Author Topic: Conspiracy theory for Atlanta finish  (Read 167 times)

Offline Section_725

• Star
  • Try Not! Do! Or Do Not! There Is No Try!
Conspiracy theory for Atlanta finish
« on: March 06, 2017, 06:42:11 AM »
To start, I don't think this happened... But just for arguments sake. Does anyone find it fishy that Harvick who dominated the race and had the best pit stall got busted for speeding? He dominated all day long, so NASCAR knew being up front he was going to jump out to the lead and win the race which for non Harvick fans was probably a pretty boring race. But if they bust him for speeding he goes to the end of the longest line pretty much guaranteeing there will be an actual battle for the win at some point which creates excitement. Add in, if somehow Kevin did manage to win, that's also an exciting finish, so the penalty is a win for NASCAR no matter what.

Just throwing it out there.
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
  • Home is where my treestand is
Re: Conspiracy theory for Atlanta finish
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 05:35:48 PM »
Did Mikey hijack your profile???
texasa&m1 tex3 dal1 dal2

Offline Section_725

• Star
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 08:06:19 PM »
Did Mikey hijack your profile???
Ha, no. I have known him a long time though. Just something that popped in my head. Dillon loses power, NASCAR quick tells his crew chief to give him the dumbest advice of don't come to the pits so they can throw the caution, and since they had set the precedent for lots of speeding penalties it set up a good finish..
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Offline Super28

• Star
  • You say "Pervert" like it's a bad thing!
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 07:02:11 PM »
AND the whinin' begins....
28  2  22 hiya

Offline Section_725

• Star
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 06:43:49 AM »
Not whining. To be honest Harvick was pushing it a little and got busted. He had no reason to push it though. He had a dominating car all day, play it safe, you have the first pit stall, if you come out second or third there were still enough laps left that he could have passed those ahead of him for the win. He blew it. Of course if Austin wasn't an idiot and pitted when he lost power...

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • Decades of Confusion
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 01:11:10 PM »
If Harvick had been the only one all day long I'd say you may be onto something,  But not as many that were caught all day.  I mean they got JJ what twice? 

Nice try but you have to work harder to come up to my standards on conspiracy theories.  HAHAHAHAHAH
car2   atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • Decades of Confusion
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 01:11:10 PM »
If Harvick had been the only one all day long I'd say you may be onto something,  But not as many that were caught all day.  I mean they got JJ what twice? 

Nice try but you have to work harder to come up to my standards on conspiracy theories.  HAHAHAHAHAH
car2   atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
  • Home is where my treestand is
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 06:18:43 PM »
The master has spoken! haha
texasa&m1 tex3 dal1 dal2

Offline Section_725

• Star
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 08:11:28 AM »

Didn't Kenseth get nailed twice as well? I know there were tons all day which is why I think it was a boneheaded move for him to even try to push it. He had the dominant car and most likely would have won the race restarting anywhere in the top 6 spots.

I will endeavor to improve my skills to match your high standards for tin foil cap worthy conspiracy theories.

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 04:01:45 PM »
The thing that I didn't like was that on entry, Chase Elliott was riding Harvicks bumper, so if Harvick had a penalty, shouldn't Chase have had a penalty too?!
   mil3   gb1   wisconsin1  mil4  det2