Author Topic: No Charges against Kurt Busch, yet NASCAR won't lift suspension  (Read 423 times)

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
Not enough evidence for Kurt to be Charged yet, NASCAR is standing firm on their suspension,stating that Kurt had accepted their unfounded punishment for reinstatement.  Once again,  the law means nothing to NASCAR. No suspension of Hendrick for being found guilty of a Felony, or Carl Haas, but a driver who wasn't even charged is being punished.  Oh, and lets not forget how NASCAR came out and stated Tony's incident was not their concern because it happened at a non-NASCAR event and NASCAR stood behind Tony. 

Again Murder means less than nothing. 

Kurt Busch will not be charged by the Delaware Attorney General's office UPDATES: Kurt Busch will not be charged by the Delaware Attorney General's office. Attorney General Matt Denn's office declined to file charges stemming from a complaint filed in November by the driver's ex-girlfriend Patricia Driscoll. Thursday's decision concludes a months-long investigation that has kept the NASCAR world guessing what would happen to the driver known as "The Outlaw."
"After a thorough consideration of all of the available information about the case, it is determined that the admissible evidence and available witnesses would likely be insufficient to meet the burden of establishing beyond a reasonable doubt that Mr. Busch committed a crime during the Sept. 26 incident," Delaware Attorney General spokesman Carl Kanefsky said in an email. "Likelihood of meeting that high burden of proof is the standard for prosecutors in bringing a case. For this reason, the Department of Justice will not pursue criminal charges in this case."
Driscoll, president of the Armed Forces Foundation and a defense contractor, alleges Busch grabbed her by the throat and slammed her head three times against the bedroom wall of his motor home during a race weekend in Dover. A Kent County Family Court commissioner ruled in favor of Driscoll last week and granted a protection order against the driver in a separate civil matter. NASCAR, acting off that civil decision, suspended the driver indefinitely, two days before the Daytona 500.
The order, which expires in 2016, stipulates that Busch has to stay 100 yards away from Driscoll, her home and workplace. At NASCAR races he has to maintain the maximum "practicable" distance from her and not attempt to contact her. "We're very disappointed that the Attorney General's office chose not to prosecute, but it only makes the order for the (protection order) that much more important," said Carolyn McNeice, Driscoll's attorney. "I understand their position, but I am disappointed."(Delaware News Journal)
AND The decision by the Delaware Attorney General's office, might not affect Busch in the interim because he's under suspension by NASCAR. The sport indefinitely suspended the Stewart-Haas Racing driver before the Daytona 500 -- a decision that was upheld on appeal -- after a family court commissioner issued a detailed opinion Feb. 20 saying that Busch had committed an act of domestic violence against Driscoll. NASCAR hasn't announced the guidelines for Busch's reinstatement but is using a domestic violence expert to help determine Busch's path. Busch has agreed to the NASCAR guidelines. The burden of proof is different in the criminal and civil cases that stem from this incident.
Kurt Busch Statement: "I am grateful that the prosecutors in Delaware listened, carefully considered the evidence, and after a thorough investigation decided to not file criminal charges against me. I wish to thank my family, friends, fans, and race team who stood by me throughout this nightmare with their unwavering support. Thanks also goes to my legal team for making sure that the truth got out and was fully provided to the prosecutors. As I have said from the beginning, I did not commit domestic abuse. I look forward to being back in racing as soon as possible and moving on with my life."(ESPN, see Driscoll's statement at USA Today)
NASCAR Statement: "NASCAR is aware of the Delaware Department of Justice announcement today regarding driver Kurt Busch. As we disclosed Monday, he has accepted the terms and conditions of a reinstatement program and is actively participating in the program. Kurt Busch's eligibility for reinstatement will continue to be governed by that program and the NASCAR Rule Book, though the elimination of the possibility of criminal charges certainly removes a significant impediment to his reinstatement."(NASCAR)(3-5-2015)
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline chokincolts

• Veteran
  • Timing is Everything in Life
Re: No Charges against Kurt Busch, yet NASCAR won't lift suspension
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 07:18:35 PM »
Do not mess with women, children, or NASCAR.  That is the primary message I have been hearing.
Having the Ray Rice settlement may make this interesting, but remember rule number 3 - DON'T MESS WITH NASCAR OR THEY WILL BLACK-BALL YOU.

And that is not a racist term (Liberals) - ostracizing someone socially.

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
  • Most Loyal Fans In Racing - The "Rowdy" Nation
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 07:39:05 PM »
Do not mess with women, children, or NASCAR.  That is the primary message I have been hearing.
Having the Ray Rice settlement may make this interesting, but remember rule number 3 - DON'T MESS WITH NASCAR OR THEY WILL BLACK-BALL YOU.

