Author Topic: Let's Count to Infinity  (Read 6579 times)

Offline larry lava

• Star
  • RESPECT IS HUGE IN MY BOOKS
Re: Let's Count to Infinity
« Reply #450 on: October 14, 2017, 09:59:12 PM »
jp.............I know it's early but the Sens look good and are having a GREAT western Road Trip..... ber

Respect is huge in my books

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline The_Muffin_Man

• Just Me
  • Site Moderator
  • Star
« Reply #451 on: October 15, 2017, 07:55:12 PM »
I guess the Arcade may be gone for good.

I just gave another nudge in the moderator area on your behalf. But, that's possible. I don't know. :/

Four Million, Two Hundred and Thirteen Thousand, One Hundred and Forty - One

Offline ktopp24

• Backup
« Reply #452 on: October 16, 2017, 09:38:42 AM »
I really hate losing bets, especially to cry-baby Vi-queens fans. But this one is under protest. See the 2 attached pictures. 1 is me wearing a Vikings jersey which was the bet I lost. The other is the sign pinned to the outside of my cubicle. Grrrr......

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:45:26 AM by ktopp24 »
gb1   wisconsin1   mil3 

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #453 on: October 16, 2017, 07:17:02 PM »
LOL............good for you Kevin for been a man about the bet.

I laughed you Favre jersey inside out........lol

OUCH about Rodgers.........that hurts.

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline TrumpetGuy

• Veteran
  • TG sounds off
« Reply #454 on: October 16, 2017, 07:40:41 PM »
Nice job honoring your bet.  I had one of those with a friend early this year.... where my friend (a Phillies fan) had to wear Mets garb to a Phillies game.  Football payoffs are tougher.

How about those NJ Devils, they too are playing well (just like Ottawa).

nym3 nyg1 nj2

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #455 on: October 16, 2017, 09:51:13 PM »
How about those NJ Devils, they too are playing well (just like Ottawa).

1st place in the MET Trumpet.........Kudos they are playing well............ ber

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #456 on: October 16, 2017, 10:48:20 PM »
MM.......................DAMN a tie in Football......... lurk1

I hate ties in Fantasy Sports.

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline The_Muffin_Man

• Just Me
  • Site Moderator
  • Star
« Reply #457 on: October 17, 2017, 03:56:22 PM »
Sad day Ktopp! haha1

MM.......................DAMN a tie in Football......... lurk1

UGH yeah, me too.

Four Million, Two Hundred and Thirteen Thousand, One Hundred and Forty - Eight

Offline The_Muffin_Man

• Just Me
  • Site Moderator
  • Star
« Reply #458 on: October 17, 2017, 03:57:49 PM »
Trumpet - The site admins have not been able to figure out what is wrong with the arcade. It does not appear to be an issue that is easily fixable. I am thinking I might look into it myself if I have time. But for now, plan for the worst. :/

Four Million, Two Hundred and Thirteen Thousand, One Hundred and Forty - Nine

Offline The_Muffin_Man

• Just Me
  • Site Moderator
  • Star
« Reply #459 on: October 19, 2017, 11:28:08 AM »
WOW...

Due to a scoring adjustment by ESPN, the scoring in Infinity FFL changed for this past week and now I've edged Larry by 1 point. I have not seen that before. Looks like Latavius Murray was the guy whose score changed.

http://games.espn.com/ffl/tools/statcorrections?scoringPeriodId=6

Four Million, Two Hundred and Thirteen Thousand, One Hundred and Fifty

Offline River Rat

• Home of 2018 Rats Cup
  • Super Mod
  • Coach
  • Too old for this $&#@
« Reply #460 on: February 07, 2018, 05:14:02 PM »
NGS is BACK!!!!!  Unfortunately, it looks like we've lost about 3 months worth of posts.  I'll let you guys figure out where to begin the count.

Larry, yes McDaniels did screw the Colts over.  I wasn't really sold on him based on his failure in Denver a few years ago.  But it really irks me that now the Colts have lost 5 weeks of off season time, and many of the quality candidates are now off the market.  Not only that, but McDaniels had several of his staff already tabbed and in the last couple of weeks, the Colts had signed them for him.  Now we have man assistant coaches on contract that a potential new head coach will now be "stuck" with. Several of those guys, left good jobs and are now in a cloud of uncertainty.  So this guy now had better stay in the good graces of Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick, because he is now poison to the other 31 teams in the league. 

Went out last night and got really wasted. 
I woke up in the middle of the night next to some chick who was snoring and farting, so I knew I made it home OK.

