Author Topic: The Teddy Era Officially begins  (Read 7707 times)

Offline Simmion

• Star
The Teddy Era Officially begins
« on: September 24, 2014, 09:46:25 AM »
Cassel on IR.  No controversy.  If Teddy struggles, its still him and he can come back and learn instead of starting a new guy each week.
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
Re: The Teddy Era Officially begins
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 03:11:12 PM »
Cassel on IR.  No controversy.  If Teddy struggles, its still him and he can come back and learn instead of starting a new guy each week.

This is really an ideal situation right now for Teddy to learn and the team to evaluate him. Like you said, no controversy and also no AD as a crutch either. If we are going to have a shot at any game Teddy will have to produce as field goals, like last game, won't get it done. Hopefully he stays healthy, really don't want to see Ponder on the field ever again.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 05:35:27 PM »
and also no AD as a crutch either.

I didn't think of that.  He needs to do it all himself after seeing what we got.

I heard Corey Chavious on KFAN this morning suggest a trade with Oakland sending a 6th or 7th round pick for Darren McFadden, and you know what.  I like that. Someone that has speed, can catch out of the backfield.  Don't know about his blocking.  But someone that has had success in the NFL and not Asiata and essentially two rookies (Banyard not really seeing time).
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 07:56:43 PM »
I didn't think of that.  He needs to do it all himself after seeing what we got.

I heard Corey Chavious on KFAN this morning suggest a trade with Oakland sending a 6th or 7th round pick for Darren McFadden, and you know what.  I like that. Someone that has speed, can catch out of the backfield.  Don't know about his blocking.  But someone that has had success in the NFL and not Asiata and essentially two rookies (Banyard not really seeing time).

For a 6th or 7th rounder  ? heck ya.   We really need a back that can catch the ball well...blocking would be nice too. Decent speed would be really good.....Is this just a suggestion or is there any chance this happens?

Offline VeN 1473

• Backup
  • I do what I do
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 08:31:13 PM »
I think it was just PA and Chavous talking possibilities. They brought up the fact that Felix Jones doesn't have a job either. I'd love getting McFadden for a 5th or less. McKinnon could learn some stuff from the type of back he is too. Since Rudolph is down, Teddy needs an outlet and McFadden would be perfect for the job as long as he can stay healthy.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 07:00:18 AM »
There are a number of teams with many injury issues. The start to this season has been over the top with the amount of key players going down.

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 09:39:26 PM »
I have been a Vikings fan since God made dirt, let Teddy time begin, I have high hopes for the future. but give me a break  if I had money and was a betting man, witch I am but have no money I'd bet the house on Atlanta 2 to 3 points depending on where you bet,we have 5 starters out. somebody is gunna get rich. hope I'm wrong, go Vikes
PAGE NAMED NFLS MVP — In 1971 Alan Page became the first defensive player to be named the Most Valuable Player of the National Football League by the Associated Press. Page headed a Vikings defense that held opponents to fewer than 10 points a game.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 06:22:08 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  Ponder is in!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 06:47:08 PM »
Is McKinnon our new starting RB?

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 07:43:57 PM »
Now wasn't that fun to watch. This is how an offense is supposed to operate. Not taking anything away from Teddy because he had an amazing day but what a difference having a real OC in Turner. No AD, No Rudolph so you them use your best offensive weapon as a decoy most of the game and take advantage of it. Teddy was amazing and this should really boost his confidence. Watching how the offense spread things around was just as amazing. McKinnon is going to be a special player and its great having 2 RB's who van can the ball out of the back field. The O-line was great too pushing around the Falcon line.

As much as that was a great win it will be a tough order going into Green Bay Thursday.

The biggest concern and it's a huge one is our 3rd down defense. It is by far the worst 3rd down defense in the freaking league. That unit is still atleast another year away. Captain M needs to be benched.

End of the day it was a huge success for our offense and realistically just showed why we don't need a 14 million dollar RB, even one as good as AD . With AD in the back field that offense we ran today doesn't work. Add one more top end WR in next years draft and we will be very scary.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 07:51:42 PM »
Hutch.. .the 3rd down defense was pathetic at best.  3rd and 12.  Hey lets let in a 13 yard pass.  3rd and 20.  Let in a 21 yard pass.  I was furious.  If I were Zimmer I would immediately address this in practice.  But I also thought Ronde Barber brought up a good talker.  Even if you are in zone.  after time. on 3rd down, move to cover someone instead of sitting in your designated spot after the play develops.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 08:04:15 PM »
Favorite thing about Teddy.  He looks like he is ordering fast food whether it is 1st and 5 in the 1st quarter or 3rd and 16 on a key 4th quarter play.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2014, 08:15:00 PM »
Hutch.. .the 3rd down defense was pathetic at best.  3rd and 12.  Hey lets let in a 13 yard pass.  3rd and 20.  Let in a 21 yard pass.  I was furious.  If I were Zimmer I would immediately address this in practice.  But I also thought Ronde Barber brought up a good talker.  Even if you are in zone.  after time. on 3rd down, move to cover someone instead of sitting in your designated spot after the play develops.

No kidding, guys were to open especially on the 3rd and longs. I know Atlanta has a solid offense but we were great on 1st and 2nd down today and it just didn't matter what the 3rd and distance it was they were converting. Did you notice Captain M Simmion? He was just bad, he had Hester dead to rights and we would have been off the field and Hester just shoves him to the ground and takes off to the end zone...then he blows his coverage on the falcon first TD and the WR just walks in. Lots of corrections to make moving forward.

