Author Topic: Purple Reign...  (Read 10911 times)

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
  • Vikings NFC North Champs 2015!!!
Re: Purple Reign...
« Reply #400 on: February 12, 2018, 09:12:20 AM »
With the Vikings denying Giants request to talk to QB Coach Stefanski, I see that Vikings are grooming Stefanski to be OC of Vikings in a couple of years and learn from recent hiring of OC Deflippo while still here !!!  greg1

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #401 on: February 12, 2018, 03:45:37 PM »
I am glad Vikings told Shurmur to Bite it. Go Vikings !!! grin1

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
« Reply #402 on: February 12, 2018, 07:31:18 PM »
The thought of Vikings acquiring over priced Cousins is  about as smart as Hershel Walker trade Yikes !!! wagfing

Can I ask why you don't like Cousins?   I enjoyed watching Case and he played incredible but really think Cousins is a better QB than Case.  Cousins has performed well with a messed up O-line and limited talent round him last year. Think both Cousins and Case with get big contracts.   Thinking we resign Teddy or get the fifth year because of his injury....In other post if that happens would like to take a chance on Manzeil too as a back up now that he is on meds for Bi-Polar and sober for a while. Our OC was his QB coach in Cleveland too so knows him.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #403 on: February 12, 2018, 07:33:48 PM »
I have been hard on Viking WR Treadwell and Vikings have invested a lot of time on him. So I feel since Vikings have gone this far, why not 1 more year and just maybe WR Treadwell will be ,who we thought he would be !!! yeahright

This is a tough one......I get where you are coming from and hopefully he can produce ....he was supposed to be a red zone threat and that has not happened

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #404 on: February 13, 2018, 08:58:31 AM »
Can I ask why you don't like Cousins?   I enjoyed watching Case and he played incredible but really think Cousins is a better QB than Case.  Cousins has performed well with a messed up O-line and limited talent round him last year. Think both Cousins and Case with get big contracts.   Thinking we resign Teddy or get the fifth year because of his injury....In other post if that happens would like to take a chance on Manzeil too as a back up now that he is on meds for Bi-Polar and sober for a while. Our OC was his QB coach in Cleveland too so knows him.
Hey fellow Viking Hutch and  the main reason on Cousins is $$$$$ ( over 30 million+) and this year the Redskin o-line was horrid. But in previous 2 it was not at consistent level of our Viking o-line (bad), Yikes and while he can throw deep ball those days are gone with "D" being as quick as they are. So in turn Viking QB Keenum consistently drove 75+ yards to score TD'S something Vikings have not done in years and limited his turn overs and his athletic ability is equal to Cousins . So why pay all that money on 1 person and bet the Bank on Cousins have we forgotten the Herschel Walker trade. QB Keenum wants to play for us and said so by saying " we have unfinished business " and in my  2c has earned the right to start and what happened in NFC championship game was not all on him it was OC, o-line and a Viking "D" that was outplayed literally  and I truly believe HC Zimmer's involvement in offense is what doomed us !!! wagfing

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #405 on: February 13, 2018, 03:30:15 PM »
Hey fellow Viking Hutch and  the main reason on Cousins is $$$$$ ( over 30 million+) and this year the Redskin o-line was horrid. But in previous 2 it was not at consistent level of our Viking o-line (bad), Yikes and while he can throw deep ball those days are gone with "D" being as quick as they are. So in turn Viking QB Keenum consistently drove 75+ yards to score TD'S something Vikings have not done in years and limited his turn overs and his athletic ability is equal to Cousins . So why pay all that money on 1 person and bet the Bank on Cousins have we forgotten the Herschel Walker trade. QB Keenum wants to play for us and said so by saying " we have unfinished business " and in my  2c has earned the right to start and what happened in NFC championship game was not all on him it was OC, o-line and a Viking "D" that was outplayed literally  and I truly believe HC Zimmer's involvement in offense is what doomed us !!! wagfing

Its going to be interesting for sure on who we get.....Case may get offered huge dollars too and I am thinking he will. Have you heard about when a decision will be made on Bridgewater and his current contact ?  Be nice if we had his rights for one more year

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #406 on: February 16, 2018, 08:34:16 AM »
Its going to be interesting for sure on who we get.....Case may get offered huge dollars too and I am thinking he will. Have you heard about when a decision will be made on Bridgewater and his current contact ?  Be nice if we had his rights for one more year
  About Bridgewater,the rumor of short term contract/incentives Hutch and  Manziel at least for me the risks out weight the positves !!!  greg1

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #407 on: February 16, 2018, 11:52:44 AM »
THe signs are all their the Vikings will let Keenum walk and put everything Vikings have on Bridgewater, Dang it. I hope I am wrong !!! yeahright

Offline xfxfxf

• Veteran
  • NGS is the Best
« Reply #408 on: February 16, 2018, 03:09:10 PM »
THe signs are all their the Vikings will let Keenum walk and put everything Vikings have on Bridgewater, Dang it. I hope I am wrong !!! yeahright
if Zimmer did that and Teddy didn't all of a sudden get a lot better then he ever was ,I think Zim would be gone within a year ....Case is 13-4 that's pretty good,!!!!!  and the team. Is playing like a team

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #409 on: February 16, 2018, 08:32:44 PM »
In 2018 draft the Vikings have 5 draft  picks and have fingers crossed that NFL will grant Vikings 2 compensatory picks for a grand total of 7 what1. At least for me the Vikings should trade 29th overall pick and try to pick up a 2nd and 3rd (maybe 4th would be more realistic ). !!!! shock1

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #410 on: February 17, 2018, 04:50:33 PM »
The last 2 years the Viking "D" has yet to finish strong and if HC Zimmer does  not share his duties and let DC Edwards call some games or game plan them. The same will happen in 2018 season and why? The NFL teams catch up with Zimmer's style of calling plays busted, that is why it is important to mix it up. Geez !!!  devil1

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #411 on: February 17, 2018, 10:00:14 PM »
Teddy is a fan favorite and has a high ceiling, but hasn't been even a top 20 starter yet, Bradford top 10 when healthy, keenum top 5 this year, you tell me, if we cant get cousins without getting ....... then keep the right 2, go Vikes go big D 
PAGE NAMED NFLS MVP — In 1971 Alan Page became the first defensive player to be named the Most Valuable Player of the National Football League by the Associated Press. Page headed a Vikings defense that held opponents to fewer than 10 points a game.

