Author Topic: Blitz's Steel City Tavern  (Read 525642 times)

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Prayers for Ryan Shazier
Re: Blitz's Steel City Tavern
« Reply #23850 on: December 28, 2017, 09:33:00 AM »
Hello guys..I was away visiting family for the holiday.

Bond, Chuck, Larry, Pats..hope you all had a great Christmas!
Don't give up.  Don't ever give up.

If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.

Jim Valvano

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Jack Lambert

Offline larry lava

• Star
  • RESPECT IS HUGE IN MY BOOKS
« Reply #23851 on: December 28, 2017, 10:39:39 AM »
Hello guys..I was away visiting family for the holiday.

Bond, Chuck, Larry, Pats..hope you all had a great Christmas!

Hi Blitz.........I had a very White Christmas..........lots of snow in the Okanagan......and GF I have been having a blast..........spending time with Family and Friends.

Good Luck for your Steelers in the Playoff's and the Titans are in a MUST win vs the Jags...... ber

44.........really nice seeing him post over on the College Thread and he sounds great.

Pats...........JEZZ he is probably going to win the Super Bowl again..........lol
Respect is huge in my books

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #23852 on: December 28, 2017, 10:42:52 AM »
RIP Dick Enberg. Wonderful sportscaster.   ber

Thanks Bond and Merry New Year.......... ber

I was not aware he had passed........RIP Dick..........he was a great broadcaster.

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #23853 on: December 28, 2017, 11:28:06 AM »
Pats...........JEZZ he is probably going to win the Super Bowl again..........lol

Not if we have anything to say about it!  ;)

If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.

Jim Valvano

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Jack Lambert

Offline bondkbond

• Board Mod
  • Coach
  • Bar Tab Moderator
« Reply #23854 on: December 29, 2017, 07:32:55 AM »
Major changes in coaching coming for the Pack in the off season. Thank GOD! D.C. Capers has been using the same defensive playbook from the 90's! He has to go!
Purebred Cheesehead

Offline 44Diesels

• COUNTRY STRONG !
  • Site Moderator
  • Coach
« Reply #23855 on: December 31, 2017, 06:22:04 PM »
To my family...to my friends...to the loved ones we all miss so dearly I wish and hope for a better year in 2018 to you all. Say a kind word to a stranger...say I love you to your family...say a prayer in devotion to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ...Rock on 2018 !
wsh1  pit2  wsh1  atl3  wsh1

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #23856 on: December 31, 2017, 08:55:40 PM »
Happy New Year, e'rybody!

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline PatsFan

• Board Mod
  • All Time Legend
  • "Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing"
« Reply #23857 on: January 01, 2018, 07:02:36 PM »
 ber
" The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand."

Offline bondkbond

• Board Mod
  • Coach
  • Bar Tab Moderator
« Reply #23858 on: January 02, 2018, 07:30:24 AM »
Well Blitz, what ya think about the winter? LOL I can't wait to see highs in the teens! Terrible this morning. Cold isn't that bad but that wind just totally sucks!
Purebred Cheesehead

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #23859 on: January 02, 2018, 12:51:27 PM »
It's definitely been beyond belief Bondo.

We had a couple mornings near -20, air temp, and Aberdeen to the east of us hit -32 yesterday morning.  We seem to be on the comeback trail though..highs will be near or above freezing the next several days.  I even saw a 40 in there..ahhhhh.

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #23860 on: January 02, 2018, 12:56:38 PM »
Ready for the PLAYOFFS?

I don't see the Bills winning in Jacksonville, especially in light of LeSean McCoy's situation.  I'll be rooting for them though..great story!

But I think in all likelihood the Steelers will host the Jags in the Divisional round.  As we all know, these teams played at Heinz Field in Week 5 and it wasn't pretty.  But I think the Steelers have grown as a team on both sides of the ball since then and Big Ben flat out had his worst game as a pro..I don't see 5 picks happening again.  It would be quite a stiff test though.  The Jags knocked us out a decade ago in the Wild Card, their last playoff appearance.

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline River Rat

• Home of 2017 Rats Cup
  • Super Mod
  • Coach
  • Too old for this $&#@
« Reply #23861 on: January 02, 2018, 06:15:46 PM »
Its Colder than a Mother-In-Laws kiss out there.