Hope Teddy can go Thursday. The Falcon D-Line is one of the weaker lines in the NFL so nice to see our line win those battles today. When we play Green Bay and especially the Lions, that's when we will find out where this offense is. Still not sold on Matt as our starting RB but McKinnon just added another nice weapon to our offense. J. Wright had a huge day today, now that was a nice surprise and that is a testament to Turner and his game planning ability. Teddy had a great day executing the offense but you need everyone insinc and buying in and that looks like it is happening.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2014, 08:16:36 PM »
Favorite thing about Teddy.  He looks like he is ordering fast food whether it is 1st and 5 in the 1st quarter or 3rd and 16 on a key 4th quarter play.

The kids composure was scary good. Win or lose he should be fun to watch.

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 11:10:14 AM »
  he looked really good, nice start.
PAGE NAMED NFLS MVP — In 1971 Alan Page became the first defensive player to be named the Most Valuable Player of the National Football League by the Associated Press. Page headed a Vikings defense that held opponents to fewer than 10 points a game.

Offline kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • See y'all later, TS65 and tg
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 11:24:10 AM »
Prime time Vikings-Packers game.  Man it as been a long time.

I hope you guys start after Thursday's game to start kicking the crap outta the Lions and Bears.  Give us poor Packers fans a break and let us win one
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

LIVE FREE OR DIE

As a general rule of thumb, it’s a bad idea to try to rob the home of people who decorate with animal skulls."

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 10:00:34 PM »
Just watching the Chiefs Pats game....what a blow out for the Chiefs. Even with a bad ankle J. Charles is freaking amazing. Put him and McKinnon in our back field and look out...dare to dream.

Offline VeN 1473

• Backup
  • I do what I do
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2014, 12:16:01 PM »
Ha hutch I would love to see Charles in Minnesota too, but there is no chance the Chiefs let him go. Davis has looked good, but Charles looked great again last night. There is a statute outside the Union Station down here and the city voted to have a Charles jersey put on it. They just gave him a new contract, that's actually pretty reasonable. They did that before Alex Smith or any of their defensive stars got one. We'll just have to hope McKinnon gets his blocking down so he might turn into our own Charles

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2014, 01:01:15 PM »
Ha hutch I would love to see Charles in Minnesota too, but there is no chance the Chiefs let him go. Davis has looked good, but Charles looked great again last night. There is a statute outside the Union Station down here and the city voted to have a Charles jersey put on it. They just gave him a new contract, that's actually pretty reasonable. They did that before Alex Smith or any of their defensive stars got one. We'll just have to hope McKinnon gets his blocking down so he might turn into our own Charles

I hope McKinnon works out too and we can keep him on the field more often. I'm a Charles fan and have made it known I'd take him over AD because of his pass catching ability...maybe we find a solid back in next years draft.  That would be pretty cool if they put a jersey on the statue ....the guy is pretty much 60 % of their offense

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2014, 07:58:35 AM »
I will never watch another minute of Viking football if Ponder is in the game. What a pathetic piece of crap....would rather have a rookie with no experience from the practice squad play. That was just bad.

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2014, 08:01:10 AM »
His line (22/44 for 222 yards and a pair of picks) doesn't do his performance the negative justice it deserves.

The reality is he doesn't have a strong enough arm at this point, folds under pressure too easily and doesn't anticipate throws well at all.

On the bright side he did score a rushing touchdown, which means he outscored Tom Brady in fantasy last week. Watch out Teddy!

Might have a quaterback controversy brewing in Minnesota folks
— PFTCommenter (@PFTCommenter) October 3, 2014

This statement says it all about #7. I don't even want to utter his name. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth!
min1 stl3

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2014, 09:17:47 AM »
Game starts and ends again IMO with the the O & D Line.  Just terrible.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2014, 10:58:15 AM »
Game starts and ends again IMO with the the O & D Line.  Just terrible.

Fully expected the D-Line to be a work in progress as there are many changes but they were pushed around and had a tough time getting off blocks. I don't get the O-Line though.....Zimmer/Norv never drafted/signed these guys so everyone of them better pick it up or bye bye. As bad  as many were nothing IMO tops #7 performance...

The positive is we are 2-3 still and a lot can change over the year. I thought we'd be 1-5 to start the season so it's better than I expected. Hopefully we see improvement in the lines next week...Going against the lions defensive front will be really tough.

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2014, 08:50:00 AM »
After watching Zimmer's press conference, I want to say again how much I like this guy! He doesn't hold back anything! He stated plain and simple this performance was unacceptable. My guess is if the players don't pick it up the next game we may see some changes made in the rotation. My favorite statement was when he said the difference between here and Cinci was that at Cinci he would only get to yell at the defense here he gets to yell at both sides of the ball.

Love it! Give'em hell Zimm! CNA
min1 stl3

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2014, 09:19:29 AM »
After watching Zimmer's press conference, I want to say again how much I like this guy! He doesn't hold back anything! He stated plain and simple this performance was unacceptable. My guess is if the players don't pick it up the next game we may see some changes made in the rotation. My favorite statement was when he said the difference between here and Cinci was that at Cinci he would only get to yell at the defense here he gets to yell at both sides of the ball.

Love it! Give'em hell Zimm! CNA

That's too funny BtlsFan, I never saw the press conference but getting to yell at both sides remark is priceless. The biggest concern IMO is the run defense or lack of it. Zimmer preaches this this and the main focus of the unit. The lack of discipline for guys not holding their gaps or not getting off blocks is very concerning. IT's a handful of players that are the concern and the beching you mentioned could coming very soon....its selfish football from a few that is really causing a problem. I hope Teddy is 100% because he will be running for his life against the Lions. Only positive for is is Johnson reinjured his ankle again and could miss this game.

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.