Author Topic: JJ to be penalized?  (Read 193 times)

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • Decades of Confusion
JJ to be penalized?
« on: May 17, 2015, 09:01:47 PM »
JJ' crew is being investigated for a possible rules violation. What does this mean? Absolutely nothing. Take points away from him so what he has a couple of wins and it won't be enough to drop him out of the top 30. I say if you get caught with a rules violation you lose one "Chase" win and if it is severe then you lose all chase wins plus points. (Note: if you have no wins you will need 2 wins for the automatic qualification to the chase). This should keep all teams honest. Anyway here is the article on Jayski.

#48 team may face penalty for all-star race violation: NASCAR officials are investigating #48-Jimmie Johnson's Hendrick Motorsports team for a possible rules violation during the Sprint All-Star Race on Saturday night. A NASCAR official said after the race that a Johnson crewman was being investigated for modifying the side skirt on Johnson's car during the race. NASCAR implemented new rules prior to this season preventing teams from modifying the side skirts during a race. NASCAR also has new video cameras monitoring pit road, making such rules violations easier to detect. Any possible penalties would be announced next week.(Sporting News)(5-17-2015)
car2   atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline SoCalSaint

• Board Mod
  • Star
Re: JJ to be penalized?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 09:08:02 PM »
When they say side skirt, what's that?? Pulling out around the wheel wells???

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
  • Most Loyal Fans In Racing - The "Rowdy" Nation
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 09:57:21 PM »
It should be only monetary, I mean it is a non points event therefore how can you reduce points.
The only other penalty that would make sense would be the CC and car chief to have to serve a race suspension I guess but I doubt that, but we will see. Spikes.
Kyle"Rowdy"Busch 2015 Sprint Cup Champion !

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • Decades of Confusion
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 06:26:31 AM »
Spikes they ruined Carl Longs career over .001 CID in the All Star Race

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
  • Most Loyal Fans In Racing - The "Rowdy" Nation
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 08:10:36 AM »
When they say side skirt, what's that?? Pulling out around the wheel wells???

Yes, especially the rear tire wells and the side skirt... The black panel (in most cases, could be colored on some cars) running the very bottom of the side doors under the car number on the doors surrounding the exhaust pipes on the right side and the same skirt on the left side of the car where the hole is cut out for the tire jack, best I can explain it, but those skirts are not to be touched after inspection is done, crews cut them all the time with sheet metal cutting scissors to seal off any air between the track and the side of the car. Spikes.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 08:13:52 AM by SpikesRowdy18 »
Kyle"Rowdy"Busch 2015 Sprint Cup Champion !

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • Decades of Confusion
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 02:46:01 PM »
Why does this not surprise me?  This team has had more violations than anyone else the past 10 years probably, and yet all they get is a slap on the wrist.  What a joke:

UPDATE: NASCAR will issue a warning but won't penalize the Hendrick Motorsports team of Jimmie Johnson for pulling out a side skirt body panel Saturday night during the Sprint All-Star Race. At the start of the year, NASCAR announced it wouldn't allow the flaring out of fenders and body panels near the wheel wells, something that occurred with regularity over the last half of the 2014 season. The penalty is that a team must come in under green to fix it or, if the repair is done while under caution, then the driver must do a pass-through penalty (driving down pit road at pit-road speed) under green. Anyone found involved in such modifications, on first offense, gets a warning.(ESPN.com)(5-19-2015)

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 03:13:57 PM »
Can't help it if the guys pull too hard on the panel!!!    roll1
   mil3   gb1   wisconsin1  mil4  det2

Offline SoCalSaint

• Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 03:18:13 PM »
C'mon Nascar. Keep it simple. Either crank on them as much as you want, or don't touch them. Period.

Offline Section_725

• Star
  • Try Not! Do! Or Do Not! There Is No Try!
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 05:27:43 AM »
Why does this not surprise me?  This team has had more violations than anyone else the past 10 years probably, and yet all they get is a slap on the wrist.  What a joke:

Mikey, the answer is in the quoted area of your post. My question is why wasn't the drive through penalty assessed during the race?

"The penalty is that a team must come in under green to fix it or, if the repair is done while under caution, then the driver must do a pass-through penalty (driving down pit road at pit-road speed) under green. Anyone found involved in such modifications, on first offense, gets a warning.(ESPN.com)(5-19-2015)"
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • Decades of Confusion
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 08:45:48 PM »
Sorry Section, this isn't their first offense.  They were given a warning last season after a race for the same thing.  I know the penalty doesn't mean a damn thing, because with 2 wins we know he is in the chase.  But this just gives more credence to the Hendrick teams get passes from NASCAR where other teams don't. 

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
  • Home is where my treestand is
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2015, 06:33:21 AM »
But the side skirt wasn't a formal rule until this season...everyone did it last year
texasa&m1 tex3 dal1 dal2

Offline Section_725

• Star
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2015, 09:17:00 AM »
But the side skirt wasn't a formal rule until this season...everyone did it last year
Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Offline Ben Rinaldi

• NASCAR Pick 3 Manager
  • Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2015, 01:34:24 PM »
Sorry Section, this isn't their first offense.  They were given a warning last season after a race for the same thing.  I know the penalty doesn't mean a damn thing, because with 2 wins we know he is in the chase.  But this just gives more credence to the Hendrick teams get passes from NASCAR where other teams don't. 
How were they given a warning for violating a rule that didn't exist?  There was no rule to break and everyone was allowed to pull the side skirts.

I think you're confusing the wheel spacer thing at Homestead with the side skirts.

Offline SoCalSaint

• Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2015, 01:44:25 PM »
All this talk about pulling on fenders brings back a memory. Sterling Marlin, super speedway. They threw a red flag and everyone stopped on the back stretch. Marlin gets out of the car and walks around it just looking. He stops, bends over and starts yanking on a rear fender. The official comes running up waving his arms around and Marlin looks at him as if to say,,,,WHAT???? I can't do that ??? Oh. OK. And walks away. Nothing ever came of it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 01:47:39 PM by SoCalSaint »

Offline Ben Rinaldi

• NASCAR Pick 3 Manager
  • Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2015, 01:52:45 PM »
All this talk about pulling on fenders brings back a memory. Sterling Marlin, super speedway. They threw a red flag and everyone stopped on the back stretch. Marlin gets out of the car and walks around it just looking. He stops, bends over and starts yanking on a rear fender. The official comes running up waving his arms around and Marlin looks at him as if to say,,,,WHAT???? I can't do that ??? Oh. OK. And walks away. Nothing ever came of it.
They sent him to the back of the field because he was leading the race until that point.  Cost him the Daytona 500.

Offline SoCalSaint

• Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2015, 02:20:48 PM »
He got sent to the back ????? I don't remember that. OK fine, I was wrong........ Crap. Now here come the old guy jokes.  greg1

Offline Section_725

• Star
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2015, 07:55:16 PM »
Yes, he was sent to the back. Huge penalty that probably cost him the win.