And that is not a racist term (Liberals) - ostracizing someone socially.

NASCAR has been citing the Family court case where Commissioner Jones said in that order that Driscoll lied under oath, but the fact Kurt was an athlete where tempers flare on his job that it is likely he could commit a domestic abuse crime. Read the finding for yourself. So What Jones said is that Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Kevin Harvick, Brad K., and Joey Logano could at anytime commit a domestic violent act against their spouses because of their makeup being in stressful competition therefore Kurt had to be guilty. All NASCAR drivers should be suspended under Commissioner Jones-es ruling.

Once again under the Family Courts ruling, All NASCAR drivers should be evaluated for domestic abuse before being allowed to race. Even though Driscoll lied and the Family Court said she did, but because he is an athlete with high testosterone he most likely committed the act just like every other driver would likely commit the act because of their short tempers they show on the track weekend and week out. And this is what NASCAR is clinging too. Sad. Spikes.
Kyle"Rowdy"Busch 2015 Sprint Cup Champion !

Offline Ben Rinaldi

• NASCAR Pick 3 Manager
  • Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 08:33:53 PM »
It's ridiculous, but not unexpected.  NASCAR owning up to making a mistake has about the same probability as one of us hitting the lottery jackpot.

Offline SoCalSaint

• Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 09:42:56 PM »

Once again under the Family Courts ruling, All NASCAR drivers should be evaluated for domestic abuse before being allowed to race. Even though Driscoll lied and the Family Court said she did, but because he is an athlete with high testosterone he most likely committed the act just like every other driver would likely commit the act because of their short tempers they show on the track weekend and week out. And this is what NASCAR is clinging too. Sad. Spikes.

I'm going to assume that what you guys have said here is absolutely true. Driscoll has committed perjury, filed a false police report, and slander. And admitted to it. And this judge/arbitrator has found Mr Busch to be guilty by association. (pro athlete, stressful occupation, etc) Now, my question is by what statute does Nascar hang it hat on to make this suspention stick ???? Conduct unbecoming/detramental to the sport ?? There HAS to be a rule that the Frances' are pointing to. What is it ???????????????

Offline Cookie

• LNU's Favorite Snacky!
  • Rookie
  • made ya look
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 10:33:20 PM »
I'm going to assume that what you guys have said here is absolutely true. Driscoll has committed perjury, filed a false police report, and slander. And admitted to it. And this judge/arbitrator has found Mr Busch to be guilty by association. (pro athlete, stressful occupation, etc) Now, my question is by what statute does Nascar hang it hat on to make this suspention stick ???? Conduct unbecoming/detramental to the sport ?? There HAS to be a rule that the Frances' are pointing to. What is it ???????????????

here's the article where the guy said Driscoll 'presented false testimony' the section starts about paragraph 11

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2015/02/20/nascar-suspends-driver-kurt-busch-over-domestic-violence-allegations/

If you trust your rebel heart, ride it into battle
Don't be afraid, take the road less traveled
Wear out your boots and kick up the gravel
Don't be afraid, take the road less traveled on

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
  • Don't try it, I have the high ground
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 10:33:58 PM »
I believe they are being overly cautious to see if there is going to be something else that "pops up"
   mil3   gb1   wisconsin1  mil4  det2

Offline Section_725

• Star
  • Try Not! Do! Or Do Not! There Is No Try!
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 05:04:57 AM »
The suspension was BS, and if no criminal charges are going to be levied then not lifting the suspension is more BS.
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Offline Super28

• Star
  • You say "Pervert" like it's a bad thing!
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 06:41:25 AM »
NASCAR has been crooked since the 60s. Their just getting worse as time goes on because they get away with it.

28  2  22   21 hiya

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 07:49:04 AM »
And this judge/arbitrator has found Mr Busch to be guilty by association. (pro athlete, stressful occupation, etc) Now, my question is by what statute does Nascar hang it hat on to make this suspention stick ???? Conduct unbecoming/detramental to the sport ?? There HAS to be a rule that the Frances' are pointing to. What is it ???????????????

** They are making it up as they go, they are still waiting on a committee they hired to come up with a plan.
Here is Higdon's quote off NASCAR.com :

Higdon said that Busch's path toward possible reinstatement is separate from the terms of the report filed by Kent County (Del.) Commissioner David Jones, who required that Busch "be evaluated by a licensed mental health professional" and to complete any prescribed plan of treatment.

"It's very much tailored to each individual case," Higdon said of NASCAR's requirements, drawing comparisons to programs it has previously created for substance abuse and diversity sensitivity issues. "Ultimately, we've tried to get among the best in the class to execute the program, and we let them do that externally and then let them come back to us with their recommendations."

