Author Topic: The End of the Chevy SS  (Read 249 times)

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
The End of the Chevy SS
« on: December 31, 2014, 03:00:04 PM »
http://www.insidercarnews.com/10-cars-that-are-being-discontinued-after-2015/

The end of the Chevy SS.

My guess will be that they will slip back into the Impala trim and slap the SS on the end. 
2016 Chevy Impala SS
   mil3   gb1   wisconsin1  mil4  det2

Online mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
Re: The End of the Chevy SS
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 03:05:53 PM »
Heck NASCAR doesn't care anymore if the car is actually manufactured or not.  They allowed this POS on the track prior to being sold, so as long as it has an aero dynamic advantage on Ford and Toyota they will keep allowing it on the track.  Happy to hear it was a major bust though. 
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
  • Most Loyal Fans In Racing - The "Rowdy" Nation
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 04:15:46 PM »
Heck NASCAR doesn't care anymore if the car is actually manufactured or not.  They allowed this POS on the track prior to being sold, so as long as it has an aero dynamic advantage on Ford and Toyota they will keep allowing it on the track.  Happy to hear it was a major bust though. 

Tell us how you really feel Mikey LOL..
I am surprised Government Motors is still using the SS nameplate for 2015 knowing now for months the SS was being discontinued and really the car was never for sale in the US.
Honestly this is just another reason GM needs bailouts and still gets tax breaks until 2020 to 2021 that Ford and Toyota do not get. Bad business decisions is just what this pathetic car company does, this isn't a shocker by any means.
GM will continue to be a money pit for the American tax payer for years to come as long as city, state and local government's continue to be its best customers, Government paying Governments, just more debt, that's all.
Maybe one day they will fold forever and just go away, they continue to be pieces of junk anyways just like they always have been, money pits and lemons.
NASCAR let GM and Ford in at the wind tunnel testing for the new front end on the 2015 Camry, I am guessing GM will improve in 2016 whatever Toyota has come up with for 2015, but that isn't surprising seeing what NASCAR let them do with the GM R07 race engine and the Ford FR9 copying and bettering the original Toyota V8 in 2007. Oh well, NASCAR will always take care of GM they always have, it keeps them out of tax trouble year after year. Spikes.
Kyle"Rowdy"Busch 2015 Sprint Cup Champion !

Online Section_725

• Star
  • Try Not! Do! Or Do Not! There Is No Try!
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 05:10:30 PM »
For what it's worth, I don't know why they bother with car names. The Toyota doesn't look like a Camry, the Ford doesn't look like the Fusion, and I don't really know what the SS was actually supposed to look like. Just call them Ford, Toyota, and Chevy, and who gives a rats butt about adding a name for a car they sell, or in GM's case don't sell.

grin1 Most of you red necks drive trucks anyway. grin1
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 09:31:36 PM »
grin1 Most of you red necks drive trucks anyway. grin1

I sure do and it is a Toyota LOL... How did you know I was a red neck LOL.
Happy New Year Section ! Spikes.

Online Section_725

• Star
  • Try Not! Do! Or Do Not! There Is No Try!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 11:25:54 AM »
Happy New Year to you to Spikes. I knew you drove a Toyota. I drive a Subaru, so I don't have a dog in the fight.
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
  • Home is where my treestand is
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 11:51:55 AM »
I remember when the SS was first going to be introduced they projected selling somewhere around 20k in the U.S.  According to the article only just over 2.2k have actually been sold.  Seems to me somebody's research/marketing department needs a shakeup!

Looking at that list of cars....there are some ugly cars going away, i.e. the Toyota FJ Cruiser and Nissan Cube
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 11:55:30 AM by BearDawg »
texasa&m1 tex3 dal1 hou4

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 12:48:39 PM »
Looking at that list of cars....there are some ugly cars going away, i.e. the Toyota FJ Cruiser and Nissan Cube

Yeah, I hate the FJ Cruiser, its even uglier in person than the pictures. But that Cube...man, that thing is strange.
Remember the Volkswagen Thing ! LOL. Spikes.

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 02:26:22 PM »
Yeah, I hate the FJ Cruiser, its even uglier in person than the pictures. But that Cube...man, that thing is strange.
Remember the Volkswagen Thing ! LOL. Spikes.

