Author Topic: The People's Poll  (Read 81 times)

Offline Hoosierguy1019

• Starter
The People's Poll
« on: October 06, 2014, 12:51:17 PM »
Hello all. I know many of you were members over at cbssports until they took down the boards. Some of you may also know I helped run The People's Poll on the college basketball board, and this year I would like to bring it back. For those of you unfamiliar with the poll, it is composed of votes from fans across the message board (usually around 30-40). The Poll comes out each week like a normal poll but it's voters are normal people, just fans of the game, which is what makes it so great, because the fans (should) be what drives all sports. I plan on creating a new website and open the voting for the preseason poll within the next few weeks. Hopefully we can return the poll to its former glory. I'll be in touch with more information soon.

Offline Cali Cat

• Once she sinks her claws in...it's OVER
  • Site Moderator
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
Re: The People's Poll
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 12:58:55 PM »
Hi, Hoosierguy!

Of the many losses lamented with the demise of the cBS message boards, your People's Poll was certainly one of them.
I'm so glad to see you'll be bringing it back.
I'm going to post a link to this thread in a couple of other forums, as people around here are spread out all over the place.

Oh, and if you don't recognize my SN, I did most of my cbb posting under "ukfanfrombirth."
memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Coach
  • See y'all later, TS65 and tg
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 01:06:47 PM »
Same girl, different dance.  I'm in.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

LIVE FREE OR DIE

As a general rule of thumb, it’s a bad idea to try to rob the home of people who decorate with animal skulls."

Offline Coach

• Contributing Member
  • Hall of Famer
  • Go Tigers Go
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 11:45:01 AM »
Thanks Hoosierguy! This is totally awesome! <in my best Jeff Spicolly voice>

I'm not sure if I'll have the time to participate, but I really hope I can manage it.

College hoop fans need my opinion. Hell, lets not kid ourselves, the whole world needs my opinion. ;)

Thanks for getting this started again, and I am very much looking forward to it.
It's kinda funny, cause Cali Cat and I were discussing you and the peoples poll just last year. Were your ears burning???
duke1 memphis1  wsh1  wsh2  bal3

Offline Hoosierguy1019

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 01:44:13 PM »
I'm very excited to bring it back! The website is very much still under construction but it's in the works. This way you all always know where to find it. Feel free to check it out. http://thepeoplespoll.weebly.com/

Offline Hoosierguy1019

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 11:48:29 AM »
Hey everyone. I am going to open the voting on Friday and the website should be done by then. Submissions will be accepted until Sunday November 2nd at 12PM (this will not be when the normal rankings are due by). This gives everyone a week and half to submit their rankings and hopefully we can round up some more people. Please let everyone know on other forums!

**Subject to Change**

Offline Hoosierguy1019

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 11:49:31 AM »
The website is mostly ready to go and you can submit your pre-season rankings here: http://thepeoplespoll.weebly.com/submit.html