Author Topic: Purple Reign...  (Read 11948 times)

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
  • Vikings NFC North Champs 2015!!!
Re: Purple Reign...
« Reply #200 on: June 24, 2017, 08:11:34 PM »
You need to read this. It looks like the Vikings serve this tea in camp...

http://www.twincities.com/2017/06/24/vikings-to-judge-we-encouraged-michael-floyd-to-drink-kombucha-tea/
Tushay , so all the Viking players are drunk at practice !!! hmm1

Online Tushay

• Hall of Famer
  • Blue Lives MATTER!!!
« Reply #201 on: June 25, 2017, 12:06:12 AM »
Tushay , so all the Viking players are drunk at practice !!! hmm1
Now you know why the Vikings get 100% participation during voluntary OTAs...
min3             min1             min2             min4

SKI-U-MAH     GO NAVY

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #202 on: June 26, 2017, 10:59:17 AM »
Viking CB Wayne's is ready and will do well and deserves to start, for he is great in coverage, off the line and it is finishing that needs work. That will require game experience. Start Him. Go Vikings !!! grin1

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #203 on: June 26, 2017, 03:57:06 PM »
Prosecutor in WR Floyds case said " he will ask Judge, that Floyd serve jail time for recent violation " !!!!  :shock:

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #204 on: June 26, 2017, 04:12:59 PM »
Judge has found Floyd guilty of violation and sentenced him to 1 day in jail and serve the remaining 5 days in house arrest in Arizona . Plus any additional time will be served there  !!!! greg1

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #205 on: June 27, 2017, 11:20:10 AM »
The NFL is aware of Floyds  current situation and declined further comment !!!! greg1

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
« Reply #206 on: June 27, 2017, 03:21:33 PM »
The NFL is aware of Floyds  current situation and declined further comment !!!! greg1

Not much they can say at this time......not sure there will be a lot they can do too.....

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #207 on: June 28, 2017, 11:15:45 AM »
With recent outrageous contract by QB Carr and I mean no disrespect at all, just to pay a player who has not won a SB and add to that. The fact he makes more money then QB Brady and other top tier NFL QB'S  is wrong, which leads me to Viking QB Bradford and the Vikings must wait for end of season to decide to shell out big $$$$ and not do it during season, even if we are doing well. QB Bradford must get the SB or deep in playoffs first !!! 2c

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #208 on: June 29, 2017, 05:57:07 PM »
This is what I think of the top 100 NFL players of 2017  rofl and why? First they have at 100 a DE named Bosa, that hardly even played last year and being drafted in 1st round , does not automatically make you a great player. I say  this our Viking DE hunter is better and for sure All Pro NT Joseph, Geez !!!!    wagfing

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #209 on: June 30, 2017, 05:13:35 PM »
Pro Football talk discussed possibilities on length of suspensions of current Viking WR Floyd, who is set to miss 2 games and could be more because of severity of DUI, Huh and that recent violation could constitute a second infraction, resulting in 8 games added to 2 what1 !!!! greg1   

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #210 on: July 01, 2017, 12:58:21 PM »
The Vikings will start SS Sendejo and I too want SS Kearse to play, yet he is not ready. Last season SS Kearse tallied 3 tackles/ 1 assist = 4 and that in its self says not enough playing to garner a start. Just do what Coach Zimmer did with CB Wayne's who while playing part time totaled 47/7 =54 tackles and 3 int's  not bad, especially when their is starting CB'S in NFL, who do not even get one, Geez. CB Wayne's is ready and SS Kearse is not, Go Vikings !!!  2c

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #211 on: July 03, 2017, 03:56:03 PM »
With recent outrageous contract by QB Carr and I mean no disrespect at all, just to pay a player who has not won a SB and add to that. The fact he makes more money then QB Brady and other top tier NFL QB'S  is wrong, which leads me to Viking QB Bradford and the Vikings must wait for end of season to decide to shell out big $$$$ and not do it during season, even if we are doing well. QB Bradford must get the SB or deep in playoffs first !!! 2c

