Author Topic: Blitz's Steel City Tavern  (Read 519368 times)

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Re: Blitz's Steel City Tavern
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2009, 11:02:19 PM »
Hey, look who pulled in.  Restocking time!

Don't give up.  Don't ever give up.

If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.

Jim Valvano

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2009, 11:04:31 PM »
Hey Brick, welcome!

If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.

Jim Valvano

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2009, 11:23:27 PM »

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2009, 11:24:09 PM »
This is the house brew of course.

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2009, 11:24:35 PM »

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2009, 11:55:28 PM »

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2009, 11:56:11 PM »

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2009, 11:57:02 PM »

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2009, 11:57:49 PM »

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2009, 11:59:25 PM »

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2009, 12:00:56 AM »

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2009, 12:01:26 AM »
SUCK ON THIS TRAITOR.

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2009, 12:02:07 AM »

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2009, 12:03:19 AM »

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline Bluezhound

« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2009, 01:59:39 AM »
Thanks again Blitz . There are Quite a Few Classy Steeler Fans that came around after the Game and posted some nice stuff . another thing that makes it a great rivalry is the respect factor . now if i can just get them over here to check things out .
Rebuilding since 1964 . But Were Working on it .

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2009, 08:15:16 PM »
You're most welcome Bluez..the Steelers and Browns are both great organizations, and one game or even one decade can never change that.  Best rivalry in the NFL bar none.

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2009, 12:16:52 AM »
To all my friends here at the LNU..I won't be around at night as much until after the new year turns.  About to head home to visit family tomorrow night for a couple weeks during my winter break from Ohio State.  Here's wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a safe and healthy New Year.

merryxmas

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2009, 03:17:05 PM »
Well the Steelers finally got their act together and beat a couple good teams.  At 8-7, the playoffs are still a long shot..but the team is still alive.  Obviously, a win over Miami is mandatory.  Here are the scenarios which get the Steelers into the postseason:

A win over Miami and ANY of the following:
- a Houston loss or tie vs. New England AND a NY Jets loss or tie vs. Cincinnati.
- a Houston loss or tie vs. New England AND a Baltimore loss or tie vs. Oakland.
- a NY Jets loss or tie vs. Cincinnati AND a Baltimore loss or tie vs. Oakland AND a Denver loss or tie vs. Kansas City.

Either way is far fetched..but I see the first scenario as the most likely.  I don't believe the Ravens will lose to the Raiders in a win-and-you're-in situation..

Tough spot but we made our own bed, now we have to lie in it.  If it weren't for those 3 horrid losses to the bottom feeders of the Chiefs, Raiders, and Browns we would be 11-4 right now and wouldn't have that awful conference record that screws us over in tiebreakers.  Hopefully the team takes this as a hard lesson in not overlooking anyone and finishing games.

My eyes will surely be glued to the scores of all 5 games...so for one week only:

GO PATRIOTS!
GO BENGALS!
GO RAIDERS!
GO CHIEFS!

and most of all...

GO STEELERS!

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2010, 11:36:16 PM »
Good laws, this place is empty!! It didn't go under due tot the economy did it??
I post for food or money...thank you

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2010, 11:58:22 PM »
Hey buddy..nope, the Rolling Rock is still flowing!

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2010, 12:00:20 AM »
Hmm, well, we should try to get it rolling again.

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2010, 11:01:36 AM »
Good day Tavern!  Hope everyone's having a good day.

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2010, 02:02:42 PM »
Hmm, well, we should try to get it rolling again.

I agree ber ber

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2010, 06:43:01 PM »
Doing better now, I think. I'm not getting paid to work now.

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2010, 08:02:15 PM »
So that not being paid to work lasted for about 10 minutes!!!! HA!! We need an 80s jukebox in here too!!