Author Topic: Kurt Busch suspended indefinitely  (Read 274 times)

Offline Ben Rinaldi

• NASCAR Pick 3 Manager
  • Board Mod
  • Star

Offline Section_725

• Star
  • Try Not! Do! Or Do Not! There Is No Try!
Re: Kurt Busch suspended indefinitely
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 06:46:57 PM »
He hasn't had any criminal charges filed against him. This suspension is completely unjust. If the courts rule that he is not guilty I hope Kurt sues NASCAR for lost wages, not just from racing but lost earnings from sponsorships and personal appearances.
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 08:52:11 PM »
Cowboy I agree with you, Why is NASCAR suspending Kurt when no charges have been filed.  Yet last year they stuck behind Tony Stewart when a Murder charge was hanging over his head.  I guess a gold digger is worth more than a kids life.  And I'm not saying NASCAR should have suspended Tony,  It's just if you are going to suspend someone pending charges and a trial, then what Tony was facing was a whole lot worse than what Kurt faces.  I don't hold to any man hitting a woman. 
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
  • Home is where my treestand is
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 09:29:56 PM »
Cowboy I agree with you, Why is NASCAR suspending Kurt when no charges have been filed.  Yet last year they stuck behind Tony Stewart when a Murder charge was hanging over his head.  I guess a gold digger is worth more than a kids life.  And I'm not saying NASCAR should have suspended Tony,  It's just if you are going to suspend someone pending charges and a trial, then what Tony was facing was a whole lot worse than what Kurt faces.  I don't hold to any man hitting a woman. 

What bothers me most is that NASCAR just said they are going to wait until the case is completed before they take any action.  Then, a judge says "it likely happened" and now he is suspended.  Innocent until proven guilty be damned!  Looks like it's not just NASCAR, as Chevy has severed ties with Kurt Busch also....this is going to be a long, messy situation

How about a fully relatable example, in 2013 Travis Kvapil is ARRESTED for domestic abuse, yet nothing happens to him at all.  This is fully a result of Kurt Busch being a big name and domestic violence being the new hot button issue.

===========

To look on a brighter side, it's going to give my fellow NYer Regan Smith a chance to see what he can do in that car for awhile....maybe even the full season with the way this is looking.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 09:35:22 PM by BearDawg »
texasa&m1 tex3 dal1 hou4

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
  • Most Loyal Fans In Racing - The "Rowdy" Nation
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 11:45:29 PM »
Yep, NASCAR caved to the media and peer pressure no doubt, guilty until proven innocent.
Let me tell you my problem with this case, first off she was on Fox and Friends Thursday and she said abuse goes on in NASCAR all the time... Really and NASCAR lets her get away with that, wheres the proof, where is her pictures of this attack that was reported two weeks after it happened.

She went to his motor-coach unannounced and brought her kid with her to start a fight, everyone knows this. Then a judge calls a restraining order, really, she went there, he never went to go see her. Am I missing something here.
Every other story says she is a loon, everyone here just about thinks that they broke up and she didn't like it and went crazy, prove me wrong and I will admit it, but if NASCAR wants to be the NFL and suspend athletes before they have even been arrested and charged well I hope if Busch is vindicated he sues for the money he is missing Sunday.

Like the Stewart case, just let it play out... I am betting in the end this gets throwed out, this case stinks of high heaven. Goldbrickers getting their way again, Spikes.

Kyle"Rowdy"Busch 2015 Sprint Cup Champion !

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 11:49:35 PM »
What bothers me most is that NASCAR just said they are going to wait until the case is completed before they take any action.  Then, a judge says "it likely happened" and now he is suspended.  Innocent until proven guilty be damned!  Looks like it's not just NASCAR, as Chevy has severed ties with Kurt Busch also....this is going to be a long, messy situation

How about a fully relatable example, in 2013 Travis Kvapil is ARRESTED for domestic abuse, yet nothing happens to him at all.  This is fully a result of Kurt Busch being a big name and domestic violence being the new hot button issue.

===========

To look on a brighter side, it's going to give my fellow NYer Regan Smith a chance to see what he can do in that car for awhile....maybe even the full season with the way this is looking.

True, Kvapil hasn't even been arrested.

