Author Topic: NH loses a race to Vegas  (Read 106 times)

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
  • Home is where my treestand is
NH loses a race to Vegas
« on: March 09, 2017, 06:35:47 PM »
It's long been speculated, and now it's been confirmed that Vegas gets a second race, at the expense of the Loudon fall race.  I'm not sure how I feel about it.  Granted Loudon didn't put on a spectacular show, but it was something different and has a great fan experience.  I am not excited about having yet another 1.5 race on the schedule.  This one especially hurts being a truck guy, because it was the only track within 360 miles of me that had a truck race on a Cup weekend

I also heard rumblings that the fall Charlotte playoff race is going to be changed to running the infield as a road course race for 2018 as well...now THAT is a change I can get behind!
texasa&m1 tex3 dal1 dal2

Offline Section_725

• Star
  • Try Not! Do! Or Do Not! There Is No Try!
Re: NH loses a race to Vegas
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 08:14:09 AM »
I'm against moving any races out of the Northeast since there are not too many tracks up here to begin with. If anything, take a race from one mile and a halfer to move another mile and a halfer.
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Offline SoCalSaint

• Board Mod
  • Star
Re: NH loses a race to Vegas
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 10:20:05 AM »
My question is, can Vegas support 2 races a year. Most of those people in attendance are from California. If your going to go to one Nascar a year, what would you rather do ?? Spend a Sunday afternoon in Fontana Ca. or a weekend in Vegas ?? Most people will chose Vegas. But, will they go twice a year ?? I doubt it.