Author Topic: Vikings Draft Talk...  (Read 8777 times)

Offline kokomodan

• Star
  • Where the white women at?
Re: Draft Talk
« Reply #375 on: May 26, 2015, 02:00:08 PM »
Preseason is for watching on replay on the NFL network. That way I can re-watch plays and players. Speaking of the NFL network they finally shut down that awful morning show. Other than Eric Davis, the crew was pretty awful. I hate listening to women tell me about football...Why doesn't some guy tell them about douche and tampons? Oh yeah, no frame of reference...
min1          stl3          indiana1

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
« Reply #376 on: May 27, 2015, 02:22:03 PM »
Have to love Zimmer...with all the crap coming out from various writes and analysts Zimmer just puts all the BS aside and spells it out for everyone.......I guess Peterson is the only one not at the OTA's and Zimmer said it nicely and to the point....Either he plays for us or he plays for no one, that's the way it is. The way he said it was the great part.....he basically took the question from a reporter and politely said..." look you bunch of retards, let me dumb it down the most I can......this is the way it is so please stop asking these stupid questions and printing your stupid blogs"  at least that's what I heard lol.
I also like Teddy's answer about playing with AD......he basically said it would be great but at this point he doesn't know what it would be like as he played all last season without him......I really hope Peterson and his agent finally get the message...the sooner he gets to camp the better for everyone involved...it's about the team not him.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #377 on: May 28, 2015, 05:41:12 PM »
AP is completely right on his Twitter rant today.  But poor timing and he sounds like a complete idiot with his 1st grade English level. I think it's a last ditch effort to tell the Vikes to Guarantee some money.  But he is gonna make some major plays this coming year earning him the biggest money a RB has ever made.  I think it's a afternoon drunken rant to those who mentioned him in some tweets.  Because "honoring a contract"  I don't see a single piece of evidence of us not honoring contracts with us paying him 8 million for sitting on his ass for a year.  This has to be calculated (poorly) to make sure Vikes keep him at his current contract.
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #378 on: May 28, 2015, 06:44:05 PM »
AP is completely right on his Twitter rant today.  But poor timing and he sounds like a complete idiot with his 1st grade English level. I think it's a last ditch effort to tell the Vikes to Guarantee some money.  But he is gonna make some major plays this coming year earning him the biggest money a RB has ever made.  I think it's a afternoon drunken rant to those who mentioned him in some tweets.  Because "honoring a contract"  I don't see a single piece of evidence of us not honoring contracts with us paying him 8 million for sitting on his ass for a year.  This has to be calculated (poorly) to make sure Vikes keep him at his current contract.

I never saw the rant and wish I had.......I think he must have seen were he ranked on the top 100 and got really pissed lol. I've mentioned many times that IMO the only way the Vikings guarantee him anything is if they feel he fits the new scheme and that's a big if. Sure he's a beast of a RB and sure he'll command extra defenders in the box but you don't pay someone or guarantee someone 15 million a year in 2016 unless you are sure he fits. Years ago he was one of our only offensive weapons but now we have a large number of weapons all of which will be wanting to touch the ball. I'm glad we have him for  2015 but no way in hell should guarantee anything unless it's at a huge reduced salary with large incentives  if he performs. Personally I don't see him a Viking after this season but time will tell

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #379 on: May 28, 2015, 06:52:00 PM »
I just read the rant...it's total bs IMO...don't talk about honoring a contract...that's why they have guarantee money...it goes both ways and many teams have been burnt by similar contracts...time to shut the %&**( up and just play....the winey ass beoch just needs to shut up already

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #380 on: May 28, 2015, 10:35:27 PM »
But his point I think in this case is similar to NBA where you sign a contract you get all the money on that contract.  Where he earned half what he signed, and now he can get cut and not get paid the 45 mil he has left.  But then again if you have a dead beat, an owner doesn't have to pay that much if he just quits.  In AP's case. he has the skill to earn it. So I don't know why he picks NOW to bitch unless he is trying to get it guaranteed incase he gets hurt.  So.... I get his point.  But F*** himself.... just for the timing of this rant alone. Vikes paid him to sit on his ass last year.  Vikes honored that..... Just F***ing play already. Don't talk to the Vikes about honoring anything.  We went above and beyond that. 