No wonder Tony Stewart and Dale Jr. haven't gotten married, hard to tell who's in it just for the fame and fortune. Spikes.

Offline chokincolts

• Veteran
  • Timing is Everything in Life
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 08:54:56 AM »
NASCAR hates the Buschs' (just like much of the public). No surprise here from NASCAR.
Shameful and pathetic.

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 09:08:06 AM »
What will be sad is how FOX will play this come Sunday.  It will be NASCAR is right to do this blah blah blah,  Not one person, will speak out against it.  I bet on NASCAR radio the sheep over there are saying how right NASCAR is.  Isn't it amazing how fast our rights have faded over the last 6 year?  We are no longer innocent until proven guilty, we no longer have true freedom of the press, because if the press speaks out it is censored by the rest of the media outlets,  The PEOPLE of the States no longer have a right to live under the laws they wish to live under, it goes on and on and yet no one wants to talk about it or are afraid to stand up and talk about it.  Express your opinion and if it isn't the popular opinion then you are attacked. 

Now off my soapbox. 
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline Cookie

• LNU's Favorite Snacky!
  • Rookie
  • made ya look
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 09:08:06 AM »
This sounds like a bunch of bull. In this report it says
Jones noted that Driscoll presented false testimony that conflicted with that of a chaplain who saw her immediately after the alleged assault and said he didn't see any marks or bruises on her. Jones nevertheless said he didn't believe Driscoll's false testimony amounted to perjury or intentional falsehood.

The judge concluded that Busch did not appear to be a prototypical batterer who uses violence to subjugate or control, but that the incident instead was most likely a "situational" event in which Busch was unable to cope and to control his tendency to act out violently in response to stress and frustration, causing him to "snap."

At the same time, however, Jones said he believes there's real possibility that Busch will lash out again.

"Given respondent's passion for his racing career and his intemperate and frequently violent reactions to seemingly minor racing setbacks, the court finds that there exists a likelihood of future acts of domestic violence against petitioner in the event that respondent's racing career is damaged or destroyed as the result of his having been found to have committed an act of domestic violence in this case or any subsequent criminal prosecution," Jones wrote.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2015/02/20/nascar-suspends-driver-kurt-busch-over-domestic-violence-allegations/

Sounds like

A- she lied in some part and
B- they were basing it more on what COULD happen rather than what happened.

But I agree Nascar gave in to the media pressure and all that stuff. Like I said it's just bull.

If you trust your rebel heart, ride it into battle
Don't be afraid, take the road less traveled
Wear out your boots and kick up the gravel
Don't be afraid, take the road less traveled on

Offline Cookie

• LNU's Favorite Snacky!
  • Rookie
  • made ya look
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2015, 09:09:09 AM »
What will be sad is how FOX will play this come Sunday.  It will be NASCAR is right to do this blah blah blah,  Not one person, will speak out against it.  I bet on NASCAR radio the sheep over there are saying how right NASCAR is.  Isn't it amazing how fast our rights have faded over the last 6 year?  We are no longer innocent until proven guilty, we no longer have true freedom of the press, because if the press speaks out it is censored by the rest of the media outlets,  The PEOPLE of the States no longer have a right to live under the laws they wish to live under, it goes on and on and yet no one wants to talk about it or are afraid to stand up and talk about it.  Express your opinion and if it isn't the popular opinion then you are attacked. 

Now off my soapbox. 

ding ding ding

we have a winner

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2015, 09:12:19 AM »
What it sounds like to me is a judge who doesn't like Kurt Busch found a way to punish him without evidence.  That man should be removed by the BAR and his license revoked.  How the Hell can a judge make such an assumption.  That must mean each and every Football player is a woman better because they have frequent violent reactions within their sport.  And NASCAR buys into what this judge said?  What a crock of crap. 
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 09:20:52 AM »
Jones noted that Driscoll presented false testimony that conflicted with that of a chaplain who saw her immediately after the alleged assault and said he didn't see any marks or bruises on her. Jones nevertheless said he didn't believe Driscoll's false testimony amounted to perjury or intentional falsehood.

