Author Topic: Makes one wonder doesn't it.  (Read 664 times)

Offline Ben Rinaldi

• NASCAR Pick 3 Manager
  • Board Mod
  • Star
Re: Makes one wonder doesn't it.
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2015, 11:23:08 AM »
It very well could be Chase next year.  He's got the equipment to make it work. 

The better question I think is do they go back to single car runs, or do they try something different? 

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2015, 11:29:52 AM »
Cowboy,  I do agree this format stinks to high heaven.  If they want to do this then Let's line them up by last years points and do the twins qualifying races to determine the starting lineups. 

I do want to give Kudos' to Reed Sorenson who manned up and said he blocked Clint causing the wreck.  Should NASCAR have blacked flagged the 44 based on the damage and knowing it was slowing the pack behind them down.  That is another debate that I'm not going into.  But NASCAR needs to do something about this before next year.  Oh, BTW how can a car that doesn't make the next round still be locked in on time?  That is total BS too.  That is like saying at phoenix next week a driver in 1st round qualifying sets a new track record,  misses the top 12 the second round then is placed number 3 in the grid because of that 1st round time. 
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline Ben Rinaldi

• NASCAR Pick 3 Manager
  • Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2015, 11:36:48 AM »
I agree with everything you said there.  It's just got so many angles of stupidity there needs to be a complete overhaul or just axe the Sunday qualifying and run the Duel races.  I didn't even know they were doing things this way until I turned the TV on at 1:30.  Thursday should be the team crapshoot, though.

Offline Ben Rinaldi

• NASCAR Pick 3 Manager
  • Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2015, 07:20:51 PM »
If anyone wants a laugh, I came across this on Twitter tonight:

Offline Super28

• Star
  • You say "Pervert" like it's a bad thing!
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2015, 09:20:38 PM »
I think the same could be said for you and Spikes.  I feel many people would agree that the both of your tend to agree on most things and share each others sentiments when it comes to racing.  Sometimes certain people have like ways of thinking and seeing things similarly, right?

Then there's Super, our third type who so unique that he cannot possibly be matched  :))

Thank You....I think....
28  2  22   21 hiya

Offline Super28

• Star
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2015, 09:23:50 PM »
28  2  22   21 hiya

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
  • Most Loyal Fans In Racing - The "Rowdy" Nation
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2015, 09:44:16 PM »
Cowboy, Spikes and I agree with each other because we know racing and have been following this sport longer than you or Bear have been alive.  We have seen the decline in the sport and don't mind saying it.  What I didn't like about Bears post was he had know clue in spite of what he said that I was going to point out the last 3 poles.  I'm sure he thought I was going to say something about Gordon winning the pole, but not comparing him to Danica and Austin. 

My point in this thread is all 3 of these stories were the lead in to the Speedweeks and isn't it ironic that all 3 won the pole so the headlines heading into the Daytona 500 would remain the lead story and the press didn't have to share their story with another driver they could concentrate solely their pre-speedweeks story. 

Guess we are being called old race fans that have seen change, change isn't always good is it Mikey.
Lets see, I have seen live, Petty and Pearson race each other, I saw Darrell Waltrip and Dale Sr. race their rookie seasons, I saw Jeff Gordon race on Thursday night thunder before he ever strapped into a stock car. I saw Jack Roush's first cup team race, I saw Hendrick Motorsports form and race their first cup race, I have seen Bud Moore Engineering, Junie Donlavey, DiGard, Robert Yates Racing ( Harry Ranier racing), Melling Racing, Bobby Allison Racing, Hoss Ellington, King Racing, Smokey's Garage, Petty Enterprises, Billy Hagan Racing, Junior Johnson and many other big name Racing Teams Fold up tents and go away.
I have seen all types of drivers and all types of personalities, the pretenders and contenders.
Of course I have an opinion, but I also have experience to go along with it, I know I sound cocky sometimes but look at me and my hero's as far back as 1972, I think my hero's had some effect on me for sure, we are all nuts really, we love racing and race fans and have seen more changes then really any other sport combined. Its been a fun ride for me and I will keep on till the end like so many drivers and teams before me. I feel lucky to have seen what I have, I do. Spikes.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 09:49:41 PM by SpikesRowdy18 »
Kyle"Rowdy"Busch 2015 Sprint Cup Champion !

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
  • Home is where my treestand is
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2015, 07:42:57 AM »
And yet you don't have an answer do you.  Oh, wait, you'll copy cowboys response.  I forgot. 

Mainly because I don't give a damn, and have better things to spend my time worrying about.....but good to see all I have to do is post to make your panties get into a bunch!

