Author Topic: Who Wins This Week?  (Read 394 times)

Offline giants7921

• Starter
  • Go F*** Yourself!
Who Wins This Week?
« on: October 11, 2014, 01:38:05 AM »
You can probably guess who I am picking based on my screen name.
Captain Planet says to recycle or he will slit your god damn throat!

Offline giants7921

• Starter
  • Go F*** Yourself!
Re: Who Wins This Week?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 01:49:04 AM »
This should be a really good game that comes down to the wire.  I think the Giants are a more complete team than the Eagles are at this point in the season.  Philly has struggled on defense and the Giants come into this game on fire on offense.  Eli is playing at an extremely high level and finally has all of his weapons available at receiver and tight end while Philly has a few injuries on defense.  Even without Jennings playing I think that Andre Williams is more than capable of filling in and having a good game this week.

The Giants defense has looked pretty good over the last month and they might be getting Jon Beason back this week.  The Eagles have not looked very good on offense over the last few weeks, especially McCoy, who is arguably their best player.  If the Giants defense can force a few turnovers that will go a long way in ensuring a victory.

The matchup that really scares me as a Giants fan is Special Teams.  The Eagles have been phenomenal on Special Teams in the return game while the Giants can't seem to stop any return man.  It would not surprise me at all to see Sproles return a punt for a touchdown this week against the Giants and that can turn the entire tide of the game.  The Giants have also struggled with turning the ball over on kickoff and punt returns this season.  They can not afford to commit any turnovers on Special Teams in a game that should be very close as most Giants vs. Eagles games are.

Offline Fog

• RIP TS65
  • Administrator
  • Coach
  • Selfies R Cool
  • Pickems Record: 12/16
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 01:59:45 AM »
Not sure what to think about the Giants right now...

They seem to want to break loose and compete better like they know they can.
NAPA KNOW HOW sea1

Offline giants7921

• Starter
  • Go F*** Yourself!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 07:20:50 PM »
Not sure what to think about the Giants right now...

They seem to want to break loose and compete better like they know they can.

They have looked really good the last 3 weeks in victory and even in the game they lost to Arizona the week before their winning streak started they looked much better.  Outside of some stupid mistakes against the Cardinals the Giants have been pretty consistent over the last month, especially Eli and the offensive line.

The Eagles on the other hand have not looked very good at all over the last few weeks but have found ways to win.  It is hard to judge if they are a good team that is finding ways to win when they are not at their best or if they are a team that isn't very good and getting lucky right now.

Offline giants7921

• Starter
  • Go F*** Yourself!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 10:10:19 PM »
Well I guess I was pretty far off thinking the Giants would beat the Eagles last week.  They looked pitiful, the Eagles looked great, and it was not even a contest.  Now the Giants will be without Victor Cruz the rest of the season which means all of the other receivers will have to step up their game.  Even though Cruz was not playing well and dropping 5 passes per game defenses still needed to concentrate on him and know where he was at all times because of his big play ability.  The Giants really need Beckham to step up and become the big play threat that he has the ability to be.