through week 6 before Teddy comes in but if this doesn't change in a hurry that could all change.

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.