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #461 on: February 09, 2018, 09:36:18 PM »
because he is now poison to the other 31 teams in the league. 

Totally agree RR........he Hosed the Colts......and No other Team is now going to hire him.

I'm sure that was the deal with Robert Kraft to stay and be Head Coach when Bill steps down.

I'm wondering if Indy will hire Frank Reich ???.

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #462 on: February 12, 2018, 05:48:09 PM »
Hello Counters!

Let me apologize for the long site crash and outage we experienced recently.  While we hope this doesn't happen again, it would be helpful for everyone to have somewhere to go as a backup should the site ever go down in the future.

Cali and Kburjr have started up a backup site for us called Afrannex (don't be concerned by the title, it has no real connection to AFR).  Should NGS ever have issues again, this is a place you can go for updates.  Please save this link to your bookmarks, and create an account there if you wish.

http://afrannex.freeforums.net

Don't give up.  Don't ever give up.

If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.

Jim Valvano

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Jack Lambert

Offline River Rat

• Home of 2018 Rats Cup
  • Super Mod
  • Coach
  • Too old for this $&#@
« Reply #463 on: February 12, 2018, 06:40:57 PM »
Thanks Blitz.  I'm in over there.

Larry, What are your thoughts on Coach Vrabel?

I woke up in the middle of the night next to some chick who was snoring and farting, so I knew I made it home OK.

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #464 on: February 12, 2018, 09:39:22 PM »
Thanks Blitz.  I'm in over there.

Larry, What are your thoughts on Coach Vrabel?

Thank you Blitz for the Back-Up......I believe NGS has crashed 3 times in the last year ???

Really nice to have a B/U and I will join soon.

Brian..........I like the hire of Mike Vrabel for the Titans.......he is a Leader and he likes a strong "D".

Rat the AFC South is going to be the BEST Division next year..../18........ ber

I'm looking forward to Olympic Hockey...NO NHL and every team has a chance this year..could be good Hockey.

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline ktopp24

• Backup
« Reply #465 on: February 16, 2018, 08:23:47 AM »
Looks like we are back up......again!

My heart goes out the the Parkland FL community and most certainly the families and friends of the 17 victims. Another senseless act of violence committed by a deranged individual that should never had access to guns in the first place. 17 precious lives lost for absolutely no reason. Gun control is a MUST in this country and our leaders, current and previous, have basically done nothing to help the cause.  We can sign all the petitions we want and leave a million messages on the voicemails of a million senators, but if our leaders do not start controlling guns and strengthen the laws on obtaining guns, then we are doing nothing to prevent future attacks. Children should NEVER be afraid to go to school. As a single parent of 2 school age children, I cannot tell you how scared I am to leave my kids in the morning and hope that nothing like this happens at their school. That should not be how anybody lives their lives.

Sorry to go off topic in a sports forum. But I needed to speak my mind.

gb1   wisconsin1   mil3 

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #466 on: February 17, 2018, 11:12:27 PM »
Sorry to go off topic in a sports forum. But I needed to speak my mind.

VERY WELL SAID KEVIN........KUDOS.

Gun control is a MUST in this country and our leaders, current and previous, have basically done nothing to help the cause. 

I do not understand your Gun Laws....do you realize that is 18 school shootings in 2018 in the USA.
That is 48 days in 2018 with 18 shootings..........that is a MAJOR Problem.

How was a 17 year old known to police able to buy a gun with ammo ???

That Kid should have been Red Flaged two years ago........very sad what he did.

Kevin do they have Capital Punishment in Florida ???

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline ktopp24

• Backup
« Reply #467 on: February 19, 2018, 02:42:55 PM »

I do not understand your Gun Laws....do you realize that is 18 school shootings in 2018 in the USA.
That is 48 days in 2018 with 18 shootings..........that is a MAJOR Problem.

How was a 17 year old known to police able to buy a gun with ammo ???

That Kid should have been Red Flaged two years ago........very sad what he did.

Kevin do they have Capital Punishment in Florida ???
[/quote]

Yes, I know that this was the 18th mass shooting in the USA this year. Just a clarification on your statement. Only some of these shootings were in schools, not all of them.  Doesn't make it any less tragic, but just wanted to clarify. And yes, we have a serious gun problem down here. It's gotten way out of control and needs to be fixed. Not sure how they are going to do that. Because if you change the laws and fix gun control, that doesn't just make the guns stop working. People have to actually stop using them and convincing then to do this will be extremely hard. But we need to start somewhere. We have background checks and 2-week waiting periods but those are obviously not strong enough. The background checks need to be deeper and maybe check family history of mental illnesses, not just on that 1 specific person. Just because a person isn't delusional now doesn't mean he won't be later in life.  Maybe he/she doesn't need to have guns then.

