Author Topic: If you could.  (Read 972 times)

Offline Simmion

• Star
If you could.
« on: December 17, 2014, 11:13:27 PM »
I know not everyone is religious, but a thought passed by would be appreciated.

I had my second child today.  But runs the risk of brain hemorrhaging. If you could pass along a prayer or even best wishes.  My family would appreciate it.
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline Fog

• RIP TS65
  • Administrator
  • Coach
  • Selfies R Cool
  • Pickems Record: 12/16
Re: If you could.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 11:19:21 PM »

I had my second child today.  But runs the risk of brain hemorrhaging. If you could pass along a prayer or even best wishes.  My family would appreciate it.

My thoughts will be with your family.
NAPA KNOW HOW sea1

Offline Peter Gozintite

• Try to make me care less.
  • Coach
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 11:34:10 PM »
Oh man, pulling for you and your little one. chit like this chokes me up. Sending my best to you, mama, and most of all baby. Fingers and toes crossed.
What'd I miss?
In three words or less.

Offline kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • See y'all later, TS65 and tg
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 02:55:33 AM »
Hard to find the proper words. Hoping for the best for you and the family.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

LIVE FREE OR DIE

As a general rule of thumb, it’s a bad idea to try to rob the home of people who decorate with animal skulls."

Offline geneh_33

• Icon
  • Psalm 46
  • Pickems Record: 9999999-2
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 06:22:10 AM »

Prayed for you. If you like we have a prayer thread in AFR, if you would like to request prayers there. May God be with you and bless your child.
All things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Offline VeN 1473

• Backup
  • I do what I do
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 10:44:55 AM »
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! Good luck and may everything turn out safe and well for your child!

Offline Peter Gozintite

• Coach
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 11:09:21 AM »
awaiting good news man, please have good news.
What'd I miss?
In three words or less.

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 06:31:46 PM »
My thoughts are with you Simmion......Have faith that everything will be fine.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 06:41:32 PM »
Thank you, guys. Even though we don't "know" each other, this site has some good friends.

We got encouraging news that the first brain scan does not show signs of anything yet.  And that is from multiple doctor's opinion.  Still got more to go. 

Thanks again, I appreciate it.
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline Peter Gozintite

• Coach
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 10:37:07 PM »
Thats is not bad news, but let us know when you know more. I hope you and mama are holding up OK. Try to eat and rest, whether you want to or not. Waiting for better news, but i'll take what you have so far. not good luck, BEST LUCK!
What'd I miss?
In three words or less.

Offline geneh_33

• Icon
  • Psalm 46
  • Pickems Record: 9999999-2
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 07:01:17 AM »
Thank you, guys. Even though we don't "know" each other, this site has some good friends.

We got encouraging news that the first brain scan does not show signs of anything yet.  And that is from multiple doctor's opinion.  Still got more to go. 

Thanks again, I appreciate it.

Sounds good so far! Still praying.
All things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Offline kokomodan

• Star
  • Where the white women at?
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 09:09:18 AM »
Just saw this Simmion...Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Stay strong!
min1          stl3          indiana1

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 08:15:50 PM »
This past test was good news.   Blood readings were good... We have one more brain scan to go, but they think it will be a side note.  The bad news is we might have to be prepared for a life long situation of random seizures, which I am completely OK with since that is manageable.  Monday should be her last test, but the doctor's pretty positive we evaded the hemorrhaging risk.

Thanks again everyone for your kind words. You are all good people.

Offline kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • See y'all later, TS65 and tg
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 08:20:07 PM »
Rock on, Simmion.  Christmas time just got a little brighter.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

LIVE FREE OR DIE

As a general rule of thumb, it’s a bad idea to try to rob the home of people who decorate with animal skulls."

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2014, 08:24:12 PM »
Rock on, Simmion.  Christmas time just got a little brighter.

I don't want any other gift than what I got Wednesday night!   A beautiful girl with a stellar beauty mark.

Offline Peter Gozintite

• Coach
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 08:46:37 PM »

Thanks again everyone for your kind words. You are all good people.

Lets not get carried away now.

Really glad to hear that things arent touch and go anymore. Good luck man, and congratulations on the baby.
What'd I miss?
In three words or less.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 09:35:39 PM »
Lets not get carried away now.

Really glad to hear that things arent touch and go anymore. Good luck man, and congratulations on the baby.

I will never be "OK, we are all good"  But this news is additionally encouraging. We got one more brain scan to go.

I have gotten kind messages from people I rarely talk to who by all accounts have seen or experienced similar things.  You all offered kind words and supportive reinforcement.  Thank you so much. 

And thanks for the congratulations on the addition. 

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 10:12:18 AM »
That's great news Simmion......nothing is more important than family.

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2014, 05:12:20 PM »

My prayers are with you and your family Simmion.
min1 stl3

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2014, 05:18:50 PM »
I just saw this and didn't read all the posts before I posted. I am so happy for you Simmion! You have a Merry Christmas! cheer1
min1 stl3

Offline Arasmis

• NFC North Champions 4 years running: Green Bay Packers!
  • Battle God
  • Star
  • Is it Football season yet?
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2014, 02:26:41 PM »
Hey Simmion.  Hope everything is going well so far. Nothing gives you a feeling of utter frustration other than seeing a child in the hospital and there's nothing you can do even though you'd move mountains if it would help.  Unfortunately our NGS family has seen too much of this the past few years.

Certainly prayers are coming brother.  Hang in there and give us an update once in awhile.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2014, 05:43:24 PM »
Unfortunately our NGS family has seen too much of this the past few years.

I took a look at the prayer thread mentioned.  And it is so sad.  I hope they all either get good news or get strength to go on.

So far, things are going well.  Our second brain scan did not show bleeding as they originally warned they possibly saw from the first.  I think/hope we are in the clear.  Thanks for your thoughts.  The common man goes on day in and out taking one day at a time as one (family).  But support like this makes things more manageable.   

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.