Author Topic: Will Kyle Busch be able to run in the Daytona 500  (Read 107 times)

Online mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • Three Dog Night
Will Kyle Busch be able to run in the Daytona 500
« on: February 21, 2015, 05:59:15 PM »
Kyle hit the inside wall, (a track owned by the France Family yet has no safer barriers on the inside wall) and appeared to have broken his leg/Foot?  The question is will he be able to drive the 18 tomorrow in the 500.  I hope he does.

Now for my soapbox.  If this track wasn't owned by the France family you can bet they would fine the owner for not having the safer barrier all the way around.  Jeff Gordon has been very outspoken about all walls, inside and outside should have the safer barrier.  So why doesn't Bill France Jr. practice what he preaches and install those safer barriers on all the walls at Daytona.  Because it will cost him a lot of money that's why. 
car2   atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline Jeep99tj

• Contributing Member
  • Star
  • I shoulda been a pirate.
Re: Will Kyle Busch be able to run in the Daytona 500
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 06:08:36 PM »
Any word on whether it is a broken leg? I know they put his leg in an air cast but didn't hear anything after that.
I drink tequila and listen to southern rock.
Ain't none y'all funny!
I'm the black Jeep of the family.

Offline Ben Rinaldi

• NASCAR Pick 3 Manager
  • Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 06:18:51 PM »
I'm no doctor, but it doesn't look good. 

I said this earlier tonight in the NMBE thread, but it's just ridiculous that a speedway can spend millions on renovations in the past year and then not have the barriers around the entire track.  We're 13 years after the first SAFER barrier was installed, so there's no excuses anymore from my view.

Praying for Kyle and hoping for the best.  Nobody deserves to miss time because these tracks and NASCAR cannot find a way with their millions of dollars to get the barriers around the entire track.  They've done an incredible job on improving the safety of the cars and today was a prime example of that, but the tracks need to be addressed.

EDIT:  Both Marty Smith (ESPN) and Jenna Fryer (Associated Press) have confirmed Kyle will be OUT for the Daytona 500.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 06:24:05 PM by CowboysForever9 »

Offline bucbrett

• Contributing Member
  • Backup
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 06:41:49 PM »
For the life of me I cannot fathom how there aren't SAFER barriers on every single wall on every single oval track that holds a race for any of the major three series.
tb1 laa3 edm2 phi4 eastcarolina1

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
  • Most Loyal Fans In Racing - The "Rowdy" Nation
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 06:54:30 PM »
For the life of me I cannot fathom how there aren't SAFER barriers on every single wall on every single oval track that holds a race for any of the major three series.

Yep if a safer barrier was there this wouldn't be a story.
I think the France family should be suspended for actions detrimental to stock car racing safety, no reason other than money why a safer barrier wasn't there.

Kyle is out of the 500, honestly fellows I will not be watching the race and I am serious, and I am  betting most of you will turn the channel when you hear the propaganda coming from the mouths of sheep.
Praying for Kyle's recovery, it sounds bad.
Hind site is plate racing, Kyle didn't race the Dega races last year for this reason, but even Dale Jr. races Daytona although with the plates I don't know why. Spikes. 
Kyle"Rowdy"Busch 2015 Sprint Cup Champion !

HD review of the Championship round at Homestead 2015 !

Offline bucbrett

• Contributing Member
  • Backup
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 06:59:48 PM »
Didn't Daytona just spend something in the neighborhood of $400 million on renovations?  Couldn't spend some of that on barriers?  Spikes sorry your driver won't be in the field due to NASCAR incompetence.  Par for the course for them, though.
tb1 laa3 edm2 phi4 eastcarolina1

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 07:12:17 PM »
Didn't Daytona just spend something in the neighborhood of $400 million on renovations?  Couldn't spend some of that on barriers?  Spikes sorry your driver won't be in the field due to NASCAR incompetence.  Par for the course for them, though.

Thank you Brett, I will wait for my guy to heal and he will be back, he is young and can over come this.
Kyle is the #5 driver in NASCAR souvenir sales, I am sure they will make up some rules if he comes back soon, if he has Tony Steward type surgery on his leg he will be out for a few months I am sure. Spikes.

Online mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • Three Dog Night
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 07:18:48 PM »
spikes they can give him a medical waiver just like they are doing with Brian Vickers. 

Offline Coach348

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 07:20:20 PM »
Sorry to all my Rowdy brothers out there. The Daytona 500 will not be the same without Kyle Busch competing. It's been a rough week for both the Busch Brothers. Bummer!
You can't Win if you don't Tri!

Online mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • Three Dog Night
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2015, 07:23:59 PM »
Wouldn't it be justice if Kurt wins his appeal and drives the 18 Toyota to victory and then tells Government Motors to stick it in their ear. 

Offline molsaniceman

• Star
  • NGS is the Best
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2015, 07:28:17 PM »

Barriers dont make them money
They celebrated the halfway point of a $400-million makeover on the front stretch of Daytona International Speedway. Although completion is not set until January 2016, the speedway will very much continue to be open for business, including for the Daytona 500 next February.

There will be 40,000 new seats available by that time. Upon completion, fans will be able to enjoy amenities like 14 elevators and 40 escalators that will bring them no farther than 20 rows from their seats.

The numbers at the halfway point include:

•Surpassing one million man-hours

••Installing 89 percent of the total steel

•Pouring more than 105 million pounds of concrete

•Installing 26 escalators and 4 elevators

Offline Super28

• Star
  • You say "Pervert" like it's a bad thing!
28  2  22 hiya

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2015, 08:49:38 PM »
Sorry to all my Rowdy brothers out there. The Daytona 500 will not be the same without Kyle Busch competing. It's been a rough week for both the Busch Brothers. Bummer!

Thanks Coach, yeah I lost interest in the Daytona 500 for sure, I was looking forward to Atlanta though.
Anyway Kyle has a compound Fracture to his lower right leg, I am sure a rod and surgery is in his near future, I am sure he is getting ready to miss several races. I like the Matt Crafton call, he will do ok.

I am guessing Kyle will miss 12 races at least, like Tony another surgery will have to be scheduled at some point to remove the rod. I am guessing Kyle will have that done next Nov. in the off season like Smoke is planning. Spikes.

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2015, 09:09:27 PM »
Rowdy is having surgery, I am sure he is done for a long time....

I would just let Crafton have the ride all year and see what happens, he has good car control.

Shame Erik Jones isn't old enough but he will have his chance soon enough.

Bummer, but that is sports, The Nation will be here whenever he gets back. Spikes.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 08:14:53 AM by SpikesRowdy18 »

Offline Arasmis

• NFC North Champions 4 years running: Green Bay Packers!
  • Battle God
  • Star
  • Is it Football season yet?
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2015, 07:25:36 AM »
Sob, how good would this sport be doing if it wasn't for the France family greed.

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
  • Gig 'Em!
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2015, 11:18:40 AM »
Sorry to the Rowdy nation, and praying for a speedy recovery....never liked him myself, but still have to respect that talent that won't be at the track for awhile.  Hopefully he is able to come back this year, I heard someone say it was similar to Tony's leg injury, but not as severe.

Offline bondkbond

• Hall of Famer
  • Bar Tab Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2015, 11:42:58 AM »
 dito

Totally sucks !