Author Topic: Adrian Peterson Indicted  (Read 936 times)

Offline ozpackerfan

• Super Mod
  • Coach
Adrian Peterson Indicted
« on: September 12, 2014, 05:00:15 PM »
HOUSTON (KTRK) --
 Star NFL running back Adrian Peterson of the Minnesota Vikings has been indicted by a Montgomery County grand jury on charges of reckless or negligent injury to a child.

The charges were confirmed by attorney Rusty Hardin, who said he's working on a statement.

http://abc13.com/sports/nfl-star-adrian-peterson-indicted-in-montgomery-co/306594/

Offline DLPackers

• 2011 NFL Champs - Packers!!!
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Packers number one!!!
Re: Adrian Peterson Indicted
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 06:07:11 PM »
Statements are out and the story is a big one here. AP has been deactivated and it sounds like this could be bad. Will have to result in a suspension of large proportions with the Ray Rice saga.
So I am a Packers fan in North Carolina, that just means I'm smarter than the rest of 'em!!!

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 11:31:47 AM »
It all depends on the indictment brought down. In Texas parents are allowed to discipline their children as they feel appropriate within reason. If he is charged with Reckless child abuse he is done and will be in jail, if it is viewed as negligent that means he didn't intend to harm the child, but neglected to realize the harm he was doing. That is a misdemeanor and will probably result in probation or a fine. It is not right in either case, but given Peterson's past he doesn't seem like the type of person to purposefully hurt his own child. Just my opinion.
min1 stl3

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 11:52:32 AM »
Opinions of discipline will vary in everyone's view since they were all raised different.  For me, discipline stops at spanking and I hate doing it.  There is laws that allow discipline. But there is a threshold.

I have heard AP whipped his 4 year old close to 40 times with a stick (the marks show it).  Beat his privates in a "discipline room." That is child abuse in my opinion.  I was his biggest fan.  Lost some respect when i heard about 7 kids between 5 women.  But it all went out the window when I heard details this morning.  I hope, for the kids sake, it wasn't as bad as it is being reported. But I personally cannot cheer for Adrian anymore. 
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline bluenosecanuck

• Attention Whore
  • Star
  • Aka SLKaos
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 01:49:45 PM »
Opinions of discipline will vary in everyone's view since they were all raised different.  For me, discipline stops at spanking and I hate doing it.  There is laws that allow discipline. But there is a threshold.

I have heard AP whipped his 4 year old close to 40 times with a stick (the marks show it).  Beat his privates in a "discipline room." That is child abuse in my opinion.  I was his biggest fan.  Lost some respect when i heard about 7 kids between 5 women.  But it all went out the window when I heard details this morning.  I hope, for the kids sake, it wasn't as bad as it is being reported. But I personally cannot cheer for Adrian anymore. 

I hope for the child's sake that report is overblown and not even close to the truth.

But if it is true, then it appears Peterson has truly become the face of the Vikings.

No, I'm not taking you seriously

Offline VeN 1473

• Backup
  • I do what I do
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 03:46:58 PM »
Remember how much that Quest dude on CBS hated Adrian Peterson? God I feel dumb now that I've got to agree with him. If heard tomorrow that AD was a Cowboy and the Vikes got a first rounder and Murray for him, I'd be in ecstatic.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 05:37:39 PM »
Ha,  that same thought went through my head, Ven. 

I should say.  I don't think AP deserves life time ban or anything.  But things like this bug me.  Having a 3 year old, who has melt downs that make you pop blood vessels in your eyes.  I just don't see this "southern lifestyle" as a positive one.  A 12 year old can cry and say sorry, stop, i understand (although I still wouldn't do it regardless of age). But a 4 year old can't do hardly anything except say "OWIE!" They don't have quite the understanding what's happening at that age.

I didn't mind Vick returning to the game, But I still think he's a POS.
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline DLPackers

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Packers number one!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 07:55:06 PM »
The kid had leaves shoved in his mouth to keep him quiet while this was happening. I think some physical punishment is good for kids. Whipped 40 some time with a stick, and in the privates, not ok.

I've always respected AP and said he was the best RB ever. He is still a great RB too. But he's a horrible person as more about him comes out, we've all heard it. It's sad, but he should not play, he should be banned for the season.
So I am a Packers fan in North Carolina, that just means I'm smarter than the rest of 'em!!!