Carrs contract is not totally out of line Viking Clone.....if you noticed the Gaurantee money is only 40 million.....that is the only part of his contract that matters in my opinion .....it's really only a two year deal at this point.....if he turns out to be something special and progresses he's worth it....if he doesn't they can send him packing in a couple years......Personally the team made out great in this deal IMO.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #212 on: July 03, 2017, 06:42:38 PM »
This is going to be a very interesting and IMO fun year to be a Viking fan......assuming we don't have a bunch of major injuries like last season we probably have one of the most well rounded teams in the league ...again, IMO.  The offense under performed last season for a number of reasons, poor O-Line, Poor play calling (conservative) , too conservative QB, poor run blocking and running the football all around...which in turn led to the defense being on the filed way to long.   
We may have not made any huge big name signings in FA but the Oline will be much improved by two additions and moving certain players around and improved health too. Some young guys one defense will be that much more experienced for a better overall unit performance.....especially in run defense. Lets face it the O-line and having Murray and Cook should put our run offense light years better than last. Making our down and distance a huge bonus over last season......Even if Treadwell can just be decent he's a major upgrade at 3 or 4 for that matter once Floyd gets on the field.....What I find cool about this group of WR's is I don't think we have a true number one guy but we do have 4 solid number 2's and that is a huge match up for us against 3rd DB's .....Add in our TE group should be very explosive too. We have some very explosive play makers but really have an offense that can eat up a clock in a number of ways.......This could be a very fun year.  We may not have all the flashy names like some teams but when you take a look at our 3 units this year we IMO have a team with not many weaknesses at all. I think we can match up well against any team on both sides of the ball......the NFC has some very strong teams this year.....going to be some really good games ....hope Teddy gets healthy too.

Online Tushay

• Hall of Famer
  • Blue Lives MATTER!!!
« Reply #213 on: July 05, 2017, 06:51:04 PM »
This is going to be a very interesting and IMO fun year to be a Viking fan......assuming we don't have a bunch of major injuries like last season we probably have one of the most well rounded teams in the league ...again, IMO.  The offense under performed last season for a number of reasons, poor O-Line, Poor play calling (conservative) , too conservative QB, poor run blocking and running the football all around...which in turn led to the defense being on the filed way to long.   
We may have not made any huge big name signings in FA but the Oline will be much improved by two additions and moving certain players around and improved health too. Some young guys one defense will be that much more experienced for a better overall unit performance.....especially in run defense. Lets face it the O-line and having Murray and Cook should put our run offense light years better than last. Making our down and distance a huge bonus over last season......Even if Treadwell can just be decent he's a major upgrade at 3 or 4 for that matter once Floyd gets on the field.....What I find cool about this group of WR's is I don't think we have a true number one guy but we do have 4 solid number 2's and that is a huge match up for us against 3rd DB's .....Add in our TE group should be very explosive too. We have some very explosive play makers but really have an offense that can eat up a clock in a number of ways.......This could be a very fun year.  We may not have all the flashy names like some teams but when you take a look at our 3 units this year we IMO have a team with not many weaknesses at all. I think we can match up well against any team on both sides of the ball......the NFC has some very strong teams this year.....going to be some really good games ....hope Teddy gets healthy too.
ESPN thinks pretty highly of the Vikings roster, ranking it 12th in talent. I think they are better than that, expecting BIG things from the VIKINGS!!!

SKI-U-MAH     GO NAVY

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #214 on: July 05, 2017, 08:12:31 PM »
Carrs contract is not totally out of line Viking Clone.....if you noticed the Gaurantee money is only 40 million.....that is the only part of his contract that matters in my opinion .....it's really only a two year deal at this point.....if he turns out to be something special and progresses he's worth it....if he doesn't they can send him packing in a couple years......Personally the team made out great in this deal IMO.
I still think it is to much money Hutch and as I looked at details of contract, one thing stood out it is QB Carr is not selfish by any means and I say that . Because he could have demanded more signing bonus up front, instead of just 12.5 million ( did I just say that) what1. QB Carr's  base pay is 5 million, though roster and signing bonuses took him to 25.million. Well Dang it !!! greg1