And the shooter in Florida was 19, not 17. That's how they were able to release his name right away, because he wasn't a minor. And yes he should have been flagged years ago. That brings up another point. Social media needs to be monitored severely. By the government themselves and even by the social media companies too. make them liable to monitoring them own system and make strict laws that make them report suspicious behavior immediately. And don't get me started on his adoptive parents allowing him access to guns in their home. "Oh, we didn't know he was psycho. We didn't suspect anything." YOU EFF-ING MORONS!!! It's not like he wears a sign around his neck!! You should have noticed his strange behavior and his violent tendencies long ago and taken away his guns!! I hate morons. Pay attention to your kids. You are around them more than anybody. He got expelled from school for whatever reason and then started showing psychotic behavior, give me a break people. Notice these things and do something about it. 

And yes, they have capital punishment in Florida. But our judicial system is just as corrupt as anything out there. They allow like a million appeals by inmates and they just delay and delay the death date for some of these criminals that eventually they just live off our tax dollars and die of old age. Yay America!!

gb1   wisconsin1   mil3 

Offline River Rat

• Home of 2018 Rats Cup
  • Super Mod
  • Coach
  • Too old for this $&#@
« Reply #468 on: February 19, 2018, 04:58:41 PM »
OK, I can no longer hold it in.

I fully agree with Ktopp that the background checks need to go much deeper than they currently are.  However, it drives me nuts how the gun control drums start beating when one of these tragedies happens.  But here is the problem with gun control being of any benefit, If somebody wants a gun, no matter who they are they can get one.  I read a report that over 90% of all gun crimes were committed with a gun that was acquired illegally.  The piece of chit that was responsible for 17 lives took one from his parents.  I'm like Ktopp, don't get me started on these parents.
 Guns have been in the homes of private citizens for well over 200 years.  Mass shootings began being in the news for about 30.  So what has changed?

If people want the government to do something about it, THEN ALLOW AND DEMAND THAT PARENTS BE ALLOWED TO WHIP SOME LITTLE DISRESPECTFUL ASSES AGAIN!!  The last 30 years, parents, schools and other institutions have had their hands tied when it has come to discipline.  Many kids have no respect for anyone else but themselves, they think they deserve everything handed to them on a sliver platter.  They get their feelings hurt if they are told NO, and feel that they can act out in anyway they wish.  They have no respect for life, this isn't a video game, you can hit reset and get your 3 lives back.  You want the government to do something?  Test kids once a year.  If they are disrespectful, arrogant, and feel that the world owes them something?  Then levy a Little Chit Tax on the parents.  Maybe then parents will be less lazy.  Being an older parent of teens, my wife and I won't put up with our kids being little shits.  We have been complemented many times on how well behaved and pleasant our kids are.   

This age of lazy parenting is also a big reason that I only lasted 1 year as a school teacher.  It was the worse year of my life having to deal with disrespect and uncaring by both the students and their parents.  I was the guest speaker this last fall at my kids school for the first 3 periods.  In the first period, it was all I could do to keep from unloading on a P.O.S. that had no respect for the teacher.

In short, this problem needs to be handled at Home. 

Sorry..... Rant over

« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 05:00:24 PM by River Rat »

Offline River Rat

• Home of 2018 Rats Cup
  • Super Mod
  • Coach
  • Too old for this $&#@
« Reply #469 on: February 22, 2018, 12:45:26 PM »
 WooHoo.  USA Women's Hockey team!!! 

cheer1  perfect10  cheer1

« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 12:47:53 PM by River Rat »

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #470 on: February 23, 2018, 02:15:49 PM »
WooHoo.  USA Women's Hockey team!!! 

Kudos to the USA for the Gold RR...........they were the better team......... ber

Canada gets Silver Medal and I was really pissed off at Jocelyne Larocque for removing the Silver Medal from her neck.........TOTAL DISRESPECT for the Gold Medal Team USA......... and too the IOC

Shame on you Joc.........she is from Manitoba and you should ALWAYS be Happy and Proud when you receive a Medal from the Olympics.........regardless of the Colour.........I'm sorry for ALL Americans......

........it was a good game BUT I hate the Shoot-Out......bad way to end a good Hockey Game.

IT'S THE GOLD MEDAL......you play Sudden Death......4 on 4 for TEN Minutes......3 on 3 for TEN Minutes.

