Author Topic: Golden Horseshoe  (Read 344 times)

Offline Coach348

• Starter
Golden Horseshoe
« on: March 09, 2015, 09:31:36 AM »
In other news....

Jimmie Johnson has requested that Kevin Harvick return the Infamous Golden Horseshoe. With a stellar Championship run in '14 and a current string of 6 consecutive T2 finishes, it's time for Harvick to give back the lucky charm to the original owner. 
You can't Win if you don't Tri!

Offline bondkbond

• Coach
  • Bar Tab Moderator
Re: Golden Horseshoe
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 11:19:17 AM »
Definitely  has it going on right now.  They have to be cheating!    haha1
Purebred Cheesehead

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 11:38:01 AM »
Harvick has "IT" right now, and these are the tracks that he needs to run well.
   mil3   gb1   wisconsin1  mil4  det2

Offline Coach348

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 01:59:38 PM »
Exactly right guys, and I don't see him slowing down anytime soon at PIR or Fontana. Maybe he'll return it in time for Martinsville. LOL

Offline Section_725

• Star
  • Try Not! Do! Or Do Not! There Is No Try!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 03:20:59 PM »
Finders Keepers. Losers can suck it.
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Offline Ben Rinaldi

• NASCAR Pick 3 Manager
  • Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 04:53:01 PM »
Almost 20 years since someone has had a streak like Harvick has had going.  It's incredible. 

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
  • Home is where my treestand is
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 09:47:07 PM »
Its pretty amazing how well he has been running the past couple years.....especially when you look at how bad the rest of SHR has performed
texasa&m1 tex3 dal1 hou4

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 10:38:24 PM »
Its pretty amazing how well he has been running the past couple years.....especially when you look at how bad the rest of SHR has performed

That statement makes me wonder if there will be a huge shake up at RCR.  When Richard sees what Kevin is doing and then looks at his own equipment he has to ask why didn't Kevin do that with me.  So with his grand kids coming up I can see a whole shake up mid season at RCR. 
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 10:39:22 PM »
I also have to wonder if that damn shoe can find it's way into an MWR tool box. 
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline Section_725

• Star
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 05:12:48 AM »
That statement makes me wonder if there will be a huge shake up at RCR.  When Richard sees what Kevin is doing and then looks at his own equipment he has to ask why didn't Kevin do that with me.  So with his grand kids coming up I can see a whole shake up mid season at RCR. 
I thought the same thing mikey, but even at RCR he was outperforming his teammates on a regular basis and routinely made the Chase.  I always thought the RCR equipment was getting subpar, his dominance at SHR proves it.
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
  • Most Loyal Fans In Racing - The "Rowdy" Nation
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 08:28:17 AM »
In other news....

Jimmie Johnson has requested that Kevin Harvick return the Infamous Golden Horseshoe. With a stellar Championship run in '14 and a current string of 6 consecutive T2 finishes, it's time for Harvick to give back the lucky charm to the original owner. 

we have seen this many times before, Petty gets on a roll in the 70's then Pearson.
Then Bobby Allison wins for a straight year, then DW wins 24 races in two years, then Dale Sr. goes on a tear, then Bill wins every big race for 4 years, then Gordon and then Johnson.... Yep, I know my history.
Impressive what Harvick is doing but I am not surprised, he has hit his peak like many before him, but there are reasons.
Great equipment from Hendrick in a time where the rules fit him and his driving style, we've seen this before. Really good CC, we have seen this. Lack of talent in the field... I mean he only has to beat his Hendrick team mates and two Fords. And some of the other teams have drivers that should be driving an 18 wheeler to the track carrying race cars, not driving the race cars. Just look at Atlanta and Vegas, same hand full of drivers that can drive up front on the lead lap.
The talent level is really at an all time low right now. RCR has Menard because of a sponsor deal and then the grand children. RFR racing has Stenhouse and Bayne running around the track like lost little boys in the wilderness. JGR has Ragan in a top ride that forgets hes not behind the wheel of the #34 and rides around the back, maybe the #34 is better than we thought because he has no talent at all. Then SHR has Tony with mental problems and really doesn't want to touch anybody or wreck them and cause an accident so hes not racing hard, and Danica.... well you know. And Regan Smith is the joke we all knew he was, even in the Xfinity series he gets beat by a 19 year old in the same equipment and got a driving lesson at Vegas by an 18 year old with less than 10 starts in the series. What a joke that guy is. Should I go on.
Point is Harvick only has to beat a very few, NASCAR has a talent problem, then the combination of the strongest team on top of Harvick being one of the best drivers today is the perfect storm. domination and boring races could be with us for a while. Spikes. 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 08:36:04 AM by SpikesRowdy18 »
Kyle"Rowdy"Busch 2015 Sprint Cup Champion !

