Author Topic: Makes one wonder doesn't it.  (Read 588 times)

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
Makes one wonder doesn't it.
« on: February 16, 2015, 09:15:27 AM »
I know most on this board won't put 2 and 2 together but here is something I want everyone to think about. 

2013 years ago Danica Patrick made her Cup Debut for the 500.  She won the pole among the fan fare
2014 the 3 comes back to NASCAR and who wins the Pole,  The 3 car with Austin Dillon Won the poll.
2015 Jeff Gordon announces he is going to retire from NASCAR at the end of the season, Guess who won the poll? 

Call it what you want, but 3 major happenings at the start of the season and all 3 end up on the Poll.  Don't tell me it isn't made for TV and ratings anymore.  I can honestly say this is the 1st year in a long time that I'm not really excited about the upcoming season.  The HMS/SHR bias and the overwhelming coverage of these teams and NASCAR's total BS on ruining the sport with their stupid made for TV rules is getting to me. 

So call me what you want.  But facts speak for themselves and BTW Danica and Dillion never came close to a poll on the other restrictor plates since they won the pole at Daytona. 
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline Section_725

• Star
  • Try Not! Do! Or Do Not! There Is No Try!
Re: Makes one wonder doesn't it.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 09:24:24 AM »
I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but you present a pretty intriguing argument.
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Offline Ben Rinaldi

• NASCAR Pick 3 Manager
  • Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 09:52:03 AM »
Not sure how anyone could rig that crapshoot we saw Sunday.  That was beyond stupid on so many levels.  If so, Brian France is a genius.  Props to Clint and Kurt for speaking the truth on what a joke hat whole qualifying session was.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 09:53:34 AM by CowboysForever9 »

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 11:30:12 AM »
Not sure how anyone could rig that crapshoot we saw Sunday.  That was beyond stupid on so many levels.  If so, Brian France is a genius.  Props to Clint and Kurt for speaking the truth on what a joke hat whole qualifying session was.
As I noted on the NMBE thread - http://ngsforums.com/forums/index.php/topic,6348.4175.html
With superspeedway qualifying it is virtually impossible to have a sense of how fast a lap is going, especially harder with the new group format. Example - It looked like Stenhouse had a fantastic run but his actual time didn't pan out.

Wish that this wasn't a valid argument.
   mil3   gb1   wisconsin1  mil4  det2

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 01:58:30 PM »
Cowboy it was a hope and pray on NASCAR's part for him to make it without wrecking out.  But once in the final run, It's not to hard to tweak a computer to flash a time and then a transponder number.  So to say Brian is a genius is a far reach, but to say he made sure Jeff made the cut each sessioin isn't a reach at all. 
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline Ben Rinaldi

• NASCAR Pick 3 Manager
  • Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 02:26:24 PM »
Cowboy it was a hope and pray on NASCAR's part for him to make it without wrecking out.  But once in the final run, It's not to hard to tweak a computer to flash a time and then a transponder number.  So to say Brian is a genius is a far reach, but to say he made sure Jeff made the cut each sessioin isn't a reach at all. 
Based on watching that final lap, all the driver's lap times seem completely on point to me based on where they were on the track.  I think the team prepared a good car and Jeff did an excellent job of gapping Denny, making sure Jimmie didn't lag too far back behind him, and then diving low at the start/finish line to complete the lap.  From watching the replay, I just didn't see anything that leads me to believe the lap times were anything but what happened. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 02:28:57 PM by CowboysForever9 »

Offline hanjonquinangelz

• Veteran
  • NGS is the Best
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 06:32:02 PM »
Jimmie Johnson won the 500 pole in his rookie year, so these things do happen. Strictly coincidence.

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 06:38:28 PM »
Jimmie Johnson won the 500 pole in his rookie year, so these things do happen. Strictly coincidence.
But there wasn't the media fuss over JJ like there was with Danica, Dillion and the 3 and Jeff Gordon retiring. 
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline hanjonquinangelz

• Veteran
  • NGS is the Best
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 06:49:03 PM »
Dillon had a top 5 start in his first Dega race as well and Patrick a top 7 start last year at Dega, so they have been close. I am not going think anymore about this subject, as far as I am concerned I believe the events to be coincidence.

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
  • Home is where my treestand is
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 09:29:33 PM »
I know most on this board won't put 2 and 2 together but here is something I want everyone to think about. 

2013 years ago Danica Patrick made her Cup Debut for the 500.  She won the pole among the fan fare
2014 the 3 comes back to NASCAR and who wins the Pole,  The 3 car with Austin Dillon Won the poll.
2015 Jeff Gordon announces he is going to retire from NASCAR at the end of the season, Guess who won the poll? 

Call it what you want, but 3 major happenings at the start of the season and all 3 end up on the Poll.  Don't tell me it isn't made for TV and ratings anymore.  I can honestly say this is the 1st year in a long time that I'm not really excited about the upcoming season.  The HMS/SHR bias and the overwhelming coverage of these teams and NASCAR's total BS on ruining the sport with their stupid made for TV rules is getting to me. 

So call me what you want.  But facts speak for themselves and BTW Danica and Dillion never came close to a poll on the other restrictor plates since they won the pole at Daytona. 