The judge concluded that Busch did not appear to be a prototypical batterer who uses violence to subjugate or control, but that the incident instead was most likely a "situational" event in which Busch was unable to cope and to control his tendency to act out violently in response to stress and frustration, causing him to "snap."

At the same time, however, Jones said he believes there's real possibility that Busch will lash out again.

"Given respondent's passion for his racing career and his intemperate and frequently violent reactions to seemingly minor racing setbacks, the court finds that there exists a likelihood of future acts of domestic violence against petitioner in the event that respondent's racing career is damaged or destroyed as the result of his having been found to have committed an act of domestic violence in this case or any subsequent criminal prosecution," Jones wrote.

That means NASCAR needs to suspend the following individuals because they may show an act of aggression against their wives/girlfriends sometime in the future.

Denny Hamlin
Jeff Gordon
Matt Kenseth
Carl Edwards
Brad Keslowski
Joey Logano
Jimmie Johnson
Kyle Busch
Clint Bowyer
Brian Vickers
Kasey Kahne
Kevin Harvick
Aric Almirola
Michael Waltrip
Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Danica Patrick
Kyle Larson
Austin Dillion
Paul Menard

All of these Drivers have shown tendencies to get highly upset after an on track incident.  Therefore according to this Judge, they just might have a tendency to hit their wife/girlfriend at sometime in their life, and if that MIGHT happen then NASCAR needs to suspend them. 
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline Cookie

• LNU's Favorite Snacky!
  • Rookie
  • made ya look
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2015, 09:35:24 AM »
to bad there isn't a love or even a like button here other than the karma cause I completely agree with mikey's post.

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2015, 10:53:16 AM »
That means NASCAR needs to suspend the following individuals because they may show an act of aggression against their wives/girlfriends sometime in the future.

Denny Hamlin
Jeff Gordon
Matt Kenseth
Carl Edwards
Brad Keslowski
Joey Logano
Jimmie Johnson
Kyle Busch
Clint Bowyer
Brian Vickers
Kasey Kahne
Kevin Harvick
Aric Almirola
Michael Waltrip
Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Danica Patrick
Kyle Larson
Austin Dillion
Paul Menard

All of these Drivers have shown tendencies to get highly upset after an on track incident.  Therefore according to this Judge, they just might have a tendency to hit their wife/girlfriend at sometime in their life, and if that MIGHT happen then NASCAR needs to suspend them. 

This is spot on.

I highly recommend not watching any pre race activities, it will just make you sick with the "WE WILL ALL FALL IN LINE AND STICK TO THE NASCAR AGENDA" you are not allowed to have an opinion or mind of your own. Spikes.

Offline bucbrett

• Contributing Member
  • Backup
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2015, 11:03:05 AM »
Great posts in this thread and I agree with just about all of it.  The major difference between this incident and Kvapil where NASCAR is concerned is that, when Kvapil's domestic violence incident happened, this issue wasn't front-and-center like it's been post-Ray Rice.  Obviously, if proof is uncovered that Kurt Busch is guilty of abusing Patricia Driscoll then the suspension should occur.  But to do it now, before he's found guilty of anything is simply NASCAR playing "cover your ass."

Anyway, go Paul Menard.
tb1 laa3 edm2 phi4 eastcarolina1

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2015, 11:38:03 AM »
Great posts in this thread and I agree with just about all of it.  The major difference between this incident and Kvapil where NASCAR is concerned is that, when Kvapil's domestic violence incident happened, this issue wasn't front-and-center like it's been post-Ray Rice.  Obviously, if proof is uncovered that Kurt Busch is guilty of abusing Patricia Driscoll then the suspension should occur.  But to do it now, before he's found guilty of anything is simply NASCAR playing "cover your ass."

Anyway, go Paul Menard.

I am looking around and the support Kurt is receiving is shocking and gives me hope, NASCAR is getting trashed in social media, and I mean trashed.
I guess even if you are a Busch people don't like their Liberty and Justice trampled on and even haters of Busch's see when something isn't right, well you don't mess with race fans, at all.
Tony Stewart was a blessed man that received so much support, and I must say something I thought id never say about a Busch brother, But Kurt is a blessed man today in adversity, he is being overwhelmingly supported because people see in justice and they see it happening too themselves so we all speak out. Spikes.