Offline Coach348

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 09:25:16 AM »
I also have to wonder if that damn shoe can find it's way into an MWR tool box. 
LOL - One can only hope!

Offline Coach348

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 09:33:50 AM »
Hey Spikes...I actually agree with you. Picking Fantasy Teams is pretty easy right now. Same guys doing well each week, same guys sucking right now. The only real surprise for me at all this year has been Truex Jr. and even AJ Dinger to some degree, but I imagine they will fall back to the middle of the pack soon enough. Lets face it, if JJ doesn't have tire issues at Vegas, that race comes down to the #4 & #48. Harvick will win again this week in my backyard...no doubt. I don't even have to look at Practice Times or Qualifying to set me roster this week. LOL
Coach

Offline bondkbond

• Coach
  • Bar Tab Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 10:00:23 AM »
Harvick will win again this week in my backyard...no doubt. I don't even have to look at Practice Times or Qualifying to set me roster this week. LOL
Coach

Well Section, there's the ultimate jinx for ya. LOL

Although Kevin is on a roll (right now), long way to go guys and all it takes is a couple blown tires and he could drop 10 spots in the standings. Just saying ............................

Beers on Section everyone!    grin1       ber
Purebred Cheesehead

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 10:02:19 AM »
Ultimate jinx is everyone picking Harvick in the NASCAR Suicide II game.

Also in three races I have had three losers.  This week I picked Harvick.  So yeah, he is doomed.

Offline Coach348

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2015, 11:34:09 AM »
We'll see if it's really a jinx. It's true a blown tire or motor could end his run, but I watched him live last November at PIR and he dominated the weekend for sure.

Bond, I'm not giving him the Championship yet, as I agree it's a long season, I'm just saying that there is a really, really high probability that the #4 will run good/great this weekend at PIR.

Coach

Offline bondkbond

• Coach
  • Bar Tab Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 11:46:36 AM »
You are correct Coach.
Purebred Cheesehead

Offline Coach348

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2015, 11:55:51 AM »
You are correct Coach.
Can you tell my wife that? LOL

Offline bondkbond

• Coach
  • Bar Tab Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2015, 12:07:27 PM »
LOL sure,  but this is as close as I'll get!
Purebred Cheesehead

Offline Section_725

• Star
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2015, 01:12:43 PM »
Well Section, there's the ultimate jinx for ya. LOL

Although Kevin is on a roll (right now), long way to go guys and all it takes is a couple blown tires and he could drop 10 spots in the standings. Just saying ............................

Beers on Section everyone!    grin1       ber
He has a win, so standings aren't important anymore. Another win guarantees the Chase.

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2015, 01:47:19 PM »
True.  Then the goal would be all about wins.  (and Chase track testing)

Offline SoCalSaint

• Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2015, 03:48:59 PM »
Ultimate jinx is everyone picking Harvick in the NASCAR Suicide II game. So yeah, he is doomed.

Your saying that being picked in my Suicide game is roughly the same thing as making the cover of Sports Illustrated, or Madden football, or being picked by Pete Prisco to win anything ???? Very cool. So I'm a big shot now !!!!!!!!!   joecool    Hmmmmmm......... BigShotSaint. I kinda like it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 04:10:02 PM by SoCalSaint »

Offline Section_725

• Star
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2015, 04:19:40 PM »
Your saying that being picked in my Suicide game is roughly the same thing as making the cover of Sports Illustrated, or Madden football, or being picked by Pete Prisco to win anything ???? Very cool. So I'm a big shot now !!!!!!!!!   joecool    Hmmmmmm......... BigShotSaint. I kinda like it.
No, no, no, no, no, no, you had to be a big shot, didn't you
 You had to open up your mouth

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 04:21:27 PM by Section_725 »

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2015, 08:31:46 AM »
Billy Joel must be trying to make a comeback, someone is paying to have his songs put into rotation again.

Offline Coach348

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2015, 09:07:54 PM »
Thanks again to Kevin Harvick for giving the Golden Horseshoe back to it's rightful owner. #Se7en