Author Topic: Let's Count to Infinity  (Read 2121 times)

Offline The_Muffin_Man

• Just Me
  • Site Moderator
  • Star
Re: Let's Count to Infinity
« Reply #175 on: June 11, 2017, 09:41:22 AM »
Griffins got steamrolled in Game 5 last night 5-1. The good news is that Game 6 - and if necessary Game 7 - are scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday in Grand Rapids. The Griffins have not lost at home yet in the entire playoffs. And I have tickets. ber ber ber

Four Million, Two Hundred and Twelve Thousand, Seven Hundred and Twenty

Join the Quest for Infinity at: http://ngsforums.com/forums/index.php?topic=24145

Offline larry lava

• Star
  • RESPECT IS HUGE IN MY BOOKS
« Reply #176 on: June 12, 2017, 07:27:01 PM »
And I have tickets. ber ber ber

Good Luck for your Griffins

Respect is huge in my books

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline jpsdone

• Backup
  • Lets Play 2
« Reply #177 on: June 13, 2017, 06:20:53 PM »
Good luck for Griffs MM

Offline jpsdone

• Backup
  • Lets Play 2
« Reply #178 on: June 13, 2017, 06:24:35 PM »
Larry the Jays love going to Seattle...always talking about the great fans

they won 2of 3

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #179 on: June 13, 2017, 06:58:46 PM »
Larry the Jays love going to Seattle...always talking about the great fans

they won 2of 3

Your right jp...........it's like a Home Game for Toronto........lol

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline The_Muffin_Man

• Just Me
  • Site Moderator
  • Star
« Reply #180 on: June 14, 2017, 05:33:09 PM »
The Griffins won the Calder Cup last night!!! What an experience. ber ber ber

http://theahl.com/grand-finale-griffins-win-calder-cup

Four Million, Two Hundred and Twelve Thousand, Seven Hundred and Twenty - Five

Join the Quest for Infinity at: http://ngsforums.com/forums/index.php?topic=24145

Offline The_Muffin_Man

• Just Me
  • Site Moderator
  • Star
« Reply #181 on: June 14, 2017, 05:38:19 PM »
ALSO, the guy next to us brought an octopus into the game! BUT he did not throw it.

Four Million, Two Hundred and Twelve Thousand, Seven Hundred and Twenty - Six

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #182 on: June 14, 2017, 07:03:40 PM »
The Griffins won the Calder Cup last night!!! What an experience. ber ber ber

KUDOS MM................. ber

That is a nice looking arena and I'm guessing 10 thou attendance ?...Great photo's Dan and what jumped out for me was all the Red Wing jerseys.........makes sense been the affiliate for them..... but the Detroit logo is one of my ALL time Fav ........a Wheel with Wings..........RED ones at that........lol.....and the Logo has stood the test of time............. perfect10

Unlike the Vancouver Canucks who have change their logo 5 F-ing times since 1970...... saywha

Enjoy the Championship MM and Grands Rapids must be a rocking right now...... ber

4212727..........not Doubles but close enough..........lol

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline jpsdone

• Backup
  • Lets Play 2
« Reply #183 on: June 14, 2017, 08:15:39 PM »
Congrats on the Griffins MM

Ok so what happened to the octopus ?

Offline jpsdone

• Backup
  • Lets Play 2
« Reply #184 on: June 14, 2017, 08:16:32 PM »
Oops did it again

Offline The_Muffin_Man

• Just Me
  • Site Moderator
  • Star
« Reply #185 on: June 15, 2017, 11:38:01 AM »
That is a nice looking arena and I'm guessing 10 thou attendance ?...Great photo's Dan and what jumped out for me was all the Red Wing jerseys.........makes sense been the affiliate for them..... but the Detroit logo is one of my ALL time Fav ........a Wheel with Wings..........RED ones at that........lol.....and the Logo has stood the test of time............. perfect10

Unlike the Vancouver Canucks who have change their logo 5 F-ing times since 1970...... saywha

Enjoy the Championship MM and Grands Rapids must be a rocking right now...... ber

Yep, the game was sold out which is just under 11,000 for attendance. I want to say 10,834 or something like that. In those images you see the wall end of the arena. On the end I was sitting at it goes all the way up to the same height as you can see on the sides.

Definitely a lot of Wings jerseys, but a fair amount of actual Griffins gear as well. I think us Wings fans got even a little more excited than usual about the Griffins this year with the Wings not making the playoffs. But the Griffins definitely generate some interest on their own too.