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #215 on: July 06, 2017, 07:01:46 PM »
I too can not wait for season to start, the defensive side of ball is set and with DE Hunter getting the nod, I see DE Griffin having a monster year as a result and Vikings finally have some players at DT like Rookie Jones, DE /DT Jones, Sutton, Johnson, Stephen. This too will help All Pro Joseph and Vikings ability to stop run game and Viking secondary is ready for challenge as well.  The Viking offensive line only needs to hold the line ( above 3 seconds) and Bradford and rest will score on anybody, Go Vikings !!! grin1

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #216 on: July 07, 2017, 10:01:24 AM »
I still think it is to much money Hutch and as I looked at details of contract, one thing stood out it is QB Carr is not selfish by any means and I say that . Because he could have demanded more signing bonus up front, instead of just 12.5 million ( did I just say that) what1. QB Carr's  base pay is 5 million, though roster and signing bonuses took him to 25.million. Well Dang it !!! greg1

Personally I think 25 million is nuts too lol......What I find really outrageous is some of the other sports....Baseball contracts and nuts for a sports that has no contact at all.....and they are guaranteed which is nuts......the most outrageous is European soccer....crazy

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #217 on: July 10, 2017, 04:56:29 PM »
 2 weeks away from camp dbana ddbana and one step closer to 2017 season , I was thinking about LB Barr's 2016 season and how it was said that " Barr had a quiet season. " In 2014 LB Barr had 55 tackles- 15 asst. 4.0 sacks
                                                                                  2015                   54 tackles- 14 asst. 3.5 sacks
                                                                                   2016                   37 tackles-33 asst. 2.0 sacks  and not really that much of difference stat wise. But solo  tackles where down and as I read in a article, that said " Vikings used LB Barr differently in 2016 defensive scheme. I think it is much more then play calling and the fact that LB Barr was seen wearing a cast on right hand during OTA'S is not reassuring ethier !!! greg1   

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #218 on: July 12, 2017, 05:57:09 PM »
In regards to RB Murray, Coach Zimmer said " he will be ready when camp starts" and RB Murray said " he will be ready sometime in August"  what1. Vikings need RB Murray in Red Zone and short yardage carries !!!!  greg1

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #219 on: July 13, 2017, 09:18:29 AM »
Shut down Viking CB Rhodes was number #1 in man coverage and allowed 3.1 yards per catch in 2016, along with 5 ints, 48 solo tackles and 3 for losses, according to PFF. Now it is CB Wayne's turn , Go Vikings !!! greg1

Online Tushay

• Hall of Famer
  • Blue Lives MATTER!!!
« Reply #220 on: July 14, 2017, 03:59:44 PM »
Vikings WR Michael Floyd has been suspended for four games to start the 2017 season...

SKI-U-MAH     GO NAVY

Offline xfxfxf

• Veteran
  • NGS is the Best
« Reply #221 on: July 15, 2017, 04:45:53 PM »
Vikings WR Michael Floyd has been suspended for four games to start the 2017 season...
this is a good thing .. Get it out of the way so there's no distractions and it's not hanging over us

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
« Reply #222 on: July 18, 2017, 02:02:51 PM »
I agree lets get the suspension out of the way. This give Treadwell time to show he can be what we need or he will bust and Floyd can step in. It sounds like Treadwell has been significantly better this year.
min1 stl3

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #223 on: July 19, 2017, 06:14:31 PM »
I am glad NFL allows players , who are suspended to still participate in camp and pre games. This surely will help Viking WR Floyd get up to speed. Though what I want to say is about Viking RB Cook and the hard road traveled to get to NFL, Yes he has made mistakes (assaults and some are just to far back to bring up, Geez). The 2016 season  FSU RB Cook changed and for the better, RB Cook stopped  going back home( Miami) on weekends and as a result his homeboys would travel to Cooks place in Tallahassee. He would send a text to his FSU Coach Vic, who would meet "thugs" at door and send them on their way. Dalvin Cook said " FSU Coach Vic was like enforcer." !!!! grin1

Offline xfxfxf

• Veteran
  • NGS is the Best
« Reply #224 on: July 19, 2017, 09:16:44 PM »
Hell we could use Vic to keep the moochers away lurk1

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.