I'll put on my guessing hat and say that the Vikings and .... barf new england have the inside track to the Big Game.  Philly was the class of the NFC, but with no Wentz, there is no chance.

Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #23862 on: January 02, 2018, 06:46:29 PM »
Rat...........that is you in Fantrax Golf ???.....the Wedgies.

I don't see the Bills winning in Jacksonville, especially in light of LeSean McCoy's situation.  I'll be rooting for them though..great story!

Blitz he is going to play...........and I'm taking the Bills.........Jags have not played well in the last two weeks.

.............GO TITANS GO.............Blitz thanks for message.......... ber

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline bondkbond

• Board Mod
  • Coach
  • Bar Tab Moderator
« Reply #23863 on: January 03, 2018, 07:29:21 AM »

I'll put on my guessing hat and say that the Vikings and .... barf new england have the inside track to the Big Game.  Philly was the class of the NFC, but with no Wentz, there is no chance.

I agree with ya on Philly RR but the Vikings don't impress me too much. Numbers and media blow that way out of proportion. Mark my words...... they might win their first game but after that they sit on the couch.

I'd like to see the Rams or Saints in there.

It's definitely been beyond belief Bondo.

We had a couple mornings near -20, air temp, and Aberdeen to the east of us hit -32 yesterday morning.  We seem to be on the comeback trail though..highs will be near or above freezing the next several days.  I even saw a 40 in there..ahhhhh.

I seen that Blitz. We also had -20. The warm weather is only supposed to be here for 2 days. They say 30 here but aftetr that it's back to the arctic. I have commercial storefront work to do outside this month and can't hardly wait.    :jrny1:      lol
Purebred Cheesehead

Offline PatsFan

• Board Mod
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #23864 on: January 03, 2018, 12:23:32 PM »

Now ... Now....
" The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand."

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #23865 on: January 03, 2018, 02:33:11 PM »
Hahaha.  I think we all have a little Pats fatigue, Pats.  But they are good as always.  Enjoy Harrison.  mad1

I didn't know McCoy was going to play Larry..that's a nice break for Buffalo.  Good luck in Arrowhead my friend, I could see it going either way.

Bond & RR..good luck thawing out.

Thanks for stopping bye everybody.  Have a nice rest of the day!

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline PatsFan

• Board Mod
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #23866 on: January 03, 2018, 05:06:22 PM »
Harrison had two sacks in his first game. Pats are vulnerable. Something seems off. I just love the NFL playoffs in General win ( Preferred ) or lose...Nothing beats the NFL

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #23867 on: January 03, 2018, 09:55:54 PM »
I didn't know McCoy was going to play Larry..that's a nice break for Buffalo.  Good luck in Arrowhead my friend, I could see it going either way.

Thanks Blitz...........I'm hoping for a Barn Burner......... smiley-fire

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline River Rat

• Home of 2017 Rats Cup
  • Super Mod
  • Coach
  • Too old for this $&#@
« Reply #23868 on: January 04, 2018, 10:24:14 AM »
Rat...........that is you in Fantrax Golf ???.....the Wedgies.

Tis I.  grin1

Yahoo is NOT doing golf anymore Larry.  I told Cindy, she passed it on to Tom.  Not sure if they are going to have an alternate site/game or not.

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #23869 on: January 06, 2018, 06:18:11 PM »
Good afternoon friends..Titans are engineering quite a comeback here.  Kansas City has been stymied on offense since Kelce went off and into the protocol.

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #23870 on: January 06, 2018, 06:50:39 PM »
Congrats on a great win for your Titans, LL!

Welcome to the Divisional round.

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline River Rat

• Home of 2017 Rats Cup
  • Super Mod
  • Coach
  • Too old for this $&#@
« Reply #23871 on: January 06, 2018, 06:57:24 PM »
Congrats Larry.  With the Titans seeming to struggle the last few weeks, I certainly am glad I didn't put money on that game.  grin1  Congrats to your boys.

Offline PatsFan

• Board Mod
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #23872 on: January 20, 2018, 08:16:56 PM »
Down to the Final Four ....

Offline bondkbond

• Board Mod
  • Coach
  • Bar Tab Moderator
« Reply #23873 on: Today at 07:40:26 AM »
2 great playoff games yesterday! Congrats on the Patriots win Pats!

Purebred Cheesehead