Author Topic: Condom Pope  (Read 347 times)

Offline Bayou Tiger

• Star
  • Duck Calls For Sale, HOMEMADE !!!
  • Pickems Record: 1,002/0
Re: Condom Pope
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2015, 03:19:45 PM »
Yeah, but I think that's because Christians typically don't go on murderous rampages over pictures. 

Chicken shits !  The whole lot of them !
Chuck and Lisa Detective Service, Inc.

Offline Mannyrules3

• CBS Admin6
  • Icon
  • Who's Your Skydaddy?
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2015, 03:24:52 PM »
No, I get it.  I just also get the outcry, because somehow this wouldn't be acceptable if it were any other religion.  I guess I'm more saying, stop defending the other ones.  Christians are being treated differently in cases like this, yes or no?

Of course it would be perfectly acceptable if it were about any other religion.  Texas just had Draw Muhammad day like a month ago.

The fact that Muslim extremists kill people over Poo-Poo Muhammad doesn't make it "unacceptable."

Offline Mannyrules3

• CBS Admin6
  • Icon
  • Who's Your Skydaddy?
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2015, 03:28:38 PM »
Yeah, but I think that's because Christians typically don't go on murderous rampages over pictures. 

Modern American Christians don't go on murderous rampages over pictures, true.  But I don't think that makes the lampooning of a Christian figure somehow less or more acceptable than the lampooning of a Muslim religious figure.

I mean comedians make jokes about fat people all the time.  If Sol and Rottie come storming in and shoot up the comedy club, that has nothing to do with the acceptablity or unacceptability of the fat jokes.

Offline UTKipp1

• Non-atheist
  • Coach
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2015, 03:28:48 PM »
Of course it would be perfectly acceptable if it were about any other religion.  Texas just had Draw Muhammad day like a month ago.

The fact that Muslim extremists kill people over Poo-Poo Muhammad doesn't make it "unacceptable."
Agreed. But there were more than just Muslims saying that cartoon  Muhammad thing was offensive e and should be stopped. Those same people don't say a word about something like the Condom Pope.
Our Batman,
Who art in Batcave,
Bruce Wayne be thy name.
Thy Wayne Manor come, thy justice be done,
In Arkham as it is in Blackgate.
And give us this day our daily Nightwing,
And beat down the Joker,
As Robin beats down Two Face,
Who trespasses against us.
And lead us not into Crime Alley,
But deliver us from Joe Chill.
Amen.

dal1 atl3 chi4 tennessee1

Offline BuccinGator

• Star
  • Average Joe With an Opinion
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2015, 03:31:33 PM »
Agreed. But there were more than just Muslims saying that cartoon  Muhammad thing was offensive e and should be stopped. Those same people don't say a word about something like the Condom Pope.

^^^^

This
~Imagine Whirled Peas~

When your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Online geneh_33

• Icon
  • Psalm 46
  • Pickems Record: 9999999-2
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2015, 04:25:05 PM »
If they were to display the 10 commandments people would demand they take that down, too. Anything that could be deemed pro or antireligious people are going to pitch a fit about it either way.

All things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Offline PackJason

• AFR
  • Star
  • I work at Fox News
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2015, 04:28:21 PM »
If they were to display the 10 commandments people would demand they take that down, too. Anything that could be deemed pro or antireligious people are going to pitch a fit about it either way.

No.  The Ten Commandments belongs in a F***ing museum. 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 04:32:58 PM by PackJason »

Offline kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • See y'all later, TS65 and tg
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2015, 04:32:02 PM »

Geneh, you hang on the internet.  People "pitch a fit" about everything. Christianity is just a tree in the forest. It's the american way
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

LIVE FREE OR DIE

As a general rule of thumb, it’s a bad idea to try to rob the home of people who decorate with animal skulls."

Online geneh_33

• Icon
  • Psalm 46
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2015, 04:35:11 PM »
Geneh, you hang on the internet.  People "pitch a fit" about everything. Christianity is just a tree in the forest. It's the american way

It seems as though people especially want to pitch a fit about Christianity no màtter what the circumstances, both for and against.

You're right, its the American way.
All things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Offline SithEvolution

• Star
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2015, 04:43:21 PM »
How ironic. When i was in church school the church condemned condoms to the work of satan. Now we have a portrait of the Pope using them.
The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is

Offline Mannyrules3

• CBS Admin6
  • Icon
  • Who's Your Skydaddy?
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2015, 04:51:12 PM »
It seems as though people especially want to pitch a fit about Christianity no màtter what the circumstances, both for and against.

You're right, its the American way.

It's because for most of our history, Christians bullied everyone else with their horsechit morality.  Anti-jew, anti-gay, back ine day anti-interracial anything, etc, etc.  Now that the tide is turning it's hard not to want to take a shot at the bully.

Online geneh_33

• Icon
  • Psalm 46
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2015, 04:55:15 PM »
It's because for most of our history, Christians bullied everyone else with their horsechit morality.  Anti-jew, anti-gay, back ine day anti-interracial anything, etc, etc.  Now that the tide is turning it's hard not to want to take a shot at the bully.

It is that and the fact that people are turning away from the faith and most who do have faith don't have enough faith.

Offline kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • See y'all later, TS65 and tg
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2015, 04:55:47 PM »

We have to resist the temptation. We are better than that. Most of the time.  Sometimes. Occasionally. Every once in a while.   Nah
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

LIVE FREE OR DIE

As a general rule of thumb, it’s a bad idea to try to rob the home of people who decorate with animal skulls."

Offline Mannyrules3

• CBS Admin6
  • Icon
  • Who's Your Skydaddy?
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2015, 05:02:25 PM »
How ironic. When i was in church school the church condemned condoms to the work of satan. Now we have a portrait of the Pope using them.

I think that was kind of the point.

Offline SithEvolution

• Star
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2015, 07:55:13 PM »
I think that was kind of the point.
i, at times, need things spelled out. ...lol
The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is

Online geneh_33

• Icon
  • Psalm 46
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2015, 07:57:48 PM »
i, at times, need things spelled out. ...lol

We sometimes forget that you are an alien, please don't unleash the dark side on us!

Offline SithEvolution

• Star
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2015, 08:47:29 PM »
We sometimes forget that you are an alien, please don't unleash the dark side on us!
i will try to withhold the power of the dark side

Can't make any promises, but I'll try

Online geneh_33

• Icon
  • Psalm 46
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2015, 09:19:43 PM »
i will try to withhold the power of the dark side

Can't make any promises, but I'll try

You are too kind, Sithlord, too kind.

Offline Raylan Michael Molnar

• Coach
  • "You gonna 'pull' on me?"
  • Pickems Record: 81 and counting.
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2015, 08:38:30 AM »
So the NY Times goes through a narrative of not printing Islamic cartoons but gleefully prophylactics the Pope?

How Poster Boy Liberal of them.  Next will they use a jet to fly somewhere and talk about Anthropomorphic Global Warming, air pollution and fossil fuel limits?

Nice outfit, Baby.

ana2  sd3