Offline molsaniceman

• Star
  • NGS is the Best
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2015, 08:51:08 AM »
If u believe this not sure why u bother watching  Why watch a rigged sport? beerme

Offline Super28

• Star
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2015, 10:23:06 AM »
Mainly because I don't give a damn, and have better things to spend my time worrying about.....but good to see all I have to do is post to make your panties get into a bunch!

Speaking of "panties in a bunch"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=D_eziLj6F_E
28  2  22   21 hiya

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2015, 05:06:59 PM »
If u believe this not sure why u bother watching  Why watch a rigged sport? beerme

You sound like someone who just had their lollypop taken away from them.  Tell me mol how do you explain the biggest pre-race topic going into speedweeks ends up on the pole?  Espeically when you can show that Neither Danica or Austin never even sniffed the pole on a Restrictor plate track again?  I await your logical explaination with facts to back up that explaination. 

But then you don't read the topic just like Beardawg doesn't.  I stated It Makes one wonder doesn't it?  but you can't see that because you get teary eyed because I pick on your boy Rick Hendrick.  And Government Motors. 
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline Section_725

• Star
  • Try Not! Do! Or Do Not! There Is No Try!
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2015, 06:42:10 AM »
2013 years ago Danica Patrick made her Cup Debut for the 500.  She won the pole among the fan fare
2014 the 3 comes back to NASCAR and who wins the Pole,  The 3 car with Austin Dillon Won the poll.
2015 Jeff Gordon announces he is going to retire from NASCAR at the end of the season, Guess who won the poll?

You sound like someone who just had their lollypop taken away from them.  Tell me mol how do you explain the biggest pre-race topic going into speedweeks ends up on the pole?  Espeically when you can show that Neither Danica or Austin never even sniffed the pole on a Restrictor plate track again?  I await your logical explaination with facts to back up that explaination. 

But then you don't read the topic just like Beardawg doesn't.  I stated It Makes one wonder doesn't it?  but you can't see that because you get teary eyed because I pick on your boy Rick Hendrick.  And Government Motors. 

Since you made the claim that they haven't sniffed a pole again, I thought I would look up the stats for Danica and Austin.

Danica's Daytona 500 debut was actually in 2012, and she started 29th which kind of blows up your theory a little. She won the poll in 2013, and started 11th in the July race that year. In 2014 she started 7th at Dega. So out of 9 starts at Daytona and Dega she has a 1st, 7th, and 11th starting position, so you can probably conclude that she did 'sniff' a pole. (that sounds so dirty)  ouch2

As far as Austin Dillon, stating he hasn't sniffed a poll since is a bit ridiculous since he has only raced at the Cup level one full year. 2013 his first Daytona start he was 8th, he was 1st in 2014, and started 5th at Dega in 2014. He has a total of 6 starts at restrictor plate races, and has started in the top 10 in half of them. I think you can say he has sniffed a pole again.
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2015, 10:55:58 AM »
Section in 2013 Danica was still considered a Rookie and was the talk of the sport prior to qualifying, and she won the pole.  In 2014 Austin Dillion was the talk of the sport prior to qualifying as he would be bringing the 3 back to the track for the 1st time since 2001.  He won the pole.

In 2015 Jeff Gordon is the talk of the sport prior to qualifying he wins the pole. 

As far as sniffing the pole, Danica hasn't come close to winning another pole.  In 2014 when she started 7th she was still 5 MPH behnd the pole winner and 3 MPH behind the driver in 6th.  So she hasn't come close. IMO

My point in this thread which I figured I would be attacked by those who can't see the forest for the trees, is the past 3 Daytona's the drivers getting all the media attention prior speedweek each won the pole.  Now you can say it's a coincident or not.  I just brought out that point for some to ponder.

But like normal there are those that don't want to discuss but just attack because I bring up a question.  Again next year when Chase Elliott wins the pole, I'll ask the question again.  And if he doesn't then someone can ask me the question (barring he doesn't get wiped out in this stupid qualifying format NASCAR is using.   
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 10:59:44 AM by mikeyfan5599 »
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline Section_725

• Star
  • Try Not! Do! Or Do Not! There Is No Try!
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2015, 12:39:42 PM »
No worries mikey. Personally I think it is a coincidence. But I usually don't watch qualifying anyway, I haven't seen this years format, although I did DVR the rerun, so I may get around to watching it.
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Offline Coach348

• Starter
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2015, 01:03:04 PM »
If anyone wants a laugh, I came across this on Twitter tonight:

According to Qualifying Rule #41 I even have a chance. Looking for sponsorship for 2016!
You can't Win if you don't Tri!

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
  • Don't try it, I have the high ground
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2015, 01:41:51 PM »
Awesome!
   mil3   gb1   wisconsin1  mil4  det2