Author Topic: Blatter is Seppin on outta here!!  (Read 354 times)

Offline Handi

• Contributing Member.
  • Star
  • Pickems Record: first place
Re: Blatter is Seppin on outta here!!
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2015, 10:35:12 PM »
shut up stupid

that's all you got, a giant bottle of weak sauce?  dumbass hillbilly.
You better check yo'self, fool.

B&G Founding Father
Soccer Guru
Fists of Fury
Octagon of Pain

Offline Handi

• Contributing Member.
  • Star
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2015, 10:37:00 PM »
Do you think so? Or do you think he was threatened with arrest if he didn't go?

Either way, does anyone actually believe the new regime wont be just as corrupt? To get to the top of FIFA you have to have something in your pocket...

Oh I think so, all right.  Someone has flipped on Blatter and he is the one the FBI want the most.  His shady, mafia run organization is NO MORE.

VIVA a new FIFA.

B&G Founding Father
Soccer Guru
Fists of Fury
Octagon of Pain

Offline tnzazz

• Icon
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2015, 06:31:35 AM »

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/article/frank-lowy-an-open-letter/1lisccl5dxxr1cycm0bt8nlbd

Wow!  Just shows you how sleazy FIFA did things with honest countries. They exploited disasters and children for personal gain.

I think Australia will host the WC very soon. At first, I thought England or the US, but both countries have been way involved in this scandal. We also pissed off a lot of countries.

Either way, this is a great step forward and hopefully positive change is implemented. 
memphis1 ten1 nsh2 mem4

Offline Handi

• Contributing Member.
  • Star
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2015, 07:49:51 AM »
Wow!  Just shows you how sleazy FIFA did things with honest countries. They exploited disasters and children for personal gain.

I think Australia will host the WC very soon. At first, I thought England or the US, but both countries have been way involved in this scandal. We also pissed off a lot of countries.

Either way, this is a great step forward and hopefully positive change is implemented. 

How did the US piss off other countries?  The first whistle blower 9 years ago was an American journalist.  The FBI is the org. that got this thing done.  If anything, the international soccer community should be thanking USA for outting Jack Warner and taking out Sepp Blatter when enough was enough.

B&G Founding Father
Soccer Guru
Fists of Fury
Octagon of Pain

Offline tnzazz

• Icon
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2015, 08:13:05 AM »

How did the US piss off other countries?  The first whistle blower 9 years ago was an American journalist.  The FBI is the org. that got this thing done.  If anything, the international soccer community should be thanking USA for outting Jack Warner and taking out Sepp Blatter when enough was enough.

Those countries are. It's Blatter's countries that will be pissed. They will lose money.
memphis1 ten1 nsh2 mem4

Offline wild-turkey

• Star
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2015, 12:30:24 PM »
Sounds like Russia may keep their World Cup but Qatar is toast:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/sepp-blatter/11647458/Sepp-Blatter-resigns-Smoking-gun-at-head-of-Fifa-puts-Russia-2018-and-Qatar-2022-World-Cups-in-jeopardy.html

England was mentioned prominently as a replace host.

Offline Handi

• Contributing Member.
  • Star
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2015, 12:38:27 PM »
england is a good option.  they have all the required things in place.  stadiums, mass transit, security and accommodations.

However, Australia would be better.  It's never been there.   US deserves it the most, so let's hope they get 2018 or 2022

B&G Founding Father
Soccer Guru
Fists of Fury
Octagon of Pain

Offline wild-turkey

• Star
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2015, 12:48:02 PM »
england is a good option.  they have all the required things in place.  stadiums, mass transit, security and accommodations.

However, Australia would be better.  It's never been there.   US deserves it the most, so let's hope they get 2018 or 2022
Australia might be tough to pull off remember when they hosted the Olympics because their seasons are so different the Summer Olympics were actually held in the winter and live coverage was a bitch due to time zones.  Those are some big obstacles to overcome.

Offline red hessian

• Professional Lawn Darts
  • Coach
  • Sharpens you up for a bit of the old ultraviolence
  • Pickems Record: eleventy
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2015, 12:50:52 PM »
i think we send all of them off to Pitcairn Island. ALL of them.

then depress the detonator.
Light fuse, get away

Offline tnzazz

• Icon
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2015, 12:53:15 PM »

Australia might be tough to pull off remember when they hosted the Olympics because their seasons are so different the Summer Olympics were actually held in the winter and live coverage was a bitch due to time zones.  Those are some big obstacles to overcome.

Same with Brazil minus the time zone issue, but that happens every other WC. It sucks for US fans, but Aussie fans probably had games in the middle of the night when it was in Brazil. Global tournament.
memphis1 ten1 nsh2 mem4

Offline Handi

• Contributing Member.
  • Star
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2015, 01:35:12 PM »

True, but most soccer players already play in winter conditions during their domestic club games.  And I can assure you that those players would rather play in Australia than the desert heat of Qatar. 

Ohhh, but wait.  they changed the 2022 WC to a nov-dec tournament.  I period of time that club teams are still competing before a winter break.  now the players will play thru their "recovery break" for their national teams, thwarting a healthy season with their club teams.