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #412 on: February 18, 2018, 11:14:46 AM »
Teddy is a fan favorite and has a high ceiling, but hasn't been even a top 20 starter yet, Bradford top 10 when healthy, keenum top 5 this year, you tell me, if we cant get cousins without getting ....... then keep the right 2, go Vikes go big D 
  1hotchev, the Vikings once again have made a easy decision into a mess and QB Keenum on any other team would have already been resigned. Bradford is as fragile as they come and needs to leave and I am not sure how he passed physical before start of 2017 season with how easily he became injured in 1st game and especially non-contact to boot. The NFL is brutal either produce  or get the Boot, of course that does apply to Vikings. Who will probably over pay and not think long term ramifications of Vikings, like resigning important players !!!!  2c

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #413 on: February 18, 2018, 05:46:56 PM »
I was curious about HC Zimmer's contract and though in his original contract was through 2017 season at about 5 million a year with incentives . The Vikings in July of 2016 signed him to extension and details where not released !!! greg1

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #414 on: February 19, 2018, 09:08:07 AM »
This is smoke and mirrors time of year again....many rumors flying around and I tend not to believe many of them.    My take on QB's .......We keep Teddy if we get back that 5th year option and let him compete for starting job and earn it.   Sign Case if we can get him for 10-12 million a year..... saying that it is all about the Gaurantee  ........  that should only be for two years IMO.   Get Cousins if he wants to play on the best team and the best chance to win for about 24 million a year with about 75 in guarantees.......He will get offered 30 million plus for teams like the Jets and Browns and if he wants the coin then fine.....he wants a championship team then take a cut and come to the Vikings.   Rumors about AJ McCarron too.....   Its all about the dollars and winning a championship.  either way we need a solid back up too.......I still would take a chance on Manzeil....OC knows him so if that happened it would be because he feels comfortable .......  I would bring him in as a third stringer and let him earn his way.  We have to sign a few players next season and what we do QB wise will have a huge baring on what we can do with some of those those.   We all want a SUper Bowl and we need a QB that is capable of that......Case did well but nit sure he is capable and tends to make bone headed plays in big spots too ....lots to like and dislike about him.   We need a solid number two......regardless of starter we need solid number 2

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #415 on: February 19, 2018, 11:18:04 AM »
Good post Hutch and I heard in rumor mill that Cousins would take a pay cut  yeahright to come to Vikings, though I still choose  QB Keenum and while he did make some bone head plays (that can be corrected ) he still has good pocket presence , mobility which is key when o-line falters (Geez) to extend plays just like Cousins and for a lot less. I have looked at stats of Keenum and Cousins. Cousins wins at  pass yardage and TD'S, does have a tendency to throw multiple INT'S in a single game what1. These stats of Cousins are high due to game plan of Redskins (Pass). QB Keenum can do all of this and save us $$$ and it would be nice to sign AJ McCarron as back up and shed Bridgewater completely ( not happen of course) and bring up Sloter gradually like in the old days. Go Vikings !!! grin1

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #416 on: Yesterday at 05:20:54 PM »
Though FS Smith is at his own level of play, I like SS Sendejo style and he also covers well to along with "coma" like hits on opposing players. All in all this Viking Duo is #1 as far as  NFL Safeties are concerned . Go Vikings !!!!  2c

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #417 on: Today at 08:48:44 AM »
I must disagree with a article I read in that it said " only reason QB Keenum was successful had to do with WR'S " and that may be true in some way. They seem to forget 2 things that are instrumental  and #1 we all know is the " O-line' and #2 is " QB " who is able to get the ball their in first  place and the mobility to keep play alive .I am in speaking general now and Yes, it is great to have these Viking wide outs but do not down play the QB position or o-line , Geez !!!! wagfing

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #418 on: Today at 10:31:08 AM »
I must disagree with a article I read in that it said " only reason QB Keenum was successful had to do with WR'S " and that may be true in some way. They seem to forget 2 things that are instrumental  and #1 we all know is the " O-line' and #2 is " QB " who is able to get the ball their in first  place and the mobility to keep play alive .I am in speaking general now and Yes, it is great to have these Viking wide outs but do not down play the QB position or o-line , Geez !!!! wagfing

This is a tough one as this is only year Case has played at this level. I like case and his accuracy but have to agree some what that WR's made many contested catches.
Lots of unknowns and questions to be answered......I'm thinking the new OC will get the QB he wants but Spielman will have a dollar amount and gauarantee amount that the team is comfortable with.  Either way O-line still needs to get better whom ever it is......it was good but not great this year....especially on run plays.

Ideally outside of QB and O-line   our offense can still use some players that are mismatches for defenses.  Still need a solid  deep threat with speed and would love to find a big bodied WR in the draft that we can convert to TE.   McKinnon will probably be gone so getting another shifty back with quickness and hands in the draft to add more depth and versatility would be nice too.  Darren Sproles may be available for that third option too at a very reasonable rate.

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.