If he wants to prove that point... Take it up with the NFLPA and not twitter.
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #381 on: May 29, 2015, 07:13:23 AM »
But his point I think in this case is similar to NBA where you sign a contract you get all the money on that contract.  Where he earned half what he signed, and now he can get cut and not get paid the 45 mil he has left.  But then again if you have a dead beat, an owner doesn't have to pay that much if he just quits.  In AP's case. he has the skill to earn it. So I don't know why he picks NOW to bitch unless he is trying to get it guaranteed incase he gets hurt.  So.... I get his point.  But F*** himself.... just for the timing of this rant alone. Vikes paid him to sit on his ass last year.  Vikes honored that..... Just F***ing play already. Don't talk to the Vikes about honoring anything.  We went above and beyond that. 

If he wants to prove that point... Take it up with the NFLPA and not twitter.

I see where he is going but he is really just talking about his (the players side of it)......from the teams side of it we see every year players getting huge contracts and then not performing to them. Teams take that risk and the risk if the player is injured....it's very much a two way street. The one huge part IMO on why contracts are not fully guaranteed compared to other sports are the injury concerns....Football is a very violent gane as we all know and even having an injury that still allows you to play will have a huge impact on your performance. Its not the same in the NBA or MLB...no where close when it comes to injuries. The second part is he wants the Vikings to guarantee him a monster amount for a 30 year old RB that isn't even a 3 down back and he doesn't want to take a pay cut. If he truly wants to get paid what he is worth he'd take a huge pay cut to his base salary to lets say 6 million range and then have escalators to performance......Only problem is I doubt he'd take that as he's going IMO to used on many occasions as a decoy to draw coverage. He just sat out an entire season and got paid.....this is an earn it year for him...he wants another huge pay day at 31 years old then prove you deserve it on the field.

Offline VeN 1473

• Backup
  • I do what I do
« Reply #382 on: May 29, 2015, 09:30:13 AM »
I completely agree with him regarding injuries. I think if you get injured on the job to where you miss games or a season, those missed opportunities should be paid to the player. Peterson gets hurt at training camp and loses 12.75 million dollars... would anyone here take that risk? Now if you miss games because you get in a motorcycle accident, that's on the player.

I get his argument about being cut too. Say a player takes a pay cut to sign with the Patriots to be competitive and hopefully win a ring. Five year deal. Two years into it, the Patriots suck, BB leaves, Brady retires, toilet city. The player can't say "the organization isn't holding up their end of the bargain to be competitive, so I'm going to cut the team and sign somewhere else."

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #383 on: May 29, 2015, 10:23:44 AM »
hind sight is a wonderful thing......Teams and players negotiated this into the CBA so for me he's crying on def ears. I get the not showing up to OTA's ...I wouldn't either in his position but anything mandatory is part of his contract and CBA and he needs to honor that guarantee or not...The Vikings took the initial risk for injuries and obviously his off field stuff so now it's his turn to take some risk.....There really is a simple solution to all of this....if he really doesn't like his current contract with no guarantees then try and renegotiate it with the team........The average life span of an NFL player is what? 3 years?  Peterson wants his cake and eat it too...you knew the deal when you signed your contract so honor your end of it and stop trying to blame everyone else .......

Offline VeN 1473

• Backup
  • I do what I do
« Reply #384 on: May 29, 2015, 10:34:12 AM »
Teams know the risks too but they don't honor it. I think Peterson is a terrible person to be championing this issue, but I completely agree with what he's saying. Or trying to say might be more appropriate ha.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #385 on: May 29, 2015, 11:22:38 AM »
Teams know the risks too but they don't honor it. I think Peterson is a terrible person to be championing this issue, but I completely agree with what he's saying. Or trying to say might be more appropriate ha.

I think if the NFL is ever going to give out fully guaranteed contracts you would not be seeing these massive amounts and years hence the injury concerns.....Peterson also had the option of requesting a fully guaranteed contract when he did his deal.....any player can request whatever they want in a contract and a team can accept it or not. All amounts of contracts take into account what the guarantee portion is ....if Peterson had requested a fully guaranteed contract but it would have been done at a much lower amount than what he was paid already...much lower. If a player under performs or is injured does the team have the right to get some of that guarantee money back? No, of course not. The Vikings at honoring every aspect of his current contract.

