Author Topic: All Star Race  (Read 138 times)

Offline chokincolts

• Veteran
  • Timing is Everything in Life
All Star Race
« on: May 17, 2015, 09:29:06 AM »
Just wondering what people thought of this year's format and measuring racing feelings about this race.

Offline Ben Rinaldi

• NASCAR Pick 3 Manager
  • Board Mod
  • Star
Re: All Star Race
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 10:37:44 AM »
The first few laps after pit stops were fun, but after that it's a follow the leader game because this rules package and current car combination has a severe aero issue.  Instead of listening to what drivers wanted which was a higher horsepower and low downforce package, NASCAR decided to do the opposite and we all got a great look at what their dumb decisions have done last night.  Get within a half second of the car in front and your car goes to crap.  It's terrible and the idiots running the sport refuse to take advice from the people who actually know a thing about good racing.  Last year's package wasn't great, but it was a heck of a lot better than what we have this year.

Online mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 05:19:18 PM »
Agree Cowboy but IMO NASCAR is afraid of they put the race in the drivers hands HMS and GM will lose their dominance in the sport. Because right now the wheel men drive Fords and Toyotas
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
  • Most Loyal Fans In Racing - The "Rowdy" Nation
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 10:00:58 PM »
Well one thing it showed with the top drivers in the race was the other half that didn't race crash and wreck a lot, I really didn't miss all the extra yellows.
Let the race play out and it did that I guess, but I sure don't miss all the bad drivers out there, but they will make that up in the 600 I assure you. Spikes.
Kyle"Rowdy"Busch 2015 Sprint Cup Champion !

Offline Ben Rinaldi

• NASCAR Pick 3 Manager
  • Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 10:10:18 AM »
Agree Cowboy but IMO NASCAR is afraid of they put the race in the drivers hands HMS and GM will lose their dominance in the sport. Because right now the wheel men drive Fords and Toyotas
For what it's worth, I think there's a bunch of GM drivers that would gladly change this rules package right now.  Guess the short tracks and road courses are going to be the races to look forward to.