Author Topic: All Friends Bar & Grill at NGS  (Read 964934 times)

Offline larry lava

• Star
  • RESPECT IS HUGE IN MY BOOKS
Re: All Friends Bar & Grill at NGS
« Reply #78950 on: April 10, 2017, 10:11:44 PM »
But  ... Sergio Garcia, in his 74th try to win his first major golf tournament, does so.  It happens on what would be the late, great Seve Ballesteros's 60th birthday.

Geo I thought Serigo was going to fold when he missed that final putt on the 72nd hole.

Kudos to him for his first major........fitting he would do it on Seves Birthday...... ber
Respect is huge in my books

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #78951 on: April 14, 2017, 11:24:51 AM »
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ..............

Pink Floyd.........................

..............."is there anybody out there".............

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline geneh_33

• Icon
  • Psalm 46
  • Pickems Record: 9999999-2
« Reply #78952 on: April 14, 2017, 12:05:22 PM »
Nope. We're all stuck in the middle with you. grin1
All things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #78953 on: April 14, 2017, 12:29:55 PM »
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right,
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you

GREAT song Geneh................ ber

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #78954 on: April 22, 2017, 09:31:26 PM »
Can someone please turn out the Lights.........I think the party is Over.

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline bondkbond

• Coach
  • Bar Tab Moderator
« Reply #78955 on: May 01, 2017, 09:46:36 AM »
 hiya Everyone!

Anyone seen Jonny or Chuck around lately?  Hope they're doin ok!
Purebred Cheesehead

Offline PatsFan

• All Time Legend
  • "Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing"
« Reply #78956 on: May 01, 2017, 04:14:22 PM »
No have not seen them lately ..... ber ber   ..... Beers in case they return ....
" The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand."

Offline Handi

• Star
  • Pickems Record: first place
« Reply #78957 on: May 01, 2017, 07:02:34 PM »
whiskey
You better check yo'self, fool.

B&G Founding Father
Soccer Guru
Fists of Fury
Octagon of Pain

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #78958 on: May 01, 2017, 09:23:13 PM »
OK Handi..........Jack it is.........

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #78959 on: May 01, 2017, 09:25:08 PM »
Anyone seen Jonny or Chuck around lately?  Hope they're doin ok!

Nope.........I wonder if Jonny has gone hunting ???

Like you I do hope they are both OK.......... ber  beerme  ber  beerme

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline PatsFan

• All Time Legend
« Reply #78960 on: May 09, 2017, 12:58:02 PM »
 ber
" The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand."

Offline Mudsville Geo

• Star
  • Umps, refs and the NFL Rulebook suuuukkkkkkkkkkkkk
  • Pickems Record: mostly scabs
« Reply #78961 on: May 26, 2017, 05:36:47 PM »
Well, Ah reckunn "Congrats" are due to the Whatz-a-Pred?'s and the penguincu**s (as my Crappitals-fan friend calls them) for reaching Lord Stanley's Cup Finals.  Hopefully the #8 seed, don't-belong-in-the-playoffs Predators, will defeat the ArmPitts.  Could happen, seeing how they have the hot goaltender.

"NOW then" (Pck-ism) ..
can one o' you Knowers of HOCK, please 'splain 2 me what the announcer meant by this comment, near the beginning of the 1st OT last night?? --  "This is overtime, therefore it is a period of the LONG CHANGE, just like the 2nd period."  What is that?  The LONG CHANGE??

Early in the 2nd OT, he also said something like .. "Now we're in double overtime, so it is NOT a period of the LONG CHANGE."

Long change?  Short change?  Normal change?  I know not of these thangs I know not of.  Please clarify!  I never did quite get Pck's explanation of which team "gets the last change" or why, or what it really means.  Can't both teams change lines/substitute players whenever they choose?

NOT being a real HOCK fan, I say .. "Thanxe fore yore supporte ...."

L8Rz,
!!!MVG!!!

Offline TrumpetGuy

• Veteran
  • TG sounds off
« Reply #78962 on: May 27, 2017, 06:25:52 AM »
Happy Memorial Day weekend folks.  Raise a pint to those who have served and given the ultimate sacrifice for our nation sometime this weekend.

I will second Mudsville's inquiry about the "long change".  My guess (being only a casual hockey fan) is that the team tends to go with a particular set of players for a slightly longer period of time in the hopes that this group will be able to mesh and thereby get more shots on goal.  A score-heavy type line?  Just speculation on my part.
nym3 nyg1 nj2

Offline Mudsville Geo

• Star
« Reply #78963 on: May 27, 2017, 04:12:14 PM »
Gooda guess as any, TG.  Ah surely don't know.  And of course, don't call me Shirley.

I did hear the announcers say, I think, something about NOT having the long change is more conducive to defense, as the players are swapping out more often .. ???  But hellifiknow .. I could have it totally backward, since I am not a HOCK fan.  Thus I require input from the masters.

