Author Topic: Apparently NASCAR fans are stupid  (Read 210 times)

Offline Section_725

• Star
  • Try Not! Do! Or Do Not! There Is No Try!
Apparently NASCAR fans are stupid
« on: May 16, 2015, 07:46:43 AM »
How else can you explain why Danica Patrick was voted in as the fan favorite for the All-Star race. I can't imagine what Bizarro world these people live in if they think Danica Patrick is an All-Star. Not saying she has no talent at all because you need some talent to get to this level, but she doesn't have Sprint Cup level talent, and Sprint Cup All-Star talent??!! Not even close.
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Offline chokincolts

• Veteran
  • Timing is Everything in Life
Re: Apparently NASCAR fans are stupid
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 09:52:20 AM »
I voted for Danica so that maybe there would be more crashes. Anything to make this boring series a little more exciting.
 barf2

Offline Ben Rinaldi

• NASCAR Pick 3 Manager
  • Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 10:41:23 AM »
Anything that has a fan vote, I expect the results to be stupid.  They should just do away with hay crap and let another driver in from the showdown.

Offline Section_725

• Star
  • Try Not! Do! Or Do Not! There Is No Try!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 11:48:03 AM »
It makes a mockery of the name All-Star. The whole race in general lacks excitement. Simple rule, you want in the All-Star race, then win a race. One driver from the showdown gets in, the winner. 2nd place gets nothing. No fan vote. Truex Jr. is having a great year, but he hasn't won, so no race for you either.
Past Champions who are running a full schedule should be in, and the winner from the previous year would be the only exceptions for individuals who didn't win.
I don't know how to make the race itself better other than to switch up the tracks. Charlotte just isn't exciting.
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 05:15:51 PM »
I agree Truex should have been in the race. But if it's a fan vote either junior or Danica will win. Sheep are sheep and follow the crowd.
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline Arasmis

• NFC North Champions 4 years running: Green Bay Packers!
  • Battle God
  • Star
  • Is it Football season yet?
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 08:33:09 PM »
Move the darn thing to Bristol or Martinsville.  Let's see who REALLY wants the million dollar prize.

Offline Super28

• Star
  • You say "Pervert" like it's a bad thing!
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 09:13:56 PM »
Section is stupid...Do you really think the fans voted Danica?? yeahright

yeah , right. Just like she won the pole in Daytona that one year, fair and square. uwish
 Or Junior fairly won the Busch race when he drove the #3. what1

you're smarter than that!!

28  2  22   21 hiya

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
  • Most Loyal Fans In Racing - The "Rowdy" Nation
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 09:53:27 PM »
I agree Truex should have been in the race. But if it's a fan vote either junior or Danica will win. Sheep are sheep and follow the crowd.

Yeah I have to agree, Nascar should find a way to include drivers that are having a great start in the current season. Yep Martin Truex Jr. not in this race was a disgrace. Spikes.
Kyle"Rowdy"Busch 2015 Sprint Cup Champion !

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
  • Home is where my treestand is
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 08:57:54 PM »
Anything that has a fan vote, I expect the results to be stupid.  They should just do away with hay crap and let another driver in from the showdown.

Case and point, any NBA All-Star game that has the fan vote portion.  The fans vote in players that either haven't played all year (i.e. Kobe last year), or vote in has-beens that are holding on to their past achievements (i.e. McGrady and Iverson later in his career).  I have given up hope in a majority of fans for any sport being informed enough to make the right decision, it's all just a popularity contest no matter what the sport.
texasa&m1 tex3 dal1 hou4