Offline Tushay

• Hall of Famer
  • Blue Lives MATTER!!!
Draft Talk
« Reply #386 on: March 15, 2017, 11:52:45 AM »
Vikings remaining free agents RB Matt Asiata QB Shaun Hil, FB Zach Line RB Adrian Peterson T Jake Long DE Justin Trattou WR Adam Thielen (R)...
min3             min1             min2             min4

SKI-U-MAH     GO NAVY

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #387 on: March 15, 2017, 12:22:17 PM »
regarding Thielen I am guessing he is testing the FA period to get a true market value for his services.....Still think the Vikings will end up signing him unless someone really over pays.....not seeing that happening though.....as for the rest of them.....Line and Hill are the only ones I would want back.....

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
  • Vikings NFC North Champs 2015!!!
« Reply #388 on: March 15, 2017, 05:58:14 PM »
Vikings will surprise ever one and draft QB in 2nd !!! :shock:

Offline Tushay

• Hall of Famer
  • Blue Lives MATTER!!!
« Reply #389 on: March 22, 2017, 12:48:16 AM »

SKI-U-MAH     GO NAVY

Offline xfxfxf

• Veteran
  • NGS is the Best
« Reply #390 on: March 26, 2017, 09:50:06 AM »
O-line or LB. also need a DT
 Old Wr  Bolden had 67 catches last year maybe a little insurance

Offline Tushay

• Hall of Famer
  • Blue Lives MATTER!!!
« Reply #391 on: April 03, 2017, 01:35:41 AM »
The Vikings have $16.5M left in cap room after the Keenum signing. As it stands right now, they need $5.1M to sign their 2017 rookie class. We still need a RG...

SKI-U-MAH     GO NAVY

Offline Tushay

• Hall of Famer
  • Blue Lives MATTER!!!
« Reply #392 on: April 20, 2017, 06:35:45 PM »
Chuck Foreman says Mixon is worth the risk.

“I think he’s worth taking. I’ve been updating myself about the situation. I’ve watched the video and seen things that he’s done to make himself better, and he seems very sincere. I think if he’s there, the Vikings should take him. He’s a marvelous talent.”

SKI-U-MAH     GO NAVY

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #393 on: April 21, 2017, 01:34:07 PM »
Chuck Foreman says Mixon is worth the risk.

“I think he’s worth taking. I’ve been updating myself about the situation. I’ve watched the video and seen things that he’s done to make himself better, and he seems very sincere. I think if he’s there, the Vikings should take him. He’s a marvelous talent.”

I have to agree with you Tushay......Mixon hopefully makes it to us in the second round ...the guy is talented.....Curtis Samual is another great option that was mentioned too.....will be interesting to see who slides this year.

Offline Tushay

• Hall of Famer
  • Blue Lives MATTER!!!
« Reply #394 on: April 24, 2017, 03:21:06 AM »

SKI-U-MAH     GO NAVY

Offline xfxfxf

• Veteran
  • NGS is the Best
« Reply #395 on: April 25, 2017, 08:14:00 AM »
Vikes need to dig up a couple hidden gems
 like 99 the Hunter

Offline Tushay

• Hall of Famer
  • Blue Lives MATTER!!!
« Reply #396 on: April 25, 2017, 02:03:24 PM »
Spielman: "You never know if something falls out of the sky," but it's unlikely Vikings jump into first round.

SKI-U-MAH     GO NAVY

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #397 on: April 25, 2017, 06:46:57 PM »
Spielman: "You never know if something falls out of the sky," but it's unlikely Vikings jump into first round.

If McCaffry slides past middle of first the Vikings should seriously think about it.....

Offline Tushay

• Hall of Famer
  • Blue Lives MATTER!!!
« Reply #398 on: April 26, 2017, 11:54:57 AM »
NFL announced today that on Friday Vikings HOF DT John Randle to announce their 2nd-round pick & former safety Madieu Williams to announce their 3rd-round pick...

SKI-U-MAH     GO NAVY

Offline Tushay

• Hall of Famer
  • Blue Lives MATTER!!!
« Reply #399 on: April 27, 2017, 12:16:49 AM »

SKI-U-MAH     GO NAVY

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.