Trust me, soccer players play in cold, rain and snow all the time.  I attended a WC qualifying game vs Costa Rica in a blizzard in Denver.  21000 strong, nothing but American pride and they didn't call the game.

B&G Founding Father
Soccer Guru
Fists of Fury
Octagon of Pain

Offline tnzazz

• Icon
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2015, 01:41:47 PM »

True, but most soccer players already play in winter conditions during their domestic club games.  And I can assure you that those players would rather play in Australia than the desert heat of Qatar. 

Ohhh, but wait.  they changed the 2022 WC to a nov-dec tournament.  I period of time that club teams are still competing before a winter break.  now the players will play thru their "recovery break" for their national teams, thwarting a healthy season with their club teams.

Trust me, soccer players play in cold, rain and snow all the time.  I attended a WC qualifying game vs Costa Rica in a blizzard in Denver.  21000 strong, nothing but American pride and they didn't call the game.

You were at that game?  That's a classic US game. I watched it and couldn't believe it.
memphis1 ten1 nsh2 mem4

Offline Handi

• Contributing Member.
  • Star
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2015, 01:54:57 PM »
You were at that game?  That's a classic US game. I watched it and couldn't believe it.

It was one of the craziest things I've ever witnessed.  It started snowing about 45 minutes before the game and didn't stop until Sunday at noon.  the game was Friday night.

There was bourbon.........at a soccer game.

B&G Founding Father
Soccer Guru
Fists of Fury
Octagon of Pain

Offline tnzazz

• Icon
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2015, 01:59:02 PM »

It was one of the craziest things I've ever witnessed.  It started snowing about 45 minutes before the game and didn't stop until Sunday at noon.  the game was Friday night.

There was bourbon.........at a soccer game.

Haha....I believe it. I was watching and saying holy chit this is crazy.
memphis1 ten1 nsh2 mem4

Offline wild-turkey

• Star
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2015, 02:02:26 PM »
He stopped by the game after delivering blankets and water to orphanages in the area.

Offline Handi

• Contributing Member.
  • Star
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2015, 02:04:52 PM »
 perfect10

B&G Founding Father
Soccer Guru
Fists of Fury
Octagon of Pain

Offline tnzazz

• Icon
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2015, 03:02:58 PM »
Nice!
memphis1 ten1 nsh2 mem4

Offline ozpackerfan

• Super Mod
  • Coach
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2015, 04:22:26 PM »
IF (and this is still a big if) 2022 is taken away from Qatar and Australia were to bid again (an even bigger if... http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/fifa-must-be-reformed-before-australia-could-ever-bid-again-for-the-world-cup-sport-minister-says-20150603-ghfkoo.html ) and succeed it would almost certainly be moved back to the June/July window which is mid-winter here but you need to remember that in almost every city that would host a game (with the exception of Canberra) our winter is almost summer compared to many parts of the Soccer world. It would be very similar to Brazil.

Offline ozpackerfan

• Super Mod
  • Coach
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2015, 04:25:43 PM »
...and Handi, as I told Zazz on the other thread, I wouldn't worry too much about the timezones. FIFA should be looking to hold another World Cup in the Asian area where maybe a third of the World's population are within two hours of Australia's timezones...

Offline Scuzz

• King of Off-Topic...Master of His Own Domain
  • Coach
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2015, 06:53:09 PM »
This new 'presidency' vote will be the most important political election (in the World) in the last 30 years.

right, if it was that important Blatter would have never won th election (by a landslide) less than two weeks ago
Being right is the least of my concerns.

Offline tnzazz

• Icon
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2015, 07:04:22 PM »

right, if it was that important Blatter would have never won th election (by a landslide) less than two weeks ago

That's because all these small countries and for the most part insignificant, were getting paid.  The corrupt ones were not about to bite the hand that feeds them. That's why the main soccer powers were pissed aka Europe, South America, US, and our friends down under. When Fiji has the same power as Brazil or Germany, then something is wrong.

This guy stepping down is great for soccer.
memphis1 ten1 nsh2 mem4

Offline Handi

• Contributing Member.
  • Star
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2015, 09:30:43 PM »

wasn't a landslide, you're wrong.  He only got 133 votes out of 209 needed.  All the competition bailed out beforehand due to the corruption and knew they couldn't win.

trust me, this is bigger that being the IOC president or the UN president.

B&G Founding Father
Soccer Guru
Fists of Fury
Octagon of Pain

Offline Handi

• Contributing Member.
  • Star
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2015, 09:31:45 PM »
Now millions of dollars won't be allocated for the Oman National Team when in reality they were given thousands of dollars while a few dudes got the loot.

B&G Founding Father
Soccer Guru
Fists of Fury
Octagon of Pain

Offline tnzazz

• Icon
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2015, 06:19:10 AM »

Now millions of dollars won't be allocated for the Oman National Team when in reality they were given thousands of dollars while a few dudes got the loot.

Yep
memphis1 ten1 nsh2 mem4