So, he is still suspended because we haven't got a plan in place much less executed our plan yet. Spikes.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 07:51:24 AM by SpikesRowdy18 »

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 07:56:19 AM »
The suspension was BS, and if no criminal charges are going to be levied then not lifting the suspension is more BS.

Now now, race car drivers that are in a relationship are inherently hot tempered according to the family court.
Kurt and every other NASCAR driver will at some point commit domestic violence...
Kurt is guilty because he is a NASCAR driver, according to Jones.

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 08:55:47 AM »
Profiling

Offline Section_725

• Star
  • Try Not! Do! Or Do Not! There Is No Try!
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 01:32:49 PM »
Profiling
I agree. We shouldn't stand for racecar-cial profiling.
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 03:35:55 PM »

The protests have begun. 

"I AM AN ANGRY NASCAR DRIVER"
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 04:11:06 PM by Jedi »

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2015, 05:19:43 PM »
Gene Haas has come out in support of Kurt, of course he went against Rick Hendrick and Tony Stewart wishes when he hired Kurt to begin with.  Of Course GM has him guilty and refuses to lift the ban  I'd laugh my butt off if Gene pulled all his backing from SHR until Kurt is reinstated and then came out and stated Tony doesn't have the finances to continue his team with Gene or Richk Hendrick backing. 
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2015, 09:14:36 PM »
Higdon stated NASCAR had no choice but to suspend Kurt Busch. when you read his statement it is clear the bowed down to "political correctness" instead of listening to what the judge said about the girl lying and there being nothing except Kurt's displeasure on the track when he believes he was wronged by another driver.  Same as all other drivers do. What a hypocrite. 

NASCAR's Higdon Says Sanctioning Body "Had To Act" By Suspending Busch: NASCAR vice president of Integrated Marketing Communications David Higdon told SiriusXM NASCAR Radio's "The Morning Drive" today that NASCAR had no choice but to suspend driver Kurt Busch in the aftermath of a Delaware Family Court's decision to grant a no-contact order to former girlfriend Patricia Driscoll. Higdon said NASCAR's decision to suspend Busch during Speedweeks 2015 at Daytona was "based on what we heard from the Commissioner in the Family Court of the state of Delaware."
Asked about the timing of the decision - just days before the season-opening Daytona 500 -- Higdon said, "We were called to task for waiting like we did. We utilized the patience that was necessary to gather the appropriate information. Then, unfortunately, the timing hit us during the Daytona 500 where Kurt received a court order from the Family Court of the state of Delaware. That was a 25-page document that we simply couldn't ignore. It was a very clear case made by that court. When you have a legitimate court in Delaware make a statement like they did, it would have been ridiculous for us to not act. We had been very patient over three months. We were dragged through lot of mud during that period, but we also felt that it was only fair to the driver that the facts come through. When they ultimately did come... we had to act. We had to make a decision (and) it was unanimous among those involved in that decision."
Yesterday, the Delaware Department of Justice announced that it would not file criminal domestic assault charges against Busch, citing insufficient evidence to prosecute. "We knew there was a chance that the Attorney General could go one way or the other," said Higdon, "(and) the Department of Justice was very clear in their statement. They determined that admissible evidence and available witnesses would likely be inefficient to meet the burden of establishing beyond a reasonable doubt that he committed a crime. They were very clear on that, just as the Commissioner in the Family Court was very clear that they were satisfied with the evidence that was presented at the trial that there was a case here.''
Higdon repeated the sanctioning body's earlier statement that the decision by Delaware's Department of Justice not charge Busch "certainly is something that is removing a significant impediment to his reinstatement.'' He did not provide a timeline for Busch's return, or comment on conditions the sanctioning body has placed on his reinstatement.(See more quotes/notes at Godfather Motorsports and NBCSports)(3-6-2015)
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline Ben Rinaldi

• NASCAR Pick 3 Manager
  • Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2015, 09:52:07 PM »
It's just a continual embarrassment for NASCAR to continue defending their actions, IMO.  As far as Kurt coming back, I think SHR will be fine with having him back in the 41 car.  The Chevy thing is the biggest issue at this stage.

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2015, 10:07:56 PM »
It's just a continual embarrassment for NASCAR to continue defending their actions, IMO.  As far as Kurt coming back, I think SHR will be fine with having him back in the 41 car.  The Chevy thing is the biggest issue at this stage.

Yeah they got to get Smith out of that car, he is just about done ever getting a decent cup ride again, he really stunk it up in practice and qualifying today. So the saga continues, Kurt is suspended by a family courts decision that sided with a LIAR, and even said she was a liar, and NASCAR cows down to political pressure and lets the Commissioner say all drivers are skeptical to committing domestic abuse. Sad NASCAR, Sad, Spikes.