Author Topic: Blitz's Steel City Tavern  (Read 505837 times)

Offline wmichskers

• Board Mod
  • Coach
  • Life is good
Re: Blitz's Steel City Tavern
« Reply #25325 on: June 02, 2017, 10:03:13 PM »
Hey Blitz, I know you have the Preds where you want them...but I'm seeing a gal who has a nephew named Austin Thornton in Lord Stanleys extravigangas.. Good luck to you but my alliance has changed  grin1

My best to Burghy as always

:tiphat:
nebraska1 det1 det2 det3 nebraska1

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #25326 on: June 03, 2017, 12:12:04 PM »
Howdy Husker!

Don't know of an Austin Thornton, do you mean Austin Watson?  Ah yes, must be he was born in Ann Arbor.  That's cool to have that connection!  Looks like a good young player from what I've seen..they are using him more on the checking line but he looks to have some offensive upside.

Taking the first two was nice, but we just held serve.  As they say, the series hasn't started until the home team loses.  I'd love to wrench the pressure and take Game 3 in Nashville, but it will be the Preds' best game.  Pens need to match that intensity.
Don't give up.  Don't ever give up.

If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.

Jim Valvano

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #25327 on: June 03, 2017, 01:23:23 PM »
Ya know who else hails from Ann Arbor?  One of my favorite Penguins, Ian Cole..that's right I'm a Cole miner!  Our shot blocking, penalty killing, blue collar defenseman.

And I especially like the fact that even though he is from AA, he did not go to Michigan for college.  He went to Notre Dame..hahaha.

If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.

Jim Valvano

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Jack Lambert

Offline bondkbond

• Coach
  • Bar Tab Moderator
« Reply #25328 on: June 07, 2017, 09:33:34 AM »
Happy Birthday Blitz............ whenever it is/was this month. Not sure if I care for this revamped site.
Where is LNU?
Purebred Cheesehead

Offline bondkbond

• Coach
  • Bar Tab Moderator
« Reply #25329 on: June 07, 2017, 09:49:22 AM »
Speaking of age...............................................................

R Rat  was at the vet  for his annual checkup. While he was there he had another minor issue he thought he'd ask about.

Rat said "Doc, the wrinkles on my face make it kinda hard to get a good shave. Do you have any suggestions?"

Doc replied, "Sure, take this ball and put it in your mouth and roll it around where you shave."

Rat asked, "What happens if I swallow it?"

Doc said, "Well, just bring it back in a couple days like everyone else does!"     grin1

Purebred Cheesehead

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #25330 on: June 07, 2017, 11:33:11 AM »
Thanks, it's tomorrow!

Fog decided to streamline things a bit so there was more content on each board.  As for LNU, Skydog chose to leave the site and deleted it.

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline bondkbond

• Coach
  • Bar Tab Moderator
« Reply #25331 on: June 30, 2017, 04:16:09 PM »
Thanks, it's tomorrow!

Fog decided to streamline things a bit so there was more content on each board.  As for LNU, Skydog chose to leave the site and deleted it.

Wow, Sky is gone eh?    huh1

BTR ain't around much anymore either.
Purebred Cheesehead