There is a parade around downtown tomorrow...not sure if I will be able to make it though as it depends when I get out of work.

Ok so what happened to the octopus ?

I'm not sure what the guy's rationale for bringing it was. As you can see in the pictures, we were well into the upper bowl and even if you could throw an octopus that far, the back net would get in the way of it getting onto the ice. So I think he figured that out and decided not to throw it. We figured out he had it when it started to smell like octopus in the 3rd period. I didn't think I knew what octopus smells like, but let me tell you...if you smell octopus in a hockey arena, you know it's octopus. haha1

The guy ended up leaving it under his seat in the plastic bag he used to smuggle it in. An unpleasant surprise for the cleaning people, I'm sure. But at least he left it in the bag.

Four Million, Two Hundred and Twelve Thousand, Seven Hundred and Thirty - One

Online TrumpetGuy

• Veteran
  • TG sounds off
« Reply #186 on: June 16, 2017, 05:31:09 PM »
Hello counters... it has been a couple of weeks since I stopped by.  I was in Missouri and Kansas on vacation.  Got to see some Royals games (my wife performed the SSB at the first game and did a great job) and saw some other baseball too (T-bones in Kansas City, Kansas) (Naturals in Northwest Arkansas) and we then drove to St. Louis and saw the Cardinals vs. Phillies.  Busch Stadium was a nice park.

Congrats to your Griffins.  I don't get the Octopus thing at all.

nym3 nyg1 nj2

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #187 on: June 17, 2017, 11:32:50 PM »
I don't get the Octopus thing at all.

It goes way back Trumpet...........I believe it started in the 50's when there was the Original Six Teams.

Octopus have 8 Legs....in those days you had to win 8 games in the playoff's to win the "Cup".

The throwing of a Dead Octopus started in Detroit when they won.....names like Gordie Howe , Alex Delvecchio , Terry Sawchuk..........too name a few and ALL HOF's.

ten1   van2   wsh3

Online TrumpetGuy

• Veteran
  • TG sounds off
« Reply #188 on: June 18, 2017, 07:18:34 AM »
I knew it had to do with Detroit... but the fact that you are throwing a dead, slimy animal onto the ice doesn't sit well with me.  I am all for interesting ways to root for your team and celebrate, but that is too icky for me.

nym3 nyg1 nj2

Offline jpsdone

• Backup
  • Lets Play 2
« Reply #189 on: June 18, 2017, 11:22:46 AM »
sounds like a great trip TG

Congrats to you and your wife

happy fathers day to all the Dad's....

Offline The_Muffin_Man

• Just Me
  • Site Moderator
  • Star
« Reply #190 on: June 18, 2017, 04:42:27 PM »
That sounds like a great vacation Trumpet! And congrats to your wife on the SSB!

Octopus have 8 Legs....in those days you had to win 8 games in the playoff's to win the "Cup".

This is correct. At risk of offending any other Wings fans that stop by...I'm not really THAT into the octopus thing either. I kind of hope that tradition dies with the new arena. Wow does it sure get the crowd excited though.

Anyone following the NHL expansion draft? I am pretty pleased with the players the Wings chose to protect.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY counters!

Four Million, Two Hundred and Twelve Thousand, Seven Hundred and Thirty - Six

Online TrumpetGuy

• Veteran
  • TG sounds off
« Reply #191 on: June 18, 2017, 06:23:36 PM »
That sounds like a great vacation Trumpet! And congrats to your wife on the SSB!

Yeah, it was a great trip.  Got one more baseball trip planned in late July.

Don't know enough to follow the expansion draft, but I did hear that it will be difficult for Pittsburgh to protect both of their goalies and this could be where the new team might go?

I agree.... HAPPY FATHERS DAY!

nym3 nyg1 nj2

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #192 on: June 20, 2017, 07:21:16 PM »
Anyone following the NHL expansion draft? I am pretty pleased with the players the Wings chose to protect.

Yes I'am MM............and the Las Vegas Golden Knights are going to be a good Hockey Team coming out of the  Gate............they will get 30 (one from each team) Player's and 20 of them will be good player's.....GM George McPhee is in a great position to wheel and deal........I believe he has 6 Offers on the table right now and has to disclose by tomorrow.........it is going to be very interesting to see who George (x Canuck) picks for his team and will he PASS on any Teams ???