When I was working in Lake Placid, there was someone who had a Nissan Cube with a bumper sticker that said "you just got passed by a toaster!"....if you're going to have one, might as well have fun with it!
texasa&m1 tex3 dal1 hou4

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 10:31:25 PM »
I can't say it would be horrible for GM if the SS is replaced by the Impala again....let's face it, with the redesign the car got in late 2014, it's a lot more aggressive looking than the SS ever thought about being anyway, and more appealing in my mind

texasa&m1 tex3 dal1 hou4

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 05:18:05 PM »
I can't say it would be horrible for GM if the SS is replaced by the Impala again....let's face it, with the redesign the car got in late 2014, it's a lot more aggressive looking than the SS ever thought about being anyway, and more appealing in my mind

Id have to agree...
I am thinking about getting a 2015 Camry XSE V6...
If I can talk my wife out of wanting a Rav4 LOL...
But sweetheart.. you handle your Camry you have now so well and you look good driving it LOL...
Hope it works... Spikes.

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 10:10:45 PM »
haha good luck there, Spikes!
texasa&m1 tex3 dal1 hou4

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 10:13:55 PM »
I'm guessing he is getting a RAV4
   mil3   gb1   wisconsin1  mil4  det2

Online mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2015, 06:30:00 AM »
I can't believe he is considering a Government Motors car. 
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline SithEvolution

• Star
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2015, 07:03:42 AM »
 The Chevy SS was over priced. I was not impressed when I looked at it.

I am thinking about getting a 2015 Camry XSE V6...

Bought my wife one of these and she loves it. The creature comforts are quite impressive. Much better than my 2014 Silverado that was a good $12,000 more. That car has everything imaginable in it and has some spirit in the gas pedal. 
The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2015, 06:38:00 PM »
I can't believe he is considering a Government Motors car. 

Never even had a nightmare about buying a Government Motors vehicle again.
A Rav4 is a Toyota SUV, smaller version of the Highlander or Honda Pilot class.
For some reason she wants that when I pull her out of her 2012 Camry SE soon, Spikes.

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2015, 06:39:55 PM »
I'm guessing he is getting a RAV4

It is in the lead as of today...Dad Gummit ... Spikes.

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2015, 09:48:46 PM »
I was looking at downsizing not too long ago from the SUV i have now....something with better gas mileage.....my dad has a Ford Fiesta, I drove it around and it is damn fun to drive, talk about zippy
texasa&m1 tex3 dal1 hou4

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2015, 11:22:56 PM »
I was looking at downsizing not too long ago from the SUV i have now....something with better gas mileage.....my dad has a Ford Fiesta, I drove it around and it is damn fun to drive, talk about zippy

Yeah the smaller SUV's are popular, Hence Ms.Spikes wanting one when I brought up getting a new car...
The Nissan Rogue, the Ford, is it the Edge? the Chevy Traverse and Kia and Hyundai are making one two, well they are all over the place with the smaller sized SUV's. Oh I have no doubt about your Dads SUV being fun to drive most of them are.
But man I want a 2015 Camry LOL... Spikes.

Online mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2015, 09:00:21 AM »
Sorry Spikes, I misread your post and thought you said Camero not Camry.  I can say this from experience the Rouge is a nice vehicle.  Another option would be a Subaru Forester.  Nice SUV type vehicle all wheel drive and built in the USA.  Good luck. 
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2015, 07:53:47 AM »
Sorry Spikes, I misread your post and thought you said Camero not Camry.  I can say this from experience the Rouge is a nice vehicle.  Another option would be a Subaru Forester.  Nice SUV type vehicle all wheel drive and built in the USA.  Good luck. 

No problem my friend, racing is getting here soon, then we can all be rational again.
I am tired of seeing Rowdy shop for baby clothes and doing wheelies pushing a baby stroller around the store and helping his wife shop on social media. I have about had enough, he is losing his man card quick, but firing up 750 HP should solve that problem soon, Spikes.

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2015, 10:03:05 PM »
I have about had enough, he is losing his man card quick, but firing up 750 HP should solve that problem soon, Spikes.

Hasn't yet..... cheer1 gnite
texasa&m1 tex3 dal1 hou4

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2015, 02:08:31 PM »
Hasn't yet..... cheer1 gnite

Good Point... Hoping not after the baby CPR pictures yesterday, something about Rowdy holding a baby doll that just isn't right for the baddest ass race driver in NASCAR and playing with dolls, he better take Daytona by a storm to hold on to that card is all I have to say... we should be racing this week, enough already ! AH.....