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 09:11:39 PM »
This is the first I have heard about the 40 times and his privates.....I saw some of the pictures and that was child abuse. After hearing this I really can understand how the Vikings can allow him to play. At first I thought he needed help but now the low life needs to go to jail for a few years and hopefully realize just how wrong he was. To put leaves in the kids mouth so he can't scream.....to a 4 year old....I really hope someone tales him out at the knees and permanently end his career......just a piece of garbage.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 09:31:34 PM »
.....to a 4 year old...

That is the key, not that abuse is only a certain age, but you saw my post.  4 year olds act out.  My 3 year old know when I am upset without abuse.... I get sick when I imagine what happened in that household. They deserve to learn (the hard way, long suspensions) but should be allowed to learn and come back.  (BTW,  I wouldn't care if AP is traded to tomorrow, even for a bag of stickers). But he deserves punishment and be allowed back.  But again, for the third time.  I will never cheer for him again.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 09:42:32 PM »
Still.. my  biggest concern is for the child.  I hope he doesn't fear the person that is meant to protect him at all costs.  The father.  Simple discipline methods get the message across.  You have to be a loving father first and foremost.  I know everyone will have diff opinions.  Kids listen, even though they don't always understand right away.  I have spanked on two occasions and have hated it since. But I am not against it.  My kid cried and I almost cried.  (it wasn't too hard, but enough to get their attention). This was an absolute beating... And done to a 4 year old.... I cannot stand for that chit.

Offline ozpackerfan

• Super Mod
  • Coach
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 04:47:49 AM »
Hang on, leaves shoved in his mouth so he wouldn't scream, beaten with a stick 40 times including to the privates...?

Are these facts or rumour?

Having the foresight to shove leaves in his mouth indicates premeditation. Seriously, this is serial killer stuff if it's true but lets let AP have his day in court before we crucify him. I'd like to know facts, not media hype.

Offline bluenosecanuck

• Attention Whore
  • Star
  • Aka SLKaos
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 05:58:12 AM »
One game suspension deactivation (he needed to get paid you know) and all is well.  It's good to know the Vikings are taking repeated, premeditated child abuse seriously.

No, I'm not taking you seriously

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 06:59:44 AM »
That is the key, not that abuse is only a certain age, but you saw my post.  4 year olds act out.  My 3 year old know when I am upset without abuse.... I get sick when I imagine what happened in that household. They deserve to learn (the hard way, long suspensions) but should be allowed to learn and come back.  (BTW,  I wouldn't care if AP is traded to tomorrow, even for a bag of stickers). But he deserves punishment and be allowed back.  But again, for the third time.  I will never cheer for him again.

I can never ever cheer for him again either, he needs to be gone now if what is being published is true. It hits home in a hurry doesn't it Simmion when you have kids especially kids that age. How someone could do that to a child and anyone try and defend it's his right or just discipline or they grew up with it and it was done out of love is shocking and disgusting. I guess a second claim has come out that he beat another one of his kids and left a big cut of the childs head.

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2014, 08:09:37 AM »

I haven't heard all of this. If it is true he needs to be cut immediately, forget trades, forget draft picks, forget AD! The word I'm hearing on the second case is that it was from over a year ago and was reviewed by the authorities and deemed as an accident where the child hit their head on a child seat, but it was while be punished. This man needs help with anger issues at the least and he may need much more than that. As someone who was spanked on many occasions with many different items, including a leather razor strap and a hog whip, I can unequivocally state that I  know what a spanking is and I don't condone it! I have never hit my daughter and she has grown into a beautiful young woman who is respectful of others and is capable of making good decisions on her own without the threat of being hit. If I raise my voice to her it is often more than enough to get her attention and if it isn't enough there are plenty of ways to punish her that hurt her more than a spanking. I think we need to let all of the facts come out, but more importantly, we need to get AD some help which will also help his children.
min1 stl3

Offline DLPackers

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Packers number one!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2014, 10:35:00 AM »
Hang on, leaves shoved in his mouth so he wouldn't scream, beaten with a stick 40 times including to the privates...?

Are these facts or rumour?

Having the foresight to shove leaves in his mouth indicates premeditation. Seriously, this is serial killer stuff if it's true but lets let AP have his day in court before we crucify him. I'd like to know facts, not media hype.

These are facts that were in the official report.

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.