Draft this weekend in Chicago........will the "Trade" Winds blow........lol..........Detroit picks 9th and will get a Prospect...........I'm hoping Vancouver Trades Chris Tanev to Dallas for the 3rd pick......IF that happens we would get # 3 and # 5.......... ber

Dan............Vegas is going to be a FUN place to go watch your Team play.......make a weekend of it ....the Arena is close to the Strip.......it would be FUN for ALL of us to go and meet in Sin City someday.....in 2 years they will have the NFL........we would choose a Hockey Game on a Saturday Night and a Football Game on Sunday afternoon.......mid Oct/Nov.........that would be sooooooo much fun to meet everyone Face to Face.....then we will go to Fremont Street and drink......listen to GREAT "Live" Music......and People Watch....it really is the Best Place in the World to People Watch.........it is F-ing Hilarious what goes on in Fremont.

4212738............ ber

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline River Rat

• Home of 2017 Rats Cup
  • Super Mod
  • Coach
  • Too old for this $&#@
« Reply #193 on: June 21, 2017, 06:14:28 AM »
Came across this link with each teams protected players. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/protected-list-for-vegas-golden-knights-nhl-expansion-draft/c-289972722

Went out last night and got really wasted. 
I woke up in the middle of the night next to some chick who was snoring and farting, so I knew I made it home OK.

Offline The_Muffin_Man

• Just Me
  • Site Moderator
  • Star
« Reply #194 on: June 21, 2017, 05:40:29 PM »
Don't know enough to follow the expansion draft, but I did hear that it will be difficult for Pittsburgh to protect both of their goalies and this could be where the new team might go?

Yes, Fleury is projected to go to Vegas as their #1 goalie. Rat posted the list of protected and unprotected players. ber

Yes I'am MM............and the Las Vegas Golden Knights are going to be a good Hockey Team coming out of the  Gate............they will get 30 (one from each team) Player's and 20 of them will be good player's.....GM George McPhee is in a great position to wheel and deal........I believe he has 6 Offers on the table right now and has to disclose by tomorrow.........it is going to be very interesting to see who George (x Canuck) picks for his team and will he PASS on any Teams ???

Draft this weekend in Chicago........will the "Trade" Winds blow........lol..........Detroit picks 9th and will get a Prospect...........I'm hoping Vancouver Trades Chris Tanev to Dallas for the 3rd pick......IF that happens we would get # 3 and # 5.......... ber

Dan............Vegas is going to be a FUN place to go watch your Team play.......make a weekend of it ....the Arena is close to the Strip.......it would be FUN for ALL of us to go and meet in Sin City someday.....in 2 years they will have the NFL........we would choose a Hockey Game on a Saturday Night and a Football Game on Sunday afternoon.......mid Oct/Nov.........that would be sooooooo much fun to meet everyone Face to Face.....then we will go to Fremont Street and drink......listen to GREAT "Live" Music......and People Watch....it really is the Best Place in the World to People Watch.........it is F-ing Hilarious what goes on in Fremont.

We will find out between 8 PM and 10 PM EST tonight! Should be interesting.

Not sure if I am interested in visiting Las Vegas...but as you say I think that's kind of part of the reason they are bringing in pro sports. I wouldn't pay for a flight there just to go to the Strip, but for a unique hockey and football experience? I just might someday.

Four Million, Two Hundred and Twelve Thousand, Seven Hundred and Forty

Offline jpsdone

• Backup
  • Lets Play 2
« Reply #195 on: June 21, 2017, 07:07:45 PM »
watching the expansion draft.....we hear Ottawa is going to lose Methot...our second best defenseman..but apparently we the Sens did not want to give up a first round pick to keep him too bad

Online TrumpetGuy

• Veteran
  • TG sounds off
« Reply #196 on: June 21, 2017, 09:55:06 PM »
Devils are not a deep enough team to have to worry too much about losing a player.... that said, not sure why they protected some of the older players when youth is what you should protect if you can, in my opinion.  I think I heard they lost a defenseman.

nym3 nyg1 nj2

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #197 on: June 21, 2017, 10:43:49 PM »
watching the expansion draft.....we hear Ottawa is going to lose Methot..

Golden Knights picked 14 Defenseman jp.......and there  is several more deals to finalist tomorrow.

Canucks lost Luca Speza (D)..........YAHOO glad Vegas did not take Gaunce.

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline The_Muffin_Man

• Just Me
  • Site Moderator
  • Star
« Reply #198 on: June 23, 2017, 03:34:39 PM »
Seemed like Vegas got a decent team to me. We will see how the draft pans out this weekend.

Four Million, Two Hundred and Twelve Thousand, Seven Hundred and Forty - Four