You will get a Goal 3 on 3......... ber

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline The_Muffin_Man

• Just Me
  • Site Moderator
  • Star
« Reply #471 on: February 23, 2018, 05:42:38 PM »
My apologies for being MIA! I was on vacation in Europe, then trying to catch up at work and at home. My girlfriend and I spent about four days in Spain, then 6 days in London. We had a fantastic time!

Four Million, Two Hundred and Thirteen Thousand, One Hundred and Sixty - One

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #472 on: February 23, 2018, 10:03:08 PM »
MM...........Nice vacation and glad you both had a good time........ ber

Are you planning on moving the counting thread to Pro Boards ???

Much nicer site and NGS has been crashing a lot lately.......just waiting for the FINAL Crash.

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline The_Muffin_Man

• Just Me
  • Site Moderator
  • Star
« Reply #473 on: Yesterday at 12:01:41 PM »
The issue of gun control in this country I live in is a very difficult one for me to understand.

For me personally, I have never owned a gun. I have never fired a gun in my life. And honestly I wouldn't be surprised if I never did. Hunting just isn't interesting to me. The same way that the NBA isn't interesting to me, or Kim Kardashian isn't interesting to me, or any number of other things.

That said, I 100% understand that owning and firing a gun for hunting is interesting to other people. Many of my coworkers love to hunt. There are three weeks each year that the office is half empty because so many people are on vacation. One is the week between Christmas and New Year's. Another is the final week of the fiscal year, which is the last week before vacation re-sets (so people are trying to use up their remaining vacation days). The other week is the first week of gun hunting season in November. From being around so many conversations about hunting, I have learned a little bit about it. I believe that I understand how it can be enjoyed by responsible gun owners (as I have no doubt all of my coworkers are).

With that in mind, I cannot understand why normal people (read: law-abiding American people that aren't politicians or lobbyists) object to basic regulations on who can buy and own a gun. I just don't get it.

I don't get why anyone would oppose universal, more thorough background checks.

I don't get why anyone would oppose banning bump stocks. Someone please explain to me why anyone would ever need a bump stock to hunt, or protect themselves.

I don't get why anyone would oppose banning the sale of guns to people on terrorist watch lists.

I don't get why anyone would oppose more research into gun violence.

It is really frustrating to me that the stooges in government at all levels in this country cannot/will not take steps to protect people from gun violence.

There are many possible causes of gun violence that are thrown around. Quite a few of them are somewhat plausible. It is true that many of the shooters had mental health issues. It is true that violent video games are more prevalent than they have ever been. It is true in my opinion, as Rat suggested, that discipline has gotten a lot softer and that a higher percentage of kids now are spoiled rotten as a result (I do think that my generation as YOUNG ADULTS is getting a bad rap from the older generations that is undeserved, but that's a discussion for another time). I believe that all of these things might contribute to the gun violence problem in some way. I really do.

But here's the part that really gets me. Other developed countries have this figured out.

Other developed countries used to have more mass shootings. Our friends in Canada. Australia. Switzerland. Germany. The UK. The list goes on. All of these countries have responsible gun owners. And after shootings in the past, all of the countries passed laws to better track and control the sale and use of guns. All of the countries now have significantly fewer mass shootings.

If the US were the only country in the world, then we would have this gun violence problem and no outside data points to try to solve it. All of the hypotheses that people go on about would be equally plausible. But that is not the case. The US is not the only country in the world. It seems blindingly obvious to me that the US should try doing what has worked for so many other countries as a first step.

Is the US different than other countries? Absolutely. So is there a chance that more gun control isn't going to solve the problem? Of course. But overwhelming evidence and history from all around the world suggests not only that the problem can be solved, but also lays out a blueprint for how to do it. Every law-abiding citizen in the US - including every responsible gun owner - has nothing to lose and everything to gain from attempting to follow this blueprint. That's my position.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:46:51 PM by The_Muffin_Man »

Offline The_Muffin_Man

• Just Me
  • Site Moderator
  • Star
« Reply #474 on: Yesterday at 12:05:08 PM »
MM...........Nice vacation and glad you both had a good time........ ber

Are you planning on moving the counting thread to Pro Boards ???

Much nicer site and NGS has been crashing a lot lately.......just waiting for the FINAL Crash.

That thought did cross my mind. Currently I am trying to understand the reasons why NGS is crashing, and whether it is likely to keep happening. In the admin chat, currently there is no talk of a permanent move to the other site. I don't think I would want to move us over there unless everyone is moving.

Four Million, Two Hundred and Thirteen Thousand, One Hundred and Sixty - Three