But my main question is .. WHY is the 2nd Pd. the "period of the long change"?  And WHY is OT (1st OT) the same???  No comprendo.  Is it a rule?  Are there rules that dictate length of shifts in the 2nd Pd. and alternating ones??  I can see no reason why/how there could be.     what1  what1  what1

Offline Mudsville Geo

• Star
« Reply #78964 on: May 27, 2017, 04:16:32 PM »

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND TO ALL.

Thank you to all vets for their service.

A    MASSIVE THANK YOU     .. to those who sacrificed all for their nation, our nation.

Offline PatsFan

• All Time Legend
« Reply #78965 on: June 02, 2017, 06:27:16 PM »
 ber ber

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #78966 on: June 02, 2017, 10:28:24 PM »
"NOW then" (Pck-ism) ..
can one o' you Knowers of HOCK, please 'splain 2 me what the announcer meant by this comment, near the beginning of the 1st OT last night?? --  "This is overtime, therefore it is a period of the LONG CHANGE, just like the 2nd period."  What is that?  The LONG CHANGE??

is to keep the overtime as it is, but have the teams switch sides so that each team is defending the goal farthest from their bench (which, in hockey-speak, is called the "long change"). The idea here is that skaters are more likely to get stranded in their defensive zone, and tired defenders means more goals.

Hopefully that explains it for you Geo.........the KEY is "Defending the Goal".

BTW I sure miss the PCK.........great guy and I hope is well....... ber

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #78967 on: June 03, 2017, 12:19:55 PM »
Yup, that explains it Larry.  Just visualize a hockey ice surface and the two benches..the team is situated on the same side of the center line as their goalie in the 1st and 3rd periods, and on the opposite side for the 2nd period (therefore, a "long change", meaning you have to be more careful and disciplined in getting off the ice to avoid giving up an odd-man rush to your opponent).

The teams switch sides every period, so when a game goes to OT the first OT period is a long change as well.  So also would be the case in 3OT and 5OT.
Don't give up.  Don't ever give up.

If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.

Jim Valvano

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #78968 on: June 03, 2017, 12:25:08 PM »
In regards to your other question of getting the LAST change, that is an advantage of the home team.

When there is a stoppage in play for a faceoff, the road team has to send its lines out first, which gives the home team the advantage of seeing who it is and being able to counter with their own best lines for the situation.  This only applies during stoppages of course though, not when changing "on the fly" in the course of an ongoing play.

Hope that helps, Muds! 

If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.

Jim Valvano

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Jack Lambert

Offline Mudsville Geo

• Star
« Reply #78969 on: June 15, 2017, 03:16:23 PM »
Perfect 'splainin'!  Thanxe to ye Masters of H.O.C.K. Knowledge!

Now then .. whatz a "firewagon change", as Doc would describe it?

And congrats, Blitz, on your ArmPitts getting another Cup.  Their 5th was it?

Offline Mudsville Geo

• Star
« Reply #78970 on: June 15, 2017, 03:20:31 PM »
Changing slides over to Goof ..

GOOOOOO Rickie!  Fowler!  65(-7) to tie a record.
What say you EL ELL, and other goof followers?  Hopefully he can win his 1st major.  I've often thought he will definitely get it done one o' these years, sooner rather than too much later like Sergio did.

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #78971 on: June 15, 2017, 04:16:09 PM »
Thanks Muds!  Yes, we took home #5 in our 50th year.  That's a pretty nice average.

I've heard Doc say firewagon change as well.  It could just mean a change done hastily on the fly, or when a team changes all five skaters at once instead of doing forwards and D independently.  Not quite sure on that one.

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline bondkbond

• Coach
  • Bar Tab Moderator
« Reply #78972 on: June 16, 2017, 07:08:45 AM »
Congrats to your       

Blitz!

Gosh, I just think they're one of the coolest critters on this planet.   grin1
Purebred Cheesehead

Offline geneh_33

• Icon
  • Psalm 46
  • Pickems Record: 9999999-2
« Reply #78973 on: June 16, 2017, 11:23:56 AM »
Better luck to Nashville next year. The Preds are going to have to support their goalie with better D if they want to win the cup.
All things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #78974 on: June 16, 2017, 03:01:49 PM »
I've heard Doc say firewagon change as well.  It could just mean a change done hastily on the fly, or when a team changes all five skaters at once instead of doing forwards and D independently.  Not quite sure on that one.

Good explanation Blitz...........when I played it meant a "Scary/Quick Line change in Traffic".....it could mean 3 forwards at once and the opposing team is right in front of your bench...or all 5 players......that was Hectic and you better hope you control the puck or they get a breakaway.

What say you EL ELL, and other goof followers?

Geo.........Rickie is minus 8 right now after 4 holes........I hope he gets his FIRST Major......and I'm also hoping for Adam Hadwin...... ber

Great Penguin photo by Bond........I think the little guy in the front is trying to fly......or he thinks he is Sidney Crosby.............lol............Kudos to Blitz for winning the Stanley Cup Challenge and his Pittsburgh Penguins for winning B to B Cups.........very rare in today's NHL....... ber

ten1   van2   wsh3