As soon as Gordon won the pole, I knew this thread was coming
texasa&m1 tex3 dal1 hou4

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 09:37:44 PM »
And yet you don't have an answer do you.  Oh, wait, you'll copy cowboys response.  I forgot. 
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline Ben Rinaldi

• NASCAR Pick 3 Manager
  • Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 10:59:32 PM »
And yet you don't have an answer do you.  Oh, wait, you'll copy cowboys response.  I forgot. 
I think the same could be said for you and Spikes.  I feel many people would agree that the both of your tend to agree on most things and share each others sentiments when it comes to racing.  Sometimes certain people have like ways of thinking and seeing things similarly, right?

Then there's Super, our third type who so unique that he cannot possibly be matched  :))

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2015, 07:04:00 AM »
Cowboy, Spikes and I agree with each other because we know racing and have been following this sport longer than you or Bear have been alive.  We have seen the decline in the sport and don't mind saying it.  What I didn't like about Bears post was he had know clue in spite of what he said that I was going to point out the last 3 poles.  I'm sure he thought I was going to say something about Gordon winning the pole, but not comparing him to Danica and Austin. 

My point in this thread is all 3 of these stories were the lead in to the Speedweeks and isn't it ironic that all 3 won the pole so the headlines heading into the Daytona 500 would remain the lead story and the press didn't have to share their story with another driver they could concentrate solely their pre-speedweeks story. 
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2015, 08:58:18 AM »
My point is the current qualifying system stinks for super-speedways.  It does leave open these questions.

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 10:45:10 AM »
Just watched qualifying and you are going to try to convince me the two cars at the end of a line who have the same distance from the car in front had the fastest lap especially when they didn't close any distance.  Yea, go ahead and say it's legit.  Try to convince yourself, that the only car in front of another car gets the pole while the rest is reverse order of where they were running.  BULL Hockey
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline Ben Rinaldi

• NASCAR Pick 3 Manager
  • Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 10:54:22 AM »

The first column shows two shots of the cars as the first car in the last pack was coming to the line taking the green flag.  Clearly there's a larger gap between Gordon and Hamlin on the first lap that on the second.  Additionally, these two photos show that the last pack was almost nose to tail, so from a logistical standpoint it makes sense why the last three cars in the line would have the fastest speeds.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 10:58:30 AM by CowboysForever9 »

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 10:59:42 AM »
And did you not notice how they were following real close the pack then all of a sudden the camera went high and away from the pack.  But the thing i noticed was Jeff was a 1/2 car length behind the 11 when they went to the long shot and he was still a 1/2 car length behind at the Start Finish line.  It's ok,  It's Jeff Gordon and everyone knows he like Junior will be given the show.  Also why was JJ slower if the car behind was the fastest in that group, in every instance except the 24 and 48?  Try again.  Cowboy.   Nice pictures though.
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline Ben Rinaldi

• NASCAR Pick 3 Manager
  • Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2015, 11:02:22 AM »

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2015, 11:02:42 AM »
Cowboy, ever been to a Professional Wrestling gig?   I have and I taped the program to boot to see if we showed up on Camera.  They Camera shots make it look like the punch really landed.  However, live you can see the punch missed by a foot.  Fox had their camera on that pack because it was the fastest and then they zoom out to make it look like something happened that didn't.  Just sayig.
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline Ben Rinaldi

• NASCAR Pick 3 Manager
  • Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2015, 11:06:22 AM »
And did you not notice how they were following real close the pack then all of a sudden the camera went high and away from the pack.  But the thing i noticed was Jeff was a 1/2 car length behind the 11 when they went to the long shot and he was still a 1/2 car length behind at the Start Finish line.  It's ok,  It's Jeff Gordon and everyone knows he like Junior will be given the show.  Also why was JJ slower if the car behind was the fastest in that group, in every instance except the 24 and 48?  Try again.  Cowboy.   Nice pictures though.
If you look at the second group of photos I posted that zoom in on the time when Hamlin crossed the line, you will see that there was a difference in the gap between Gordon and Johnson from lap 1 to 2, which would make sense as to why Gordon had a quicker lap than Johnson.  Additionally, you can see that the gap between Hamlin and Gordon was much larger on the first lap than the second lap, which would make sense as to why he had a quicker lap than Denny.

It's your opinion and while I completely disagree with it, I figured I'd add the photos are here for others to decide based on something of substance.

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2015, 11:07:51 AM »
While you two go at it.  The main point is that this format stinks.

Offline Ben Rinaldi

• NASCAR Pick 3 Manager
  • Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2015, 11:11:41 AM »
While you two go at it.  The main point is that this format stinks.
That's the biggest thing, IMO.  That was my point on the first post I made here and I still can't believe anyone thought this was a good idea.  I mean how many times has anyone seen me praise Clint Bowyer?

The other thing nobody mentioned yet is the second round of qualifying.  The Penske cars decided to slow down on the second lap and almost cause a wreck, which is supposed to be a clear violation of the qualifying rulers this year. 

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2015, 11:13:04 AM »
And next years poll sitter at Daytona will be Chase Elliott.  Mark it now and watch.  He will be the story as the son of one of the most popular drivers makes his debut and his dad was a past champion to boot.  Another Hendrick car another Hendrick story. 
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2015, 11:14:35 AM »
That's the biggest thing, IMO.  That was my point on the first post I made here and I still can't believe anyone thought this was a good idea.  I mean how many times has anyone seen me praise Clint Bowyer?

The other thing nobody mentioned yet is the second round of qualifying.  The Penske cars decided to slow down on the second lap and almost cause a wreck, which is supposed to be a clear violation of the qualifying rulers this year. 

They weren't the only ones slowing down.

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2015, 11:18:04 AM »
It will be  Chase unless  Junior decides to retire then it will be Junior
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1